HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was walking around campus today (University of Florida) between classes and saw one of the campus buses drive by with an HHN advertisement on the side. This is the first time I've ever seen that here. I was able to snap 2 pictures before it drove off.

nice photos. This is why I often bring my camera with me, especially during HHN season. today alone, i took plenty of snapshots of some of the HHN material at my local publix with my Nintendo 3DS's camera.

I'm giving serious thought about getting a FFP, but I may only be able to go twice (College does come first after all). What do you guys think, should I get one?

I'm almost positive you go to the same Community College as me...which in the case you do...that place is kind of a joke. So you can definitely equalize your play and school. I have for 4 semesters.

im almost positive HoH nd SnS are bigger than last years houses in those locations. i only say this from looking on the outside. if you look at disaster in the line the house appears to go farther back than normal and same with SnS. i speculate the thing will be longer than hades was, and forsaken will be pretty large. the tents cant change much and the other 2 ss's i have no idea.

Has anyone pick up on how each of the back stories for the most part seem to present the main "character" as having a choice to make, and the houses being the outcome of their choice?

• Holiday: Larry has a choice of continuing his acting profession by portraying HR Bloodngutz, or going into taxidermy. He chooses to continue acting and then gets fired due to low ratings, goes crazy and kills his manager
  • Nightingales: Edmond has a choice to either stay home and continue the family's dry goods business or join the army. He chooses the army and becomes prey to the banshees after being injured.
  • SnS: No character, but everyone has their choice to enter the machine, which ends in dismemberment according to the warning on the table
  • The Forsaken: not sure about a choice presented, but the flip of the coin names Columbus the leader. Cabot did have the choice of whether or not to mutiny, and his choice led to him and his crew being stricken from history
  • Winter's Night: Hawthorn and his bride had a choice of 2 properties, and whether from choosing the wrong one or from a cure the spinster they bought it from, his wife takes ill and dies.

Just what I've noticed so far. Which houses do we have left to get back stories for? The Thing and Poe? Oh, and The In Between.

Edited by faceleg

i have a few generic questions. It has been said in this thread that some of the costuming is the best that some have seen in a long time. It has also been said that the houses are longer than they have been in the recent past. My question is "Is this an exaggerated hype to get my hopes up even more for HHN, or is this completely accurate?". I have not been to the event long enough to how it is has changed (i have gone every year since HHN 16). I am not sure if it has been a decrease of attention by UNI or just a higher tolerance by me, but I feel as the event has degreased slightly. I know hhn 20 wasn't what a lot of people were anticipating, but now everyone seems even more excited than ever for 21. For instance, I hear that SnS will be longer than The orphanage from last year. I have heard that the costuming for Acid Assault will be fantastic. I know it's hard to identify these things before the event starts, but if anyone could message me or just post what they think are some differences between this year and recent HHN years it would be much appreciated. I am not trying to put down the event at all, please realize this; I absolutely love HHN, and will definitely attend it every year. It is ingrained mint my head to make this journey to Orlando annually. I have not been this excited for the event since year 18, but I would like some more justification. I don't mean to start an argument, but I would like some more insight on the event if possible.

This will be my 21st year of attending the event and I can honestly tell you that over the course of the past two decades, there have a number of ebbs and tides in terms of the overall "hype" of each year. Some years truly live up to the talk around them, others not so much. It all comes down to what you the guest expect. Don't go in expecting much of anything! For Fright Night and the early years of the event, there was not much hype surrounding it simply because it was still growing and not considered a premier Halloween event to attend. Every year since the inception of the website, guests and fans in general expect more and more. Many people view the website as a precusor as to how amazing the event will be, which obviously can lead to a serious letdown.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of HHN 18 at all...but see, you were. So it's all about your perception of the event and if the overall concept, including houses and scare zones, appeal to you or not. This year is being looked forward to by many because essentially it is the year that our event becomes "legal" so to speak; another milestone like Sweet 16 was. The "Lady Luck" theme is a strong one because it can be used in so many varying ways.

Go into the event with an open mind, don't have any preconceived notions as to what you "expect"...just expect to have fun! Even on the years which I was disappointed in regards to the theme or the location, I still enjoyed myself. In the big scheme of things, it's all about having a good time and realizing that every year can't be a year that you are absolutely in love with.

I'm almost positive you go to the same Community College as me...which in the case you do...that place is kind of a joke. So you can definitely equalize your play and school. I have for 4 semesters.

The college I go to is located an hour north of Orlando. It's not a community college, but in some ways I feel I would prefer a community college over the one I currently attend.

Edited by cwoolboy

I have created my own playlist on Youtube that consists of songs from HHN and other songs that make me think of Halloween.

Its still a work in progress, nowhere near finished with it yet. Feel free to check it out and let me kno what u think. If you think I've missed anything plz let me kno, THANKS! B)

Edited by cwoolboy

This will be my 21st year of attending the event and I can honestly tell you that over the course of the past two decades, there have a number of ebbs and tides in terms of the overall "hype" of each year. Some years truly live up to the talk around them, others not so much. It all comes down to what you the guest expect. Don't go in expecting much of anything! For Fright Night and the early years of the event, there was not much hype surrounding it simply because it was still growing and not considered a premier Halloween event to attend. Every year since the inception of the website, guests and fans in general expect more and more. Many people view the website as a precusor as to how amazing the event will be, which obviously can lead to a serious letdown.

Personally, I wasn't a fan of HHN 18 at all...but see, you were. So it's all about your perception of the event and if the overall concept, including houses and scare zones, appeal to you or not. This year is being looked forward to by many because essentially it is the year that our event becomes "legal" so to speak; another milestone like Sweet 16 was. The "Lady Luck" theme is a strong one because it can be used in so many varying ways.

Go into the event with an open mind, don't have any preconceived notions as to what you "expect"...just expect to have fun! Even on the years which I was disappointed in regards to the theme or the location, I still enjoyed myself. In the big scheme of things, it's all about having a good time and realizing that every year can't be a year that you are absolutely in love with.

*stands and applauds* Bravo!!! Couldn't have said it better myself. Every year is different and it's interesting to hear which years the fans seem to love (y'all seemed to love 15 and I was very lukewarm on it) and what falls flat for them (so much hate for poor Fear). But there's a lot to love every year! It's always a great time :D

Edited by Creeper06

You know what, you are totally right. I got so caught up in the event's popularity that I forgot why I go in the first place. IT'S FUN. I am going to walk into the event without any expectations EXCEPT for that I should be expected to have fun, and I know I will. Thanks for the words of wisdom :)

Has anyone pick up on how each of the back stories for the most part seem to present the main "character" as having a choice to make, and the houses being the outcome of their choice?

• Holiday: Larry has a choice of continuing his acting profession by portraying HR Bloodngutz, or going into taxidermy. He chooses to continue acting and then gets fired due to low ratings, goes crazy and kills his manager
  • Nightingales: Edmond has a choice to either stay home and continue the family's dry goods business or join the army. He chooses the army and becomes prey to the banshees after being injured.
  • SnS: No character, but everyone has their choice to enter the machine, which ends in dismemberment according to the warning on the table
  • The Forsaken: not sure about a choice presented, but the flip of the coin names Columbus the leader. Cabot did have the choice of whether or not to mutiny, and his choice led to him and his crew being stricken from history
  • Winter's Night: Hawthorn and his bride had a choice of 2 properties, and whether from choosing the wrong one or from a cure the spinster they bought it from, his wife takes ill and dies.

Just what I've noticed so far. Which houses do we have left to get back stories for? The Thing and Poe? Oh, and The In Between.

So now with the 2 new back stories:

• The In Between: Louis (?) has the choice of playing the game or returning it to his professor. He plays the game and is pulled into the In Between
  • The Thing: not sure, lol

It's in the audio clip. An aircraft has issued a distress call and Air Traffic Control responds by telling them to either land at the Norwegian Research Base or return to the airfield. The pilot unfortunately decides to land at the Research Base...

Ah, I didn't get to listen to it very well. Recap:

• The Forsaken: The flip of the coin names Columbus the leader. Cabot did have the choice of whether or not to mutiny, and his choice led to him and his crew being stricken from history
  • The Thing: An aircraft has issued a distress call and Air Traffic Control responds by telling them to either land at the Norwegian Research Base or return to the airfield. The pilot unfortunately decides to land at the Research Base...
  • The In Between: Louis (?) has the choice of playing the game or returning it to his professor. He plays the game and is pulled into the In Between

Edited by faceleg

Ok here's a question for you veterans of the event. When do they usually give this years event it's title. Last year was "20 Years of Fear, HHN 19 was "Ripped from the Silver Screen" etc but so far I dont think I've heard an official title for this one. Or have I missed something really obvious lol?

Ok here's a question for you veterans of the event. When do they usually give this years event it's title. Last year was "20 Years of Fear, HHN 19 was "Ripped from the Silver Screen" etc but so far I dont think I've heard an official title for this one. Or have I missed something really obvious lol?

It's what's on the print ad; "Come Try Your Luck."

With a week till the event I doubt they'll release an event title now. It's like 2004, it had a tagline but no title.

Anyone have anything they would liked asked tonight of A&D?

Ask them if they're going to have an Extreme House this year!

Ha ha ha, just kidding.

Ask them about if there will ever be a 2-park HHN again...and if the Suess Estate has anything to do with them not having it at IOA any more.

That's a selfish question on my part as we asked TJ at the VIP event last year and he told us, flat out, that there is no reason, inlcuding Suess, to stop them from having it at both parks in the future...and if the theme/event was better served having it in both parks again, they wouldn't hesitate to do it.

I've posted that about 15 times, but nobody believes me and SWEARS by the Suess story even though TJ flat out denied that to me and my 5 friends last year.

Oh. I was pretty sure it was "Your Luck Has Run Out", but I might be wrong. That just seems like the line they've been pushing all month.

There's a difference between a tagline and a title.

Halloween Horror Nights 15: Tales of Terror - Title

No One will live happily ever after - Tagline

Edited by Karras