Liquor at Horror Nights

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite HHN watering hole?

• Margaritaville
    • Bob Marley's : A Tribute
    • Drink Cart/Stands
    • Finnegans!
    • Fat Tuesdays
    • Cigarz

I've never had a problem with the 190 Octane. I like the taste of the Eye Candy more though. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pre-game with Fat Tuesdays and Cigarz this year, cause I post-gamed with Fat Tuesdays last year and it was not wise. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Finnegans because they have a variety of booze. I'm not a big pregamer.... I get drunk early, and I have a tendency to want to sleep on benches, and I leave that to the pros! (:

I agree, I like to drink early myself at Finnigans, I do it every year, and then hit the houses. Being a Six foot two guy, I tend to not attract the attention of the scare actors due to my A: being a guy and B: being a good sized guy that looks like he can handle himself. Soooooo, getting some booze in me early at least helps with startles, no so much scares! Plus its fun to catch up with all the other fans from this site that I tend to see only once a year. Plus, JAN is a great bartender there!

...Mike

Cigarz definitely gets my vote. Their beers are fairly priced, and like everyone else has stated it's not usually very crowded.

Finnegan's is another favorite solely for having Guiness on tap. I did try the bar upstairs at NBA City the year before last and It was good, but not somewhere I'd feel the need to go regularly.

Problem with Cigarz is ONE STINKING bathroom! If it is crowded, it is a freaking nightmare getting to use it. I have shared the bathroom with a girl on the toilet and me on the pisser (not that I was complaining that much about the incident), but you would think Universal would have a little more bathroom space for a bar!

Problem with Cigarz is ONE STINKING bathroom! If it is crowded, it is a freaking nightmare getting to use it. I have shared the bathroom with a girl on the toilet and me on the pisser (not that I was complaining that much about the incident), but you would think Universal would have a little more bathroom space for a bar!

There are other bathrooms around Citywalk. I know that there is one RIGHT below Cigarz and I think that there bathrooms in the food court.

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out Cigarz last night while I was at City Walk. Pretty impressed with the place truthfully, they have a great selection of beer, had Guinness, Magners, Sierra Nevada IPA, and a few others on tap. Saw 32oz PBR for 2.75 which was pretty stellar for being at the park. Bartenders are pretty liberal with their shot pours as well. Definitely going to hit this place up before HHN

I checked out Cigarz as well when I was at Citywalk, and it looked like a nice place to go as long as it doesn't get crowded. I also stopped by Fat Tuesday on my 21st birthday last week and their drinks are very strong and taste amazing. Prices are about the same as the event drink in the park, but you might only need one if you go there!

Last year my precious under-ager friends pre-gamed in the car and I brought a flask to help strengthen the drinks in the park. :P But beer from the carts was pretty reasonable for the situation. However; pregaming at city walk sounds like a better idea. I'm definitely going to try Fat Tuesdays for sure, that 190 octane drink sounds legit! I think I went a total of 8 times last year and was only total sober once due to being the DD. (safety first!) ;) But every other time it wasn't hard to get a little tipsay there via drink carts or a flask or pre-game before. Definitely made the nights better in my opinion, took the edge off of my nerves until I went through the houses enough to know what was coming, haha! Waiting in the lines didn't seem as bad a little under the influence or literally with a drink. Plus who can turn down a blinky light flashy cup from the event. I still have mine from last year and few I inherited from my old roommates. :):lol:

Bob Marley's is our pre-event drinking locale since Citywalk opened, good drinks, great food = great combo. Sometimes if we get there early enough, we'll hit the Lone Palm for Margaritas and Landshark, then work our way to Bob's.

Inside the park, whatever the signature drink is typically our cocktail for the evening....and then there's always a trip to Finnegan's for my beloved Guinness. Although last year Smirnoff Ice became my friend as well. He was a good friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully I get to pass by Marley's and actually eat something. Maybe grab a Red Stripe.

I highly recommend the Buffalo Soldier wings and the Wailer of a Runner (rum runner)...and of course, a very cold Red Stripe is never a bad option either... :D

• 9 months later...

This is my usual... It is more or less the signature drink found during UNI's annual HHN & Mardi Gras events.... only on steroids & not a pre-mix.

yxXek.jpg

Whats in it:

- Malibu Rum

- Captain Morgan Rum

- Myers Rum

- Orange Juice

- Pineapple Juice

- Grenadine

- Monster Energy Drink

Edited by WESKER69
  • Like 2

I'm looking forward to our annual drinking time of year. Bob Marley's opening weekend, Finnegan's for Guiness and then the random drink here, there and everywhere.

I think I can hear my liver saying "Crap it's almost that time of the year isn't it?" :)