HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I didn't think Sunday was bad at all. Had six houses done without express, although that might just be because we used stay & scream. Did the other two with our Express passes, then did one more round and left. I did notice the times going up when we did our second go-round so the big crowd must have built up late.

Actually I didn't think Sunday was bad at all. Had six houses done without express, although that might just be because we used stay & scream. Did the other two with our Express passes, then did one more round and left. I did notice the times going up when we did our second go-round so the big crowd must have built up late.

It was completely do-able without Stay'n'Scream. I led a large group (about 10 people) on a makeshift tour... we were at the gates at opening and managed to complete all 8 houses, doing Saws'n'Steam twice, by 9 PM. Poe's wait time was enormously exaggerated at the beginning of the night - sign said 45, I called BS, got in line - it took 15 minutes. Saws was an absolute walk-on. In-Between and Forsaken were 5 minutes each. Bloodngutz was maybe 10 minutes; Thing was 20ish. Nightingales and Winter were 10-15 each.

After 9 though, all but the soundstages heated up. Forsaken had 60, In-Between was at 90, Poe was 90, Saws'n'Steam was 100, didn't see Bloodngutz. THING said 30 but was probably 20, Nightingales and Winter were 10 minutes each.

I only get to go to Horror Nights one day a year, and we were supposed to go on the 9th, but skipped due to weather, and decided to come back this last Sunday, the 16th, instead. Last night (Sunday) was a pretty great night to go. We did the stay and scream for the first time, and were able to do Winters Night, The Thing and Nightingales before 6:30. Then we had Bloodengutz and Saws and Steam done in time for the first showing of Bill and Ted. These were all walk-ins! After the 7:15 show, we got in line for The Forsaken, which was our first wait at about 20 minutes. Hopped in line for In-Between next, and after all walk-ons up to that point, man, was that torture! An hour and a half wait in a line the seemingly never ended! It just kept going and going! Finally made it through, and got in line for Poe, waiting an hour exactly. Had all houses done by 10:00, and then casually strolled through all the scarezones and stopping to watch Death Drums. Then we decided to do repeats, with Saws being about a 15 minute wait, and Bloodengutz at 30. Ended at the soundstages again, with both Nightingales and Winters Night being walk ons once again! All in all it was a very successful night! Or final count ended up at:

The Forsaken x1

The In-Between x1

Nevermore x1

Saws n Steam x2

H.R. Bloodengutz x2

The Thing x1

Nightingales x2

Winters Night x2

Your Luck Has Run Out x2

7 x 1(1/2)

Acid Assault x2

Nightmaze x1(1/2)

Grown Evil x1

Canyon of Dark Souls x2

Bill and Ted x1

Death Drums x1

I literally had the time of my life last night. It was my first time ever going, coming all the way from New Jersey. I was with my little sister, my older sister, and our friend. It was everything I hoped it would be...AMAZING. The houses were incredible and the scarezones were like playgrounds. SO MUCH FUN. I was not disappointed by a thing. (Maybe with an exception for the ridiculously long line for a few, ex. Saws N' Steam- but I look past that!) We were able to do all 8 houses and all 6 scarezones in the one night we were able to go. I have to say, the attention to detail is spectacular and the energy from the actors was so intense. I can't pick a favorite, as they all were, but If I had to mention any, I reeeeally loved Nightingales and Winter's Night. (Don't get me wrong, the others were AMAZING as well and I loved them the same. Bloodengutz was so great, btw. So fun and different from the others!) As for scarezones, "7" was so intense- we ended up making multiple trips through there- SO MUCH ENERGY and the actors were sooo animated, I loved it. Having my little sister as a target for most scareactors was a plus as well haha. The Vanity guys had fun with her. Also, one of the Gluttony guys told her that he "loved kids meals" haha. Aside from many negative comments about "Nightmaze", I actually really liked it! Walking through, we were forced to stop dead in our tracks and find another route because the actors were so quick to change the set. They were also in your face quickly too...haha. Acid Assault....ahhhhh SO awesome. Besides the obvious amazing projections, the actors were very upbeat. I saw a fight break out between two scareactors, fighting over a pan or something. The rat lady disgusted my older sister and our friend- I took pictures ;) Such a fun scarezone. Grown Evil was beautiful and very eerie. It was amazing. The actors really took on the roles of animals and they did a very well job. Canyon of Dark Souls was really claustrophobic...which is why I liked it haha. It was very chaotic! The actors were great because they really used what they had to work with to their advantage. One of the stilt walkers disguised himself at ground level until we passed him and he sprung up. So crazy! ....And just don't get me started on the houses. I have lists upon lists of things from each house that I absolutely loved. Thank you Universal for a trip i'll NEVER forget. I hope to go next year...and every year after that!

^sorry for that, I was just really excited about it......

by 6:45 nevermore was already up to a 45 minute wait if that gives you any clue (and yes it was actually 45 minutes...I waited). Lines were really bad last night for a sunday.

Something crazy must've happened then. We got in line around 6:40 to 6:45 and it took us 15 minutes, max. The line always looks daunting but often it really isn't bad at all.

Are there any secret words to shout out in the houses or scarezones to get special reactions from the actors? Ive been a fan since 2006 and il be going for the first time on the week of the 28th.

I know about H.Rs button..and asking what holiday it is in the arbor day room. Any others? Thanks!

Not that I know. Most actors don't have any secret words. Though people saying "Your not scary" might trigger the monster inside of us.

I've notice a bit of a-holes around in 7. Let me say this as I care for my fellow scare-actors. Don't be a creep and stand there and film the women. A min or two is fine. Standing there for 5-8mins is just weird and being a creep. Also if your going to watch the zone. Stand off on the side. On Sunday we say two people just stand near the middle of the street in front of us eating dip and dots for 10mins. Also this special treatment is annoying. If we sat around on the curb and took pictures. We would be told off I'm sure of it but others can stand all on the street and do it. As for the picture situation. They don't have to pose and they normally won't. I never get any good shots in the scare-zone cause they move so fast but I respect that cause their doing their job.

Not that I know. Most actors don't have any secret words. Though people saying "Your not scary" might trigger the monster inside of us.

I've notice a bit of a-holes around in 7. Let me say this as I care for my fellow scare-actors. Don't be a creep and stand there and film the women. A min or two is fine. Standing there for 5-8mins is just weird and being a creep. Also if your going to watch the zone. Stand off on the side. On Sunday we say two people just stand near the middle of the street in front of us eating dip and dots for 10mins. Also this special treatment is annoying. If we sat around on the curb and took pictures. We would be told off I'm sure of it but others can stand all on the street and do it. As for the picture situation. They don't have to pose and they normally won't. I never get any good shots in the scare-zone cause they move so fast but I respect that cause their doing their job.

I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding. I spend a good chunk of time parked on the sidewalk watching, mostly Seven, Acid Assault and Lucy's (Luck's minions). I hope you're referring to the issue of standing and blocking traffic flow, which I totally agree with. I also seldom try to catch photos from the sidewalk since I have such a cruddy camera. I just wanted to be sure you didn't mean sitting on the sidewalk for a long period of time. I know I'm not the only one that does that, but since I have great fondness and respect for the actors, I surely don't want to do anything either to get them in trouble or create a problem for them.

On the pictures - other than Lady Luck at the Wheel, I haven't tried to get photos since the first couple of nights. While I was really hoping that Halloween, or Halloween weekend, a handful might agree to a quick photo with me <cough> <wink>, being the end of the event - if that doesn't materialize, I'm still good. As long as I don't kill off too many more brain cells, my memories from this year will be outstanding anyway. :)

I can't stand those people who say "You're not scary!" .... which is why I loved seeing this when I went- We were on our second house, The Forsaken, and two girls were in front of us. Towards the end, after the sideways ship scene, there is a part where there is a scareactor who gets you from a hole in the wall and, if he chooses, to go to the other wall and get you from there too. Well, he popped out of the first hole and the one girl goes "You're not scary!" (First, hearing that made me mad), but about 3 seconds later, he pops out of the second hole in the wall and gets the girl SO bad she literally stumbles and runs out of the house screaming "I hate you!!" Seriously, that was one of the best things ever to see. I turned around to him and gave him a BIG thumbs up. WELL DONE.

Edited by John Berchtold

just my 2 cents, i dont post much but.... anyone that dosent think this years event was amazing somethin is wrong with you... the houses alone were phenomenal. winters night was amazing cuz i went threw almost alone.... the forsaken... i have NEVER seen a set that amazing. especially the inverted floor. costumes is amazing... hr blood n gutz was hilarious. and the sets were awsome. the 3d imaging in acid assult...wow just wow. universal puts in ALOT of work and detail into this event just as much as any other haunt... so form me... not that it matters much... KUDOS to you universal... i have been for 13 years and you have NEVER let me down....

just my 2 cents, i dont post much but.... anyone that dosent think this years event was amazing somethin is wrong with you... the houses alone were phenomenal. winters night was amazing cuz i went threw almost alone.... the forsaken... i have NEVER seen a set that amazing. especially the inverted floor. costumes is amazing... hr blood n gutz was hilarious. and the sets were awsome. the 3d imaging in acid assult...wow just wow. universal puts in ALOT of work and detail into this event just as much as any other haunt... so form me... not that it matters much... KUDOS to you universal... i have been for 13 years and you have NEVER let me down....

There's a upside down floor in Forsaken!?!

According to Opening Night in the Press Conference, There are icon references in the houses themselves i only found two and maybe hint at another. Does anyone else have the other references?

Winter's Night:

Cindy's corpse displayed next to Screamhouse's memorable knocking coffin

H.R Bloodengutz:

Jack's Box in Ho Ho Homicide

Any others?

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

Just wondering if I missed a memo. This past Friday (Friday? It all blends together after a while...), in pretty much every zone and house, I got a snort in the ear. Now, I like a good snort in the ear as well as the next person (actually, a lot more than the next person :blush: ) - I just wondered if this was an updated version of the Nightmares shout out/shirt out.

No biggie, carry on...

I can't stand those people who say "You're not scary!" .... which is why I loved seeing this when I went- We were on our second house, The Forsaken, and two girls were in front of us. Towards the end, after the sideways ship scene, there is a part where there is a scareactor who gets you from a hole in the wall and, if he chooses, to go to the other wall and get you from there too. Well, he popped out of the first hole and the one girl goes "You're not scary!" (First, hearing that made me mad), but about 3 seconds later, he pops out of the second hole in the wall and gets the girl SO bad she literally stumbles and runs out of the house screaming "I hate you!!" Seriously, that was one of the best things ever to see.

And you think that did anything other than reinforce her behavior? Trust me, she was yelling "You're not scary!" louder then ever in the next house she went through.

I have no problems with making quips when the employees aren't even trying. And there's a lot that don't. Not that I think my comments will change anyone's behavior, as I don't.

Edited by ThreeCircles

According to Opening Night in the Press Conference, There are icon references in the houses themselves i only found two and maybe hint at another. Does anyone else have the other references? Winter's Night:

Cindy's corpse displayed next to Screamhouse's memorable knocking coffin

H.R Bloodengutz:

Jack's Box in Ho Ho Homicide

Any others?

Edit: (Apparently I can't read.) I never heard about them putting icon references in the houses, just overall HHN references like hands of cards that add up to 21 in Nightingales and The Thing.

Inverted

1. Put upside down or in the opposite position, order, or arrangement

2. Modify (a phrase) by reversing the direction of pitch changes

Number two is a musical definition from Oxford.

So has it been decided that this week is hell week? I know when I asked a few weeks ago it was back and forth on this past week and this week being hell week. I won't be going this weekend, just curious.

Edited by PWT

And you think that did anything other than reinforce her behavior? Trust me, she was yelling "You're not scary!" louder then ever in the next house she went through.

I have no problems with making quips when the employees aren't even trying. And there's a lot that don't. Not that I think my comments will change anyone's behavior, as I don't.

Haha I know, it was just really funny.

Either in this thread or another someone posted earlier into the event a bunch that they had "figured" out. I think they posted that WN had 21 lanterns and such. Also, I think they pointed out there were decks of cards that added up to 21 in The Thing and Nightingales.

No I know Voorhees did a fantastic work seeing all the references to 21 in all 8 houses but i mean icons or hhn characters of the past references in the houses of this year's event.

I wonder if they are going to let FFP people go in the last Saturdays of the month like they have done in years past. has anyone heard anything?

I'm sure they will. They have been doing that for the last couple of years or so and I don't see a reason why they would stop doing it now. If Universal can squeeze a few extra bucks out of us then i'm sure they will allow an extra day to the FFP... ;)