Liquor at Horror Nights

77 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite HHN watering hole?

• Margaritaville
    • Bob Marley's : A Tribute
    • Drink Cart/Stands
    • Finnegans!
    • Fat Tuesdays
    • Cigarz

• 2 weeks later...

There is a place over near Universal called World of Beers, I highly recommend trying them. Here's a link to their website:

http://wobusa.com/Lo...DrPhillips.aspx

It's a wonderful place, a mecca for beer lovers like myself... :)

Do they have the Sunday Ticket? We're always looking for different places to watch football on Sunday when we're there.

Yeap, I am pretty sure they do! :) Football and about every conceivable beer known to man...

http://wobusa.com/Lo...otball2012.aspx

Awesome Thanks! I started looking at the locations and stuff and it didn't bring up any other specific things on Sunday for Football on the Events Calander. Most places up here have the "Sunday Ticket on XXXX Screens" all over their Sunday if they have it. Looks like we'll be trying a new place out for Sunday Football Viewing this year :)

So glad I found this thread. I was going to have a pre-event drink at Margaritaville, then just get drinks at the drink stands throughout the night. But after hearing the recommendations of Finnegan's, I think I will go there for my alcohol needs. I have walked by the restaurant many times but have never eaten or had a drink there.

What I want to know is where is the cheapest place to drink? This is the first year I'll be able to (Legally) drink... So I'm gunna do my drunkest

EDIT: Is the World of Beers in Citywalk? or just near the garage?

World of Beer isn't on Universal property, it is located about ten minutes away in the Dr. Phillips area.

There really isn't hands down a "cheapest" place to drink, it's all about where you can get the best drinks for your money. In the studios, Finnegan's has an excellent selection of beers and the mixed drinks are strong.

And do us all a favor as a freshly minted legal drinker...don't be that person who throws up in a queue line. I actually had someone who just turned 21 and got their drink on a little too heavily turned around and barfed on my shoes in a queue line two years ago. Not exactly the night I had planned...you don't want to be known as "that" person ;)

No not me, I hold my alcohol quite well. I don't make a fool either. I brought a friend in 09' who got so drunk it ruined the experience. I don't want to be that guy.

Thanks for the advice thou.. I have wanted to check out the bars for awhile now.. Just haven't been since March.

Most of the CityWalk bars have some kind of drink special during HHN. And if you show your ticket stub you can get into most of the clubs free as well on selected nights.

Cigarz and NASCAR both seem to have fairly good drink specials. If you are looking for a good dinner and drinks, I recommend Bob Marley's or Margaritaville.

What I want to know is where is the cheapest place to drink? This is the first year I'll be able to (Legally) drink... So I'm gunna do my drunkest

In the complex, Cigarz is easily the cheapest.

The TGI Fridays across Kirkman has good deals if you sit at the bar between 4 - 7 (or from 10 - 2).

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'm going to check out this "World of Beer" on my visit. My #1 Complaint with Citywalk has always been that if you want decent craft beer - You are pretty much out of luck. WOB even has a Weyerbacher Night tonight it seems.. (9/29/12)

At home I have two of there beers in my Kegerator - Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin and Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA... Good stuff

• 3 weeks later...