HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Bloody-disgusting.com just confirmed HOTC 3d will be returning!

That sounds legit. Didn't they also pick up on F13 last year in July or something? Also, I wonder why some of us sound surprised over this. Judging by the construction photos taken recently, wasn't it obvious that it was coming back in the first place?

Pretty bumbed about HoTC's return, but it was inevitable since they needed to save some $$ for the sixth maze...and The Thing. I only went through it once last year so it won't be too bad for me. At least I'll get some scares that I missed out on the last time I went through.

Also, welcome to the site Kush3DOutZOMB13. :)

It's with The Thing announcement.

How they have confirmed it's coming back is beyond me. Murdy hasn't said anything yet so we'll see (I'm like, 85% sure at the moment it is coming back anyway).

If The Thing is successful, I can almost guarantee it'll be back for 2012.

The winners haven't got a DM yet saying what they won so maybe once they get the DM, they'll go off bragging about it.

Anywho, site got a miniscule update. The Thing has been announced but there's nothing to click on for it.

I was pretty sure The Thing was coming. I even tweeted Murdy a few weeks ago asking how Antarctica was this time of year. A few things: this is not UO's 2007 maze. That maze was set in Florida (the Thing had escaped to Florida when they brought back Macready), and Murdy has already stated that this maze will be COLD and in Antarctica. Also, the clue of Blue Cross referred to the blue cross on the Norwegian flag. The film (prequel) and this maze takes place on the Norwegian research base in Antarctica. Also, I wouldn't doubt the Thing's return in the future. It was one of the best reviewed mazes of all-time in Florida and will now be making its third return there. The puppets/robotics and sets are supposed to be extremely detailed and complex. They will get their money's worth out of this maze.

And this is my speculation on the code "silver fillings." The Thing can only replicate organic tissue and I am pretty sure that a plot point in the new film will revolve around checking the occupants of the base for fillings. No fillings=possible assimilation.

Edited by jymmymack

i am becoming very IRRITATED at the idiots on the fb page. The fact that anyone is asking for remake mazes bewilders me the most like seriously?!?!? but i did come across something intresting.People have said they seen some type of car prop or whatever on the tram and believe its related to jeepers creepers. Now this is something i can look forward to. Its not 100% confirmed but we should keep this in mind. I also seen the confirmation of HOTC on BD too! It came to no surprise now we had enough evidence to have excepeted it by now. As long as 5 out of the 6 mazes are truly all NEW than hey ill go for it. this year might be our best by yet :) Also welcome to the forums Kush3DOutZOMB13 great to have you here with us :D

Edited by HorrorNights93

And this is my speculation on the code "silver fillings." The Thing can only replicate organic tissue and I am pretty sure that a plot point in the new film will revolve around checking the occupants of the base for fillings. No fillings=possible assimilation.

hmmmmmmm and they did say the person with Silver Filling is not the title Character (not The Thing) so its sounds about right good work there.

on a I gotta do my job note please keep all disscusion on the Thing maze itself in the Thread "The Thing Assimulation: Speculation" for here on out me or Freak will be deleting posts. Thank you :)

It would truly be awesome if the Creeper was let loose on the backlot.

One can only dream.

While I agree, we already know HOTC will be featured and there still need to be at least 2 more continents and 3 more non-US countries, so the chances are slim.

Good to have you back leo! And basically theres hhn construction updates on youtube that showed the same exact layout as last years maze,tapes labeled by room where each scare would be such as Dr.Satans liar and the same facade. Stuff like this is enough for us to confirm its return.

Leoo... forget your password or something? lol glad to have you back!

But as HorrorNights93 said.

Same layout, same painted boards. Bloody-disgusting "confirmed" it was coming back as well.

The only "misleading" things at this moment are there are tape written on some of the boards such as "dirty path," "Victor's office." Or something like that, I don't remember. Stuff that basically wasn't in HOTC last year. It's leading some to believe it's getting a Devil's Rejects update (some are very oppose to the plausibility of that idea).

Also, Murdy claims to have been talking to Rob about something "very cool" and we don't think it'd just be about repeating a maze.

So we shall see in time. In other news, hear about The Thing? Your thoughts?

I know it's a lot to recap from all those pages but basic speculation at this point so far is...

The Thing (which we got right)

HOTC returning (which we're almost sure we got right)

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

Scream

TrT (there's sadly a bunch of hopefuls left but I'm convinced it's not it's time yet...)

Wolfman

And Hostel (which we think because Eli Roth is a judge for the movies this year and because of a codename)

There were codenames that Murdy released to give us hints as to what the mazes were. Our speculation is mostly gathered upon those.

We also know the TT icon won't have a maze.

There's loads of junk to be filled in on.

Anyone wanna help me out here? lol

ummm lets see were getting six mazes,all will be movie based houses,were starting on september 23rd this year again :D,the towers from Klownz are used to supprot the facade for the maze on the lower lot, the Thing will be in the WWW venue, DTH basically got all the important facts lol and anything else we missed out on will probably be brung up again eventually. Oh and some people believe jeepers creepers will be let lose on the backlot this year but we dont have enough info yet to confirm that...all will be revealed in good time

Also remember when murdyy said one maze will have its on SZ. I got this from someone on the thiong thread and did not realize that. Based on DTH316's list the only maze/scarezone combo that makes sense to me is TRT. I can't see just a Ghostface maze or a Wolf man scare zone... I mean... I know Pigz were all one character... but I doubt he's going that route with a "icon" character... although it could make sense with scream since there are like a billion ghostfaces. I suppose it could be The Thing... but based on it's location that is usually a MAJOR scare zone... for example Klownz and La Lorena were the major scare zones,... but La Lorena was VERY small so I can't see the thing going in there. I also don't see the Thing going into where Klownz was... because thats usually the big scarezone with stiltwalkers or a "ring master" of sorts... so I can't see it there. I will also predict the maze base scarezone will be based on the maze in the building in the lower lot or the JP que... similar to Pigz with saw. Evil Dead could potentially have a scare zone... but even that I think is a bit of a stretch because I feel like most people feel like it was a zombie scarezone and not realize the characters were possessed. This reason leads me to believe that TRT will be the maze with a scarezone. It has a variety of characters and a cool ambiance and it works well for both a maze and a scarezone and for some reason I see it in JP que. I feel like Scream would have been announced first... it just makes sense to me cause that would be the "icon" and it feels instead like the thing is the big property, so I am beginning to very much doubt Scream... I just don't see it.

^Remember that last year the "Hyped-up" maze was announced first (HoTC), then the main icon maze a few weeks later (NoES). It sounds ike they're going to do the same sort of thing here. I'm sure Scream will be the next announcement, that is, if it is coming.

If Ghostface were to be the main icon (Which I would see as the most-likely possibility), I could just see several Ghostfaces running around for the Stab premier or something, but honestly I think that would be a fairly weak scarezone - at least it would sound weak on paper.

Another possibility for a Scream scarezone could be a "What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?" kind of scarezone in the lower lot (Assuming Scream is going in the JP venue) where some of your favorite horror icons, unleashed from Ghostface's obsession of horror movies, come to life and are after you. You could have Ash and some Deadites from ED/AoD, Wolfman, Dr. Satan and the Firefly clan, Chucky, and of course, Ghostface himself. There could even be a couple of the Russian dudes with chainsaws from Hostel "guarding" the entrance to the Hostel maze in the Mummy venue (If our spec. is right about Hostel) and roaming about. I could see this as the most likely possibility for an "icon scarezone" if Ghostface is the icon. It would help tie-in both Hostel and Scream on the lower lot.

Now here's a possibility that I think could be the least likely since the GP isn't that familiar with Ash. An Army of Darkness scarezone if Ash is the main icon. It would make more sense, but again, if the general public think The Thing is some stupid alien movie in Alaska, I really don't think they're going to figure out who Ash is or what movie he is in; especially considering the fact that Ash is a hero and not a villain. "Who's Ash? Why does he have a chainsaw for a hand? Why is the Terminator's brother having his own scarezone fighting goblins?"

Not to sound harsh, but face it guys. Trick r Treat is NOT coming this year. Had it not been for HoTC, it probably would have had a chance, but now I just don't see it happening judging by the hints/clues.

^ I'm glad someone else is realizing TrT ain't happening this year.

Also, after the announcement of The Thing, I don't think Wolfman has a fighting chance either. That'd be two Universal properties being used. If it weren't for the clues that sound ALOT like it, I'd say it has no chance in hell but right now, I'm saying it's chances are 50/50. Also note, The Wolfman WAS mentioned in the Variety article. So idk... idk...

Also remember when murdyy said one maze will have its on SZ. I got this from someone on the thiong thread and did not realize that. Based on DTH316's list the only maze/scarezone combo that makes sense to me is TRT. I can't see just a Ghostface maze or a Wolf man scare zone... I mean... I know Pigz were all one character... but I doubt he's going that route with a "icon" character... although it could make sense with scream since there are like a billion ghostfaces. I suppose it could be The Thing... but based on it's location that is usually a MAJOR scare zone... for example Klownz and La Lorena were the major scare zones,... but La Lorena was VERY small so I can't see the thing going in there. I also don't see the Thing going into where Klownz was... because thats usually the big scarezone with stiltwalkers or a "ring master" of sorts... so I can't see it there. I will also predict the maze base scarezone will be based on the maze in the building in the lower lot or the JP que... similar to Pigz with saw. Evil Dead could potentially have a scare zone... but even that I think is a bit of a stretch because I feel like most people feel like it was a zombie scarezone and not realize the characters were possessed. This reason leads me to believe that TRT will be the maze with a scarezone. It has a variety of characters and a cool ambiance and it works well for both a maze and a scarezone and for some reason I see it in JP que. I feel like Scream would have been announced first... it just makes sense to me cause that would be the "icon" and it feels instead like the thing is the big property, so I am beginning to very much doubt Scream... I just don't see it.

i for one agree with you. I wouldnt knock out trick or treat chances yet. I mentioned a while back TrT would fit for a maze/SZ combination.But i imagined a TrT SZ in New York Street and TrT in the WWW venue. Now that we know the Thing is occupying that space it wouldnt match up. The only other place it would work is the lower lot SZ going into the mummy venue which i already predicted for Hostel so thatt wouldnt make sense or The SZ closest to the T2 venue which i think will be HOTC so that wouldnt work either. Even if it doesnt get a maze or SZ i could see it being used for the TT theme this year. Idk i just have a gut feeling TrT will be involved in the event someway this year and a 25% chance HOTC wont be returning. Maybe it will be another rob zombie maze i mean him and murdy were discussing something" really cool "they could do and the new tapes on the ground showed scenes not used in last years maze. As far as a Ghostface or wolfman SZ they both sound they would be weak SZ. I'd only stick to mazes for them. Also was freddy really our icon last year ?? i truly couldnt tell at all! Last year really had no theme so it just felt like a few horror movies being thrown around the park for publicity idk maybe its just me. Also im losing hope in Evil Dead i judt cant see it coming this year...heres my line up..

The Thing WWW venue (confirmed)

Scream(shrek venue??) also main icon

HoH Wolfman overlay....hmmmm not 100% thoo

Hostel (mummy venue??)

HOTC or rob zombies similar idea type maze (T2 Venue)

Evil Dead or TrT (JP Venue)

TT theme : Trick or Treat (if not the maze*)