HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

Jeff Goldblum used the "Rumors of my death," line last year when it was trending that he had died in New Zealand. It's a fairly common expression when there is a misconception that someone is missing, in trouble, or dead. Shoot, I've paraphrased it in conversation before, not even realizing it was Twain. Again, there was suspicion that Emeric had gotten locked down and couldn't speak out (or figuratively "died"). He was (most-likely) simply informing us that the rumors (speculation) of his death (lock-down) have been greatly exaggerated (not true).

His hints last year weren't that convoluted where the focus was on the source but were rather focused on the content. Fearman posted all the clues from last year (again) if you need a point of reference. You can even look at Emeric's quote last year regarding a return to Shadybrook as a perfect example:

One may be encouraged to learn that they may have one final opportunity to fly over the cuckoo's nest.

It's directly referencing a book ("One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest") but the hint has nothing to do with the fact that it's a book. It's all about the content of that book (which takes place in a mental hospital).

If the "Rumors" statement is a hint of anything, I would say, "Look, there's 'death' again."

I am fond of the idea of the "Tom Sawyer and the Undead" treatment. Shoot, they could just do one house with that and "Huckleberry Finn and Undead Jim". The horror 'revisions' of classic lit are so popular currently, that I can't see why they wouldn't go for the 'Classics + Zombies/Vampires/Sea Monsters" theme. It would allow for great sets and costumes, plus keep HHN hip and trendy (something they seem to be more concerned about than most haunted events).

Personally, I believe Pride and Prejudice and Zombies would be AWESOME.

Mae

Jeff Goldblum used the "Rumors of my death," line last year when it was trending that he had died in New Zealand. It's a fairly common expression when there is a misconception that someone is missing, in trouble, or dead. Shoot, I've paraphrased it in conversation before, not even realizing it was Twain. Again, there was suspicion that Emeric had gotten locked down and couldn't speak out (or figuratively "died"). He was (most-likely) simply informing us that the rumors (speculation) of his death (lock-down) have been greatly exaggerated (not true).

His hints last year weren't that convoluted where the focus was on the source but were rather focused on the content. Fearman posted all the clues from last year (again) if you need a point of reference. You can even look at Emeric's quote last year regarding a return to Shadybrook as a perfect example:

It's directly referencing a book ("One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest") but the hint has nothing to do with the fact that it's a book. It's all about the content of that book (which takes place in a mental hospital).

If the "Rumors" statement is a hint of anything, I would say, "Look, there's 'death' again."

While reading through the thread, I just happened to notice that Twain was cited twice and it sparked my curiosity. I am aware (as I have followed the speculation thread previous to this year's event) and will agree with you that Emeric's clues in the past have emphasized on the context of a quote; whether it be obtained from a book, portion of a speech, poem (i.e. Don Marquis' "The Haunted" in reference to a post by Emeric this year) or any other work cited. Hence, I am in agreement that is not necessarily the source material which is of importance.

Indeed, both of the quotes reference Death and I did elaborate on this recurring theme in my reply to a fellow member of the site.

As I had stated beforehand it just happened to catch my eye. Furthermore, my posts never stated that Twain's works would concretely and literally influence or be present at this year's event due to Emeric quoting Twain a second time. It was purely an observation on my behalf.

Edited by Sweetdevotchka09

Emeric's newest tweet:

"The time has come for this incarnation to evanesce. Goodbye."

What do you think this means? Speculate away.

Emeric's newest tweet:

What do you think this means? Speculate away.

I'd like to think it's A&D practicing what they preach....a NEW era means saying goodbye to the past. Our friend Emeric is the past...

even the ties to him need to be severed to proceed into the darkness. Onward...

Edited by keeper

It could be reminding us that the past "incarnation" of HHN is truly gone. Or he might be dropping the Emeric Belasco handle for a new disguise.

Either way, I do not currently believe that Emeric (whoever he may be) is gone.

The Time Has Come = Caretaker reference? AKA, icons are truly gone...

I agree that this likely means Emeric will be using a new identity for his info... it's too easy as it stands...

Good thought. This goes back to the theme of Death taking a new form this year.

Emeric appeared last yea on this forum, twitter and facebook. Everyone was very skeptical of him until the things he said all began to fall into place. People on here will find out somehow when a new source comes up but everyone will most likely be skeptical of him again until things he says become reality.

On a personal note the other day I said I might not be down this year and I'm glad to report that things have fallen into place and I will be down for sure sometime between the middle and end of October for a week or 2. I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few of you and having drinks some night before the event.

Yes it did and it was considered late... We all attributed that to HP...

However rumor has it things will be slightly different this year. :)

Emeric appeared last year on this forum.

Actually the first I remember of him was his employee preview videos from '09... I believe the actual clues came early last year. But I don't think we need worry ourselves with Emeric anymore.

Edited by JWFearman

Yes over at a certain Social Network my own cat, BOB, embarrassed me by predicting the site's update next week in a slightly different form, whereas I had been certain it was to update before this past Tuesday.

Now if only I can find out where she gets her info from. Cats are sneaky.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Actually the first I remember of him was his employee preview videos from '09... I believe the actual clues came early last year. But I don't think we need worry ourselves with Emeric anymore.

Your right I totally forgot the EP videos.

so....any talk about the teaser site yet....??!?!? sorry if this has been mentioned...

It should be launching anytime now, but no official date.