HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

I never said anything about them not knowing what there doing just saying it looks real close to the mummy building... But anyhoo if they are using them it will be badass... I can completely say I'm 100% excited about this year... I have never been let down and don't expect to be... Murdy knows what he's doing...

Ya exactly whatever murdys doing it will be awesome. And I am excited for anything and it frustrates me when everyone gets all upset and acts like every year isnt amazing. at least 99% of it anyways. Hhn is amazing and is in my opinion easily the best halloween event. That is every year. So whatever john murdy has in store will be good I believe that. It may be able to be a little better whatever he chooses to do. But I can understand how it can be hard to step it up so much.each year and I think that john murdy does an amazing job at what.he does. many people want different things from hhnh and it is impossible to make everyone happy.

Klownz also used the fire canons, no? Ugh... I can't remember. I remember seeing those boxes and the "ha ha ha."

I DO believe they'll be using them as the fire canons. And I don't think they're just there for momentary storage either... they just so happened to be appropriately placed at the entrance of the maze? Sure.

And there's no warehouse locations in Hostel 1 or 2. Just a bunch of old, broken down buildings.

The fire canons aren't there for no reason... they're there for the entry... I'm telling you! I'm sure they'll set up the gasoline and such later, probably not this early on.

And the flames are pretty controlled... I don't think they have anything to worry about in terms of the flames going crazy and catching everything on fire.

Plus, the fire department is RIGHT THERE just up the hill. I honestly don't think they'd risk it and I'm sure they know what they're doing.

And when did Murdy rule out original content? All I saw was there's no "director" and that Alice Cooper thing isn't true. He never denied original though.

Yea the Klownz SZ used the fire cannons as well. 1) Murdy said on twitter that all our mazes would be movie based this year (not sure of the timeline when this was said) and 2) i asked Murdy earlier in the year if we would be getting any original content in terms of mazes and he also said no flat out. So yea end of original criteria discussions. And the fire cannons are well controlled i agree.As long as the cannons remain Sturdy,which they have the last two years, than everything should be fine. I wouldnt want the cannons tipping over onto the maze that would be a disaster 0.o Knocks on wood* If worst comes to worst like DTH said theres a fire station right around the corner. Other than that the fire cannons look like a great effect to use at the beggining of whatever maze it may be.

After rewatching the video it seems as if there's only one cannon tower there, which means there technically doesn't have to be fire, but a warehouse look ( if saw comes I'm shooting myself)

Now that construction seems to be starting it seems as if our choices are getting very limited

As well as what we've been choosing as speculation

Let's think for a moment....

Speculate

Oh and by the way does anyone have a prediction of to when the first pr will be? Also a few people said something about how john said the first ATTRACTION PR would be and some thought that that meant that it want going to be a maze PR. I think john caught that because a day later he specifically said on twitter the first maze ax PR. Just thought I would share that in casr someone didn't know that.

Sorry for all the typos I'm on my phone posting not my computer

^^ well john tweeted on twitter the PR will be before the middle of the week we should know something by monday/tuesday...wednesday being the latest. and steven i seen two towers in the video if im not mistaken ill have to watch it over to make sure. This just throws me wayyyyy off now....what horror films used or featured some type of flames ?? Things like this make me believe maybe john changed his mind and made something original idk im confused......i shall return after i do some research :D

correction: both towers featured in WTH and Klownz are down there i just checked. Also now that we wont be recycling this prop for a third year in the new york SZ i wonder what other cool effects john might add in this year.

Edited by HorrorNights93

I think the first PR is gonna be The Thing. For whatever reason, they're rushing it out NOW and my guess is to coincide with the release of the new trailer.

It'd be really awesome if at the end of the trailer it could say something like "And visit Universal Studios Hollywood for Halloween Horror Nights to experience The Thing: Frozen Fear attraction!" But since it's already out, maybe on future trailers.

It has to be The Thing... has to be... what other continents are there to use... reasonably...

And I'm convinced the lower lot is original. Just has to be...

Edited by DTH316

We havent even tooken to consideration if there will be fire cannons. Maybe murdys just reusing the two towers i asked him on twitter so ill let you guys know what he says. Also The Thing is a universal property right ??? So i see why not to use it. Which codename would the thing refer to most reasonably though ?? Also my research was a fail i couldnt find no movie properties to connect to the use of fire/flames.

I think the first PR is gonna be The Thing. For whatever reason, they're rushing it out NOW and my guess is to coincide with the release of the new trailer.

It'd be really awesome if at the end of the trailer it could say something like "And visit Universal Studios Hollywood for Halloween Horror Nights to experience The Thing: Frozen Fear attraction!" But since it's already out, maybe on future trailers.

It has to be The Thing... has to be... what other continents are there to use... reasonably...

And I'm convinced the lower lot is original. Just has to be...

Whatever is coming out is going to be the "Main Attraction" PR

same way Saw was 2 years ago

same way HOTC was last year

usually the Biggest Maze is the top notch attraction (usually also coincides with the "Icon" for the year

whatever that maybe rest assured it will be Big

and from my understanding the PR will be Tuesday

HHN auditions are Mon/Tues which leaves that last 4 hour block to release the PR after scareactors have been chosen Tuesday night during the 2nd open audition

Predictions are very hard to come by right now

give me a few while i narrow it down

Hostel it could look like some kind of weird dungeon kind of thing.. wolfman it could be like torches in the front of the house or cave and evil dead has a forest and a caving but army of darkness is based in the medieval times haven't seen either in years though

Welcome to the HHNH side of the forums zlowe glad to see were growing more on our side :D

Also Flamethrowers connect to the thing?? in that case it HAS TO BE IT.

evil clown im still confused. even if the facade resembled a wierd dungeon what would that have to do with flamethrowers?? Again wolfman torches ?? Lol i think Murdy would use a regular prop in that case not as huge and massive as the towers. Plus torches stay lit, the fire cannons spit out fire every few minutes or so,it wouldnt resemble a torch in that way. And Evil Dead being a part of the medieval era once again i dont see the resemblances for the need of a flamethrower.

Thanks HorrorNights for the welcome :) been trolling for quite awhile now figured it was time to finally post. Honestly as long as The Thing and Evil Dead/Army of Darkness is involved I will be a happy camper.

Welcome to the Hollywood side of HHN

and to the HNN Family

:D

^Honestly, I would see the Thing going in Wild West or the JP queue more than the lower lot. It just would make more sense to me.

how? The thing is kinda industrial and requires a good amount of puppetry would make more sense in the lower lot

The thing wouldnt fit well with WWW, The basis of The Thing (franchise) is based in Outpost 31 within the Antarctica wasteland

If HHN was to create an Outpost 31 on the lower lot i would DIEEE if they used HAVOC:DOW 's Facade

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigchippah/5034586668/in/set-72157625015669854

You guys are all off your rocker. None of the movies we have speculated involve bins shooting flames out of them in anyway.

Face it, it's either something original or something we simply just have not speculated yet.

The Thing: Sure flamethrowers were a major part of the weaponry used but that wouldn't be given homage to in the facade in that way. I'm not sure how the bunker in the prequel is gonna look but I doubt it's gonna look like storage bins...

Evil Dead/Army of Darkness: Evil Dead, simply just no. Army of Darkness, as someone said, how do castles relate to bins with flames shooting up? Even if they built a castle exterior around it, it doesn't make much sense.

The Wolfman: Like AoD and as someone said, it wouldn't make sense to just NOT use torches.

Hostel: That environment just isn't present in the movies. I suppose out of all of these, it could be the most likely since bins and flames wouldn't be the furthest from the environment but usually it's just more broke down, old buildings. Not bins... with flames.... - _ -

I think we can rule out that it's Halloween, Scream, NOES, F13, Saw. My only guess at this point is the bins are inactive with all of it's flame parts out of it and they're just using it to help build a big facade. That's my guess. Whatever it may be, the entry will be similar to Saw and going through huge large columns.

Another guess I may have is they're going for an industrial look. Resident Evil, perhaps?