HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

i finally found the evidence i was looking for when murdy said TrT and Evil Dead were on the short list !( Only these two properties made it that far) and Freakazoids the one who posted it on December 31 2010 11:30 PM : [Murdy just stated on his Twitter that Trick r Treat and Evil Dead are on his "short list" for properties.]

[followed by grindhouse post : A short list or shortlist is a list of candidates for a job, prize, award, political position, etc., that has been reduced from a longer list of candidates (sometimes via intermediate lists known as "long lists"). The length of short lists varies according to the context.

so in lameman's term TrT and Evil Dead are ahead in the polls and have beat out the rest into the next round. ]

well there all on the first page we can go see ourselves.

Edited by HorrorNights93

on the first freak posted this.. is this the properties from the survey?

Themes from Universal

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

House of 1000 Corpses -featured in ’00 and ’10

Dawn of the Dead

Universal Studios Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.)

The Wolfman (2010 remake)

Themes from Lionsgate

Hostel

My Bloody Valentine -featured in ’09

The Descent

Saw -featured in ’09 & ’10

Themes from New Line Cinema

Freddy Vs. Jason

Friday the 13th -featured in ’07, ’08, ’10

Scream *2011

A Nightmare on Elm Street -featured in ’07, ’08, ’10

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre -featured in ’07, ’08

Themes from Other Studios

Poltergeist

The Crazies

Stephen King Films (IT, The Shining, etc.)

Paranormal Activity *2011

The Hills Have Eyes

28 Days Later

From Dusk Till Dawn

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil

Halloween (Michael Myers) - Character copyright owned by Malek Akkad and featured in ’09

The Exorcist

Trick ‘r Treat

Zombieland

Silent Hill

Jeepers Creepers

Hellraiser -Clive Barker themes featured ’98 – ’00

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Hatchet

Video-game based mazes are officially OUT for this year.

@HorrorNights do you think it's possible we could be getting a video-game based maze this year since they were on the survey?

@AppleAreGood Honestly, no. Tested a few and they didn't do well with our fan base.

Sorry guys. No Bioshock, Resident Evil, or Silent Hill maze this year.

Courtesy of Scarezone.com, here's the list that we have so far tracked from the survey:

I already crossed out the properties that we already know won't happen.

Themes from Universal

• Evil Dead/Army of Darkness
  • House of 1000 Corpses -featured in ’00 and ’10
  • Dawn of the Dead
  • Universal Studios Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.)
  • The Wolfman (2010 remake)
Themes from Lionsgate

• Hostel
  • My Bloody Valentine -featured in ’09
  • The Descent
  • Saw -featured in ’09 & ’10

Themes from New Line Cinema

• Freddy Vs. Jason
  • Friday the 13th -featured in ’07, ’08, ’10
  • Scream *2011
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street -featured in ’07, ’08, ’10
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre -featured in ’07, ’08

Themes from Other Studios

• Poltergeist
  • The Crazies
  • Stephen King Films (IT, The Shining, etc.)
  • Paranormal Activity *2011
  • The Hills Have Eyes
  • 28 Days Later
  • From Dusk Till Dawn
  • The Walking Dead
  • Resident Evil
  • Halloween (Michael Myers) - Character copyright owned by Malek Akkad and featured in ’09
  • The Exorcist
  • Trick ‘r Treat
  • Zombieland
  • Silent Hill
  • Jeepers Creepers
  • Hellraiser -Clive Barker themes featured ’98 – ’00
  • Killer Klowns From Outer Space
  • Hatchet

Themes from TV Shows

• True Blood
  • Dexter
Themes from Video Games

• Left 4 Dead
  • Biohazard

once again freakazoid comes through. i found this survey list from the one WE derived from....from the survey.

DAMMIT evilclown beat me to it lol well at least i have the list of the crossed out ones we got rid of

Edited by HorrorNights93

to edit that list a little heres what we have left that could be a possibility

Dawn of the Dead

Universal Studios Classic Monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.)

Hostel

The Descent

Scream *2011

Poltergeist

The Crazies

Stephen King Films (IT, The Shining, etc.)

The Hills Have Eyes

28 Days Later

From Dusk Till Dawn

The Walking Dead

Resident Evil

Trick ‘r Treat

Zombieland

Silent Hill

Jeepers Creepers

Hellraiser -Clive Barker themes featured ’98 – ’00

Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Hatchet

does anyone wanna speculate whats left on the list that wont be this year?

Edited by djevilclown

im thinking this is what we have left...

Dawn of the Dead

Hostel

Scream *2011

28 Days Later

The Walking Dead

Trick ‘r Treat

Zombieland

Jeepers Creepers

im thinking this is what we have left...

Dawn of the Dead

Hostel

Scream *2011

28 Days Later

The Walking Dead

Trick ‘r Treat

Zombieland

Jeepers Creepers

paranormal activity seems unlikely to me. It doesnt have a main villian and the enviroments are going to have to all take place in the house it woulld become kind of BORING! and if they were going to do a maze similiar to that i would rather them use the movie Insidous. Also Zombieland i could see way sicker as a SZ. Similar to shaun of the dead while utilizing the characters i dont see how you could do that in a maze. However i have a somewhat gut feeling we might get the zombie maze murdys been wanting to do..Dawn of the Dead ?? possibly the walking dead? None of these would have a main villian though but a zombie maze would kick ass depending on how they go about doing it. Also which codenames could they match up to?? The only ones on this list that seem likely to me is HOTC, Scream, Trt and hostel. Jeepers Creepers i would LOVE but it doesnt seem likely

Here's what I could see being left as possible.

Evil Dead

Hostel

walking Dead

Zombieland

TrT

Scream

Somehow I have a feeling at least one of our mazes is NOT coming from that list. For, how I would love a Poltergeist maze! I think Zombieland would work well. It would be the "humor" maze, but it could be a ton of fun. I can see rule being featured in every room. And possibly a ghostbuster/BM room?

paranormal activity seems unlikely to me. It doesnt have a main villian and the enviroments are going to have to all take place in the house it woulld become kind of BORING! and if they were going to do a maze similiar to that i would rather them use the movie Insidous. Also Zombieland i could see way sicker as a SZ. Similar to shaun of the dead while utilizing the characters i dont see how you could do that in a maze. However i have a somewhat gut feeling we might get the zombie maze murdys been wanting to do..Dawn of the Dead ?? possibly the walking dead? None of these would have a main villian though but a zombie maze would kick ass depending on how they go about doing it. Also which codenames could they match up to?? The only ones on this list that seem likely to me is HOTC, Scream, Trt and hostel. Jeepers Creepers i would LOVE but it doesnt seem likely

now lets cut out what we have speculated most on from the shortened version

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (Top Speculated)

House of 1000 Corpses -featured in ’00 and ’10 (we already know too much)

Dawn of the Dead (Zombies Zombies and more Zombies, SZ usage is a likely but not a must)

The Wolfman (2010 remake) (even if its the most speculated since last year, it wont agree with the GP)

Hostel (Eli Roth judging, codes that have yet to be revealed, blah blah blah)

Scream *2011 (Actually count this as all Movies, Speculation has been Stabbed quite a few times)

Paranormal Activity *2011 (Doesnt have a chance, there wont be "paranormal" mazes for quite some time)

28 Days Later ( possibly seeing as a scarezone, even for the movie being "dated")

The Walking Dead ( highly see this as NY streets due to personal opinion )

Trick ‘r Treat ( speculated as Maze, TT or Scarezone, least likely to happen this year)

Zombieland ( see DotD for reference, could see as a SZ)

Jeepers Creepers ( I dont even know HOW this got thrown in the mix, alot of people liked the first 2 but i dont see it carrying out in this event)

also on another note, I know I'm not a Mod so it shouldnt really pertain to me

but to all users PLEASE stop with the Multiple post after post after post

stick to having one Lengthy post as it is filling up our speculation pages

also do not just have 2 to 3 worded posts, please if you are willing to post

keep em long and healthy :) thanks

Edited by StevenForTmrw

this is my hope for this year id be a happy camper....

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (Steven)

House of 1000 Corpses -featured in ’00 and ’10 (Bunny Gibbons)

Hostel (3DN)

Scream (Soap Opera)

The Walking Dead (SZ)

Trick ‘r Treat (Trivia)

Zombieland (SZ)

The Thing (GV Black)

also on another note, I know I'm not a Mod so it shouldnt really pertain to me

but to all users PLEASE stop with the Multiple post after post after post

stick to having one Lengthy post as it is filling up our speculation pages

also do not just have 2 to 3 worded posts, please if you are willing to post

keep em long and healthy :) thanks

So if we have something to say, make sure we make it extra long to make sure we save space? Or if we have info make sure we make an extra long commentary or don't share it at all until we have even more info so we can make the post extra long?

Edited by jymmymack

this is my hope for this year id be a happy camper....

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (Steven)

House of 1000 Corpses -featured in 00 and 10 (Bunny Gibbons)

Hostel (3DN)

Scream (Soap Opera)

The Walking Dead (SZ)

Trick r Treat (Trivia)

Zombieland (SZ)

The Thing (GV Black)

Hmm I dont know if we'd have a zombieland SZ and a walking dead SZ. 2 zombie scarezones seem like to much to me but I could be wrong...

So if we have something to say, make sure we make it extra long to make sure we save space? Or if we have info make sure we make an extra long commentary or don't share it at all until we have even more info so we can make the post extra long?

What he means is that dont post something and then post something else right after it, just edit your posts to make it more lengthy instead of just racking up the amount of posts in this thread and if you actually have something good to say, say it whether it's lengthy or not but dont just come on here and say something like "I agree." or "that sounds good." at least this is what I got from Steven's post.

Edited by LeeRay

Hmm I dont know if we'd have a zombieland SZ and a walking dead SZ. 2 zombie scarezones seem like to much to me but I could be wrong...

Ill have to agree with this!! i dont think murdy would ever have two zombie SZ but as of one sounds more reasonable. Either SZ would be cool to me although i rather prefer a zombieland SZ

as in

if people post to say " man i hope we get _______ this year" end post

it causes build up on the forums

im just trying to help building our threads on Speculation and not just " oh yea that seems cool" or " i hope _____ isnt a repeat"

as long as we stick to the topics, make sure our posts arent like the ones deplicted above

then all shall go well :)

anyway back to speculation

@djevilclown

if this was to be our line up

i think you might wanna change up Steven and Soap Opera

something like this

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness (Soap)

House of 1000 Corpses -featured in ’00 and ’10 (Bunny Gibbons)

Hostel (3DN)

Scream (Steven)

Trick ‘r Treat (Trivia)

The Thing (GV Black)

as for the SZ's

The Walking Dead (SZ)

Zombieland (SZ)

we will not be seeing 2 zombie scarezones I can assure you that

i'd say choose one over the other

Ill have to agree with this!! i dont think murdy would ever have two zombie SZ but as of one sounds more reasonable. Either SZ would be cool to me although i rather prefer a zombieland SZ

If we were to get either of these 2 SZ's I would think it would be zombieland, since Im pretty sure zombieland has more of a following since majority of the GP has seen it since it's mainly a comedy and the walking dead was just a zombie show so to have really been interested in it you would have had to been interested in zombies whereas with zombieland, it was a comedy movie about zombies with jessie eisenberg and woody harrelson so ALOT of people have seen it. Plus there is quite a few rememberable zombies from zombieland such as the clown zombie, Bill Murray dressed up as a zombie, etc.

What he's saying is just don't make really brief posts like, "Can't wait for the PR" or "I think we're going to see Scream this year"; that sort of thing. Also, like Steven said, we would all prefer that you all make your post a lengthy one instead of just making multiple posts. That would be greatly appreciated. :)

Anyway, I predict that we will see a zombie scarezone since Murdy has done a marathon of Walking Dead back in November. Just my guess.

What he's saying is just don't make really brief posts like, "Can't wait for the PR" or "I think we're going to see Scream this year"; that sort of thing. Also, like Steven said, we would all prefer that you all make your post a lengthy one instead of just making multiple posts. That would be greatly appreciated. :)

Anyway, I predict that we will see a zombie scarezone since Murdy has done a marathon of Walking Dead back in November. Just my guess.

thanks freak! :D and yes yes its just so that way the forums aren't so spread out on speculation

and it saves the whole clean up process :)

as for the Zombie scarezone, every year we have at least 1 zombie themed attraction [Maze TTspot or SZ]

06' Dawn of the Dead scarezone

07' Zombie Invasion scarezone and Terror Tram: Horror Comes Home (zombies within TT)

08' The Dead Shall Rise scarezone and Terror Tram: The Nightmare Tour (Psycho and WotW)

09' Shaun of the Dead scarzone and Terror Tram: Live or Die ("" "")

10' only year that DID NOT have a Zombie scarezone but had Zombies on Terror Tram: Chucky's Revenge

every year prior 09 and 10 had a Zombie outbreak within the NY Streets

Im not gonna say zombies WONT be back this year

but are defiantly gonna be apart of the event whether is TT or SZ

I think it's time they're gonna up the ante and make a zombie maze. It's time... it's just time haha

Virus Z at Knotts was incredible. There has to be a way to out do it (since that's up Universal's alley with La Llorona [Dia De Los Muertos], The Thing [Fallout Shelter] and Saw [sinister Pointe] afterall)

You know, three continents and four countries says a lot to me.

I'm looking at it like this. We already know TWO of the continents: US and Antarctica. Horror movies, or the popular ones to be picked don't take place much else other than Europe. Mystery solved.

BUT with 6 mazes, does HoH technically count as using one of the continents? Let's just say it does. You kinda can't just count it out by default and I'm sure Murdy doesn't either.

HOTC (US)

The Thing (Antarctica)

So this leaves Europe, si?

AOD

Wolfman

&... wait for it...

Shaun of the Dead.

I don't know why but it just occurred to me that this takes place in England and Murdy once said he'd love to do a full blown maze on it PLUS it would help with the zombie case at hand here. Another great thing, it has environments that could actually be recreated in a maze UNLIKE 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Zombieland and The Walking Dead.

So where in England exactly does Shaun of the Dead take place? The United Kingdom. The ENTIRE film was made there. ("Anarchy in the UK???")

You know what else? It also contains a scene in the basement, at the pub, WHILE THERE IS MUSIC PLAYING.

And aren't zombies rotting corpses after all?

The zombies also need a specific look to them, don't they? Wasn't that the criteria he made if he were ever to do a zombie maze?

Well as the SZ showed, there's plenty of recognizable zombies to use.

I looked up O'Dowd and Beer. Apparently there is a pub in Ireland called O'Dowd. Could the fact there's a pub in this movie and one in Ireland where Murdy recently visited be connected?

Now there's no tombs or forests...

Or anything on the French Revolution..

NOW the only thing steering me away from this is... it's a Universal property. And a horror-comedy (but you know, Murdy did say there'd be all types of horror this year).

Another fun tidbit?

Shaun of the Dead was featured in Scream 4.

Just something for us to ponder on...

Personally, I kinda doubt it but the speculation DOES point to it and for that matter, it can't be avoided.

But you know what... since it IS a Universal property, they can take a few liberties to it. Maybe a tomb, forest scene were added in? Perhaps Shaun of the Dead with a French Revolution inspired twist? Perhaps that'll be the small slice of originality this year - - taking something they own and tweeking it to fit a maze better. I surely think Shaun of the Dead is a good candidate for that.

Edited by DTH316

i know its old news but had to get it out there

HorrorNights: Look for another big HHN maze announcement next week...and hopefully another winner of the code name contest.

with that being said and knowing the HOTC return was released on BD

most likely this will be the same PR or could be a Brand new maze

im predicting a Tuesday release once again

Edited by StevenForTmrw

i know its old news but had to get it out there

HorrorNights: Look for another big HHN maze announcement next week...and hopefully another winner of the code name contest.

with that being said and knowing the HOTC return was released on BD

most likely this will be the same PR or could be a Brand new maze

im predicting a Tuesday release once again

Yay another PR :D im hoping they save HOTC for the last PR IF it is returning. i wanna know what new stuff we got first and than they can hit us with the repeat. Also im predicting a Walking Dead SZ only cause the fact murdy was looking into it last year....so heres my list updated....

The Thing WWW venue (GV BLACK)

Trick or Treat JP Venue (Trivia)

Scream Shrek Venue (Soap Opera)

Hostel Mummy venue (3DN)

HOTC T2 venue (bunny gibsons) with new scenes

Hoh overlay =???? one part of me is saying wolfman..another is saying a zombie themed maze...which could work. im still confused for our 6th maze here... this will probably be the film nobody thought of that pops up.

Now that i think of it a zombie maze would work here. The infected have tooken over the HoH and the notorious characters( chucky,frankenstein,psycho etc.) have gotten infected. something like that might work. Also sorry about the multiple post it wont happen again :D

Edited by HorrorNights93

this movie may be dated but still creeps the SHIT out of me

Soap Opera ( Opera usually takes place upon a what, a Stage)

Movie with a Basement Scene

Movie with Graveyard and Rotting Corpses

Partial Forrest Setting

also from the creators of.....what was it.....oh yes..

SAW >.<

although Raven's Fair wasnt given a US state name

so TECHINCALLY it has no country

Edited by StevenForTmrw

this movie may be dated but still creeps the SHIT out of me

Soap Opera ( Opera usually takes place upon a what, a Stage)

Movie with a Basement Scene

Movie with Graveyard and Rotting Corpses

Partial Forrest Setting

also from the creators of.....what was it.....oh yes..

SAW >.<

Murdy was asked recently about this and he said "great Movie but not enough recgonition" ........So basicly its a no

I have been trying to look at the other continents for horror movies. We already know one with The Thing, and we know some combo of HOTC, TrT, Scream will be there. That should take care of the North American properties. Only movie I can find for Australia is Wolf Creek and that does not seem to fit with any of the clues we have thus far. Since everything is supposed to be based off a movie and have a large fan base I think we can elimiate South America and Africa. That leaves Asia and Europe as the only other places I could see having potential for a maze. Any thoughts on things we have not discussed that could fit. I know Hostle seems to be the big guess for Europe along with The Wolfman. Anything besides those two fit for any of our clues?

Well i asked Murdy one of two things.

@HorrorNights Does Scream have any chances for this year ? he said "What's the Vegas line? There must be odds on this" this actually confused me im not sure exactly what this is suppose to mean.

Wow! I've posed this three times now, and no one is catching on. Why is Murdy tweeting responses that mention "Vegas" and "odds" and "you will be pleased with our Choice"? <purposely capitalized>, etc.

I'll say it again - look for HHN Hollywood to use the same gambling-related theme that Orlando is using. I think Murdy has been feeding us hints that are becoming clearer. You said it yourself - "What was that response supposed to mean?"

I'm telling you, this is looking like a sure thing, and I'd bet $$ on it. If this was a game of Clue, I'd be making my accusation right now: Mr. Murdy, in Universal Hollywood, with the deck of Cards. :)

I'm not a walking repository of all the info we've gotten so far, but wasn't it said that there would be no movie-character as an Icon? Come on! It can't get much clearer.

We know they already have one house in common - why not the overall theme as well? It's not like they haven't done this before, and they were in fact met with a positive response and some free cross-advertising. The question we should be asking each other now is how he plans to tie in movies to luck, chance, fate or gambling. I think we might see some "spin the wheel" ad with all the movies on it, and we (the customer) are to choose our fate.

Edited by zombieman

Wow! I've posed this three times now, and no one is catching on. Why is Murdy tweeting responses that mention "Vegas" and "odds" and "you will be pleased with our Choice"? <purposely capitalized>, etc.

I'll say it again - look for HHN Hollywood to use the same gambling-related theme that Orlando is using. I think Murdy has been feeding us hints that are becoming clearer. You said it yourself - "What was that response supposed to mean?"

I'm telling you, this is looking like a sure thing, and I'd bet $$ on it. If this was a game of Clue, I'd be making my accusation right now: Mr. Murdy, in Universal Hollywood, with the deck of Cards. :)

I'm not a walking repository of all the info we've gotten so far, but wasn't it said that there would be no movie-character as an Icon? Come on! It can't get much clearer.

We know they already have one house in common - why not the overall theme as well? It's not like they haven't done this before, and they were in fact met with a positive response and some free cross-advertising. The question we should be asking each other now is how he plans to tie in movies to luck, chance, fate or gambling. I think we might see some "spin the wheel" ad with all the movies on it, and we (the customer) are to choose our fate.

Now the overall connection to the theme and icon i can buy but i dont think well be getting the same exact mazes. You might be on to something zombieman the answer could be staring us right in the face the whole time :o But in the past we have had the same theme and something similiar to there park so this is a HUGE possibility

Edited by HorrorNights93

Now the overall connection to the theme and icon i can buy but i dont think well be getting the same exact mazes. You might be on to something zombieman the answer could be staring us right in the face the whole time :o But in the past we have had the same theme and something similiar to there park so this is a HUGE possibility

I didn't mean to imply that we'd be getting any more common houses. I think Thing would be the only one, although Orlando's A&D knows how much their fans woudl like to see HOTC over there. I just don't see another year of movie based houses at Orlando for some time.