Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

Mark M.

Though this house was neat to look at, and is cool.. I have to say this house was the weakest this year for me. I know a lot of you loved it, but I got maybe one or two scares at the end. For starters, the rooms were way to recent for me to enjoy.. I mean, I was expecting older scenes from houses from the past. This was all scenes from houses that were generally in the past three years. There were a few from a while back, which I liked, but there were only a couple. The Dead Exposure part was just not good at all... There shouldn't have been anything on the walls, and there should have been a roof over that scene to make it dark (I could see everything in that scene). There was also no camera sounds or anything in that room. Just overall disappointing. And the sad part is, this was my first house, and my first house is always the scariest, and this just didn't do it for me :/

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though this house was neat to look at, and is cool.. I have to say this house was the weakest this year for me. I know a lot of you loved it, but I got maybe one or two scares at the end. For starters, the rooms were way to recent for me to enjoy.. I mean, I was expecting older scenes from houses from the past. This was all scenes from houses that were generally in the past three years. There were a few from a while back, which I liked, but there were only a couple. The Dead Exposure part was just not good at all... There shouldn't have been anything on the walls, and there should have been a roof over that scene to make it dark (I could see everything in that scene). There was also no camera sounds or anything in that room. Just overall disappointing. And the sad part is, this was my first house, and my first house is always the scariest, and this just didn't do it for me :/

I have to agree with you, Ok at first when I first went to the house I loved it, but it was the warehouse part that I loved, and still love, I really love seeing the props, but then after that it gets a little disappointing, the Treaks and Foons room is such a waste, and now there isn't even an actor there, I saw an actor opening weekend but since then that room seems to be empty, they could have done something better, and like someone said before, maybe if the DE rooms had mirrors instead of paint in the walls it could have made it better.

I have to agree with you, Ok at first when I first went to the house I loved it, but it was the warehouse part that I loved, and still love, I really love seeing the props, but then after that it gets a little disappointing, the Treaks and Foons room is such a waste, and now there isn't even an actor there, I saw an actor opening weekend but since then that room seems to be empty, they could have done something better, and like someone said before, maybe if the DE rooms had mirrors instead of paint in the walls it could have made it better.

There is still a treak cast, but Hallow'd Past has had a bad rush of idiots going through their that may be causing you to go through while the treak is filling out witness statements. All I know is that he should still be there (and therein lies the problem with only one scaractor in a room).

There is still a treak cast, but Hallow'd Past has had a bad rush of idiots going through their that may be causing you to go through while the treak is filling out witness statements. All I know is that he should still be there (and therein lies the problem with only one scaractor in a room).

:( oh, I only saw him once first day, I was actually looking forward to seeing the character again, maybe next time the actor will be there.

Every time I went through, he wasn't it in there..

I REALLY wish they put a roof on the DE scene.. I was so excited for that part.

This past Friday he was there right towards the end of the first cast. I went through the house my last 2 times before 6:30 and he got me both times. I was expecting him to be on my left if he was there like they were on opening and he was on my right, he came RUNNING out behind the fake one there on the right and screamed. Got me good.

Edited by PWT

That's too bad they only have one active Treak for that room. I guess that explains why I have seen it in action only one time out of six. I have yet to see the foam going off either.

I like this house very much for all the amazing stuff to look at (we got bumped to here on our UTH tour which was great) but I have to agree that they should have mixed it up a little more for the scenes. That being said, I was happy to see DE, Alice from Scary Tales, and the Body Collectors. I guess I just wish it would have been an extra long house as had been rumored at one point, which would have helped to accomodate a little more variety. ( I know there is still other "stuff" in that building taking up space so that wasn't possible...just wishful thinking on my part.)

Personally I have seen every icon I would expect to see at least once and I have got some great scares in here throughout the six times I've been through it. I'm having a hard time ranking this one but I'd say it's in my top 3.

That's too bad they only have one active Treak for that room. I guess that explains why I have seen it in action only one time out of six. I have yet to see the foam going off either.

I like this house very much for all the amazing stuff to look at (we got bumped to here on our UTH tour which was great) but I have to agree that they should have mixed it up a little more for the scenes. That being said, I was happy to see DE, Alice from Scary Tales, and the Body Collectors. I guess I just wish it would have been an extra long house as had been rumored at one point, which would have helped to accomodate a little more variety. ( I know there is still other "stuff" in that building taking up space so that wasn't possible...just wishful thinking on my part.)

Personally I have seen every icon I would expect to see at least once and I have got some great scares in here throughout the six times I've been through it. I'm having a hard time ranking this one but I'd say it's in my top 3.

Foam was going off opening night at the AP party. Haven't seen it since.

Without a doubt, this was my FAVORITE house this year. Loved everything about it- the old props, the rooms, the scares - everything! When I was making my second round through the houses with Express, I always saved this one for last. With the exception of one bad visit, I was never disappointed. I don't think there was a single room, save for Treaks, that didn't manage to scare me. The opening chainsaw guy ALWAYS got me (even though I knew he was there and the scare was coming), I got triple teamed twice in both the Alice and Frightanic rooms, and the DE rooms freaked me out because the actors blended in so well. Of course, my favorite thing was watching the Gentlemen do the spine ripping scene. I stopped to watch and clap for them whenever I could. Good stuff. I didn't get many scares from the icons in the finale, but I did see them all at some point and my favorite icon came at me twice - so I was content with that. :) Everyone that works this house does a fantastic job, keep up the good work.

I was actually trying to pin down the times because even though we are inside, the daylight deems DE room useless because either they can't see us or it's so bright the strobes do nothing to hide us.

But the thing is, I only went through this house at night, and it was still VERY bright. The problem is that other lights from the rest of the house flood the building, and since DE is meant to be very dark and has nothing covering the roof of the scene, it kills the scene. They could put some black tarp on the ceiling and it would be solved in an instant. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet, honestly.

I've been through the house numerous times at first set, and I have to say my last trip through was the scariest of the them all. The Marvel Chainsaw, the Frankenstein, the Dead Exposure room, the Frightanic room,.even my personal bias favorite the Alice in Wonderland room really got me good (Thanks Valdez). No Treak that time though :(

Props to the Usher on the first cast. He got me twice, and was trying to say something to me but I couldn't hear because it was so loud.

Ok I was complaining a lot about the treak room missing the actor, but I am really happy to say that today The actor was there and It was Amazing, even thought it was just one actor The Actor Rocked, I went around 7:30 and the treak was going nuts jumping around and acting crazy, I really liked it, This room was build in such a strange way, I wish there could be two actors, because the actor today was pretty amazing

Got to say this was my first house ever at HHN. I was a bit confused as to what was going on as it didn't seem to have any good flow but I got my first major scare from this house. Right before the very end when Jack jumps out my friend who was with me told me he was going to jump out and I was thinking how bad can he be? Well then he jumps out I scream like a little girl and run out of the house. Thanks for my first major HHN scare if you see this.

Horror Nights: Hallow'd Past

It was alright.. Decent. Maybe its because we went in so early, but it was a little understaffed. The DE room was probably my favorite. It gave me that initial sense of panic, before an actor even jumped me. The combination of the two 'trippy' rooms made that seemed overused, where was Hellgate Prison & other greats? The only icons in the finale were storyteller, Usher & Jack.. Props to that storyteller for 'stabbing me'. Usher just.. well, ushered me. I got a better scare by an ops member(isnt that all The Usher is?, an Ops member with a costume?I'm horrified). I seen Jack's pants at the beginning of the final hallway, so he didn't scare me. He did however make a great/humorous/still entertaining attempt. I tried not to peak around the corner into his 'boo-hall' if you will. So when I heard his footsteps running up I turned & he was right there & said/yelled (you know Jack) "Stayed tuned, there's plenty more where that came from! AHAHAHAHA". It was, as everyone says very nostalgic & overall a very fun house.

Edited by Shadow Creek

Horror Nights: Hallow'd Past

It was alright.. Decent. Maybe its because we went in so early, but it was a little understaffed. The DE room was probably my favorite. It gave me that initial sense of panic, before an actor even jumped me. The combination of the two 'trippy' rooms made that seemed overused, where was Hellgate Prison & other greats? The only icons in the finale were storyteller, Usher & Jack.. Props to that storyteller for 'stabbing me'. Usher just.. well, ushered me. I got a better scare by an ops member(isnt that all The Usher is?, an Ops member with a costume?I'm horrified). I seen Jack's pants at the beginning of the final hallway, so he didn't scare me. He did however make a great/humorous/still entertaining attempt. I tried not to peak around the corner into his 'boo-hall' if you will. So when I heard his footsteps running up I turned & he was right there & said/yelled (you know Jack) "Stayed tuned, there's plenty more where that came from! AHAHAHAHA". It was, as everyone says very nostalgic & overall a very fun house.

If you saw Elsa and Julian, Eddie was there too. If you can, go through with the other cast and you'll see others.

This was a fairly impressive house. The best parts were the warehouse scenes by far...love all the props from previous years found here. Every scene was pretty darned cool and I liked how they were able to incorporate past scenes and characters. Creepy, scary and fun (helped that one of my good friends who was a cute girl was wrapped around me during this one)!!!! Another one of my top houses of the night. This one ranks in at #4 for me.

Edited by cwoolboy

OK, this is offically my favorite house this year. I just can't get enough of it. I guess I didn't enjoy it very much as first since I had no idea what was going on but now that i've done a little bit of HHN research, I LOVE it. Every scene is awesome in its own way. I keep on noticeing new things everytime i'm in the warehouse. I love the Treak room like nothing else, and don't even get me started on the amazingness of the Body Collectors room. This house is pure fan service(abit 2008 fan service) but I love it.

Everytime I go in this house it grows on me and I love it more and more. Tonight was amazing, this is quickly becoming my favorite house.

Yeah Totally Agree, I have to admit at first I wasn't too trilled with the house, But the more I go the more it grows on me, now I really Love it, this is the first thing I do as soon as I enter the park, I do this house at least twice, I also love all the rooms now, The warehouse rooms are just amazing,

And for the people complaining about the entrance being so simple and not having a sign but I realized, Doesn't the warehouse really starts in HHN: 20 Years of Fear?

That is the true entrance of the warehouse, technically, this house just continues, I don't know, I still think the entrance is fine.

That is the true entrance of the warehouse, technically, this house just continues, I don't know, I still think the entrance is fine.

I know it's been said before, but I think it's amazingly awesome when people complain that an actual entrance to a warehouse doesn't look like a warehouse.

I know it's been said before, but I think it's amazingly awesome when people complain that an actual entrance to a warehouse doesn't look like a warehouse.

Totally took the words out of my mouth haha

On a separate note i saw you come through our house like last week sometime and i knew it was you because of your picture here and you were with Mark and Jen right? but by the time i realized it was you, yall were in the next room.