HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

You guys are all off your rocker. None of the movies we have speculated involve bins shooting flames out of them in anyway.

Face it, it's either something original or something we simply just have not speculated yet.

The Thing: Sure flamethrowers were a major part of the weaponry used but that wouldn't be given homage to in the facade in that way. I'm not sure how the bunker in the prequel is gonna look but I doubt it's gonna look like storage bins...

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness: Evil Dead, simply just no. Army of Darkness, as someone said, how do castles relate to bins with flames shooting up? Even if they built a castle exterior around it, it doesn't make much sense.

The Wolfman: Like AoD and as someone said, it wouldn't make sense to just NOT use torches.

Hostel: That environment just isn't present in the movies. I suppose out of all of these, it could be the most likely since bins and flames wouldn't be the furthest from the environment but usually it's just more broke down, old buildings. Not bins... with flames.... - _ -

I think we can rule out that it's Halloween, Scream, NOES, F13, Saw. My only guess at this point is the bins are inactive with all of it's flame parts out of it and they're just using it to help build a big facade. That's my guess. Whatever it may be, the entry will be similar to Saw and going through huge large columns.

Another guess I may have is they're going for an industrial look. Resident Evil, perhaps?

hahaha yea this is all what i said. I officially just watched The Thing. personally i didnt like the movie and i think there would be a lack of enviroment to use since it takes place in the middle of nowhere in Antartica. Not to excited about a possible maze now. Also Murdy replied to my tweet saying "The big cargo containers? We use those to support the maze facades. Little trick we learned from movie set construction." As i also predicted earlier that they would probably be used for the facade in some way not for flame throwers. In that case there would be no need more to speculate on movies involving flame throwers. Maybe the facades trying to bring a warehouse type of look....my guess is for hostel. I now have a strong feeling ghostface will be the PR announcement and our Main Icon this year. IF so i think were looking forward to a REALLY good year and i know DTH would be super happy lol. Also resident evil would be a good maze i believe we speculated on the possiblilites earlier in the year. Not only that but a Silent Hill maze would KICK ASS! :D

Someone asked if the TT icon will have their own maze. Murdy flat out said no.

At least we know the icon will have his own Scarezone

although i do miss the Icon/TT tie in

lets all be happy were having the event

Tomorrow Wix and I will be heading out to Auditions as well as Take LEGIT VIDEO of Speculation and Construction

http://www.facebook.com/HalloweenHorrorNights/posts/10150238901976727?notif_t=feed_comment

The SawTwins have been getting completely butt hurt over OUR FIRST HNN Meetup because THEY have to be first

and THEY control the fans

ohh i cant wait until tomorrow ;D

then you will all get Real information from a reliable source :)

Edited by StevenForTmrw

Ok thanks I get it now. And honestly I don't like the saw twins updates. Most of the things they say are stuiped and dont make scense and there good info you can find most of it somewhere else. And get it without having to listen to their kidding around

So wait, the TT icon has a scarezone? I must've missed that one... unless that's something you've heard :)

I think I can live with that. I just hate when the TT has nothing to do with anything else.

nooooo the normal Icon has a scarezone xD

just like every other year

what i was referring to was how i miss having an Icon that had all 3, A Maze A Scarezone and TT

Does anyone else see how good of a maze devils rejects could be? It has plenty of kills lots of blood and a bunch of environments. Plus its the sequel to hotc. Also rob zombie was going to use dr. satan in devils rejects (not sure how they would add that into the movie) he filmed it as an outtake but ended up not using it. Maybe rob wants to add it and decided to do it in the maze. There was a video update that showed a maze that said dr. satan on it idk just a random thought.

Some environments could be:

The police raid at firefly house,

The kiki palms motel,

charlies ranch,

The police interagation room,

This is what they could do with a maze. But in a TT they could do more environments. My brother had the idea that they could do a small maze or setup of some environments kinda like the sheet maze. Idk its just.a random thought like I said

The thing about THAT is half of those environments weren't used to be scary. And the transitions between each location would be extremely confusing. They could amp the scare level but... at the end of the day, it's still not really a horror movie.

Maybe not but it is gory and all they would have to do is add the scare actors have them scare you and pop out. Some effects strobes something like that. It could be scary think about it. Also think bout friday the 13th all they did was do a gory environment or a kill and throw jason in there and it was scary. That is all it would need and it makes scense completely for rob to do another maze or TT. But I think that devils rejects will be at hhnh somewhere and I'm excited for that. And if it isn't there it would be a big surprise and if not this year they will do it some time.

The SawTwins have been getting completely butt hurt over OUR FIRST HNN Meetup because THEY have to be first

and THEY control the fans

ohh i cant wait until tomorrow ;D

then you will all get Real information from a reliable source :)

Im starting to think they dont realy do research on things they sounded realy stupid and seemed to be picking a fight.

Does anyone else see how good of a maze devils rejects could be? It has plenty of kills lots of blood and a bunch of environments. Plus its the sequel to hotc. Also rob zombie was going to use dr. satan in devils rejects (not sure how they would add that into the movie) he filmed it as an outtake but ended up not using it. Maybe rob wants to add it and decided to do it in the maze. There was a video update that showed a maze that said dr. satan on it idk just a random thought.

Some environments could be:

The police raid at firefly house,

The kiki palms motel,

charlies ranch,

The police interagation room,

This is what they could do with a maze. But in a TT they could do more environments. My brother had the idea that they could do a small maze or setup of some environments kinda like the sheet maze. Idk its just.a random thought like I said

the thing is those arnt realy maze type enviroment, and the Devil rejects IMO seems like Rob departed from the Horror aspects it more of a crime movie then anything there are no horror elements in it, while HOTC protrayed the Firefly Family as a pyschopathic family hiding a Supernatural Force (Dr. Satan) and keeping people hostage and tourturing them, Devils Rejects just potrayed the Fireflys as murders running from the law and all evidence from what I remember of Dr. Satan was drop basicly its like both Movies are two different universes with basicly the same characters the fireflys were just running from the cops the whole movie sure they killed that band but thats the closet to horror element that whole movie has.

I understand where your coming from with this. But it could be used as a maze. They.could do something to make it scary. Join murdy has the talent to make anything scary and effective. As for dr. satan rob had an idea to put dr. satan in devils rejects but decided against it I learned this on devils rejects: how the movie was made

Saw and F13 are HORROR movies though. They may not be scary but they can be translated into being scary.

The Devil's Rejects is NOT horror. So translating it into the maze would be taking WAY too many liberties to make it a good maze.

As where Saw and F13, it's basically JUST adding scares. To make The Devil's Rejects into a maze, it would be unrecognizable to that film's fans.

There'd be zero point to it, I'm sure is what most of us are trying to say.

That'd be like trying to push Twilight into a maze, because technically it can be done since it does have the elements and some environments to it, just add scares. But doesn't mean it has any right to be a maze.

I highly doubt we'll see anything The Devil's Rejects related at HHN this year or any year.

It just doesn't work.

And not a single prospect about going into any of the locations from that movie or seeing any of those characters would have me at all excited, nor do I think it would have very many other people either.

Devil's Rejects may be a beloved movie by a few cinephiles as far as revenge and road movies go but by the horror community, it's not really considered as much as HOTC was or still is to this day.

Plus they use guns quite often. Too many liberties to be made to change it for it to work. It'd just be unrecognizable and wouldn't represent the film very well after all the changes.

As nice as it would of been its official there will be no fire cannons this year just used for the maze facade.

@HorrorNights wow how cool but will they be used as fiire cannons like klownz or just for the maze facade?

@hhn09 just to support the facade

steven i came across that on the fb page i wouldnt waste my time or energy on them. like grindhouse said there probably just tryna pick a fight and you can see they have yet to hit puberty so dont expect them to come at the situation maturely. There updates are as any other ones except they include false info...universal classical theme this year? RIGHT -_- there videos have somewhat good visual quality but other than that there no one big...they do the same thing any other hhn fans can do...go record and make updates.

Anywho Now that the maze will have its on SZ if im correct im beginning to believe it will be Trick or Treat for maybe the main icon.....could anyone picture a Scream SZ...yea its possible but i think only a maze would fit it. Also i do NOT want to see a devils reject maze. Like mentioned earlier its not even a horror flick technically. And i doubt that movie could reach Murdys standards for a maze. it would probably feel like a less scary remake maze of HOTC IMO.

I understand that and that is why as few months ago give or t as ke I said th as t I do see it being in az terror tr as m more they could just simply have the firefly family run around the back lot. Have peopl feel like they wanna kidnap and torture them. And anyways just thought I would put this out there most of these thoughts are my brothers and he obviou sd ly needs to get his own hnn account. Haha I coud really care less if devils rejects are there but I do believe thst something could be used with it

One more thing real quick rob zombie said that it is a horror movie but he wanted it to be a creative horror movie so I thing the wtiter of the movie would know the genre but anyways, I see the guns and action or whatever but they dont have to use that part that isnt the point of the movie. U can't say that a dead bloody guy with a bullet hole in his arm isnt scary if he moves. And jumps at u and the person that did that to him trying to do it to u too. It would be scary if they did it right.

Its a killer a whole family of killers so that doubles the scare possibility. Also it is the same concept as f13 noes saw halloween, etc. a killer trying to kidn as p and kill you. They have there victims scare you also and an amazing environment very detailed like hotc and like any maze needs to be. Same concept it is just as good of a maze possibility as any other. And what about trick r trear? Technically its a horror movie but I watched it and it didn't startle me once. And it has even less environments. yeah it has some characters but the only one I.can see being there is same.

I mean sam not same

Rob Zombie could say it was a science fiction movie for all I care. Fact of the matter is, he's wrong and he has been wrong before and he will continue to be wrong for a very long time like many other director/writers out there. The final product is the proof and his final product does NOT represent a horror movie by any standard. It includes characters from a horror universe but the actions they take and the plot of the movie does not work in a horror aesthetic.

... and the comparison of all those movies you just listed are kinda just flat out wrong.

I hate to seem like that "know it all guy" who turns down ideas or something but it's simply just true.

Screw Ghostface... I wanted Ash to be in the video. Tram Driver: There's all sorts of horrors here... I don't know why I'm supposed to drop you guys off here. SOUND OF CHAINSAW REVVING Tram Driver" All right... it looks like you guys may be okay after all... just follow that guy!" In the long run it's a fact... sorry Ghostface but Ash is the best horror character of ALL TIME!

One more thing real quick rob zombie said that it is a horror movie but he wanted it to be a creative horror movie so I thing the wtiter of the movie would know the genre but anyways, I see the guns and action or whatever but they dont have to use that part that isnt the point of the movie. U can't say that a dead bloody guy with a bullet hole in his arm isnt scary if he moves. And jumps at u and the person that did that to him trying to do it to u too. It would be scary if they did it right.

Rob Zombie could say it was a science fiction movie for all I care. Fact of the matter is, he's wrong and he has been wrong before and he will continue to be wrong for a very long time like many other director/writers out there. The final product is the proof and his final product does NOT represent a horror movie by any standard. It includes characters from a horror universe but the actions they take and the plot of the movie does not work in a horror aesthetic.

... and the comparison of all those movies you just listed are kinda just flat out wrong.

I hate to seem like that "know it all guy" who turns down ideas or something but it's simply just true.

DTH has a point but even if Rob called it a horror movie it does not come off that way if they made a movie about the guy who went up into a tall building and start snipping people yes it would be gory and yes alot of people would be dead but it wouldnt be a horror type movie the thing with horror movie is they use something that does not happen every day or to an extent in the real world and put people in a room with that wiether it be a Demonic Spirit, A serial killer in a mask, zombies, a psychotic family ect. but the plot of Devil's reject is pretty well real world, a family of criminals running away and killing people in there way or just for fun, that being said there are horror movie with similuar aspects such as the strangers that come off with more Horror by the way its represented, and there are non horror movie that could be and has been translated into a maze because it had the elements be used in a horror scenerio (orlando's mazes, The Mummy, Doomsday, Jurassic Park, Cirqu Du Freak and on a non movie point Marvel's Carnage Warehouse) but with Devils Rejects there too much to add to make it work since realisticly the only scene that could be used is the band in the motel but that one thing and would make no sense if added to HOTC.

and like DTH said were not shooting down ideas were just trying to keep things down to earth there a fine line between us and HHN updater lol