HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Aw fuck, it's Alice Cooper, isn't it?

The HHN FB always likes to put little puns in... I totally forgot about the "nightmare" comment. (the one about Hostel prior was to avoid people staying up for an announcement while I'm sure this one IS intentional).

I even just read that the Welcome to My Nightmare Part 2 album comes out in September.

I'm loathing coming on here tomorrow now.

And it doesn't help that I just found THIS roaming Google:

"www.meotoo.com/nukeontd.html

13 hours ago - Welcome 2 My Nightmare: Alice Cooper Returns with a New Album, New Nightmare ..... debut in time for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights season this autumn. ..."

Oddly enough, that second half of the sentence I could not find on the website so I don't know if they printed it and deleted it or if it's part of another story BUT the page doesn't have any "previous" button that I can find so I can search. Did this website jump the gun and realize it? Or were they simply talking about Hostel from a week prior?

The only way I'll even be remotely interested in this is if they THOROUGHLY explain what I'm going to see when I go in along with ALOT of concept art.

Gr.

Seriously. Next year = TrT, Scream, Hellraiser, Jeepers Creepers, The Descent and The Evil Dead. I don't care how obscure or dumb environmental wise any of them sound.

Name ONE person, ONEEEEEe, JUST ONE who requested Alice Cooper be involved with HHN this year or have an Alice Cooper related maze? Seriously, one name of the general population crowd.

And you know what? While we're at it, give Freak his fucking Wolfman maze. Him and many other fans have been asking for that since 09. C'MON.

There's no excuse not to do any of those anymore (presumably, if this is true)

Please God... please let it be Resident Evil... I'd even prefer Underworld...

That La Llorona rumor is actually starting to sound good right about now even.

Also, I had a thought as to how Scream could still possibly work in at HHN...

Trivia is actually the T2 queue and Bunny Gibbons is actually the HoH (Rob Zombie's House of Horrors? Eh? Eh?)

I suppose Scream would need the house set from HOTC for Casey Becker's house or even Stu's house (I think someone said this awhile back)

Unless Murdy already flat out said that Trivia is in the HoH...

I think I'ma get ready and pour the gasoline all over my body and sit in front of my computer with a lit match waiting to drop it the moment Alice Cooper is announced. Excuse me, I have some planning to do...

But seriously, am I overreacting here? I probably am.

I'm just ranting now.

Nobody respond to this, please.

These are just ramblings of a madman.

Edited by DTH316

I guess we will see in a few hours. I didn't believe it until yesterday. When Murdy and I were having our rumor squash tweetathon, I saw sceeamscapes post about Alice cooper and chuckled, thinking it wasn't possiibso I sent him the link saying "let's squash this while we're at it" or something like that.... and he didnt. respond. Four hours of back and forth, and I got no response on that tweet. interesting.

If the leak on FB is correct, the event will look like this... he listed 5 mazes and later claimed to not know anything about The Thing (which could be considered true since Murdy said that was super secret or something of that nature)

He claimed that Scream was the main theme. No mention of where it would be located though. Could it some how... some way... be Soap Opera?

That ACs maze would be on the lower lot in the JP Queue (... which is where this next maze is to be announced...)

That Hostel would be behind the Mummy (...which has been confirmed...)

HOTC return (... which is highly speculated...)

La Llorona House of Horrors (... which might make sense...)

This WOULD satisfy the 3 continents, 4 countries requirements (if Murdy accidentally claimed Antarctica as having a country)

NA, Europe & Antarctica

America, Mexico

Slovakia and where ever the hell ACs maze takes place

Antarctica's Norway

So he... wasn't crazy, angry and bitter afterall? This rocks my world.

Just... rocks it.

Hours... just mere hours... away from the truth...

Ugh. Goddamn. Forgot my password and have been too lazy to get a new one until now.

Soap Opera is SCREAM (in my opinion), reasons being (and feel free to mock these mercilessly, as I'm sure you will because they are pretty tenuous):

First clue is SOAP OPERA? - Kevin Williamson, the creator of SCREAM and the writer of the first, second and fourth films, also created the hit WB soap opera DAWSON'S CREEK.

Second clue is REAL WILD CHILD? - Emma Roberts, who played Jill Prescott in Scream 4, has previously starred in a film called WILD CHILD.

Third clue is...I forgot, and I can't be arsed wading through page after page on Alice Cooper, TrT and Insidious spec to find it.

Peace out!

GTH

Right,

Thanks Freak, for pointing that out (and not mocking me mercilessly in doing so).

TRIVIA could definitely work for SCREAM though, as the killer (at least in the first film) used trivia of horror movies to taunt his victims.

The REAL WILD CHILD connection is therefore still plausible to be a reference to the Emma Roberts film WILD CHILD (which, thanks to a quick IMDB search, also featured the song REAL WILD CHILD).

Meh. It's all I got right now.

GTH

I just read like 3 pages of Alice Cooper nonsense and I don't know why lmfao

But honestly, I give props to Murdy for confusing the living fuck out of us. I've never seen us so bewildered in the last 2 years of posting on here.

And Cooper was responsible for Brutal Planet? That was the biggest piece of shit maze I ever been through in my life. I've gone through Home Haunts way better.

I remember waiting an hour for it just to go through that nonsense and coming out like, "seriously, wtf? This doesn't even compare to Knotts."

I didn't even bother with the rest of the mazes because I heard that was the "maze to see" and figured if "IF THAT IS THE BEST, FUCK THE REST."

Solely because of that maze, I gave up on Fright Fest A LONG TIME AGO.

But go ahead Universal, do this bullshit maze and tell fans they can't have a Trick 'r Treat maze because it's not well known enough. Or Jeepers Creepers. Or hell, even Hellraiser. You know, ACTUAL horror movies? I understand the strive for original content but this drives us back to the point - - if you're going original now, why not do a movie that's not well known?

Personally, I know you guys love original and hate repeats - - I'm actually somewhat oppose to both as I absolutely LOVE the movie based mazes and repeats don't bug me none as I'm used to Knotts pullin that shit for DECADES.

But I'm willing to meet with you guys in the middle here and either way, this concept satisfies me NONE.

As I said before, I'm skipping the house entirely unless I hear it's the best maze of all time or something.

I got 5 other mazes, a Terror Tram and people who've never been to the park who want to ride the rides and a show to squeeze into a 7 hour night. But even last year, HotC was the supposed crown jewel of the event and that maze did nothin' for me (no offense to you guys and your opinions lol)

The idea of doing it pisses me off. If they actually do it, it'll piss me off even more and I know the GP will definitely be going "WTF IS THIS CRAP?" the very moment of announcement and possibly to the very moment they exit the maze.

But I'm just one man, my opinion doesn't matter and my lack of attendance into the maze won't hurt it none.

Should I be more open minded? Probably but I feel a bit offended being told beloved horror movies like Hellraiser can't be done but Welcome to My Nightmare can. And I don't even care for Hellraiser much but I know there's an ass ton more fans for that.

So IF this is true, I'm boycotting the single maze. I'm not asking you to join in or to even care, I'm just letting y'all know because people on here seem to wonder about my thoughts on things.

Anyway...

With that said, I haven't the slightest clue what this maze is. I'm officially stumped. I'm just gonna kick back until the PR is announced tomorrow and it's a very exciting thing.

My only guess is if it's something I named pages ago or it's something that was accidentally refuted... or something kinda lame like Underworld.

But if it's Alice Cooper...

As the spill.com crew says, "that's some ol' bullshit."

Exactly! Thank you dth that makes two of us. I would be so pissed. But honestly I dont see how it isnt scream with all the hints by murdy and scare actors. Plus most of the clues match up and I'm sure the rest do we just dont know how. I still have confidence in scream.

And for the record: The crazy Facebook page guy, (Jay) is former HHN talent. Its possible he has connections.. and isn't crazy.

Just saying.

haha I was being facetious in regards to calling him "crazy".

I'm sure he might be connected because he's doing pretty well, minus "The Thing"

Aw fuck, it's Alice Cooper, isn't it?

The HHN FB always likes to put little puns in... I totally forgot about the "nightmare" comment. (the one about Hostel prior was to avoid people staying up for an announcement while I'm sure this one IS intentional).

I even just read that the Welcome to My Nightmare Part 2 album comes out in September.

I'm loathing coming on here tomorrow now.

And it doesn't help that I just found THIS roaming Google:

"www.meotoo.com/nukeontd.html

13 hours ago - Welcome 2 My Nightmare: Alice Cooper Returns with a New Album, New Nightmare ..... debut in time for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights season this autumn. ..."

Oddly enough, that second half of the sentence I could not find on the website so I don't know if they printed it and deleted it or if it's part of another story BUT the page doesn't have any "previous" button that I can find so I can search. Did this website jump the gun and realize it? Or were they simply talking about Hostel from a week prior?

The only way I'll even be remotely interested in this is if they THOROUGHLY explain what I'm going to see when I go in along with ALOT of concept art.

Gr.

Seriously. Next year = TrT, Scream, Hellraiser, Jeepers Creepers, The Descent and The Evil Dead. I don't care how obscure or dumb environmental wise any of them sound.

Name ONE person, ONEEEEEe, JUST ONE who requested Alice Cooper be involved with HHN this year or have an Alice Cooper related maze? Seriously, one name of the general population crowd.

And you know what? While we're at it, give Freak his fucking Wolfman maze. Him and many other fans have been asking for that since 09. C'MON.

There's no excuse not to do any of those anymore (presumably, if this is true)

Please God... please let it be Resident Evil... I'd even prefer Underworld...

That La Llorona rumor is actually starting to sound good right about now even.

Also, I had a thought as to how Scream could still possibly work in at HHN...

Trivia is actually the T2 queue and Bunny Gibbons is actually the HoH (Rob Zombie's House of Horrors? Eh? Eh?)

I suppose Scream would need the house set from HOTC for Casey Becker's house or even Stu's house (I think someone said this awhile back)

Unless Murdy already flat out said that Trivia is in the HoH...

I think I'ma get ready and pour the gasoline all over my body and sit in front of my computer with a lit match waiting to drop it the moment Alice Cooper is announced. Excuse me, I have some planning to do...

But seriously, am I overreacting here? I probably am.

I'm just ranting now.

Nobody respond to this, please.

These are just ramblings of a madman.

At this point, let's all hold our breath for the next few hours and wait for the reveal.

Personally, if it is Welcome I'll be stoked. I love that album.

Right,

Thanks Freak, for pointing that out (and not mocking me mercilessly in doing so).

TRIVIA could definitely work for SCREAM though, as the killer (at least in the first film) used trivia of horror movies to taunt his victims.

The REAL WILD CHILD connection is therefore still plausible to be a reference to the Emma Roberts film WILD CHILD (which, thanks to a quick IMDB search, also featured the song REAL WILD CHILD).

Meh. It's all I got right now.

GTH

Didn't Murdy say that the code name is called "Trivia" because it was used in another contest before.

I Think Trivia is going to end up being Nicasio again or something.

Edited by DireBrian

Hey wait a minute...if by some odd reason we are getting that Alice Cooper maze, I wonder if those rumors about a La Llorona maze a true as well?

In all seriousness, I wouldn't anticipate Steven being the Alice Cooper maze. Think about it. Murdy warned that he's full of trickery here. Doesn't this seem a little too obvious if it IS the Alice Cooper maze? It's gonna be Scream, you watch.

Wow. Really didn't see this coming (prior to yesterday, that is). Crazy and so, so random! But hey, at least it's something original. That's something to hang on to, I suppose.

But think about it guys. Of all the cool possible things that have been speculated (Scream, Wolfman, TrT, Jeepers Creepers, Insidious), all of the least exciting possibilities have come to pass: The Thing (which isn't bad but not super exciting), Hostel, Alice Cooper. Sigh. So discouraging. It's obvious that Murdy is far more interested in pal-ing around with celebrities (Roth, Zombie, Cooper) than making the best possible event. Sheesh.

We can also learn that even when Murdy "denies" something, unless he flat-out says "There will be no maze based on such-and-such his year", there's always wiggle room. I think we read too much into a lot of his tweets.

I'm so glad I'm also going to the Orlando event this year...

^I'm actually shocked at all of the complaining here! We've been dying for an original maze and we finally GOT ONE! This beats the crap out of getting repeats! I'm actually really excited about this! Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but three cheers for some originality!

^I'm actually shocked at all of the complaining here! We've been dying for an original maze and we finally GOT ONE! This beats the crap out of getting repeats! I'm actually really excited about this! Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but three cheers for some originality!

I do agree with that Freak. Better something original than another repeat. And I have no idea what types of scenarios/monsters are in "Welcome to My Nightmare", as I'm sure most people don't since it's not particularly well known. I mean, everyone on here even had to Wikipedia it. So it could be awesome. Who knows. We'll see. But of all the possible mazes and themes discussed, this certainly wasn't at the top of my list (was it on anyone's?). It's just so freaking random.

The Thing definitely excites me most of what we're getting.

Edited by Creeper06

:lol:

Jay has spoken. He just said that he was right about Alice Cooper and that Scream and classic monsters are next. I hope we'll get Scream...

Nice. If Scream and Classic Monsters are next, that would do the trick in getting ME psyched again :D Fingers crossed!!!

So Classic Monsters would be HoH, I would imagine.

I just want to note that I am not oppose to original content.

However, I'm oppose to original content that sounds lame.

And from what I've seen of the video (which is UBER cheesy) and the art, it looks like it deserves to be at Disneyland during Halloweentime more than Universal for it's "spooky" approach.

(Oooooh, spiders and snakes! How scaaaaaaaaary!)

With that said, bring on La Llorona.

Just hearing the name conjures up more frights than anything Alice Cooper.

I can already imagine the fog filled rooms with the slow haunting music as we walk across a Mexican village...

The shivering fear we feel as we come across her haunting grounds, with the feeling of her breathing down our neck...

Her moan gliding through the wind, softly and faint, almost as if it wasn't ever there...

Villagers warning us to turn back but ofcourse, it's already too late... because in time... she'll get him too... just like she got her own children...

Just as she's about... TO GET US.

FUCK YEAH.

You guys enjoy your spiders and snakes and other spooky shit, I'm waiting in line for this baby TWICE.

soo....

i guess we call all say

we were right ;D

hahaha

now come on everyone this is our first big step in Originality and your just gonna blow off HHN like its nothing?

you shouldnt care what we get, fact is were all FANS and WORKERS of the event, meaning no matter what we get

we still love HHN

I know alot of you are pissed but think about it like this

Original Content or Repeats?

i say lets be happy they're finally taking us into the right direction with this one

and lets hope they don't STAB us in the back by giving us repeats

I say bring on Coopers Nightmares

it'll defiantly give people something to Scream about

This is why Im kinda let down by this, first from the conept art and my fears this seems to be filled with clones of Alice cooper dressed in different outfit, and second like DTH says this sounds Cheesy as hell. again Murdy has proven us wrong before and Ill give this maze the benifit of the doubt but he needs to stop with the whole "Movies is our brand" thing. and also I would like to add this maze is based off of Cooper's likeliness and his Albums this is by no means a original concept.

It's a STEP towards big budget originality. You say he needs to stop the movies are our brand thing, then why are you angry? This isn't a movie. Also, obviously Steven has some inside info about Scream, he's been hinting for two days, but everyone is so mad that they are blowing right by it!

It's a STEP towards big budget originality. You say he needs to stop the movies are our brand thing, then why are you angry?

No I ment Murdy needs to stop saying that if hes gonna turn down other ideas because there not movie based and flop this Alice Cooper maze out on us and despite it being good or bnot I dont see it doing well with GP about more then half are 13-25 counting out the people who are actualy Alice cooper fans or have seen enough episodes of that 70's show well know and or care who Alice cooper is maybe some of them will experiance the maze and like it but I can already see people skipping this in favor of Hostel or HOTC, Im just saying this just not excite me.

and once again if its based off of source material (Movie, Book, Music, TV, or an actual person) it not a original concept.

I don't mind original content, as I noted in my previous post.

But to shove us along, telling us shit isn't well known enough and then to give us THIS announcement pisses me off.

With as many fans Alice Cooper may have, I guarantee you there would've been more excitement over Trick 'r Treat being announced.

Is anyone dancing in the streets over this? No. Because it's random and nobody wanted it or even asked for it.

Nobody campaigned for it, did surveys a dozen times picking it over and over, flooded the FB boards requesting it or forced their friends to sit down and watch it so they can get behind they idea too like people did for TrT.

An original idea like La Llorona sounds scary. I back it 100%.

An original idea like zombies in the wild west sounds scary. I back it 100%.

An original idea like an alien abduction maze sounds scary. I back it 100%.

An original idea like the typical vampire and werewolf maze doesn't necessarily sound scary but it has potential. I back it 100%.

But this? A maze essentially based on music and the persona of a rocker that's not even relevant anymore?

(Hold the history lesson, YES he's still alive and kicking today but not as many people give as much of a shit as they did back 25 years ago, okay?)

When I think of horror, I don't think of Alice Cooper which is funny considering how involved he's been with the genre. But let's face it, none of which has been substantially amazing and in fact, might've been on the cheesy side. Remember him in Freddy's Dead? That was probably the cheesiest scene.

In fact, I think of Marilyn Manson first and he hasn't done shit for horror other than do a somewhat shitty score for the Resident Evil film.

But his image and his music is more geared to what Halloween represents TODAY.

Someone on the FB boards mentioned Ozzy Osbourne might seeming like a more better choice since he had a TV show.

Um, no, that'd be lame as well... especially more lame considering how UN-horror he's been for quite awhile.

This would've been great in the 80s but this is two decades too damn late for it's GP to care.

I know all the old folks and the "fans" will be waiting for this, and be my guest, I hope they enjoy it. In no way would I want someone to jump on the bandwagon and NOT enjoy something. What good is that?

But it interests me zero, in comparison to Hostel, which I honestly wasn't even psyched about until, um, now.

And I know for a fact that it's going not going to interest a ton of other people too.

But I really think it's funny all the fans are gonna go "don't complain, quit bitching, if you don't like it, don't go."

People have a right to express their negative opinion as much as they have a right to express their enjoyment.

Anyone saying, "don't knock it until you try it" sounds just as stupid as anyone saying "this IS going to be lame."

Fact of the matter is, nobody knows what the maze (or ANY maze for that matter) will turn out to be but it's the point of EXCITEMENT FACTOR.

It's the point of THE IDEA.

And the element of Alice Cooper's "Nightmares" excites me none. The idea of going through it gives me nothing.

You know another musician who has big influences in horror? Snoop Dogg. The guys made like 5 horror movies in the last decade.

Anyone wanna give him a maze any time soon?

Sure, it can be one HELL of a maze when I do actually go through it (if it's on the lower lot, I'll swing by in the first hour if there's no line) but thinking of it from this stand point, I could care less.

Wouldn't it be funny as hell if all the people praising the idea of it coming were all wrong and it's the biggest pile of shit ever?

Wouldn't it be funny as hell if all the people disappointed and pissed off were all wrong and it's the best fucking maze ever?

It's funny either way, it's funny even if it's mediocre.

But a lot of what an event holds is all about anticipation. Did it grab the attention in the promotional stages?

As far as I'm concerned, other than the "fans" who will like everything HHN does regardless, this is the biggest DUD they've had since their return.

Is it too late to ask for Freddy back?

Now don't count me out as not a true HHN fan. I'm just saying...

Universal can do better. Universal had the chances to do better. Universal has studio after studio lining up.

There's obscure films out there that'd make an awesome maze and would gain a lot more excitement.

But this is solely talking about anticipation. And you can rate mine for AC at a 0%.

Final product? We'll see. Luckily there's 6 mazes this year.

Luckily I can look forward to The Thing, which sounds like it'll be nothing but badassery.

Luckily I can look forward to Hostel, which sounds like it'll be nothing but a gruesome good time.

So where does this leave the Terror Tram? The House of Horrors (oh God, it'd be wonderful if AC was in the HoH).

What about any other original ideas? Certainly, ANYTHING else would've sounded better (aside from the other musical influenced maze).

Is the cat all out the bag with La Llorona & Scream a certainty?

Will Murdy pass up working with Rob Zombie AND Alice Cooper at the same time? I certainly don't think so.

But I'm just waiting for the "WTF?" to pour in from the fans of all the horror franchises that got blown off for this.

I don't care who you are, you have to admit there is stuff that SOUNDS way better than AC does.

I trust Murdy and his vision, surely he can pull off something amazing with everything this year.

Should the prospect of assured awesomness excite me? Perhaps.

But frankly, I'm a bitter bastard who believes anticipation is a factor when trying to amp an event and who believes there is a SHIT TON of more material that could've been done that would SOUND more pleasing, and I'm gonna go out on a limb here, that would IN FACT be better.

It's like going to a concert and seeing the lineup and you get to Rebecca Black's name and you go, "ew, wtf?"

HEY, don't knock it till you see her perform.

Edited by DTH316