HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if anyone is out here tonight but I just finished every house and got four really good scares pretty short lines so far tonight

did you do the AP party? because its really hard to do 8 houses in 1 hour:P i did them all yesterday in just under 3 staring at 5:50 ending at 8:15

Edited by foREVer56

did you do the AP party? because its really hard to do 8 houses in 1 hour:P i did them all yesterday in just under 3 staring at 5:50 ending at 8:15

I did but I did got there at 5:50 and was done at 7:45 nightingales was a walk in at nine pm literally just walked the queue and just went in same with winters night so just about 2 hours but we sped walked between houses too =P

Your Luck Has Run Out is now my #3 scare zone overall - tonight it was my #1. Wow, they got their shit together. Masks still look awful but they added some gore to the demon masks. Pretty Lucks are getting more into it. The minions... holy shit, the minions.

Still no Luck Be A Lady (or any lyrical songs).

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person disappointed with this year, I was worried that I was just being overly pessimistic. The houses are great, but everything feels so disjointed and unlike Horror Nights to me. It's missing something, and I feel like it has to do with the scarcity of anything remotely scary or horror related in the park. There's no feeling of immersion because everything outside of the houses is spread out and the areas of the park in between the scarezones have no decoration whatsoever. It seems as if they didn't try very hard this year.

Had a great time last night.... nice weather, light crowds, great scares. Got to hang with a lot of good people & met some new ones. I'd make a list but I don't want to forgot anyone so if we hung out, ran into or met you last night then my gypsy (Shalisa) & I say "hi" & "Thank you".

I really feel that the level of detail in the houses this year is top notch. I do feel there are a few "dull" areas that could use filling with additional scare actors though. Also, the zones are missing the scale of years past. I think that 7 & Luck are a complete waste of space so I'm not bothering to even go through them anymore. I LOVE Acid Assault & Grown Evil. The actors in both zones seem to really bust their asses from what I observed. I just wish there were a few more benches in G.E. as sitting back to watch was a little ... interesting.

Also, if you go to HHN then please stop using flashes on your cameras. It really annoys me to see how many times scare actors get a bright flash point blank in their faces. I get bothered by flashes that are in my general direction as a guest so I can only image how bad it is for a scare actor.

Kudos to the majority of the event & actors this year. Can't wait for another two weeks to go by so I can be there again.

Seems like as of now 45min waits are always for the back part of the park. I'll wait 20mins but 35mins and up are a skipper. Anybody else agree?

Every time I go to HHN (from day one) seems like things keep changing for better or for worse. Though it's cool to notice the changes.

Acid Assualt- now has chainsaws( I'm sure from complaints)

Roaming Ace Guards- now near Mels (even though it's lame)

Grown Evil - much more agressive

NightMaze- sound is louder and more BAM sounds added

YLHRO- added the wheel (finally but a stupid spot for it)

Any other I'm missing?

Seems like as of now 45min waits are always for the back part of the park. I'll wait 20mins but 35mins and up are a skipper. Anybody else agree?

Every time I go to HHN (from day one) seems like things keep changing for better or for worse. Though it's cool to notice the changes.

Acid Assualt- now has chainsaws( I'm sure from complaints)

Roaming Ace Guards- now near Mels (even though it's lame)

Grown Evil - much more agressive

NightMaze- sound is louder and more BAM sounds added

YLHRO- added the wheel (finally but a stupid spot for it)

Any other I'm missing?

Acid has the saws, the Ace Guards seem to be both in Mel's (which I find pretty cool, helps fill the dead space) and in YLHRO, Grown Evil wasn't a big difference for me, Nightmaze has definitely improved audio/visually... much more disorientation, and YLHRO has in addition to the wheel had its fog toned WAY down allowing for some really sick dramatic lighting, the set pieces to be visible, a projection of the roulette wheel inside the zone, and far more aggressive actors.

The Wheel on the wall has been there since opening weekend. Most just have never noticed it. Spot on with the rest.

Zkeep is right, the wheel has been there.

Also, I really really hope GE was more aggressive last night. So much room for improvement in the zone.

Having now attended the event twice I will give some quick first impressions of the houses and zones. I will post full reviews in the appropriate threads for each later after I have gone back several more times as I have missed some of the scares due to timing issues.

1. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery - Don't even blink while visiting Master Gracy!

2. Nightingales: Blood Prey - Hey, stop horsing around with that nurse! I agree with some of the concerns about this house. No World War I veterans should go through here!

3. The Thing - Reminds me of the B-52's song "I Wanna Make Love to You Under a Strobe Light".

4. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror - mmmmmmmm, pumpkin pie... Anybody remember the old Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island???

5. Saws N Steam: Into the Machine - An Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!!! heh heh heh.

6. The Forsaken - But why is the rum gone??? The Thing is not the only John Carpenter reference this year. And the Sculders have joined the Navy!!!

7. The In-Between - The first house ever that should come with rolling papers!

8. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - "U Mad, Poe?" The return of the Peckers!!! And I love it when my April Fool's gags come true.

zones

1. Acid Assault - The effects look better when viewed from outside the zone.

2. Your Luck Will Run Out - Shadows of the Present

3. Grown Evil - Bats n Combs!!!

4. Nightmaze - Sometimes minimalism works...

5. 7 - Wait, Orgy of the Damned was just supposed to be a joke... was that Ron Jeremy!!!!

6. Canyon of Dark Souls - Makes you feel short.

Let me just say also that in spite of my silly comments I am quite enjoying this year so far.

Still have a bunch of buttons and cards. With the rain last Friday and hardly seeing anyone last night. If you see me let me know I'll give you one or the other. Will be there again tonight... and then probably next Friday or Saturday.

I tried to ask earlier, but I guess it got glanced over...

I'm purchasing tickets today, and I wanted to know if the "Scream Early" passes work in conjunction with the Rush of Fear tickets. I can't find any specific clarification on it online.

Have been avoiding checking in here since I haven't been since employee preview and we didn't do any houses that night.

Then we were debating whether or not to attend this year, but as always, going has won out.

So tomorrow evening Eric and I will be experiencing all the houses together for the first time!!!

It's taken great restraint on my part to stay away from the board...because I knew I'd be tempted to read house spoilers! :D

Now I have to make sure I'm not tempted to read anything tonight. Well, maybe I'll just sneak a little peak....

Hope to see some of you folks tomorrow!

Then we were debating whether or not to attend this year, but as always, going has won out.

So tomorrow evening Eric and I will be experiencing all the houses together for the first time!!!

It's taken great restraint on my part to stay away from the board...because I knew I'd be tempted to read house spoilers! :D

Now I have to make sure I'm not tempted to read anything tonight. Well, maybe I'll just sneak a little peak....

Hope you have lots of fun tomorrow!

Oh yes when I saw low 80s sealed the deal we will be at Universal all day tomorrow =) maybe my fiancee and I will see you

That's the kind of weather that makes being at a theme park all day enjoyable! :D

Hope we see you two tomorrow evening! (I will have some type of Key West oriented shirt on, either Margaritaville Halloween or a U.S. 1 End of the Road shirt...don't be afraid to say "hi"!)

Enjoy your time playing tourist at Uni tomorrow during the day!

That's the kind of weather that makes being at a theme park all day enjoyable! :D

Hope we see you two tomorrow evening! (I will have some type of Key West oriented shirt on, either Margaritaville Halloween or a U.S. 1 End of the Road shirt...don't be afraid to say "hi"!)

Enjoy your time playing tourist at Uni tomorrow during the day!

Thank you thank you and will look for you I will have my House Always wins/ HHN 21 hat and a blue hoodie she will have her Lady Luck shirt

Have been avoiding checking in here since I haven't been since employee preview and we didn't do any houses that night.

I'll be there for awhile tomorrow night; I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you last year, hope I can say hi tomorrow! :)

Well, I wasn't going to post all that much until I returned home but I felt the need to thank everyone for such a great night tonight. I left Thursday and Friday a little disappointed, but tonight was so exceptional that I'm even a little bit nervous that tomorrow night might taint my awesome experience. So to all you actors, keep up the great work and continue to hone your scare tactics. I believe when this year is in the books it will be looked back upon very fondly. Don't let me down! :)

Edited by BruinsFan

Having now attended the event twice I will give some quick first impressions of the houses and zones. I will post full reviews in the appropriate threads for each later after I have gone back several more times as I have missed some of the scares due to timing issues.

1. Winter's Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery - Don't even blink while visiting Master Gracy! Was that Uncle Fester? No it was Uncle Wesley, don't make him Cross!!!

2. Nightingales: Blood Prey - Hey, stop horsing around with that nurse! I agree with some of the concerns about this house. No World War I veterans should go through here!

3. The Thing - Reminds me of the B-52's song "I Wanna Make Love to You Under a Strobe Light".

4. H.R. Bloodengutz Presents: Holidays of Horror - mmmmmmmm, pumpkin pie... Anybody remember the old Fireworks Factory at Pleasure Island???

5. Saws N Steam: Into the Machine - An Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow!!! heh heh heh.

6. The Forsaken - But why is the rum gone??? The Thing is not the only John Carpenter reference this year. And the Sculders have joined the Navy!!!

7. The In-Between - The first house ever that should come with rolling papers!

8. Nevermore: The Madness of Poe - "U Mad, Poe?" The return of the Peckers!!! And I love it when my April Fool's gags come true.

zones

1. Acid Assault - The effects look better when viewed from outside the zone.

2. Your Luck Will Run Out - Shadows of the Present

3. Grown Evil - Bats n Combs!!!

4. Nightmaze - Sometimes minimalism works...

5. 7 - Wait, Orgy of the Damned was just supposed to be a joke... was that Ron Jeremy!!!!

6. Canyon of Dark Souls - Makes you feel short.

Let me just say also that in spite of my silly comments I am quite enjoying this year so far.

Nice first impression list sir. Especially the EPCOT reference for Saws N Steam. Love it... :)