HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

LOL wouldn't be surprising :P

at this point I'm expceting a splash screen in 6 days give or take.

No real solid hints, no leaks, no updates, no movement on the permits... bleh.

Edited by JWFearman

I think it may have to do with what happened in 2001. I mean, if they have to change something around last minute they dont want to give away everything too soon so that people expect one thing and then get another.

Plus a gradual build gives us all reasons to be on here at 1 A.M waiting for updates :P

Edited by _Veritas_

2001? We didn't have a forum until 2005.

Did you mean 2008?

It's one thing to find out the entire event... and completely another just to gives us clues.

Of course I tell my wife no clues, no hints, don't let me touch the box, and don't let me know where/when you got it (it regards to presents, etc.) because I will figure it out if it can be figured out without really trying too. The mind works on it without conscience effort.

But MOST of the fun of HHN for me is trying to figure it out. Oddly three nights into the event I'm pretty much done. It's the secrets and clues that keep me here until the reveal. After the reveal, I don't stay around to much until after I've been.

Edited by JWFearman

2001? We didn't have a forum until 2005.

Did you mean 2008?

It's one thing to find out the entire event... and completely another just to gives us clues.

Of course I tell my wife no clues, no hints, don't let me touch the box, and don't let me know where/when you got it (it regards to presents, etc.) because I will figure it out if it can be figured out without really trying too. The mind works on it without conscience effort.

But MOST of the fun of HHN for me is trying to figure it out. Oddly three nights into the event I'm pretty much done. It's the secrets and clues that keep me here until the reveal. After the reveal, I don't stay around to much until after I've been.

I think the person was referring to original plans with Eddie as the icon and the original plans pre-9/11 versus the event we were actually given, toned down and with Jack instead. But... I think that situation was quite different. I have no clue when information was given about the 2001 event. In hindsight we all know the story... I was only 16 at the time, so I have no recollection of how it actually played out.

I think the person was referring to original plans with Eddie as the icon and the original plans pre-9/11 versus the event we were actually given, toned down and with Jack instead. But... I think that situation was quite different. I have no clue when information was given about the 2001 event. In hindsight we all know the story... I was only 16 at the time, so I have no recollection of how it actually played out.

The information was actually released at the end of August, about 2 weeks before 9/11. The changes to scarezones and houses were announced about 10 days later. They never "announced" the removal of Eddie. That just gradually happened.

LOL wouldn't be surprising :P

at this point I'm expceting a splash screen in 6 days give or take.

No real solid hints, no leaks, no updates, no movement on the permits... bleh.

Maybe we're just getting them later than usual?

As for website updates, it should not be much longer, I was linking the ticket info from last years web site

to a friend, (I have done so a couple of times recently) now it says the link

you were looking for has been redesigned. It then takes you to the home page of last years site.

Edited by Reaper
Moved from Website Update thread

Mr. Timeout's latest "hint" if any one hasn't seen it: "Seems to me like this will be an anniversary for more then just the event as a whole..." not sure if we're able to trust him yet but here are my thoughts.

We could see Eddie this year. This is highly unlikely because of the "banishment" of past icons as well as the possible gambling theme, but I figure "anniversary" could mean Eddie's 10th year anniversary.

Is this the possibility of another Scary Tales house, this is also Scary Tales' 10th anniversary but this is also highly unlikely due the New Era, but its good to dream.

But who knows, I'm sure someone can read into this better than I can.

Mr. Timeout's latest "hint" if any one hasn't seen it: "Seems to me like this will be an anniversary for more then just the event as a whole..." not sure if we're able to trust him yet but here are my thoughts.

We could see Eddie this year. This is highly unlikely because of the "banishment" of past icons as well as the possible gambling theme, but I figure "anniversary" could mean Eddie's 10th year anniversary.

Is this the possibility of another Scary Tales house, this is also Scary Tales' 10th anniversary but this is also highly unlikely due the New Era, but its good to dream.

But who knows, I'm sure someone can read into this better than I can.

Interesting statement... my immediate thought is to start looking for "horror" events that this would be a notable anniversary of. The, "for more then just the event as a whole," implies outside elements not directly associated with HHN. Movies would be the easiest thing to look at, but we know that they're "off limits." I think we may have to start looking at dates of things (such as killings, events, etc) that would apply with a "25 years, 50 years, 100 years ago" type framing to the story.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Mr. Timeout is the new "Emeric?" His posts are really vague and they don't really match together.

He may be posting in a vague fashion similar to Emeric, but they are not the same person, if that's what you're implying.

Interesting statement... my immediate thought is to start looking for "horror" events that this would be a notable anniversary of. The, "for more then just the event as a whole," implies outside elements not directly associated with HHN. Movies would be the easiest thing to look at, but we know that they're "off limits." I think we may have to start looking at dates of things (such as killings, events, etc) that would apply with a "25 years, 50 years, 100 years ago" type framing to the story.

Yeah Legacy, I was thinking more along the lines of your last sentence there. That's a pretty wide scope to try to sift through for answers though. Good luck, you dedicated speculators!

Over the years MANY people have done the whole vague comment deal... and most of them were just begging for attention... As time consuming as it is, I like to go back and look at years past speculation and laugh at the people who had no idea what they were talking about. The simple fact is no one (aside from Emeric) has ever proven to me that they have "inside information" other than the leaks that are already out there.

So in my personal opinion... I don't care for the many "mysterious posters" we've seen. Take it how you will.

Edited by JWFearman

From Chad a few hours ago...

(12:21:26 PM) emericbelasco@live.com: Good day.

(12:26:14 PM) emericbelasco@live.com: The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

(12:26:37 PM) emericbelasco@live.com: Auf wiedersehen.

From Chad a few hours ago...

(12:21:26 PM) emericbelasco@live.com: Good day.

(12:26:14 PM) emericbelasco@live.com: The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

(12:26:37 PM) emericbelasco@live.com: Auf wiedersehen.

and we should all remember that Auf Wiedersehen is literally German for "See you later".

Edited the past couple of posts, due to some minor flaming of a member. Other than that, everyone is doing great on speculation, keep it up. :)

Who knows if it's true until the big reveal in August. So I figure if it's any sort of relevant or sensable information, then why not talk about it. It's speculation, it doesn't have to be right or wrong it's just apart of our little waiting game.

Edited by killswitch22