Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes

Mark M.

And what would you have liked them to do more with the flame effect? just curious.

I guess, for me, the fact that this was supposed to be the 1st time they used open flame "in" a house......it could have been actually "in" the house. I didn't think it was bad....but I thought it was just a flame and nothing really special.

I had the pleasure of doing The Orfanage "Alone. Meaning I was the first person in the house when it opened, and took my time going thru. To me that made it a better experience. When I left the house 15 min later, no other guests had made their way to the back of the park yet. I was able to take my time, looking at the details of the house and as "The Skool" in 05, the kids are just plain creepy, and creepy is good. My only complaint with this house is that a few of the scares come from behind you as you are walking thru.

Not giving any number ratings for any of the houses but this one is near the top of my list. Now since I did the house "Alone" where is my freaking T-Shirt?

This is not one of my faves overall (Jaws queue imposes too many limitations), but we've had some really good run throughs. It has improved over the course of the event. I can't even imagine working in there without AC. We always go through early, before the lines build, and have managed to do it "Alone" a couple of times. Yesterday was a riot when one guy (in a pirate costume I think...on the righthand side, jumps out with red lights) scared me and then told me, "I scare you every day!" Quite true, since we're there every FFP+ day at the same time, and that jump scare always gets me. I go through blind because of the bright sun and then sudden darkness, which enhances my vulnerability.

For those who say there is only one Cindy, there are definitely two but you won't always catch the one at the end.

Edited by atigeg

This is not one of my faves overall (Jaws queue imposes too many limitations), but we've had some really good run throughs. It has improved over the course of the event. I can't even imagine working in there without AC. We always go through early, before the lines build, and have managed to do it "Alone" a couple of times. Yesterday was a riot when one guy (in a pirate costume I think...on the righthand side, jumps out with red lights) scared me and then told me, "I scare you every day!" Quite true, since we're there every FFP+ day at the same time, and that jump scare always gets me. I go through blind because of the bright sun and then sudden darkness, which enhances my vulnerability.

That darm pirate gets me every frickin time. The combination of a great location and perfect timing is lethal in this case. Shaping up as my favorite house

due solely to the amazing cast. The first Cindy, the pirate, the little clown girl, the garaffe, the trick or treat twins, the baby animals ..you are all very sick people and I love you

dearly. My fave for this year has got to be the finale Cindy in cast B she has the perfect mix of cute and creepy nailed, she "burns" me every time!!

Edited by keeper

This house consistently disappointed me all year.

However, I had a great walkthrough last night.

I wanted to give this house one more chance so we headed there early (around 6:30ish) and walked right in. Perhaps it was because we were the only ones walking through at the time, or maybe it was because my eyes were still adjusting from the dimly lit skies, but we got some awesome and intense scares.

I am extremely happy I gave this house another chance. Nice work!

• 2 weeks later...

I've said it before and I've said it again. The best scares in this house in my opinion came from Black Pirate. He was awesome. Microphone cindy with creepy FX at the beginning was also pretty cool, and the rest of the actors put in a lot of effort, but it just didn't pay off

Just another reinforced shout-out to everyone working this house, especially both pirates and the Cindies - you guys were incredible and moved this house from an intial #7 to my #3. My pick for the most underrated house this year, hands down, you guys were always the house I was looking forward to and would hit up when the park opened so I could do it again later with Express.

• 5 years later...

Hello all! I was hoping if anyone could remember what this house experience was like? Like what were the rooms and effects in this house. I am very curious to know the rooms and such for this maze! If anyone could help out, that would be great! 

Thank you so much! You all are amazing! 

Code named Krispy

Room names: Play Room, Time Out, Bunk Beds, Nursery, Lecture Hall, Ghostly Twins, Double Shot, Party Room, Destroyed School Room. Furnace Room.

Was in the Jaws Queue. You walked in past the burnt Good Harvest Orphanage sign and play ground equipment. there were fire effects and soap suds falling as ash.

Play room. Exactly what it sounds like. Toys, lockers, etc.

Time Out had desks. You went around a corner and there was a mannequin of cindy writing on the black board. there was a black light effect and then a Cindy scare.

Bunk Beds had... bunk beds with scare actors. I can't remember but a lot of the "kids" had morphan masks. anyway the bunk beds had welded wire on them.

the Nursery was a bunch of cribs and was featured in the game. it had scareactors and an open widow with a ghost girl? floating in it. 

Lecture Hall I really don't remember.

Ghostly twins had a pepper's ghost effect.. I think. I know there was a mirror.

Double Shot was heavily burned and had a real flame effect in the wall

Party Room... eh... a party? I forget

Destroyed School Room was the school room now destroyed and had rafters. I believe the children were climbing in them.

Furnace Room had a real electrical effect (I believe the same one from S&S), furnaces, and Cindy as a final scare.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JDW said:

Code named Krispy

Room names: Play Room, Time Out, Bunk Beds, Nursery, Lecture Hall, Ghostly Twins, Double Shot, Party Room, Destroyed School Room. Furnace Room.

Was in the Jaws Queue. You walked in past the burnt Good Harvest Orphanage sign and play ground equipment. there were fire effects and soap suds falling as ash.

Play room. Exactly what it sounds like. Toys, lockers, etc.

Time Out had desks. You went around a corner and there was a mannequin of cindy writing on the black board. there was a black light effect and then a Cindy scare.

Bunk Beds had... bunk beds with scare actors. I can't remember but a lot of the "kids" had morphan masks. anyway the bunk beds had welded wire on them.

the Nursery was a bunch of cribs and was featured in the game. it had scareactors and an open widow with a ghost girl? floating in it. 

Lecture Hall I really don't remember.

Ghostly twins had a pepper's ghost effect.. I think. I know there was a mirror.

Double Shot was heavily burned and had a real flame effect in the wall

Party Room... eh... a party? I forget

Destroyed School Room was the school room now destroyed and had rafters. I believe the children were climbing in them.

Furnace Room had a real electrical effect (I believe the same one from S&S), furnaces, and Cindy as a final scare.

You are the BEST!!!!! I love these forums so much! Everyone is so helpful!!! 

• Mark M. changed the title to Orfanage: Ashes to Ashes
  • 9 months later...

I think the Orfanage was more like a spin-off of Screamhouse than a prequel. While the Caretaker was doing his own thing at his house, this one showed what Cindy was doing after she was departed from her dad before they were reunited. If you know the Caretaker’s story, his daughter was sort of implemented as a side-character. Glad they brought it back for one scene last year in (S)Carey, and it’s a damn shame Cindy is still not an icon yet. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 8:36 PM, Fear2010 said:

I think the Orfanage was more like a spin-off of Screamhouse than a prequel. While the Caretaker was doing his own thing at his house, this one showed what Cindy was doing after she was departed from her dad before they were reunited. If you know the Caretaker’s story, his a daughter was sort of implemented as a side-character. Glad they brought it back for one scene last year in (S)Carey, and it’s a damn shame Cindy is still not an icon yet. 

I totally agree with you on the Orfanage being a side story to Screamhouse because what I got from the description of the house, it seem that it take place after the burning of Caine Manor. It's very likely that Cindy was able to survive the fire. The only think I don't get is that if Cindy is alive, than why is she dead during Screamhouse: Ressurection. That is the most strangest part of her backstory.  

• Like 1

Yeah, Cindy did made her appearance at that house too who wasn’t played by a scareactor. Maybe the Orfanage was also a prequel to Ressurection while the original Screamhouse and Revisited were side stories like we both agreed. She probably didn’t survive the arson attack that she committed at the Good Harvest Orphanage - unlike before with the Manor that was burnt down by an angry mob - until the Caretaker found her and later came back as the undead.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2