HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

Excellent work, Dr. J! People will be talking about your prank for months!

Regarding the posts near the top of this page, is there any significance to the Psychoscareapy writing? It seems dubious to me, but any other thoughts?

And what are the origins of the Catacombs clue rumor?

Daniel

P.S. You guys brought up some good points about my inquiries into Emeric Belasco's identity. As much fun as investigative journalism is, I'll table my curiosity . . . For now! Ha ha ha

Edited by DanielMyron

When I first watched your video my hands were literally shaking I was so excited. I thought I had a sure chance to creep on The Director! And now my soul is crushed. :(

But it was an amazing prank, anyhow. VERY elaborate. Great job.

Well of course, otherwise the mods wouldn't have cleaned up this thread!

u know some of what u said could work if done right.i kinda knew something was up when u stated the blue men will close.

edit:::u got way to much time on your hands to think that up.lol

Edited by localHHNfan19

I for one would've loved to see a house based off Rob Zombie. Can you imagine what they can do if they tried it? I can only dream one day it shall happen.

Rob Zombie actually did help design a maze for HHN Hollywood (Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D ZombieVision). While it was a great maze (Probably the best 3D maze I've ever been in), it still could've been a tad better. Who knows, maybe he will someday in the near future. :)

Rob Zombie actually did help design a maze for HHN Hollywood (Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses: In 3D ZombieVision). While it was a great maze (Probably the best 3D maze I've ever been in), it still could've been a tad better. Who knows, maybe he will someday in the near future. :)

That wasn't the first time Zombie did that. He originally designed House of a 1000 corpses in the year 2000 as a Haunted Maze at HHN Hollywood. This became the basis for the film which was originally to have been released by Universal. There were some difficulties between Zombie and those who ran things back then, the film was pulled and went to MGM and then finally Lionsgate in 2003.

Clive Barker designed several houses from 1998 - 2000 at HHN Hollywood, also.

It's best to have some truth behind your lies. Perhaps a bit more truth than is obvious at first.

Right right I knew they had House of 1000 Corpses at Hollywood last year but I can only imagine if they had one here in Orlando :)

Would it be better than Hollywood? How do Orlando's houses compare to Hollywood?

I actually went to both events last year so I can compare! :D (Though I hate to go a bit off-topic, though.)

When you're asking, "Would it be better in Orlando?", do you mean HoTC? I would say it was about the same quality-wise as your typical maze over in hurricane land. Also, Hollywood is about the same quality-wise as in Orlando except they use things like hidden doors and lots of "body-bag" rooms. The only downside for Hollywood is, of course, that the event is a bit smaller and our GP is different than yours. Your GP wants Jack the Clown back every year while our GP still wants to have same mazes over and over and over again since Knott's has taught everyone that repeats are good. :angry: Another one is that there are no sound stage mazes. Therefore, the worst facades you guys have are about the equivalent to the best ones we have; though, to defend my side, all of the maze facades are very good considering how they use the space. HoTC had an awesome facade and F13 had a really cool "transitional" facade into the forest. But to cut to the chase, I would vote Florida's mazes over ours.

There are four big things that Hollywood has over Orlando and that is 1) The Terror Tram. The only factor is that it's getting stale and repetitive. Hopefully they'll change it up this year. 2) Roaming scareactors in the "dead zones". They had bush people jumping out and random sliders. 3) It's a dry event. Therefore, sober people=a more tolerable crowd and 4) Since there are only five mazes and the Terror Tram, even though the count will go up to six mazes this year (Most likely), there's still not a big hustle to get everything done. You can just pace yourself and enjoy the scarezones. Despite those advantages, Orlando still has the upper hand in the quantity and the maze quality.

To get back on topic, wasn't there some rumor we heard quite a bit ago of some 3D maze occupying the JAWS queue? I wonder if it'll be the Call of Kutulu: In 3D? They can have Metallica perform in there and do the song. lol

I actually went to both events last year so I can compare! :D (Though I hate to go a bit off-topic, though.)

When you're asking, "Would it be better in Orlando?", do you mean HoTC? I would say it was about the same quality-wise as your typical maze over in hurricane land. Also, Hollywood is about the same quality-wise as in Orlando except they use things like hidden doors and lots of "body-bag" rooms. The only downside for Hollywood is, of course, that the event is a bit smaller and our GP is different than yours. Your GP wants Jack the Clown back every year while our GP still wants to have same mazes over and over and over again since Knott's has taught everyone that repeats are good. :angry: Another one is that there are no sound stage mazes. Therefore, the worst facades you guys have are about the equivalent to the best ones we have; though, to defend my side, all of the maze facades are very good considering how they use the space. HoTC had an awesome facade and F13 had a really cool "transitional" facade into the forest. But to cut to the chase, I would vote Florida's mazes over ours.

There are four big things that Hollywood has over Orlando and that is 1) The Terror Tram. The only factor is that it's getting stale and repetitive. Hopefully they'll change it up this year. 2) Roaming scareactors in the "dead zones". They had bush people jumping out and random sliders. 3) It's a dry event. Therefore, sober people=a more tolerable crowd and 4) Since there are only five mazes and the Terror Tram, even though the count will go up to six mazes this year (Most likely), there's still not a big hustle to get everything done. You can just pace yourself and enjoy the scarezones. Despite those advantages, Orlando still has the upper hand in the quantity and the maze quality.

To get back on topic, wasn't there some rumor we heard quite a bit ago of some 3D maze occupying the JAWS queue? I wonder if it'll be the Call of Kutulu: In 3D? They can have Metallica perform in there and do the song. lol

I'm sorry, but Cthulhu exists is a lot more than merely 3 dimensions. I think it's more like 8 or 9 dimensions, wow we could see the first 9D house! Of course our eyes would bleed and we would lose all sanity when we try to look at it in all it's non-Euclidean glory.

Don't know if this has been done before but I think it would be pretty cool if they do this this year. I guess A&D might be considering it seeing how well the reactions where.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejU_FsgqzXk

that was Epic!!

they have done that in houses already I think, I mean, the Chucky room had actors in black, I recall the jungle suit being used somewhere else

but, still this video was very awesome, the rock suit was really funny, I wonder if any of them complained afterward :rolleyes:

Emeric's latest message:

Fear has many eyes and can see things underground.

This is from Don Quixote by Cervantes.

Perhaps we have been tilting at windmills here? Has it all been an Impossible Dream? Perhaps, but they might be giants, after all.

Interesting. If it is a clue (which considering it's from a story about a delusional old man, it could be a pointed remark about seeing things where they don't actually exist), it could imply a return to the Catacombs (which I don't think would surprise anyone).

Or again, "It's from a book! The icon is going to be a writer who tells his stories but is nothing like the Storyteller!"

EDIT - And HHN has done each of those Dance Breaks as scares. The Rock Monster was actually on stilts, and was just as effective as the Chair was this year.

Edited by Legacy

I for one would've loved to see a house based off Rob Zombie. Can you imagine what they can do if they tried it? I can only dream one day it shall happen.

I would like to see a maze based on "A House of a Thousand Corpses" in a soundstage minus the 3D that crap gives me a headace.Also maybe throw some "The Devils Rejects" in there too. I know there sorda the same but im possitve A&D could figure something out.

To be honest, 3D houses sound way better than they really are. I've only been in one, which was Clown O Vision, but it was just bad. I felt like the glasses were just a waste of money. They just didn't do much for me. I think it'd be cool if they did a real Fun House type of theme. Complete with a slide, obstacles and moving floors!

Edited by Goo

Interesting. If it is a clue (which considering it's from a story about a delusional old man, it could be a pointed remark about seeing things where they don't actually exist), it could imply a return to the Catacombs (which I don't think would surprise anyone).

Or again, "It's from a book! The icon is going to be a writer who tells his stories but is nothing like the Storyteller!"

What I find interesting about a quote from Don Quixote is that in the story, although Quixote is a delusional old man his illusions actually carry a deeper dare I say legendary truth to them.

Also at the risk of indulging in a bit of self importance, I wonder if this clue is meant as a sort of pointed reference to my own April Fools prank? I could be seen as being a bit quixotic in my delusional pronouncements about HHN XXI! Or maybe there was something to what I said about FEAR? Fear has many eyes, hmmmmmm, he would indeed if he were to manifest in multiple forms wouldn't he?

They had a slide and a ball pit in 2000 :)

I've never been a huge fan of "3D" houses. I always end up taking the glasses off and the house is better. Although I have most of the glasses for most of the 3D houses :) They are a cool keepsake.

@DOC

Ironically my alternate (now essentially dead) SN was Quixotic Quixote.

When he said underground I immediately thought Tremors, Catacombs, Hades, Terror Mines, Apocalypse: City of Cannibals, and City of Ember...

It would be neat to have an underground post-apocalyptic theme to the event (such as 12 monkeys) or perhaps the steampunk feel that City of Ember had.

Edited by JWFearman