Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past

Mark M.

My only complaint about this house is not having enough time to take in all the great props from the years past that line the walls! Excellent house, great cast (both A & B) a nice stroll back through the years to see how far the event has come.... ;)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok maybe this will sound better.What is we had a chainlink fence that had be cut open by teenages.Universal quicky figures out that there halloween warehouse has been broken into and were the cops investgating it.On the chainlink fence it says Universal Halloween prop warehouse,please keep out,no drespassing.After we walk threw the broken in fence we walk threw some trees that have fog and cricket,frog and thunder soundeffects going. Before we enter the warehouse we walk pass a sleeping or dead secerity guard.The big pumpkins are still there too.The story is we walk threw this warehouse and figure out that the props have been cursed.Also alot of characters from the pass are in there too and there victiams are the teenages that broken in the first place.

I love this house so much! I love every scene. My friends and I are the unofficial Hallow'd Past welcoming committee. We literally stood outside for 10 minutes and hi-fived everyone that walked through. :lol:

EYYYY!

That was fun.

This was a great house. My first house of the year. Didn't quite know what to expect on the way in, and I didn't know if I liked it that much after my first run through, but after my second and third I think this holds a solid third place in my top houses (for scares). This house is either first or second though when it comes to detail and all around awesomeness though.

I love the dead exposure scenes, and the tunnel is a perfect way to transition those two scenes. The guy in the Frightanic/Ship of Screams scene (don't know which one it was) did a great job of looking like he wasn't real, then scaring us.

The Body Collector was awesome, and so was just about everything else in this house.

EYYYY!

That was fun.

This was a great house. My first house of the year. Didn't quite know what to expect on the way in, and I didn't know if I liked it that much after my first run through, but after my second and third I think this holds a solid third place in my top houses (for scares). This house is either first or second though when it comes to detail and all around awesomeness though.

I love the dead exposure scenes, and the tunnel is a perfect way to transition those two scenes. The guy in the Frightanic/Ship of Screams scene (don't know which one it was) did a great job of looking like he wasn't real, then scaring us.

The Body Collector was awesome, and so was just about everything else in this house.

well, Is cool that you liked it, and I like it too but after thinking about it and seeing how small it really is, for me is the opposite, I kinda wish they didn't use the Tunnel in the house because that was a wasted opportunity for a room, same with dead exposure, I think one room was enough, The house is still really nice, and the actors are awesome, I just kinda wish there were 2/3 more rooms from the past...

Dead Exposure, to be much better, needs to be more like the room from that house. Drop the light levels so you can't see the outlines of everything when the strobes stop and fill the hall with hanging dummies. The old house was so badass because it was a total crowd of zombies. Better yet, get rid of the cheesy wall paintings and replace them with mirrors like in the Treaks and Foons room to give the illusion of a crowd.

My girlfriend didn't get to experience Dead Exposure, and these rooms don't do it justice.

P.S. Anyone see the Sleestak from Bill & Ted last year standing above you to your right as you exit the house?

Edited by Cody

Dead Exposure, to be much better, needs to be more like the room from that house. Drop the light levels so you can't see the outlines of everything when the strobes stop and fill the hall with hanging dummies. The old house was so badass because it was a total crowd of zombies. Better yet, get rid of the cheesy wall paintings and replace them with mirrors like in the Treaks and Foons room to give the illusion of a crowd.

My girlfriend didn't get to experience Dead Exposure, and these rooms don't do it justice.

P.S. Anyone see the Sleestak from Bill & Ted last year standing above you to your right as you exit the house?

They also need to paint us better, im in cast B in that spot, if we were better blended with the dummies it would make for better scares, if we had as much paint as the dummies it would help, but we work with what we have. When i catch a break in the line i run down the room and move all the dummies to make it look like EVERYTHING is moving.

Edited by gatoralex

Um... the parade building IS a warehouse. The facade doesn't get much more accurate than that.

EDIT - And just a thought.

Who are the icons people are seeing in the finale?

Cast A seems to have the Usher, Eddy, and the Caretaker (I think...). Cast B has the Director, Chance, and Jack.

I'm a little mixed about this house. I LIKE it.... they did a good job of making it look like a storage warehouse. The problem lies with the rooms. Why are THREE of them from 2008? That's something I've noticed a lot this year.... for something that's supposed to be a celebration of years past, they focused way too much on the more recent houses. Firstly, why is there a Treaks and Foons room? That was a scarezone. Why do we need not one, but two Dead Exposure rooms? Don't get me wrong, I loved the DE house (though not as much as many others did), but it doesn't work as well here.

Similarly, I loved Body Collectors: Collections of the Past, but why not make it a room from the original 2005 house? Why does the tiny Frightanic room have three scareactors crammed in there? Why no Dungeon of Terror, or RUN, or Scream House, or Castle Vampyre, or one of the other "classic" houses? The houses from 2008 were fantastic, but there's such a huge emphasis on them, it's like the other years were pushed to the side.

Honestly, I think it was done to cut costs.... a lot of the older props and set pieces are likely either in poor shape by now, lost, or destroyed. Rather than rebuild things from scratch, they likely decided it was more efficient to make due with what COULD be used still, which of course would be things from more recent years. Which is understandable, but a bit disappointing to those of us who expected a proper homage to classic HHN.

I'm a little mixed about this house. I LIKE it.... they did a good job of making it look like a storage warehouse. The problem lies with the rooms. Why are THREE of them from 2008? That's something I've noticed a lot this year.... for something that's supposed to be a celebration of years past, they focused way too much on the more recent houses. Firstly, why is there a Treaks and Foons room? That was a scarezone. Why do we need not one, but two Dead Exposure rooms? Don't get me wrong, I loved the DE house (though not as much as many others did), but it doesn't work as well here.

Similarly, I loved Body Collectors: Collections of the Past, but why not make it a room from the original 2005 house? Why does the tiny Frightanic room have three scareactors crammed in there? Why no Dungeon of Terror, or RUN, or Scream House, or Castle Vampyre, or one of the other "classic" houses? The houses from 2008 were fantastic, but there's such a huge emphasis on them, it's like the other years were pushed to the side.

Honestly, I think it was done to cut costs.... a lot of the older props and set pieces are likely either in poor shape by now, lost, or destroyed. Rather than rebuild things from scratch, they likely decided it was more efficient to make due with what COULD be used still, which of course would be things from more recent years. Which is understandable, but a bit disappointing to those of us who expected a proper homage to classic HHN.

I kinda Agree with some of you said, I don't know I always thought each room was going to show a year, or something like that,

But, What do you think they could have done differently?

what other rooms could have they done?

Edited by black7mask

I have to agree about the abundance of '08 scenes. As someone who's only gone the past 4 years, I hoped to see more from before my time. However, it absolutely warmed my heart to see my beloved Mad Tea Party recreated almost exactly. I literally screamed with glee walking through it.

I'm not sure which cast it is, but one of them has the Storyteller at the end. I think it's Cast A, or whichever one has Eddie, because I saw Eddie and the Storyteller in the same walk-through.

I had to laugh because they got such a young girl for her and didn't bother with aging makeup, so she looked about 15.

This house rocks my world. I went through as soon as the house opened tonight, and got 4, count 'em, 4 scares, and I rarely get even one! WOW!!! Having seen the house on the UTH tour made me appreciate it even more. I ended up going through this house a total of 4 times today, 3 times right after opening, and once around 11 PM, and both casts are fantastic! You get my vote for HOTY. Oh, and congrats on HOTW guys.

I have a question-why was the spine-ripping table missing in the first hour, at least, last night? When we went through, and saw only the Body Collector and no table, I said "where's the spine ripping?" and the BC kind of shrugged his shoulders. Same thing second run-through, and even on the 3rd time through, on the other cast. Thank goodness it was back later in the evening. Dr Jimmy and I kindly applauded the spine ripping, and the BC gave us a little bow.

What a great night! Serious props to the main area Gentleman in Body Collectors, opening cast during Stay N Scream. Not only did he get me when I first entered the room, but just when I turned the corner past him, he comes in right behind me and whispers in my ear "Hush!" Scare of the night!

On an unrelated note, embarrassing question #372. The last scene before you return to the warehouse, what is that from? I just can't identify it, but those guys reaching out get me EVERY time.

Thanks again, looking forward to Thursday.

What a great night! Serious props to the main area Gentleman in Body Collectors, opening cast during Stay N Scream. Not only did he get me when I first entered the room, but just when I turned the corner past him, he comes in right behind me and whispers in my ear "Hush!" Scare of the night!

On an unrelated note, embarrassing question #372. The last scene before you return to the warehouse, what is that from? I just can't identify it, but those guys reaching out get me EVERY time.

Thanks again, looking forward to Thursday.

I'm glad we could entertain you, we always try to put on a good show :D As far as the room after ours, those are our assistants reaching out of the graves.

Easily the most fun house of the night for me. Being something of a nerd, I had a hell of a time just picking out all the props and actors I recognized. The chainsaw guy managed to get me both times I went through, even thought my second time I knew in advance where he was going to be and when he would appear. He still fucking got me.

Not to mention the seeing Dead Exposure again made me squee a little bit. I'll own up to that.

This was my favorite house of the year. It's not the scariest, but it kept me entertained and interested for all eleven of my walk-throughs. I have become almost impossible to scare or even startle, but I had some good interactions with the Cast A White Rabbit and Usher; Cast B Body Collectors and Chance. I'm not sure which casts I had at these times, but also saw good things from Dead Exposure zombies, the Frightanic crew and the Assistants in their crypts.

Okay, I've gotta know: where are you all finding the Usher in this house? I thought he was on cast A and I've been through a couple of times on their set, but have never been lucky enough to see him (and I've been searching thoroughly in the last scene). He is my favorite icon, so I really want to see him here. I did get to see all the other icons though (Jack and Eddie landed some nice scares on me).

If you are the Usher and you see a long haired girl with an HNN shirt and blue backpack, come get me! It would make my night. :)

First house of the night.

Lots of great detail.

Got a bunch of good scares (me and my cousin were the only two in this house due to Stay and Scream).

Clapped for the Body Collectors.

Second time through, the whole spine-ripping table was moved completly out of sight. :huh:

The finale was too bright during the day, but got scared by at least a couple of the actors, nevertheless.

Got absolutly no scares in either of the DE rooms, but was targeted by every single actor the third time through.

Still think they need to slap on a "Universal Prop Warehouse" sign (same sign in 20 Years), just to make it more recognizable as a prop warehouse.