HHN 21 Discussion

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the best site we've had in years, LOVE how it's laid out and how the roulette wheel is used to introduce us to the houses and zones. I think that every house and zone sounds different and unique, It's hard to choose which ones I'm looking forward to most but if you tied me to a roulette wheel and forced me to I'd have to say for houses I'm looking forward most to The In-Between mainly because I've never been through a 3D maze before (I'm predicting Nightingale will be the house of the year since, to me at least, it has the most interesting premise) and for zones I'd have to say Nightmaze, 7, and Your Luck Just Ran Out to be the most intriguing (I smell a possible stage show for the Luck zone) with 7 being the one I'm looking forward to the most (wonder how they'll do the whole by day they are beautiful, by night they are evil thing since most of the event takes place when its night). Either way I think the whole event has strong potential, HHn has yet to let me down but I'm hoping this is the first year where they truly go ALL OUT!!! HERE'S TO A GREAT EVENT, SEE YOU THERE!

Kind of random but has anyone heard anything about the Passholder Previews this year?

It's on the website when you go into the "Annual Passholders" ticket area, scroll all the way down.

"Sep. 23, 24, 30 and Oct. 1, 5:00PM - 6:30PM

Exclusive Passholder early access to THREE houses!"

My thoughts on each house, Scarezone, and Show for this year. (It's gonna get a bit long)

HOUSES

NIGHTINGALES: BLOOD PREY- My my does this sound AWESOME and AMAZING! I wonder how these "Nightingales" will look?? Will they be pretty, terrifying, maybe even both??? CAN'T WAIT!!!

H.R BLOODENGUTZ PRESENTS HOLIDAYS OF HORROR- Love how their incorporating a (made-up)classic cheesy late night tv horror host into HHN. However, not sure how I feel about the whole holiday angle. Anyways, BRING ON THE CHEESE!!! INTERESTED

SAWS N' STEAM: INTO THE MACHINE- This house marks the first time that HHN has turned a (pretty successful and popular) scarezone into a house. I am interested to see how they will handle this, it will take a lot more than spinning blades, etc to scare me. Hope they give this one some backstory. That said, I do love me some steampunk!! APPREHENSIVE, BUT INTRIGUED NONTHELESS

THE THING- Huge fan of the original Thing film, this house is based on the upcoming prequel film. 2009's The Wolfman house was a huge success that perfectly captured the atmosphere of the remake, I can only hope HHN does not drop the ball on this one. APPREHENSIVE, BUT INTRIGUED NONTHELESS.

WINTER'S NIGHT: THE HAUNTING OF HAWTHORN CEMETARY- Hoping that this one has some constant snow effects as implied by the description on the site. Love the idea of a haunted cemetery, if done right the atmopshere could be truly top-notch here. PRETTY EXCITED

NEVERMORE: THE MADNESS OF POE- LOVE Edgar Allen Poe. Wonder what works would be included in the house, I would hope the Masque of the Red Death and The Casque of Amontillado would make an appearance. PRETTY EXCITED

THE FORSAKEN- Interesting premise for the house, LOVE how some intense weather effects may be witnessed here (Strobe for lightinng, some strong winds, perhaps even some rain). That said, it's yet ANOTHER ghost house of sorts. Can't say I'm excited for this one (wasn't excited for Havoc last year, and that ended up being the best house in YEARS! shows how much I know), but I'll probably try to give it a glimpse. WORTH A PEEK I SUPPOSE

THE IN-BETWEEN- FINALLY, a 3D house!!!! This will mark my first time ever walking through a 3D Haunted House and thus, I'm pretty psyched (not to mention the idea of stepping into another fiendish, twisted dimension interests me to no end). I think I smell win. PRETTY EXCITED

SCAREZONES

ACID ASSAULT: Ehhh. Not much info to digest here. Hopefully this zone will include water/rain effects and I'm expecting the scareactors here to have some pretty grusome blisters on them. I suppose this could be an interesting zone, but it could also end up being another contamination (shudders). APPREHENSIVE, BUT INTRIGUED NONTHLESS

CANYON OF DARK SOULS- I wonder how they shall incorporate the whole "being quite" aspect into this zone. That said, I LOVE the premise and can't wait to see how the atmosphere is and how the scareactors look. CAN'T WAIT!

GROWN EVIL- The premise actually does sound somewhat interesting and there is only one logical place for this zone to go: in the shady, tree lined street that leads to the Hollywood area of the park. I suppose most call this Central Park. It's good to see this small area finally getting some TLC from HHN. The past few years it's been decorated with wonderfully creepy Jack O' Lanterns and flickering lights. The area is already creepy and atmospheric enough that HHn doesn't have to do all that much (but I hope they do). Just the fact that zone will (hopefully) be in this area excites me to NO END!!! LET IT BEGIN!!! EXTREMELY PSYCHED!

7- Wow! I can't help but wonder why they put the daylight part in here since most of the event takes place at night. True for the first hour or so it is light out, so maybe that's what their talking about? I can't help but hope (foolish as it seems) that this zone will be open during the day. Either way, the idea of beautiful, sexy, evil females on the hunt after me....I'm not gonna lie, that's pretty hot. And I can only wonder what they mean by temptations? EXTREMELY PSYCHED!

NIGHTMAZE- I'm not gonna lie, this one sounds truly terrifying. An all black maze that morphs and changes as you walk through it...God, I peed myself just thinking about it. I'm confident that this maze will go into Shrek Alley as the pillars and walls there includes wheels. PRETTY PSYCHED!

YOUR LUCK JUST RAN OUT- I hope there's a mini-stage show in this zone so we can watch Lady Luck (our icon/hostess for the event) do her thing. It sounds like we may be presented with choices in this zone, good way to make the event interactive HHN!!! I can't wait to finally shake hands with Luck!! EXCITED!

SHOWS

BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT HALLOWEEN ADVENTURE- This show has been a staple of HHN since opening year. that said, it's usually a hit or miss. Some shows have been most excellent and others have been Non Non Heinious. Either way I'll most definitely be visiting this show while I'm there! Be excellent to each other and PARTY ON DUDES!!! EXCITED!

DEATH DRUMS- Seductive, huh? Maybe this show will include some sexy, scantily clad females? Not to mention, I've always had a thing for drums. I'll have to investigate further. INTERESTED

On a sidenote: I'm officially 21 so this will be my first time I'll be consuming alcohol at the event, adding a whole new element to the event I've never experienced before. I am (needless to say ) MOST EXCITED!

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the event. It seems to be shaping up to be another HHN 18: another year full of new, different, original, and unique concepts and themes. Here's to a great event, I'll see YOU there!!!! Till then feel free to try your luck while you're at HHN 21, but remember, the House always wins.

Edited by cwoolboy

SCAREZONES

ACID ASSAULT: Ehhh. Not much info to digest here. Hopefully this zone will include water/rain effects and I'm expecting the scareactors here to have some pretty grusome blisters on them. I suppose this could be an interesting zone, but it could also end up being another contamination (shudders). APPREHENSIVE, BUT INTRIGUED NONTHLESS

I think is going to be the same as Apocalypse City of Cannibals using Containment looking masks , This year sounds amazing, except for this scarezone, <_<

hopefully everything else will be amazing,

Edited by black mask

This year looks even better than last! The scarezones are so unique too. Grown Evil, Nightmaze, and Canyon of Dark Souls should be unlike anything we've seen in the streets for a while. Has anyone made an updated map yet?

What do you guys think about Death Drums? Will it be a street show, or a sit down show in the Beetlejuice theater?

Holy shit this is going to be a fucking amazing year. Every house intrigues me, every scare zone intrigues me (Acid rain doesn't mean blisters, guys! We may be looking at something more like Fright Yard than anything!), I am excited.

Also, good on this forum for actually managing to figure out a lot of this stuff (especially the houses) before the reveal happened! You guys all rock. :3

I think is going to be the same as Apocalypse City of Cannibals using Containment looking masks , This year sounds amazing, except for this scarezone, <_<

hopefully everything else will be amazing,

It will be more than the scareactors that will be melting in this rain.

One word for this year... Original. I love how everything is a new concept. Not that I don't like Dracula or Zombies but this all seems very creative and fresh. I can't wait for this year. I just have one question... Where is Lady Luck's house????

Edited by LuitaChris

One word for this year... Original. I love how everything is a new concept. Not that I don't like Dracula or Zombies but this all seems very creative and fresh. I can't wait for this year. I just have one question... Where is Lady Luck's house????

She doesn't have one.

Just like a few of us have been saying.

Everyone happy I trust?

Laz, I'm super stoked! But, it's the internet, so some people will never be happy. Even if they are pleased with how the event looks, they have to pretend not to be in order to keep their cool persona in tact. I really don't understand how people can already be saying they're disappointed in houses or zones that they won't see for close to a month.

Fear didn't have a house, so that's fine. The event does sound original, finally, which is refreshing. The horrendous icon (why even bother at this point with one) has a scare zone.