Liquor at Horror Nights

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite HHN watering hole?

• Margaritaville
    • Bob Marley's : A Tribute
    • Drink Cart/Stands
    • Finnegans!
    • Fat Tuesdays
    • Cigarz

barpic.jpg

So lets have it!

For all you HHN vets and HHN newcomers where do you like to wet your whistle. Do you drink in the parks or do you drink in Citywalk? Is there a certain drink you guys like to drink, or do you pretty much just stick to beer. I'm looking to see if anyone has anywhere they recommend or anything they drink on tradition. I'm one of those people that purely stick to Strongbow and Guiness but I wanted to expand my horizons, so any input is good input!

I chose fat tuesdays for the 190 octane. It's good and does the trick. Then once I get inside the gate I will always take a shot so I can get the shot glass and then I will get a beer in the blinky cup. That's all I ever drink when I'm at HHN. I always go for a straight shot and beer because neither is watered down.

I chose fat tuesdays for the 190 octane. It's good and does the trick. Then once I get inside the gate I will always take a shot so I can get the shot glass and then I will get a beer in the blinky cup. That's all I ever drink when I'm at HHN. I always go for a straight shot and beer because neither is watered down.

I might have to try that this year!

I chose finnigans. I love a good grateful dead at Finnigans, and/or a few shots..depending on my mood ^_^

Pre-gaming at Fat Tuesdays is always the best bang for the buck. 190 octane+shot and you're good for a while. Stay away from in park mixed drinks unless you're ordering a double or you know a bartender. Beer is always a safe bet as welll. Strongbow and Guinness.....why didn't we hang out more? :lol:

Edited by mz_
Content.

I tend to drink at Cigarz before the event, but my second place for a before the event drink is Fat Tuesdays. I enjoy the Eye Candy mixed with Rum Runner. In the park my drink of choice is the classic Rum and Coke if I'm not feeling like drinking beer.

I'm going to be 21 this year, so all these tips are greatly appreciated :P

I always go to Margaritaville before the event for dinner so I always assumed it would be my watering hole of sorts for the pre-event festivities. Anybody have any better suggestions for the birthday girl? :D

Finnegans because they have a variety of booze. I'm not a big pregamer.... I get drunk early, and I have a tendency to want to sleep on benches, and I leave that to the pros! (:

Whoa! People actually sleep on benches? That's just crazy!

Some posts above been edited for content and/or removed, I'm sure the ones that posted know why.

Yeah, i'm incredibly happy that Senortico mentioned Flaming Dr. Peppers, they're my second favorite drink, right behind Liquid Cocaine. Plus, I never would've realized that Cigarz even had drinks.

Cigarz is actually the best (and only "true") bar at CityWalk. There's no food to draw in people who aren't interested in drinking. The wife and I regularly drive to the other side of town just to hang out there. It has the feel of a hole-in-the-wall dive-bar, only with full liquor selection and generous pours. Honestly, it should be on the list, as its the only place (other than drink carts during special events) that I drink at Uni.

Cigarz is a wonderful little hole-in-the-wall bar that's my favorite place for an HHN pregame. I make it a point to stop in a drown a couple of pints each time I go to HHN.

The more I hear about this place the more I want to go. I'll be sure to check it out at some point this year.

Mae