HHN XXI Speculation II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool as I find the red buttons, I think replacing scare actors with guest-activated effects (which are probably going to have iffy reliability) isn't the best idea - they work better as a supplement if Pyschoscareay is any indication. I guess I'll wait to see the execution before passing judgement, but I did not find the previous red button "scary" - just a cool little easter egg.

So now we know we have a poe house we should re-look at our known Code names!

Sprung Tent 2

Blackjack Dealer

Bug Eye

Seagull

Wing

Cards

Interrogator

Aristo Dead

Writer

Found at HHNRumor's Cast page, of course!

Hmmmmmmm.

As cool as I find the red buttons, I think replacing scare actors with guest-activated effects (which are probably going to have iffy reliability) isn't the best idea - they work better as a supplement if Pyschoscareay is any indication. I guess I'll wait to see the execution before passing judgement, but I did not find the previous red button "scary" - just a cool little easter egg.

They aren't really replacing a scare actor. They're an added bonus. Like that one time when you got an onion ring in your french fries.

They aren't really replacing a scare actor. They're an added bonus. Like that one time when you got an onion ring in your french fries.

Someone earlier noted that they were a way of ditching a scare actor or so per house, an idea supported by the lesser amounts of people hired this year. PWT said he could confirm this.

So now we know we have a poe house we should re-look at our known Code names!

Sprung Tent 2

Blackjack Dealer

Bug Eye

Seagull

Wing

Cards

Interrogator

Aristo Dead

Writer

Found at HHNRumor's Cast page, of course!

Hmmmmmmm.

Heather already posted what is a probably spot-on explaination of the roles.

Bug Eye could be the Old man from Poe's "A Tell-Tale Heart."

Seagull could be Annabel Lee from Poe's "Annabel Lee."

Or think of another creature of the avian persuasion... cough... look left... cough

Also I will +1 that there will be more red buttons and that the picture is only implying such... not the presidential part.

Also after seeing the construction for myself I am far less certain about the projection thing... and far more confused with the method of construction.

Someone earlier noted that they were a way of ditching a scare actor or so per house, an idea supported by the lesser amounts of people hired this year. PWT said he could confirm this.

To an extent. Do not expect to see full houses with only 50% actors and tons of buttons. Just a very small amount.

I don't think their going to replace a bunch of scareactors with the buttons but I do think there may be a button or two in every house and maybe 1 or 2 less scareactors in the house. The only reason I say this is because it's apparent they haven't hired as many people this year. The buttons or auto prompt scares could be used to mask the fact that there are less scareactors per house.

Why is there a piece of street construction in the entrance Queue for SS23a ???

We discussed this a little in the B&T speculation thread while talking about the possible location of the new show.

With the street zone being extended down that part of NY, it means most likely queue lines will be entering and exiting in new locations.

Edited by MrBungle

Idk if anyone said this yet but it looks like they are using the scarezones from last year for houses for this year like we were given hints last year for this years event such as the coven the cult of the raven could be the poe house and the and saws n steam for the saws and steam house and esqulete is the possiable spanish house that's it but just my thoughts

Sent from my DROID3

Idk if anyone said this yet but it looks like they are using the scarezones from last year for houses for this year like we were given hints last year for this years event such as the coven the cult of the raven could be the poe house and the and saws n steam for the saws and steam house and esqulete is the possiable spanish house that's it but just my thoughts

Sent from my DROID3

Fun thought, but this isn't the case. We already know what all the houses are and S&S is the only SZ to become a house.

Edited by MrBungle

I thought the same Sarah, I'm thinking that "president" room has to tie in with the WWI house possibly?

No chance. The WW1 house will take place in or near a combat zone in Europe. It won't have an Oval Office room. The photo was most likely taken in Disaster's President's Day or Fourth of July room.

I was wondering that myself. It almost looks like there's somebody lying down in there.

Hmm, agreed. Body, possibly wrapped in a sheet(?) laying with the head on the right-hand side maybe. Also, can't tell if in the background it's the other side of the furnace we see in front or another furnace. Definitely intriguing.

Cleaned up a bit. We have a lot of new posters. Welcome!

So I think it's time for a little update so we can all be on the same page and not have endless pages of correction.

Parade - Columbus/shipwreck house, relates to the loose cannon game, and also relates to the Orange card.

Sprung 1 - Demon House, relates to Certain Rune game, and also relates to green card.

Sprung 2 - Poe house, relates to the the don't judge a book game, and the dark blue card

Jaws queue - Saws and Steam, relates to the machine game, and the red card.

Disaster queue - TV/Late Night Horror/holidays house, relates to the channel surfing game, and the Sienna colored card.

SS 22 - Deals with the cemetery/Lady Hawthorne house, the key game, and the light blue card.

SS 23 - The Thing, game unknown, card unknown.

SS - 23 - relates to WWI house, most likely deals with vampire nurses, the incoming game, and the purple card

Nothing is officially confirmed for SZ details except some colorful characters in Hollywood, stilts in IFB, and the rat lady in NY.

Cleaned up a bit. We have a lot of new posters. Welcome!

So I think it's time for a little update so we can all be on the same page and not have endless pages of correction.

Parade - Columbus/shipwreck house, relates to the loose cannon game, and also relates to the Orange card.

Sprung 1 - Demon House, relates to Certain Rune game, and also relates to green card.

Sprung 2 - Poe house, relates to the the don't judge a book game, and the dark blue card

Jaws queue - Saws and Steam, relates to the machine game, and the red card.

Disaster queue - TV/Late Night Horror/holidays house, relates to the channel surfing game, and the Sienna colored card.

SS 22 - Deals with the cemetery/Lady Hawthorne house, the key game, and the light blue card.

SS 23 - The Thing, game unknown, card unknown.

SS - 23 - relates to WWI house, most likely deals with vampire nurses, the incoming game, and the purple card

Nothing is officially confirmed for SZ details except some colorful characters in Hollywood, stilts in IFB, and the rat lady in NY.

Interesting speculation so far! I find it odd that both events are doing a Poe house.