HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

The room names I've gone back and forth on whether or not they are leaked or intentional. We didn't see those unitl the beginning of July and they were in the notes of the Permits back and forth between the various inspectors. They have to have a name to reference... I just don't know if universal realized we would comb the Permit for clues (yeah right <_< ), it was too much hassle to give everything a code name, or they didn't mind a few bits of info getting out there. I guess we will find out this year. If they start saying "room a" or something like that, then we will know that they didn't want us to know. I'm sure they have to be able to recognize names without whipping out their decoder rings.

The sad thing is though... It's already being speculated that we will see "scene 1, scene 2, etc." and if that is the case it will make the permits essntially a waste of time.

Generic room names would make it too difficult to build. The room names are used throughout the permitting, build, rehearsal, and performance process to note a specific location. It's a form of short-hand. In general, the room names are vague enough to not provide a lot of insight into the house. Catacombs rooms included, "Narrow Spaces," "Room of Roots," and "Museum Hallway." The only ones that really gave anything away were the "Children's Crypt" and possibly "Coughin' Room." Havoc had "Timeout." True, "Gorgon" was obvious but maybe it will simply force them to be more clever in how they name the rooms.

The audition/orientation doesn't even include scene numbers... just the character number convention. Converting to generic room/scene names holds the potential to cause confusion, when every reference to a room requires the specific house code as well. "ZAP - Scene 7," "SPY - Scene 7," "SIN- Scene 7..." Once the numbers start to jumble together, you run the risk of causing confusion.

Now watch them do it just to spite all of us.

Generic room names would make it too difficult to build. The room names are used throughout the permitting, build, rehearsal, and performance process to note a specific location. It's a form of short-hand. In general, the room names are vague enough to not provide a lot of insight into the house. Catacombs rooms included, "Narrow Spaces," "Room of Roots," and "Museum Hallway." The only ones that really gave anything away were the "Children's Crypt" and possibly "Coughin' Room." Havoc had "Timeout." True, "Gorgon" was obvious but maybe it will simply force them to be more clever in how they name the rooms.

The audition/orientation doesn't even include scene numbers... just the character number convention. Converting to generic room/scene names holds the potential to cause confusion, when every reference to a room requires the specific house code as well. "ZAP - Scene 7," "SPY - Scene 7," "SIN- Scene 7..." Once the numbers start to jumble together, you run the risk of causing confusion.

Now watch them do it just to spite all of us.

"Coughin' room" made me chuckle. Also - made me want to go through Catacombs again. Love that darn house.

On topic, I think you are right. I think the room names just may turn into more clever titles to throw us off. "Narrow Spaces" isn't clever at all, but it also doesn't give much description of the room at all. Most houses have Narrow Spaces. That name doesn't give us much to work with. Perhaps the more generic the better for A&D to keep us off the scent.

Emeric has recently been posting primarily on Twitter rather than Facebook or elsewhere. His Twitter feed can be found here>http://twitter.com/#!/emericbelasco

Oh that reminded me of the earlier quote by Emeric:

"The answers shall come in time, children. The game has not yet begun."

there is the game reference again... could be taken either way. Was the first mention of "game" though.

there is the game reference again... could be taken either way. Was the first mention of "game" though.

Well, judging from what you posted regarding last year, it doesn't seem that he would use the game references randomly and without meaning.

Now if you'll forgive me a silly question... Who IS Emeric?!?!? This is the first I'm hearing of him. I'm new to Twitter.

Well, judging from what you posted regarding last year, it doesn't seem that he would use the game references randomly and without meaning.

Now if you'll forgive me a silly question... Who IS Emeric?!?!? This is the first I'm hearing of him. I'm new to Twitter.

Very good question! Who is Emeric Belasco? Well he is a fictional character from Richard Matheson's book Hell House, adapted into the film Legend of Hell House. It was about a house apparently haunted by a huge number of ghosts due to the very eccentric millionaire Belasco who had a wild party there one night where all the guests were killed and he himself disappeared. Years later a group of paranormal researchers, perhaps you could even call them "spirit seekers" entered the house to investigate the hauntings. One of them brought along a mysterious electronic "device" to clear the house, but when this was activated it only served to enrage the spirits resulting in terrible consequences.

Does that sound oddly familiar to you? Like maybe a certain house at HHN last year?

The person using the name of Emeric Belasco has posted clues in the past year or so here, at Facebook, and now on Twitter about the event. Last year every single one of these proved to be completely accurate. Therefore, we have concluded that whoever Emeric Belasco may really be, he obviously is someone with a wealth of highly detailed and specific information about HHN unavailable to the general public. It is very possible that he is in fact a member of the Universal A&D team.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Easy. The "game" is deciphering his clues. It hadn't started at that point (which means the literary quotes might mean nothing). The game, if it hasn't started yet, is about to. But nearly every game starts with a roll of the dice. Except Hang Man.

Very good question! Who is Emeric Belasco? Well he is a fictional character from Richard Matheson's book Hell House, adapted into the film Legend of Hell House. It was about a house apparently haunted by a huge number of ghosts due to the very eccentric millionaire Belasco who had a wild party there one night where all the guests were killed and he himself disappeared. Years later a group of paranormal researchers, perhaps you could even call them "spirit seekers" entered the house to investigate the hauntings. One of them brought along a mysterious electronic "device" to clear the house, but when this was activated it only served to enrage the spirits resulting in terrible consequences.

Does that sound oddly familiar to you? Like maybe a certain house at HHN last year?

The person using the name of Emeric Belasco has posted clues in the past year or so here, at Facebook, and now on Twitter about the event. Last year every single one of these proved to be completely accurate. Therefore, we have concluded that whoever Emeric Belasco may really be, he obviously is someone with a wealth of highly detailed and specific information about HHN unavailable to the general public. It is very possible that he is in fact a member of the Universal A&D team.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the clarification Dr. Jimmy! Much appreciated. Well I'm following him now.

Not that it has anything to do with your post, but that image is from the book, "Carter Beats the Devil." I won't get into the plot details, but suffice to say that it doesn't feature the REAL devil, himself. It's still a great book.

yeah sorry about that lol, It was the only pic I could find on google, for some reason a Metal band call Helloween made a Record called "Gambling with the Devil and I couldn't find any other pics lol!

but that was the only one i found

Yes, you're absolutely right that the Devil is connected to gambling; in Puritan society as well as many other societies it was believed that God pre-determined one's destiny or fate and anyone that partook in activities that involved instances of free will (i.e. games of chance) was inciting the Devil.

lol :) thanks, I Dont feel like Im crazy anymore, yeah, Rolling the Dice and playing with cards, gambling, I still don't know where I saw it or Read it, maybe a story or something, but I have this connection of the Devil (Or Death, the Grim Reaper) and gambling and playing the dice, maybe I'm totally off, but, that's what came to my mind when I saw all the talk about gambling

Edited by black mask

Well I know of one reference to the devil and gambling is in the history of castle glamis in scotland I'll look it up for details but the overview was a lord over the castle was gambling on Sunday with a friend and was missing the next day. In turn haunts the place

Ok here it is

Glamiss brutal history may have partly stemmed from its own lords misdeeds with the Devil. One legend tells of a secret room. The second lord of Glamis, in the fifteenth century, was well known for his debauched lifestyle. Famous for gambling, wenching and drinking, he earned the nickname Earl Beardie or the Wicked Lord. One evening, after failing to find someone to play cards with him on Sunday, he announced that he would play cards with the Devil himself. The knock on the door immediately afterwards was too much of a coincidence but he opened it anyway to admit a tall bearded man wearing all black.

When asked if he would still like a partner in which to play cards, Earl Beardie welcomed him into a small room and closed the door. Servants outside could hear shouting and furniture flying as the men gambled away the evening and into the dark night. At one point, the stranger made a suggestion to which Earl Beardie agreed. One of the servants crept close to the door to see what was happening, at which point the Lord discovered he was being spied upon through the keyhole. He burst from the room to yell at the servant and when he returned, the stranger had left and taken Earl Beardies soul with him. Beardie died five years later, his ghost still drunkenly roaming the halls trapped for eternity to return to the room to play cards with the Devil.

Edited by Carnagefan

I apologize if this has already been pointed out, but 6 of his quotes relate to madness/insanity/inner evil

It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.

The thoughts written on the walls of madhouses by their inmates might be worth publicizing.

A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free.

A belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.

Evil is a moral entity and not a created one, an eternal and not a perishable entity.

Life is only an outer layer, for reality is only realized by the insane.

I apologize if this has already been pointed out, but 6 of his quotes relate to madness/insanity/inner evil

True, but those all came before, "The game [had] yet to [begun]."

So, those might not have anything to do with HHN, but rather be quotes that the person behind Emeric likes.

Slightly off topic but we were talking about it earlier...

Universal's two new mini golf courses will be called "The Haunting of Ghostly Greens" and "Invaders From Planet Putt".

So one is Haunting related at least. Sounds cool though!

Edited by JWFearman

After reading Emeric's latest tweets, it made me wonder. As Matt said, six of the quotes relate to madness/insanity/inner evil. The main thing, I'm wondering about is, could these cryptic clues relate to the central theme of the event or the actual icon of the event? Intuition tells me, that we could have a new darker icon that puts all of the past horror nights icons to shame.

After reading Emeric's latest tweets, it made me wonder. As Matt said, six of the quotes relate to madness/insanity/inner evil. The main thing, I'm wondering about is, could these cryptic clues relate to the central theme of the event or the actual icon of the event? Intuition tells me, that we could have a new darker icon that puts all of the past horror nights icons to shame.

you think? you think the next icon could be dark like that?

I don't know, Fear was supposed to be the most darkest, evilest icon ever, he was supposed to be behind HHN since always,

I don't know, I have to admit I lose a little faith, I Would Love the icons, but, the while dark scary icon, not sure, I also wish they could bring Bloody Mary back,

I don't know, Fear was supposed to be the most darkest, evilest icon ever, he was supposed to be behind HHN since always,

I had high hope for fear,but he was kinda of a let down for me.i dont really care what the theme or icon will be ill go no matter what.im just hoping ticket prices dont up again this year with gas prices being so high.with high ticket prices it kinda takes away from my spending money in the park.

I had high hope for fear,but he was kinda of a let down for me.i dont really care what the theme or icon will be ill go no matter what.im just hoping ticket prices dont up again this year with gas prices being so high.with high ticket prices it kinda takes away from my spending money in the park.

you're right about the ticket prices...

As far as ticket prices I'll go no matter what. HHN is the only thing I look forward to all year and when it comes down to it missing the event just isn't an option for me...:D Also I'm glad that I only live about an hour and a half away from Orlando so I don't have to spend alot on Gas either... :)

If his references are on inner evil we might not even have an icon. I would like a centralized theme but an icon is not necessary to have a great event. I don't need to go into the parks and see Bloody Mary or Fear for me to enjoy the event. Prob in the minority but heres to hoping we return to HHN were icons were only used in marketing.

Edit: In retrospect this particularly reminds me of 2004. Where there never was a tangible icon but the event took place inside the insane individuals head. I really like this concept and have to wonder if these are allusions to something similar in nature.

Edited by Jakemeister

I'd never pay more than 85 dollars for a ticket. Anything past that is ridiculous. I'll go to Howl O Scream instead if tickets ever go up to high. So I'd hope they'd keep them where they're at. I love HHN, but there's a certain point where I just wont pay a certain amount to get into a night event, where there are always long lines, and high priced water, and then there's food I have to buy... Prices just can't keep going up because they want more money for the event. There's gonna have to be a limit to that.

Edited by Goo

I'd never pay more than 85 dollars for a ticket. Anything past that is ridiculous. I'll go to Howl O Scream instead if tickets ever go up to high. So I'd hope they'd keep them where they're at. I love HHN, but there's a certain point where I just wont pay a certain amount to get into a night event, where there are always long lines, and high priced water, and then there's food I have to buy... Prices just can't keep going up because they want more money for the event. There's gonna have to be a limit to that.

lol if the prices got too crazy like that, I would try up for scareactor, hehe

Well, tickets were, what, last year? $75? Who wants to be they'll bump it up $5 and make it $80? What do you think?

If they do, that puts us at $85 for 2012! Oh damn. Start saving now.

It was $40 my first year in 2000. Sheesh! This is where I complain that prices were much more reasonable when I was younger :P

According to the Universal Orlando surveys that I take they are trying to find what people would actually pay for tickets to HHN and their theme parks in general. What their comfort zone is. I don't think that each year Uni is going to bump up the prices 5 or 10 bucks because if they did HHN tickets would eventually get to be $200 or more and by that time no one will be able to afford to go thus making them loose profit... ;)