HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

is this the tweet you were talking about djevilclown im assuming its you lol @djevilclown I think with 3DN we may have to open the window, no one has "broken neck" right.

if this is it i think its a way of Murdy saying "hey everyone might of guessed hostel right but not the reason how it relates to "broken neck" lol idk. broken neck is only a clue in 3DN so maybe thats what everyones getting wrong. Also can someone kindly post the remainding codenames and there hints to go with them.I'm too lazy to go looking for all them lol :P

Sorry djevilclown i just noticed you already posted this tweet in previous threads lol i just came across it on twitter and thought i respond to it

Edited by HorrorNights93

i just had a thought...you know how last year murdy basically did the saw maze over but just added a few new rooms/traps in the maze? Maybe thats what hes doing wih HOTC. Same maze but some diffrent rooms..possibly some from hhnh86897 anticipated devil rejects theory :D idk i just could see it now HOTC: 3-D Zombievision with new scenes...thats kinda what they said about saw last year but it said new traps. Maybe thats the cool thing Murdy and Rob were discussing..possible extra effects and scenes they can use. Honestly i've accepted a possibility of a HOTC maze. It wasnt really a bad maze and although i hardly noticed some of the 3D effects they pulled it off well. Plus was it just me or did this maze feel long as hell ?ahahaah i like longer mazes though that feel like theres no end in sight

Edited by HorrorNights93

^Sure thing! :)

Here's the code-name re-cap:

GV Black - Crossed out. Confirmed to be The Thing: Assimilation.

Soap Opera- "Anarchy in the UK", "O'Dowd", will feature scenes in a forest and a tomb, complete with the scent of rotting bodies, and will be in the Shrek queue.

Trivia- "Real Wild Child", Codename was given because the name of the property used was mentioned in a previous Twitter horror trivia contest.

3DN (3 Dog Night)- "Broken Neck", will have the scent of burning flesh and fresh-baked cookies.

Bunny Gibbons- Crossed out. Semi-confirmed to be the return of House of 1000 Corpses.

Steven: (Forgot if there was a hint connected to this or if there was). Will be a scene inspired by the French Revolution, a headmaster, there will be a basement and there will be a tape, and has involved 63 pages of treatment.

Soap Opera- "Anarchy in the UK", "O'Dowd", will feature scenes in a forest and a tomb, complete with the scent of rotting bodies, and will be in the Shrek queue.

Trivia- "Real Wild Child", Codename was given because the name of the property used was mentioned in a previous Twitter horror trivia contest.

3DN (3 Dog Night)- "Broken Neck", will have the scent of burning flesh and fresh-baked cookies.

Bunny Gibbons- Crossed out. Semi-confirmed to be the return of House of 1000 Corpses.

Steven: (Forgot if there was a hint connected to this or if there was). Will be a scene inspired by the French Revolution, a headmaster, there will be a basement and there will be a tape, and has involved 63 pages of treatment.

thanks Freak...this saved me a whole bunch of time now to further my research :D

Just a clarification, Murdy's tweets and clues do not necessarily refer to specific elements of the maze, but rather the film itself correct? I doubt we will actually see silver fillings in the Thing. When I hear "basement tapes" I don't automatically think that we will actually see tapes in a basement, but that those may show up in the film or be related to it. Or am I just completely crazy?

i decided to start by looking up if there was a definition for O'Dowd used in the soap opera codename and this is what i found.."O'Dowd is an uncommon Irish surname." Now remeber when Murdy said he was going to ireland and had all those tweets related to leprechauns and all that ? No im not saying were getting a leprechaun maze lol well i found some info related to dracula. and them book was written by an irish man...plus this takes place out of the U.S. hmmm just a thought

i decided to start by looking up if there was a definition for O'Dowd used in the soap opera codename and this is what i found.."O'Dowd is an uncommon Irish surname." Now remeber when Murdy said he was going to ireland and had all those tweets related to leprechauns and all that ? No im not saying were getting a leprechaun maze lol well i found some info related to dracula. and them book was written by an irish man...plus this takes place out of the U.S. hmmm just a thought

Did the same guy write the Wolfman? Hmmmm....now THAT should be something to think about. ;)

Does Hostel even involve the burning of flesh in any way? It's a cool effect... but it needs to make sense with the film. Second of all... Sam is alive and well... look at what the creator did for Fearnet. It seems to me like this video is valid evidence... because this is a legit commercial... and although 14,500 reviews is not a huge amount the likes compared to the dislikes is HUGE! This also shows that the director wants to expand his franchise... and it seems to me that this will at least help in some way as a promotion... WATCH AND BE AMAZED!

Does Hostel even involve the burning of flesh in any way? It's a cool effect... but it needs to make sense with the film. Second of all... Sam is alive and well... look at what the creator did for Fearnet. It seems to me like this video is valid evidence... because this is a legit commercial... and although 14,500 reviews is not a huge amount the likes compared to the dislikes is HUGE! This also shows that the director wants to expand his franchise... and it seems to me that this will at least help in some way as a promotion... WATCH AND BE AMAZED!

wow this was a really cool video i can see that there at least attempting to promote it....still keeping my fingers tied for a TrT appearance.

Still holding out hope for something NOT movie-based, how about 3DN being a Fairy-Tale based house (like Orlando's Scary Tales)? The clues could point to a Hansel and Gretel portion, with burning flesh and fresh cookies. Such a house could easily explain locations based in foreign countries. I have no idea how "3DN" related to this, but it's hard to relate it to anything. Fairy tales do include 3 Blind Mice, 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks and the 3 bears - lots of 3's. And he uses the number 3, rather than the word. Broken Necks abound in fairy tales, also. Jack fell down and broke his crown, and don't get me started on Humpty.

Steven sure sounds like Evil Dead/Army of Darkness to me:

There was a basement, and the tape was used to activate the Necronomicon. As for the French Rev, he said a scene was inspired by it - not that the actual French Rev would be portrayed. When I think of the Revolution, I picture plague, bringing out the dead, people catching and eating rats, etc. Those themes were pictured in Army of Darkness, even though it was not the French Revolution.

But then again, Soap Opera could also apply to Evil Dead, what with the forest and Bruce Campbell's soap stint in Fargo.

I hope to God that Real Wild Child doesn't imply the return of Chucky, but he did say that codenames could apply to houses or scarezones, so you never know...

And as for the overall theme of the event, based on the fact that both coasts are hosting a Thing house, it still wouldn't surprise me a bit if both coasts also used the same gambling theme this year (as they shared themes/icons in 2007). Remember, Murdy suggested we would be happy with "the Choice" of the theme this year - and many felt it was a clue. Choice --> Chance --> Luck, yadda, yadda. I'm just sayin'...

Edited by zombieman

It's crazy, a lot of the codenames point to Evil Dead. My point being, I'll be disappointed if it does NOT come this year.

And that's because speculation is leading us in that way... unlike a movie that I won't name that still continues to pop up anyway despite no reasonable speculation or hints towards it (with GV Black already being eliminated as well).

Scream, I can't say I'll be too disappointed. It's basically my own hopes and the fact of them using popular icons that has fueled the speculation but not many of the actual speculation leads me to believe it'll be here this year.

What I'm trying to say is...

I'm moving onto other movies that we're failing to recognize here. There's no way that at this moment, we're 100% right (although that WOULD be amazing).

So I'm jumping into the more obscure... the less talked about on here...

I feel like we've been discussing the same 6 or 7 movies over and over again on here (Scream, Wolfman, Evil Dead, TrT, The Thing, HOTC/Devil's Rejects).

There's something else out there that's going to be used... I just feel it and I'm going to seek it out before this next PR.

Something we have yet to unearth or give much possibility.

I'm going on my journey... and I will seek them out.

Bid me good luck.

*throws cape in the wind and walks off, blending in with the fog and vanishing into the night*

^ Those are all pretty good points, but I just don't see the fairy tale house... it's just too out of "left field." I have a little info that will make Screamers happy. Someone on twitter a while back asked about a Dead Silence maze and Murdy said it was not well known enough. DS is much more known than TrT so... not too happy right now. I asked Murdy if theres a chance, but he hasn't gotten back to me... so BOO!

Also if I may do this... though the mods may not like it. I'll keep this short but please go to the scary farm thread... I am trying to organize a "west coast haunt meet" and TPR is doing a day... that is all but I am trying to asses if anyone wants to meet up.

Back to you're regularly scheduled thread. So... if Hostel may not happen then what else can we speculate? Original house after all? What if there is a Freakz house after all? It makes sense for maze and Scarezone so it could happen... I'm actually very curious about this. It seemed to make so much sense, but I don't remember rotting corpses and the broken neck being wrong really through me for a loop!

the way i look at it guys i dont think well be getting any originality this year. Murdy has already claimed all the houses would be "movie based this year" and when i asked him on twitter if we get any originality he said no. Now technically this shouldnt apply to the TT so we might have a ounce of hope there. I would LOVE to have an event based on originality but Murdys determined to keeping our event movie based for the time being to give hhn time to grow in fans more so he can get to the point maybe one day having an all original based event and being insured everyone would still come.Im already sure that one or 2 or hell maybe even more mazes to be announced will be out of the 6 or 7 we keep speculating on i just need a place to start. For the most our clues have been matchiing up so idk what other movies could work.

Edited by HorrorNights93

We know that the mazes will span four continents this year, but I think we might have forgotten that they will span four countries outside of the US. It could work like this: If we get Army of Darkness in House of Horrors, that means it would cover the United Kingdom. Hostel, would cover Russia, and then there's another possibility. It's possible Zombieman could get his wish for an original maze this year if those rumors are true about a La Llorona maze. That would cover Mexico, being our third country that would be on North America. Antarctica does not technically have any countries, unless they count Norway as being a claimed territory there being that the Thing has been confirmed. Either that or Steven takes place in another country, which would spell out no Scream this year. :( So we can only hope that Norway counts as one of the countries for the Thing.

We know that the mazes will span four continents this year, but I think we might have forgotten that they will span four countries outside of the US. It could work like this: If we get Army of Darkness in House of Horrors, that means it would cover the United Kingdom. Hostel, would cover Russia, and then there's another possibility. It's possible Zombieman could get his wish for an original maze this year if those rumors are true about a La Llorona maze. That would cover Mexico, being our third country that would be on North America. Antarctica does not technically have any countries, unless they count Norway as being a claimed territory there being that the Thing has been confirmed. Either that or Steven takes place in another country, which would spell out no Scream this year. :( So we can only hope that Norway counts as one of the countries for the Thing.

Um, while I'd love to see an original maze.....La Llorona sure as heck ain't it. :P

As for Scream, maybe Murdy outsources the franchise and Ghostface makes long-distance calls from India??

"Thank you for holding, Ms. Prescott. I will now rip your head off and defecate into your neck, after which we would ask that you take a brief survey telling us if our quality of murder today met with your expectations."

Edited by zombieman

Um, while I'd love to see an original maze.....La Llorona sure as heck ain't it. :P

As for Scream, maybe Murdy outsources the franchise and Ghostface makes long-distance calls from India??

"Thank you for holding, Ms. Prescott. I will now rip your head off and defecate into your neck, after which we would ask that you take a brief survey telling us if our quality of murder today met with your expectations."

^^

^^

^^

This Is WIN!

It's THREE continents and FOUR countries. It makes a big difference in speculation. Just saying.

And djevilclown, I've been looking for that survey list as well. I'ma have to look back in an earlier thread for it.

WTC did I saw four continents? I meant to say three! I swear I'm not thinking...

Well i asked Murdy one of two things.

@HorrorNights Does Scream have any chances for this year ? he said "What's the Vegas line? There must be odds on this" this actually confused me im not sure exactly what this is suppose to mean. I was also loooking for the movies on the survey list so i thought " hey why not ask murdy himself to save time" and this is what he said....

@HorrorNights Murdy do you recall which movies were on the short list from the survey and can you name a few ? he said " I think that would reveal too much" Apparently one or maybe more of the movies being used on the list might be a maze this year..WE MUST FIND THAT LIST !!!!!! :o

Edited by HorrorNights93