HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

ey ey lets keep it friendly guys lol but TrT is still in the air no one knows for sure, anything about the event minus The Thing and basicly HOTC but Im gonna have to say the chances are slim for TrT but after two if we havnt given up yet why should we now the more we speak of it the more its fanbase grows but until its officialy debunked as in Murdy straight out saying no then it free for speculation.

^^^ I agree! Speculate away! Here's a question: Murdy said that there would only be one 2011 film, or did he say that there was one for sure and possibly more? I don't remember. Anyways, I'm not sold on Evil Dead now that the remake has been announced. It pains me, but the sensible thing to do (assuming Murdy had talked to Raimi and/or the rights owners) would be to wait until the remake came out. Also, next year is the second remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, so I have a feeling we will be seeing that maze again in 2012. Also, while there is little to no way Hellraiser is coming this year, it probably will next year... the remake drops in 2012. New icon for next year... the Re-animator? He's bringing back the movies that you'ce already seen!

Hey guys,

For my first post on these boards, I thought I'd contribute to ongoing debate about the likelihood of Trick r' Treat making an appearance at HHN this year by sharing an interest exchange with John Murdy that I discovered on Twitter.

Someone on Twitter recently (within the last day) asked John Murdy the following:

hhn09

@HorrorNights Murdy do we have a slight possiblity of getting a Trick or Treat maze or is there no hope for its appearance in the event ?

Murdy gave two responses:

horrornights

@hhn09 Let's just wait until the full PR roles out.

@hhn09 I will say Michael and I have gotten to know each other. Very cool guy. He knows I'm a big fan/supporter of his film.

Sorry if this has been posted already. Speculate away ;)

It IS friendly! Why does everyone think this is such a "hostel" environment?! AHHHHHHHH!!! lmao

Yeah, I was hoping for Evil Dead as well. The clues are hinting to it but dammit, I just don't know anymore. It's been a planned remake for YEARS and I don't know if Raimi and co. would license it with that coming up and I don't know if Murdy would want it knowing that as well. But F13 was done for a second time about 4 months before the remake came out as well, so I suppose it's STILL very possible.

All these remakes come out in October, which is the funny thing. I don't think Universal would take the risk and plan on doing a bunch of mazes on movies that all have yet to be released. One at a time sounds right, like they're doing now for The Thing. Also coming out next year is Lords of Salem. Imagine if they picked that, along with those remakes and plus one repeat from this year, it'd be an entire set of BRAND NEW movies. Is it possible? I suppose. Other horror films coming out next year: Cabin in the Woods (which is original and I hear has some creatures in it - - MAZE POTENTIAL), the Child's Play remake, The Ring 3D has been in talks, Underworld 4 (I agree that it's not scary and even the wrong genre but I suppose with the horror elements it's possible - - Knotts DID do a Beowulf maze once lol and Orlando DID do that one post-apocalypse movie that Neil Marshall did... I can't remember the name... but anywho, that was totally not horror either...), Resident Evil 5. A lot on the slate for next year... I think 2012 will be the hardest year to speculate.

Oh and Murdy said that one of the mazes has a release in 2011. He didn't, however, say if it was the only movie to be released in 2011.

And welcome htornado. I think we've seen those tweets, or at least I have. Neither of them look promising to me, at all. There seems to be a glimmer of sadness behind them.

Edited by DTH316

LOL, I am not saying anything..... :rolleyes: Just speculating that it has not been offically ruled out. hmmmmmmmmmmm

As for the Scareactor part, I am just waiting on my confirmation email. But I am confident that this will be my third year @ the event.

Edited by Hobbz

Exactly, TRT is probab gonna come,but remember in 09, the wolfman also had a post on the HHN FB site asking who wants a wolfman maze? Maybe The Thing replaced trick r treat? and someone asked John Murdy about trick r treat coming a couple hours ago, he said "lets say we got to know each other really well". So if not this year then next year, but i still have high hopes for it. Just because it hasnt been in the fan buzz for a while (Scream and Hostel seem to be taking over) doesn't mean it wont be a maze.

Hey guys,

For my first post on these boards, I thought I'd contribute to ongoing debate about the likelihood of Trick r' Treat making an appearance at HHN this year by sharing an interest exchange with John Murdy that I discovered on Twitter.

Someone on Twitter recently (within the last day) asked John Murdy the following:

hhn09

@HorrorNights Murdy do we have a slight possiblity of getting a Trick or Treat maze or is there no hope for its appearance in the event ?

Murdy gave two responses:

horrornights

@hhn09 Let's just wait until the full PR roles out.

@hhn09 I will say Michael and I have gotten to know each other. Very cool guy. He knows I'm a big fan/supporter of his film.

Welcome to HNN

at this point Murdy can usualy and has in the past straight out deny movies not saying this is a For sure just something to think about.

It IS friendly! Why does everyone think this is such a "hostel" environment?! AHHHHHHHH!!! lmao

All these remakes come out in October, which is the funny thing. I don't think Universal would take the risk and plan on doing a bunch of mazes on movies that all have yet to be released. One at a time sounds right, like they're doing now for The Thing. Also coming out next year is Lords of Salem. Imagine if they picked that, along with those remakes and plus one repeat from this year, it'd be an entire set of BRAND NEW movies. Is it possible? I suppose. Other horror films coming out next year: Cabin in the Woods (which is original and I hear has some creatures in it - - MAZE POTENTIAL), the Child's Play remake, The Ring 3D has been in talks, Underworld 4 (I agree that it's not scary and even the wrong genre but I suppose with the horror elements it's possible - - Knotts DID do a Beowulf maze once lol and Orlando DID do that one post-apocalypse movie that Neil Marshall did... I can't remember the name... but anywho, that was totally not horror either...), Resident Evil 5. A lot on the slate for next year... I think 2012 will be the hardest year to speculate.

on the neil marshell film "Doomsday"

anywho I know its Friendly just had to bust some chops for the hell of it lol

Well Murdy has just said that this year's Terror Tram will feature a theme that's "never been done before". That makes me very happy that we'll have some originality this year. :)

As for the whole thing about Trick r Treat, at first I though that its chances of coming are slim n' none, but maybe Soap Opera = Trick r Treat? Well there was the "Anarchy in the UK" hint so IDK. Soap is probably Wolfman or Army of Darkness.

Trick 'r Treat doesn't have any tombs. It has a basement but that's like... a scene not worth putting in a maze lol and I can see the forest werewolf scene in there... so basically the "run, forest, run" would be the only clue that fits towards Soap Opera. It's not that... my best guess is it's Trivia and I only say that because that's the one we know least about. Everything else doesn't fit.

And I only say we should focus our speculation elsewhere other than TrT because we're wasting brain power on it when we can be thinking of other properties and how they fit to the clues. As said, TrT doesn't fit any of the code names or hints. The only one that it KINDA did was GV Black, and people thought it was that simply because of candy. And now we know that it's The Thing. As far as I'm concerned, TrT is wishful thinking, not speculation.

No Child's Play remake? Oh well, I'm hoping they continue the series if anything. I don't think a remake is needed since the franchise needs to be redeemed after Seed of Chucky...

Well Murdy has just said that this year's Terror Tram will feature a theme that's "never been done before". That makes me very happy that we'll have some originality this year. :)

As for the whole thing about Trick r Treat, at first I though that its chances of coming are slim n' none, but maybe Soap Opera = Trick r Treat? Well there was the "Anarchy in the UK" hint so IDK. Soap is probably Wolfman or Army of Darkness.

"Never been done before" can mean a lot of things, not necessarily that it's original though (although, I think it's original too). Technically, a Twilight Tram has never been done before... lmao

Hopefully it means a new route. I love the old route but I'm curious to see where else it could go.

Just a quick message here guys. Since this is the 2011 Spec. thread, any further posts regarding speculating on next year will be deleted as we want to wait until the end of this year to speculate for 2012. lol so keep that in mind guys.

Also, Murdy has openly denied movies that would be obvious to not go well for HHN. He has denied things like Fright Night, My Soul to Take, F13, NoES, and other films that are fairly obvious to not come this year. To resonate on what Grindhouse said, He has yet to deny any possible properties like TCM (Though we know that's not coming this year), TrT, Wolfman, AoD, Evil Dead, etc.

Anybody want to take guesses on what the Terror Tram theme could be? Maybe it'll be based off Freakz since Murdy has always wanted to do a maze based off of it. Another possibility is having a Freddy Kruger Terror Tram. Wouldn't that be sick? It's gotta be good since someone on the FB page just suggested it. :rolleyes:

Also, welcome to the site htornado! :)

Wow! I'm amazed at all the speculation over TrT. Personally, I've never thought the film had the following to warrant a house. Just doesn't make sense in any way to me. A La Llorona house is more likely than TrT (and I don't think that's happening any time soon)

Back to about 50 posts ago....

Someone mentioned the rumor of a related house/scarezone. I know Murdy shot down the idea of populating the JP attraction with actors, but....

How about an Evil Dead house in the JP queue with a slightly tweaked ending...where Ash ends up going a little farther back in time than in the movies...and juicing up the JP ride to place Ash in it, battling undead dinos?

That would satisfy the many people who want to see some original content this year. :D

Just a quick message here guys. Since this is the 2011 Spec. thread, any further posts regarding speculating on next year will be deleted as we want to wait until the end of this year to speculate for 2012. lol so keep that in mind guys.

Also, Murdy has openly denied movies that would be obvious to not go well for HHN. He has denied things like Fright Night, My Soul to Take, F13, NoES, and other films that are fairly obvious to not come this year. To resonate on what Grindhouse said, He has yet to deny any possible properties like TCM (Though we know that's not coming this year), TrT, Wolfman, AoD, Evil Dead, etc.

Anybody want to take guesses on what the Terror Tram theme could be? Maybe it'll be based off Freakz since Murdy has always wanted to do a maze based off of it. Another possibility is having a Freddy Kruger Terror Tram. Wouldn't that be sick? It's gotta be good since someone on the FB page just suggested it. :rolleyes:

wel than a freddy krueger tram technically wouldnt be somethings thats never been done before. Anywho once again if TrT wasnt coming this year Murdy would of openly denied it. There would be no reason for him to re word it instead of saying flat out no like he does with other movie properties. TrT chances might be slim but it does have a chance none the less. This is a speculation thread and like grindhouse said it hasnt been denied yet so why cant we continue to speculate on it ? TrT is something new to bring to the event. in the past all we have mostly was slasher films. Not saying they were bad but its time for something newer. Which is why im not to excited for Scream this year because its just gonna be another slasher film. The only other places Scream could work possibly is the shrek venue or JP venue. Whether TrT only gets its own maze,SZ or even the TT i think any of the three our possible and able to work.Im actually more excited to get TrT rather than Scream. TrT might not have a track record but as MURDY SAID Scream is missing enviroments so that might lower its chances as well. And a freakz TT? hmmmmm that would be cool and able to squeesh some originality in the event. Well if La LLorona had a chance in coming to the event last year why cant TrT ?? I didnt know anything about la llorona til last year. Its mostly appealing to the hispanic crowd but other than that no one really knew about her last year. Also welcome to the forums htornado :)

Thanks a bunch for the welcome Freakazoid!

IF Scream is going in, and I think it's a big if, I think the one way it would work would be a Silver Screams situation. Silver Screams was a house at HHNO and it was the house of the main icon, The Usher. In it, he took you into the scenes of his favorite horror flicks, including Shun of the Dead and the Thing. The only way I could see a Scream maze is if Ghostface took you through scenes of his favorite slasher movies, with Casey's house from the first Scream being the finale.

wel than a freddy krueger tram technically wouldnt be somethings thats never been done before. Anywho once again if TrT wasnt coming this year Murdy would of openly denied it. There would be no reason for him to re word it instead of saying flat out no like he does with other movie properties. TrT chances might be slim but it does have a chance none the less. This is a speculation thread and like grindhouse said it hasnt been denied yet so why cant we continue to speculate on it ? TrT is something new to bring to the event. in the past all we have mostly was slasher films. Not saying they were bad but its time for something newer. Which is why im not to excited for Scream this year because its just gonna be another slasher film. The only other places Scream could work possibly is the shrek venue or JP venue. Whether TrT only gets its own maze,SZ or even the TT i think any of the three our possible and able to work.Im actually more excited to get TrT rather than Scream. TrT might not have a track record but as MURDY SAID Scream is missing enviroments so that might lower its chances as well. And a freakz TT? hmmmmm that would be cool and able to squeesh some originality in the event. Well if La LLorona had a chance in coming to the event last year why cant TrT ?? I didnt know anything about la llorona til last year. Its mostly appealing to the hispanic crowd but other than that no one really knew about her last year. Also welcome to the forums htornado :)

Thanks a ton for the welcome HorrorNights93!

IF Scream is going in, and I think it's a big if, I think the one way it would work would be a Silver Screams situation. Silver Screams was a house at HHNO and it was the house of the main icon, The Usher. In it, he took you into the scenes of his favorite horror flicks, including Shun of the Dead and the Thing. The only way I could see a Scream maze is if Ghostface took you through scenes of his favorite slasher movies, with Casey's house from the first Scream being the finale.

That would actually be a good idea that I would go for. What a great way of introducing original content.

Hey I just want to clear something up, when you guys say "original content" are you referring to non-repeat mazes that haven't been seen, or original content like Vampyr and the stuff they make up off the top of their heads. I know at HHNO original content means like made from scratch, no basis on films. Just want to get my lingo straight.

I really feel like what I say doesn't register a lot of the time even though I feel like I'm laying it out in the most effective way possible lmfao

Bold 1: I already explained why he can't deny it. It's on the short list. Denying everything would make what's coming obvious. Hellraiser wasn't on the short list. Fright Night wasn't on the short list. Not many people are requesting these mazes, that's why they didn't end up on the short list. You can't openly deny what's on the short list. That's reason enough and I explained why in an earlier thread. And once again, I never told anyone to not speculate on it, I'm just saying it would be BETTER to speculate on other things that have a better chance so we can figure out the other mazes. Talk about a lost cause all you want but you won't be closer to cracking these codes. I don't care lmao

Bold 2: It's totally illogical for TrT to have just a scarezone or be just the TT. We already went over this. It's an easy concept to understand. Unless Murdy changes what he stood for before and unless they wanna waste money, then it's not gonna happen. I don't know why anyone would want just a small little scarezone that can't represent the movie anyway. Terror Tram would be cool though. But it ain't gonna happen. That's just logic talking.

Bold 3: La Llorona is Mexico's BIGGEST urban legend. Think of it as our Bloody Mary. Who makes up the biggest population in Los Angeles? Hispanics, specifically Mexican-Americans. They fear that more than any movie villain, I assure you. I honestly don't know why it scares them so much but it truly does. Majority of my friends are Mexican and they talk about La Llorona like she's the scariest thing to ever walk the Earth. It's kinda baffling but then again, a bunch of people are scared of Bloody Mary here. Personally, both do nothing for me, but oh well. So her status amongst the biggest population of LA is reason enough for her to have been an icon. That's GENERATIONS of people who know of her, which outdoes TrT by like 300%. I hope that clears some things up for you.

Edited by DTH316