HHN 21 Discussion

Oh Something different happened today

at the entrance of the Thing there was a girl that works at Uni and she kept telling everyone at the line: ( "Please put your cellphones and cameras in your pockets, not flash photography or you will attract the thing")

I wonder why? she kept giving this warning every 3 minutes, over and over, the funny thing is that when she says taking pictures inisde will attract the thing and kill you People were going like "HELL YEAH IM GONNA TAKE SO MUCH PICS SO THE THINGS GET ME YEAH" :lol:

She's been doing that, this is prob just the first time you've seen her doing it. She's also the only one who does, and I'm pretty sure it's because the movie hasn't came out yet.

On the note of BIll and Ted corralling us in one direction, at the first show they were pushing us towards tents....so I don't know if that was a temporary thing, if it changed later in the night or what.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh the irony :P

also it really amazes me how the rockit reached 60+min at hhn. i cant imagine what will happen hell week:P.

does anyone know what the wait times hovered around last night for all houses? if IB was 75, i cant imagine saws/poe :o

Saws hit 45 and poe hit 90. :)

I mentioned this in the Death Drums thread, but I'm really starting to question the decision to leave the BJ and Animal Actor theaters (and maybe even Horror and Make Up) empty. It would help to take people off the streets and out of house lines for 45 minutes to an hour at a time, once seating and all is taken into account. Last night seemed unusually crowded for an early Thursday, and Sunday was just crazy.

A couple of my non-board-reading friends noticed the increase in chainsaws, BTW, and were very pleased. Roving chainsaws have become the event's trademark.

Saws hit 45 and poe hit 90. :)

im never going to poe after 7:30 then :P

im assuming most people go to poe after the B&T's rather than saws due to the familiarity of the author? it seems that way, cuz usually its saws with 90 and poe with 45.

i got to poe 15 min after it opened and it already had a 2o min line. that hosue fills up quick.

This is a big weekend it seems. I don't know about everyone else but tons of kids from my school are going this weekend it. This weekend and closer to halloween seem to be when a lot of people at my school are going.

She's been doing that, this is prob just the first time you've seen her doing it. She's also the only one who does, and I'm pretty sure it's because the movie hasn't came out yet.

On the note of BIll and Ted corralling us in one direction, at the first show they were pushing us towards tents....so I don't know if that was a temporary thing, if it changed later in the night or what.

yes I never saw her before, lol

and she is cool, just that saying that taking pics ill attract the attention of the thing seems to Encourage everyone to take pics hehehe

I strongly agree about having BJ and Animal Actor theaters empty, seems like a waste, Going to the Bettlejuice theater going to Bloodengutz house actually makes me a little depressed, they could have done dead drums on a stage

i think to have a crowd eating show like B&T it has to be something many people know, like RHPS was. it would take out just as much as B&T, dying the lines down a little bit. i think it should be in HMU theater since there's no houses around it to make there lines long, its already a horror themed stage so it wouldnt have to be shut down during the day.

the only problem i see with putting a show here are the mel/hlyd/CP SZ's being clogged afterwards, though it wouldnt be as bad as if there was a zone by B&T, where 3 houses plus the show let out.

Edited by foREVer56

After reading about the past weekend, I am scared to go on 10/9 when my RoF pass expires. I have talked my husband into going for the 4th time and he will be pissed if it is really crowded on Sunday. Any thoughts about the possible crowd on Sunday?

After reading about the past weekend, I am scared to go on 10/9 when my RoF pass expires. I have talked my husband into going for the 4th time and he will be pissed if it is really crowded on Sunday. Any thoughts about the possible crowd on Sunday?

I know Indian River County has teacher inservice so that might bring a few more people. But its still a while away. I dont expect it being too crazy. It is a sunday so it shouldnt be too bad. Im suprised to see Poe at 90 minutes last night. Last night me and my buddy were walking around around 10 and the longest line was 75 minutes this being the In-Between. We only waited about 20 minutes for each house. We skipped saws n steam and Poe because we were tight on time.

So I have heard from sources as of right now the wait times are... The Thing 30 min

Nightingales 30 min

Winters Night 30 min

Nevermore 60 min

Bloodengutz 45 min

The Forsaken 60 min

Saws n steam 60 min

The in- between 75 min

By sources do you mean the text service? If so, my sources can back it up too!

Was it crowded last night?? Cause it's seemed that last night was the first night of this event year were the houses went above 45 minutes

on thurs forsaken hit 60 nevermore hit 90 and IB hit 75. im sure Bloodengutz was above 60 as well. the times posted ^there are from 11 at night. they were probably much longer a few hours before then.

Last night (Friday) the house wait times were the longest I've seen them. I guess it's getting close to that part of the season. Though like always near the end of the night the house wait times drops really low.

I hate to say it but I enjoyed death drums back at it's old location.

Last night (Friday) the house wait times were the longest I've seen them. I guess it's getting close to that part of the season. Though like always near the end of the night the house wait times drops really low.

I hate to say it but I enjoyed death drums back at it's old location.

Me too. I really dislike where Death Drums is now. I come straight out of Grown Evil and I'm forced to wait at least 15 or 20 minutes for them to set-up. They wont even let me by. Plus, it blocks off the 7 zone too. It needs to be moved back.

I mentioned this last week, but I have some updates. A recent Universal e-mail stated that Lady Luck has left her calling in each of the houses this year. My guess is that as each of our characters from the houses (i.e. Cabot, the college students, Poe, Jonathan Hawthorn, Clarke, etc.) was presented with the number "21," it brought about a series of unfortunate events (i.e. being lost at sea and forgotten, opening another dimension, going mad, summoning spirits, summoning banshees, etc.) in the storyline. I believe we have found six of the eight.

1) Nightingales: Blood Prey - there is a deck of cards with the Ace/Queen hand showing sitting on a crate in one of the tents about half-way through

2) The Thing - there is a deck of cards with the Ace/Queen hand showing sitting on a bookshelf across from the pool table in the opening scene

3) HR Bloodengutz: Holidays of Horror - the TV station is WKNB 21 from Carey, Ohio; also, my friend says that she saw a "2" and a "1" block sitting next to each other in the Christmas room

4) Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine - there are three arches with the "No7" printed on them one after another about half-way through the house (3 x 7 = 21)

5) Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - there are 21 portraits of Annabel Lee in the room where Poe is standing on the landing (we believe this to be the 21 reference)

6) The In-Between - "No. 21" is printed on the comic book facade as you walk through the entranceway to the house

Someone mentioned that they found the secret in Winter's Night, but has not yet posted it. What did you find? We tried to count the lanterns at the base of the facade, but we are short a few. And what about The Forsaken? Any ideas? There must be a reference to "21" in those two houses as well. Universal did a good job at concealing some of their little secrets.

Me too. I really dislike where Death Drums is now. I come straight out of Grown Evil and I'm forced to wait at least 15 or 20 minutes for them to set-up. They wont even let me by. Plus, it blocks off the 7 zone too. It needs to be moved back.

although my question is, why did they move it there? what happened to make them move it

although my question is, why did they move it there? what happened to make them move it

Two things come to mind but I don't know for sure. One would be that there is a bit more space by Mel's. Second, there aren't any stones (cobble stones?) like there are over by Starbucks on the way to where the show is.

I have a question. My friends and I are printing our tickets. Are we gonna have to show my parents ID and Credit Card at the park? Because they aren't gonna be there..

No you can go straight to the gate. They always print that on there, but I think its just in case something goes wrong with your ticket.

I was talking to a random A&D member on Friday and they wouldn't tell me why they moved it, but said it would be there indefinitely. Most likely because of the Lady Luck minions with the saws are taking up that area a little bit now.

Edited by The_Bled

This years hhn was the worst one yet, all the houses stink and bill and Ted was lame again...is it just me or were all the houses way shorter to? I feel like we are reaching the point where we need to add more houses and zones or get that extreme house idea going. So tired of that stupid holiday crap...that house made me wish I didn't have eyes, give us something good universal

So if any of you didn't slog it out through the rain last night, you missed out. In the last two hours of the event at least four houses (Forsaken and all the Soundstages) were walk-ons. I did Winter's Night and Nightingales at least six times each, running back and forth between them, and even got to do Winter's Night with only two people in front of me. It was great! The only thing that sucked was not having the scarezones, though at one point they were firing off Lady Luck's screams in Your Luck Has Run Out. Tonight is my last night :(, but I'm still going to enjoy it as much as possible.