HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

I knew you didn't all lose faith in TrT! :) I watched the trailer for TrT for the first time today despite seeing the film a few times... it seems to me like it makes sense for Trivia. I mean the trailer is essentially a video of rules to survive Halloween... that to me makes Trivia seem possible as a clue. For another thing it seems like if these were the 2 Murdy tweeted that long ago I see it "in the cards" as opposed to Scream.

To those speculating that our event will have the same theme as Universals do you think we will finally get a real icon? Of course, there is always the possibility there won't be an icon at either event... but I've always wanted one for Hollywood. I know the director and Jack came to HHNH but both seemed kinda half assed at best as they just served as terror tram stories. I am very much hoping we get an icon or something... at least move into that direction.

I'm really happy to see Murdy making it up to the fans after last year's debacle with the maze announcements and PRs.

By the time we get our third announcement/PR, it would be the same time where we were last year when we got our first one (first week of August, if the timeline stays the same, should be our third PR).

However, one thing I do know; the next PR is aiming for a specific day next week, meaning it could align with a trailer release of some sort like The Thing was (kinda, I guess).

What I DO know right now is... Paranormal Activity 3's trailer is to be OFFICIALLY released next week.

As of right now, it's technically supposed to be a Comic-Con exclusive for the fans who followed the clues to a website about updating old VHS tapes to digital which led them to the trailer for PA3.

But ofcourse, it has been copied and now leaked onto the web before it's official release next week.

And wanna know something funny? The main theme of the Paranormal Activity 3 trailer is...

Bloody Mary.

The main problem with doing a Paranormal Activity maze before was there was no villain.

Things have OBVIOUSLY changed (you would know if you've seen part 2).

And with part 3 coming out, things seem to be headed in the same route (spoiler if you haven't seen the second: with an evil Katie reeking fucking havoc on anyone in her path but this time in some weird, time travel sort of way).

So now with three houses to be used as different locations and different stages of Katie's possession (each movie takes place in a different house, the second and third one's scares taking place in almost every room of the house now) and now a new villain, I think it's easy to say PA could actually be feasibly done now.

Sure it'd be boring environment wise... but imagine all the people who would come to see something like that...

Even the fans would go, "okay, I just HAVE to see how they're going to pull this off."

And of course all of the GP is gonna, "OMZG, Paranormal Activity, this fuckin rulez, have to go through it, so kool!"

Surely if Murdy can come up with a maze for The Exorcist, which also lacks environments and it's villain is a possessed female, (wow... so many parallels here...) by now he can DEFINITELY come up with a maze for this.

And it would definitely cover the supernatural horror element.

And Katie DOES (spoiler if you haven't seen PA2) "break the neck" of a character in a very vicious way.

And there's also a very scary basement scene in the second one...

Murdy DID state that he talked with the producers last year when they came to the event.

Is there a possible reason Murdy didn't watch Insidious yet?

Could it be that since the producers of PA are also the producers of Insidious... and if Murdy already made a deal with doing PA... that Murdy doesn't see the need to watch Insidious quite yet?

Saw used to be the Halloween box officer leader until PA came along... and then the makers of both franchises came together to make Insidious... and now Saw is out of the running for maze treatment... COULD IT BE PA'S TURN NOW THAT SAW'S REIGN IS DONE and now that PA is the new, most popular and biggest current horror franchise?

If there was anything that could beat out Scream... I honestly think it's this, plus even more the fact that it's current and NOW.

Imagine all the people who voted for this on that survey? I'm sure none of them were thinking, "can I see this as a maze?" I'm sure what they WERE thinking was, "do THAT because THAT was the scariest movie of all time/the last decade/of the year."

Summing things up: Trailer to coincide with PR announcement like The Thing - - A third movie coming out this fall that adds environments -- NOW with a villain in place that IS female and appears to continue to keep killing -- it would be GREAT promotion for part 3 much like The Thing is - - HELLA POPULAR with not only GP but also horror fans -- Bloody Mary connection - - a broken neck - - it's an outside property - - connections with the producers that could have possibly led Murdy to feel as if there's no need to see Insidious yet - - Saw passing of the torch possibilities to PA from the movie franchise and now to maze format.

Holy shit... it's almost seems obvious now...

DTH316's Thinking Outside the Box Experiment Results So Far:

Possible code breaking for both Shaun of the Dead and Paranormal Activity.

I shall continue with my journey...

Edited by DTH316

Hey DTH, Paranormal Activity 3 is actually a prequel focussing on Katie and Kristy as children and how the demon affected them (and possibly burnt their house down). I don't think there will be any time travel elements, but like PA 2, is supposed to delve deeper into the background and how this deal with the demon ultimately went down. But I think you have a good point about PA. It's actually something I've been thinking about for a month or so now, but I could never settle it in my mind because of the lack of a physical presence. I kept thinking that the Legendary Truth house which was a "haunted house" with lots of special effects, but I remembered that there actually were a ton of scare actors dressed up as ghosts. However, if you put Katie throughout the maze coupled with some good FX, it could work really well. The only thing is I'm having a real hard time connecting it to any codenames. Steven would make sense as Spielberg is the one who encouraged Paramount to buy PA (funny story, Spielberg was so scaed of the movie that he threw it in the trash outside after viewing it). But didn't Murdy deny that Steven=Spielberg?

Edited by jymmymack

Hey DTH, Paranormal Activity 3 is actually a prequel focussing on Katie and Kristy as children and how the demon affected them (and possibly burnt their house down). I don't think there will be any time travel elements, but like PA 2, is supposed to delve deeper into the background and how this deal with the demon ultimately went down. But I think you have a good point about PA. It's actually something I've been thinking about for a month or so now, but I could never settle it in my mind because of the lack of a physical presence. I kept thinking that the Legendary Truth house which was a "haunted house" with lots of special effects, but I remembered that there actually were a ton of scare actors dressed up as ghosts. However, if you put Katie throughout the maze coupled with some good FX, it could work really well. The only thing is I'm having a real hard time connecting it to any codenames. Steven would make sense as Spielberg is the one who encouraged Paramount to buy PA (funny story, Spielberg was so scaed of the movie that he threw it in the trash outside after viewing it). But didn't Murdy deny that Steven=Spielberg?

He has a few times, mentioned that Steven is not Spielberg.

i asked Murdy on twitter would a zombie maze has any chances this year and he completely skipped over that tweet or at least hasnt replied yet 0.o Also PA i find unlikely. The movies NEVER scared me so i wouldnt personally be to excited for it. And also like jymmymack said the lack of physical prescence would be a problem. Katie could not be considered the villian the demon would have to and we know nothing what it looks like. How would they advertise something like that without a picture? Also you would need a TON of special efffects. It would have to work like orlandos legenedary truth maze from what it sounds like. And it lacks enviroments. Whether we have one house to work with or three it still wont be enough. Theres only so much you can do with it. (living room, rooms,kitchen etc.) and continue to repeeat it as you walk through the house. sounds like it would be rrather quite a BORING maze if you ask me. Depending on how creative they can get that is. And yes there would be similiar problems as far as enviroment goes for The Excorsist and Insidous. But if Murdy said he can make the excorsist work than its possible to make PA work i guess. Even though i find that highly not to be happening this year it can be something to continue speculating on

Edited by HorrorNights93

I knew you didn't all lose faith in TrT! :) I watched the trailer for TrT for the first time today despite seeing the film a few times... it seems to me like it makes sense for Trivia. I mean the trailer is essentially a video of rules to survive Halloween... that to me makes Trivia seem possible as a clue. For another thing it seems like if these were the 2 Murdy tweeted that long ago I see it "in the cards" as opposed to Scream.

Another gambling reference from Murdy.

Do any of you need any more clues that the two coasts will have the same overall theme?

^I wouldn't hold your breath for a gambling theme. Murdy said that this year's theme will be several different themes. I'm kind of bummed bout that since I am more of a central theme person like a lot of us are. Besides, Murdy has always said that the wants Hollywood to be a whole separate beast from Orlando....so don't bet (Hehe) on it.

Another thing: That's the first time Murdy has said something like that. I remember him saying that when responding to Saw or Freddy last year.

Well as we been speculating, it doesn't appear to be an icon this year.

And I have speculated that the cups and marketing may also be going a different route (this is harking back to the Frankenstein on the cups discussion).

Imagine if it IS Frankenstein. Can you imagine on the right side of the picture Frankenstein staring on and then on the left in little boxes, simply just the logos for each movie being represented this year?

The Thing doesn't really have an image to sell other than it's famous logo. Neither does HOTC. Scream has Ghostface, but the logo says what it is just enough. And PA has a logo as well.

That could very well be just the route we're going in. Perhaps they're famous enough now to not need to use faces, which would make a lot of sense in the sense of theme and icon this year that Murdy has been alluding to.

And I wouldn't like a PA maze all that much either but damn, like I said, I'd be sure as hell curious to see how it's pulled off.

And really, The Exorcist is no different in terms of what there is to work with to make a maze. Sure, it's a helluva lot better movie but for maze material, it has the same exact things going for it.

Oh, and what I meant by a time traveling Katie (lol) was that fans have been speculating that the scare spot in the trailer is Katie in demon form from the future to come haunt herself (or it could really just be Bloody Mary but I doubt they'd do something like that...). Wouldn't it be wild... you find out the thing that's been haunting you your whole life is your own ghost/possessed self/demon?... I won't discuss it much further, this isn't the movie boards haha

Edited by DTH316

Another gambling reference from Murdy.

Do any of you need any more clues that the two coasts will have the same overall theme?

Besides, "in the cards" is more of a psychic term than a gambling term.

I remember Miss Cleo saying it a bunch on her dumb informercials back in the early 2000's.

Besides, "in the cards" is more of a psychic term than a gambling term.

I remember Miss Cleo saying it a bunch on her dumb informercials back in the early 2000's.

I wouldnt count out a gambling theme just yet, it would make sense for orlando and hollywood to have the same theme, especially since they are sharing the thing maze. Also since I havnt seen the movies in forever would TCM fit any of the hints and codenames we've gotten so far? i know with HOTC coming back as it is alot of you probably would HATE to see TCM come back aswell especially since HOTC and TCM are kind of similar but im just trying to throw some more movies into the speculation.

^The TCM sequel (Yes, it's a sequel, not a remake) is set to come out next October. I think they would want to wait until the iron's hot until they revisit the Hewit family in Texas.

I hope the next maze they announce next week is going to be either Soap Opera, Trivia, or Steven. We all pretty much know what 3DN and Bunny Gibbons are.

TCM probably will come back.. but I would think not until the new sequel comes out next year. In terms of theme, Murdy did say it would be multiple themes. I doubt that Orlando and Hollywood would actually have the same themes. Perhaps similar taglines like last year's Fear/what fear fears most. I wonder if the theme is what Murdy will be announcing in a few days or if he will release one maze at a time and unveil the theme at the end.p

Edited by jymmymack

^The TCM sequel (Yes, it's a sequel, not a remake) is set to come out next October. I think they would want to wait until the iron's hot until they revisit the Hewit family in Texas.

I hope the next maze they announce next week is going to be either Soap Opera, Trivia, or Steven. We all pretty much know what 3DN and Bunny Gibbons are.

Alright i agree with that so we can more than likely cross TCM off our list for this year. Im just trying to think of other horror movies that we havnt thought of yet so DTH doesnt have to go crazy by us getting our hopes up for TrT lol :P

Which code name is it that has the scent of fresh baked cookies?

Alright i agree with that so we can more than likely cross TCM off our list for this year. Im just trying to think of other horror movies that we havnt thought of yet so DTH doesnt have to go crazy by us getting our hopes up for TrT lol :P

Which code name is it that has the scent of fresh baked cookies?

3DN - Fresh Cookies and Burned Flesh

Yea if Murdy could do a Excorsist maze i see no reason why he couldnt do a PA or insidous maze at that. It just seems so unlikely and kind of random. As far as TCM goes ill have to agree we probably wont see a remake maze til next year which would be better and make more sense. Also the gambling theme does seem unlikely because were having multiple ones,it can possibly be one of them. How would these multiple themes work? Is it suppose to be one for each house ? i rather us just stick to one theme but hey lets see how it works as long as its more organized than last year.

Edited by HorrorNights93

Yea if Murdy could do a Excorsist maze i see no reason why he couldnt do a PA or insidous maze at that. It just seems so unlikely and kind of random. As far as TCM goes ill have to agree we probably wont see a remake maze til next year which would be better and make more sense. Also the gambling theme does seem unlikely because were having multiple ones,it can possibly be one of them. How would these multiple themes work? Is it suppose to be one for each house ? i rather us just stick to one theme but hey lets see how it works as long as its more organized than last year.

I'm not seeing how a PA maze would work. PA was all about stuff happening by unseen entities. Boo-holes just doesn't make PA work. Clearly, a classic "haunted house" with no pop scares does work in modern days - look at Orlando's Legendary Truth house. But even that didn't come close to the spirit of PA.

If someone could outline the flow of a PA house, I'd love to hear it.

In all honesty, I don't see how anyone could pull off an Exorcist house. I mean, you've got a spinning head, thrashing body, floating body, and soup spitting. You can't have all that in one room, but it doesn't make sense to keep entering bedroom after bedroom seeing one effect each time. It would make a great single-room addition to an "All-Nite-Die-In" house, but doing the film as the entire house? What would they put in the boo-holes? Priests? I see how that could be really scary for some.

I'm not seeing how a PA maze would work. PA was all about stuff happening by unseen entities. Boo-holes just doesn't make PA work. Clearly, a classic "haunted house" with no pop scares does work in modern days - look at Orlando's Legendary Truth house. But even that didn't come close to the spirit of PA.

In all honesty, I don't see how anyone could pull off an Exorcist house. I mean, you've got a spinning head, thrashing body, floating body, and soup spitting. You can't have all that in one room, but it doesn't make sense to keep entering bedroom after bedroom seeing one effect each time. It would make a great single-room addition to an "All-Nite-Die-In" house, but doing the film as the entire house? What would they put in the boo-holes? Priests? I see how that could be really scary for some.

believe me zombieman were both on the same page. As much as i want a Exorcist maze (i finally spelled it right lol) i just dont know how any house could work without a present villian and lacks in enviroment. Unless its like orlandos "All Nite Die In " maze im not sure how it could work. Plus the lack of enviroments...well insidous you could add the further in but other than that not sure, Two ways these house might work. 1) a TON of special effects, good Scareactor FX make up, maybe a few pepper ghost acts but than the envirroments are still left with a problem....2) adding ALOT of ORIGINAL content in the maze. so basically if you refer back to my first reasoning enviroments would no longer become a problem.

ok.so before someone tweeted murdy (sorry low battery on phone can't see who it was) but that.someone asked. what are the chances that scream will be at hhn? He answered whats the vegas line? I.d bet on that. I googled whats the vegas line and stuff came up about the.percent of people in vegas want obama to be relected. 55% of people in vegas want him to be. Thats a very good chance (more than reagan.and lincoln) this has something to do with vegas line or is called vegas line. Is murdy saying that scream has.a great chance of being at hhn? And he just wanted you to figure it out instead of him saying yes or no.

Well, Insidious doesn't have the same problems as PA and Exorcist at all. For environments you have the first house (with a legit facade), you have the second house (with the seance), and then you have The Further with the still-life murder scene, the attic with the red door, and the demon's chamber. As for scareactors, there is a slew of them: the old woman, the twins, the little boy, the family, and the demon, plus a lot of others from the Further. I can just see the maze name now Insidious: Into the Further. Anywho, Exorcist would be incredibly hard, if not impossible to pull off as a whole house. PA would have to be VERY creative to even stand a chance.

I think we're reading too much into the Vegas comment. The Vegas line just means the odds that Vegas has on any given gambling situation. So, there is a Vegas line on a baseball game or fight or even on Best Picture race. I think Murdy was making a joke about people asking him that question so many times that there must be some kind of money riding on it.

Edited by jymmymack

Well, Insidious doesn't have the same problems as PA and Exorcist at all. For environments you have the first house (with a legit facade), you have the second house (with the seance), and then you have The Further with the still-life murder scene, the attic with the red door, and the demon's chamber. As for scareactors, there is a slew of them: the old woman, the twins, the little boy, the family, and the demon, plus a lot of others from the Further. I can just see the maze name now Insidious: Into the Further. Anywho, Exorcist would be incredibly hard, if not impossible to pull off as a whole house. PA would have to be VERY creative to even stand a chance.

I think we're reading too much into the Vegas comment. The Vegas line just means the odds that Vegas has on any given gambling situation. So, there is a Vegas line on a baseball game or fight or even on Best Picture race. I think Murdy was making a joke about people asking him that question so many times that there must be some kind of money riding on it.

Yea but my thing was theres really no other enviroment besides a house you can use for the exorcist and PA. Insiduous you have the further theres more enviroments to work with in there. I was actually one of the first if not the first to start pushing for a insidous maze but with murdy not even seeing the film yet it doesnt seem likely til 2012 at the most. Yes hhn86987 i already posted that about a page ago and i think we went over it. Thats where the gamblers theme came into discussion. Anywho i just see PA being incredibly hard to pull off. Can it be done ? probably were talkin about hhn lol Ill have mixed emotions on this maze. I would LOVE to see how this would be pulled off but i wouldnt be to excited. I rather them test it on a better property first though. the Excorcist or Insidous. Most;y insidous because theres more things to work with in there :D

Edited by HorrorNights93

nuff said

ALSO about the whole Gambling Lady Luck so forth and so on,

I CAN say this, THEY WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT be apart of the event

I will not say where i have learned this from or what has been said, but trust me on this

its will not be happening to HHNH

all i can say is, look forward to something we've never seen before

nuff said

ALSO about the whole Gambling Lady Luck so forth and so on,

I CAN say this, THEY WILL NOT, I repeat WILL NOT be apart of the event

I will not say where i have learned this from or what has been said, but trust me on this

its will not be happening to HHNH

all i can say is, look forward to something we've never seen before

Well that sucks, I thought that would have been a cool theme but as long as it is something we have never seen before thats good enough for me(:

Now that we know that we will not have the same theme as Orland why dont we try and start thinking of any possible themes.

I think it'll probably be a theme somewhat like Orlando's in terms of their theme not relating to an icon, especially since murdy said it'll have several themes? Is it a possibility that our theme will just kind of tie all of the mazes together and in that way it has several different themes? hmm.

by the way I noticed that I said theme like a million times in the above sentences^ aha

my bit of randomness for the day.

Well that sucks, I thought that would have been a cool theme but as long as it is something we have never seen before thats good enough for me(:

Now that we know that we will not have the same theme as Orland why dont we try and start thinking of any possible themes.

I think it'll probably be a theme somewhat like Orlando's in terms of their theme not relating to an icon, especially since murdy said it'll have several themes? Is it a possibility that our theme will just kind of tie all of the mazes together and in that way it has several different themes? hmm.

by the way I noticed that I said theme like a million times in the above sentences^ aha

my bit of randomness for the day.

it wont be long until we see SOME HHNO things,

but as long as we keep Original quality to our event

our Theme should be very very good this year ;D