HHN Hollywood X (2011) Speculation

Ya I'm sure it will be to. Also this might be a little crazy but me and my brother took it this way. John tweeted, please ignore the screaming coming from my office. And whatever you do dont open the door. Whatever you do dont open the door is part of screams slogan. Did anyone else notice this tweet?

Good Observation !^^ Im not really on twitter so i wouldnt know much about it unless theres codenames and updates involved. Anywho, i believe i was one of the first to point out Insidous would be a GREAT maze,not to boast about it lol :D I just dont see how it couldnt be a maze.Enviroments might be a lil limited and i like your idea on the hospital scene be extended DTH. And the main villian could either be the old lady or the red faced demon. I'll be sure to let john know or rather remind him of an Insidous maze next year. I kinda figured we wouldnt be having it after seeing john still has not seen it sigh *. Cheers to hoping for a 2012 Insidous Maze :) Also Im sure IF Scream is announced we can label ghostface as the main icon i couldnt see any other villian being the head charge. And not enough enviroments?? Murdy had to be crazy saying something like that lol No need to get into details we all know of the many enviroments that could be utilized.

I know it's been said multiple times but I feel like breaking it down.

Scream 1:

1) Casey Becker's House/Backyard (Casey Becker in window on the phone facade - - omg, shivers just thinking about it...)

2) School/Bathroom/Principal's Office

3) Stu's Garage/House

[This follows the Halloween format... house, other environment, house]

Scream 2:

1) Movie Theater (plunging knife facade)

2) Dorms

3) CiCi Cooper's Frat

4) Sound Room

5) Play Theater

Scream 3:

I'm too lazy to think this one out... but the prop house, Sidney's ghost mom at the window, Sidney's set house with the body bag and the mansion at the end with the basement and secret theater would be good locations)

Scream 4:

1) Opening

2) Book store

3) Olivia's Room/Jill's House

4) Parking Garage

5) Stab-A-Thon in the barn

6) Kirby's House

7) Hospital

Scream 1's environments would be much longer sections as where Scream 4, although the most locations, would be a bit hard to fill into a maze because each scene would need to be kinda lengthy (that's IF just doing a maze on the one).

Smashing all the movies together would be the best idea, basically doing a top 10 scenes starting with Casey Becker's house much like the F13 and NOES mazes.

Oh god, it'd be so exciting...

BREAKING NEWS! From the HHN FB Page:

So after all the speculation, guesses and rumors, the time has come. Next week we release our first NEW attraction for HHN! Have a great weekend.

Finally! *Fingers crossed for Scream* :D

A few things strike me about that announcement.

1) It says NEW. So that means it won't be the HOTC maze, first and foremost so we're getting a slice of up and coming first instead of old and dry. I DO like that.

2) It says ATTRACTION. Huh... this COULD mean maze... but this also could mean Terror Tram... or even a show, because technically a show is an attraction but sometimes they're listed as seperate and sometimes not. At the moment, my money is on a maze announcement.

3) It says after all the spec and rumors... which means they DO listen to us (or at least the idiots on FB). So hopefully through the mud, they scraped through the garbage and found the people who have been wanting Scream.

I have a feeling the announcement will be Monday or Tuesday. SO EXCITED.

Also, the new The Thing trailer was released today. Could this possibly be a correlation? We'll see.

Lol someone always happens to beat me to the punch i was just about to post that announcement ! Anyways im SO EXCITED ! im glad Murdys being a man of his word and giving us the info earlier than last year -___- Were starting off to a good start none the less. And Yes,it cant be HOTC because it said new unless there using new scenes and considering it new like last years Saw maze. Dont know what else you could really do in that maze though. But hey you know what would be even greater ?? If we found out at the end of all the PRs HOTC would never be returning :D lol fingers crosssed* Hopefullys its early next week and i wont be working i dont want to be the last one to find out. So im hoping for Scream or Trick or Treat...for our first announcement!!

Also, the new The Thing trailer was released today. Could this possibly be a correlation? We'll see.

Something else I would like to point out: We all remember when Murdy was saying that the mazes this year will span up to three continents and four (right?) mazes will take place in countries other than the U.S. We know that the U.S. is one of them (HoTC and hopefully Scream) and Europe has GOT to be the second one (Hostel and maybe Wolfman?) But there's a third continent that we're still missing. Maybe that could be Antarctica? If that's the case, then chances are looking slim for an Evil Dead maze since that takes place in the U.S.

As for the three countries, well we would have Hostel, set in Russia; Wolfman set in Great Britian, and Army of Darkness (In HoH as DTH speculated) in Great Britain as well. Scream and HoTC take place in the U.S. and The Thing would be in Antarctica. There you go. Three continents and two counties outside of the U.S.

So after all the speculation, guesses and rumors, the time has come. Next week we release our first NEW attraction for HHN! Have a great weekend.

Meh.

After seeing last year's definition of "NEW!", it wouldn't surprise me in the least to hear the attraction is Chainsaw Massacre or HOTC. My expectations are in the cellar.

Edited by zombieman

Yeah, my guess was Antartica for The Thing also but I always just felt like they wouldn't do it because 1) they like to work with outside properties 2) it's not released yet and 3) they already did it in Orlando. I think it would make a pretty cool maze, whether it's based on the original or the prequel/remake.

I was also thinking Asia at one point but the only major horror film that takes place there is The Grudge (The Ring remake takes place in Seattle) but, Knotts already did it. But I always see it as possible since 1) Universal can do it much better 2) Colombia Pictures had a falling out with Knotts after the Zombieland debacle about 2 years ago and 3) it is one of the major horror films of the last decade that many people instantly recognize.

That leaves South America, Africa and Australia. There's a few obscure horror films that take place there but none of them would be instantly recognizable with today's crowds (The Ruins, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Wolf Creek respectively). Nor would any of those be maze worthy to begin with anyway.

So that leaves North America (HOTC, Scream), Antarctica (The Thing) and Europe (Hostel, Wolfman/Original Creation/Army of Darkness).

Wow guys, I really think we have it pretty set as to what we're getting this year :) [watch everything be absolutely wrong, down to HOTC].

And guys... c'mon..............................

It's time.... okay?

Can we all just face it and realize.....

Trick 'r Treat isn't coming?

I know you're hopeful...

But I don't wanna see you guys get hurt...

The same way Freak has been hurt by Wolfman after all these years lol

It's gonna become the same dysfunctional relationship

We expect so much but they never deliver and we end up wishing for more.

So the sooner we realize that TrT isn't happening... the better...

It's bad enough that this is Wolfman's ONE LAST CHANCE to ever being done.

And if you're one of those wishing for Wolfman and TrT... this is gonna be a hard year for you guys to accept haha

Let's just wait until the next film comes out, okay?

^I can't believe I'm saying this, but I won't be crushed if we won't get Wolfman this year. I know it's a strong possibility and I'm very happy for that but I also realize that it could be something else like La Llorona or something. :P So if they announce that Soap Opera is Underworld something dumb like that then I'm willing to except it.

As for TrT, I actually thought it would have a chance this year until HoTC came up. Now I'm pretty sure it won't be here until 2013 at least because of the sequel coming out in 2012. I'm not expecting TrT to come this year or the next. I think back to the Vault on how we kept thinking that TrT would come last year....only to be met with severe disappointment.

If we do get Wolfman and Scream this year and the sixth maze, based on what we speculated on last year, this year will kind of seem like how 2010 should've done.

Did Murdy ever say that the mazes specifically take place in different continents? Or did he just say that the "codenames" take place in different continents. If so, that's a game changer because the codenames are anything from a maze, scarezone to the Terror Tram. And London street alone takes place in Europe and that would cover one right there, leaving all 6 mazes, other scare zones and Terror Trams to be NA and another continent. Just a thought.

Wow

MAJOR BOMB DROPPED:

@HorrorNights will the icon for terror tram have it's own maze?

@coreymarr1 No

@HorrorNights which codename will you be announcing first?

@shnakashnow One of the ones that no one cracked...at least I think...have to check "The Book."

Ladies and gentleman, it's official. Scream/Ghostface won't be hosting the Terror Tram.

Scream might not even be a maze.

And the Terror Tram won't help the story of the event this year, which was one of the big problems of last year (or at least won't have a direct tie to the mazes. I'm supposing an original or Universal character to be hosting the TT as I doubt they'd do a Terror Tram based on a movie and not do a maze also).

This also smashes rumors that the Firefly Family would be hosting the Terror Tram

Two questions, simple answers - - COMPLETELY CHANGE THE WAY OF SPECULATION THIS YEAR IN A MATTER OF MERE SECONDS.

ABSOLUTELY LIVID. UGH.

Edited by DTH316

Wow

MAJOR BOMB DROPPED:

@HorrorNights will the icon for terror tram have it's own maze?

@coreymarr1 No

@HorrorNights which codename will you be announcing first?

@shnakashnow One of the ones that no one cracked...at least I think...have to check "The Book."

Ladies and gentleman, it's official. Scream/Ghostface won't be hosting the Terror Tram.

Scream might not even be a maze.

And the Terror Tram won't help the story of the event this year, which was one of the big problems of last year (or at least won't have a direct tie to the mazes. I'm supposing an original or Universal character to be hosting the TT as I doubt they'd do a Terror Tram based on a movie and not do a maze also).

This also smashes rumors that the Firefly Family would be hosting the Terror Tram

Two questions, simple answers - - COMPLETELY CHANGE THE WAY OF SPECULATION THIS YEAR IN A MATTER OF MERE SECONDS.

ABSOLUTELY LIVID. UGH.

DTH is gonna chew my ass out for this

BUTTT it STILLLL gives us a possibility for having TrT as the Terror Tram

*cough cough*

Yeah, my guess was Antartica for The Thing also but I always just felt like they wouldn't do it because 1) they like to work with outside properties 2) it's not released yet and 3) they already did it in Orlando. I think it would make a pretty cool maze, whether it's based on the original or the prequel/remake.

I was also thinking Asia at one point but the only major horror film that takes place there is The Grudge (The Ring remake takes place in Seattle) but, Knotts already did it. But I always see it as possible since 1) Universal can do it much better 2) Colombia Pictures had a falling out with Knotts after the Zombieland debacle about 2 years ago and 3) it is one of the major horror films of the last decade that many people instantly recognize.

That leaves South America, Africa and Australia. There's a few obscure horror films that take place there but none of them would be instantly recognizable with today's crowds (The Ruins, The Serpent and the Rainbow, Wolf Creek respectively). Nor would any of those be maze worthy to begin with anyway.

So that leaves North America (HOTC, Scream), Antarctica (The Thing) and Europe (Hostel, Wolfman/Original Creation/Army of Darkness).

Wow guys, I really think we have it pretty set as to what we're getting this year :) [watch everything be absolutely wrong, down to HOTC].

And guys... c'mon..............................

It's time.... okay?

Can we all just face it and realize.....

Trick 'r Treat isn't coming?

I know you're hopeful...

But I don't wanna see you guys get hurt...

The same way Freak has been hurt by Wolfman after all these years lol

It's gonna become the same dysfunctional relationship

We expect so much but they never deliver and we end up wishing for more.

So the sooner we realize that TrT isn't happening... the better...

It's bad enough that this is Wolfman's ONE LAST CHANCE to ever being done.

And if you're one of those wishing for Wolfman and TrT... this is gonna be a hard year for you guys to accept haha

Let's just wait until the next film comes out, okay?

I wanna bring up a few things.

First off, we all probably saw when John Murdy was interviewed about doing a maze based off of "The Thing" a couple of years ago and he had replied that while it was one of the 2 he had always wanted to do (the other being "The Exorcist") and Orlando had done it, but unfortunately USH did not have the technology that he would want to properly do it right.

Also, figuring myself to be a smart ass months back, when the code name Nicasio was dropped, my reply was Evil Dead, then was The Thing.

He denied both as possibilities. This was in March.

Also, the thing about T'rT is that it is so rich that it wouldn't be a TT theme. It's too rich. My guess would be that TT will be a Universal Character, Chucky, or the return of the director.

I wanna bring up a few things.

First off, we all probably saw when John Murdy was interviewed about doing a maze based off of "The Thing" a couple of years ago and he had replied that while it was one of the 2 he had always wanted to do (the other being "The Exorcist") and Orlando had done it, but unfortunately USH did not have the technology that he would want to properly do it right.

Also, figuring myself to be a smart ass months back, when the code name Nicasio was dropped, my reply was Evil Dead, then was The Thing.

He denied both as possibilities. This was in March.

Also, the thing about T'rT is that it is so rich that it wouldn't be a TT theme. It's too rich. My guess would be that TT will be a Universal Character, Chucky, or the return of the director.

this was march there 2 things we need to think about Maze Ideas and properties were changing up until May/june nothing solid until maze construction starts for example My Bloody Valentine wasnt in the mix till May in 09 cuz they droped wolfman, so things may be different now and with Murdy wanting to do the Thing and it being free for the taking considering it a universal property, and the sequal lands with HHN it would be a big facepalm not to use it.

PS it Would be Soooooo Cool if the director, Murdy always said he might return as "He is still hiding in the backlot" but that would be a wild card, hey someone should ask him about the director

this was march there 2 things we need to think about Maze Ideas and properties were changing up until May/june nothing solid until maze construction starts for example My Bloody Valentine wasnt in the mix till May in 09 cuz they droped wolfman, so things may be different now and with Murdy wanting to do the Thing and it being free for the taking considering it a universal property, and the sequal lands with HHN it would be a big facepalm not to use it.

PS it Would be Soooooo Cool if the director, Murdy always said he might return as "He is still hiding in the backlot" but that would be a wild card, hey someone should ask him about the director

things seem to always change in the world of HHN

prime example goes to us last year as well as the years prior

hell even USO has BIG changes the completely shake the event ( IE: HHNO 11, 12 and 20)

at anytime they could drop the bomb on Murdy and say nope nope scrap that we want :______________: here instead

or we want :___________: instead of :____________:

and thanks for bringing that up Grind, come Monday IF I get the chance to chat with Murdy I will be asking him about future Icons