HHN XX Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most anticipated house is definitely Catacombs, then Psychoscarepy, then maybe LT :) the rest all seem really intense too. I said it before but I don't really know why the said Marseille and Paris, they are on opposite ends of France. But none the less, the Catacombs are a real thing in France and they look amazingly scary. They go on for miles. More specifically, one hundred and eighty-five miles. In fact is it illegal since 1955 to go into some parts of the Catacombs, people have gotten lost and literally gone crazy.

As for scarezones, I don't speak a word of Spanish, only French, can someone tell me what the Spanish one is, it looks fun hahah. I think one word is death, it looks similar to the French word for dead, morte. Saws N' Steam actually sounds cool and frightening. The other one I'm really looking forward to is The Coven. I think Psychoscareapy could have worked really well in the streets, the patients have escaped you know.

Okay, why did they pick Paris and Marseille (Pronounced MAR SAY) for The Catacombs? They are on completely different sides of France. Marseille is in the south right on the edge by the water, and Paris is up north, almost all the way up north. In Paris there are miles and miles of real Catacombs from the Plague, but Marseille is just so far from Paris. Anywho, I think the house will be great, from what I've seen and heard about the real Catacombs.

Marseille was the site of an infamous bubonic plague outbreak (known as The Great Plague of Marseille), and Paris has The Catacombs (which doesn't have a direct tie to the plague but was created to relieve disease caused by contamination caused by improper burials and mass graves in church graveyards). Mix those two stories together and you get a great concept for a house.

Marseille was the site of an infamous bubonic plague outbreak (known as The Great Plague of Marseille), and Paris has The Catacombs (which doesn't have a direct tie to the plague but was created to relieve disease caused by contamination caused by improper burials and mass graves in church graveyards). Mix those two stories together and you get a great concept for a house.

Ahhh, I just didn't get it at first, they're so far apart and all. That makes sense. Also, I think I read somewhere that there was an excess amount of bodies of victims who died of the Plague in Paris that contributed to the large number of the Catacombs. But the Catacombs were not created for the victims of the Plague, that I knew. But thanks for clearing that up!

Edited by DROOG

As for scarezones, I don't speak a word of Spanish, only French, can someone tell me what the Spanish one is, it looks fun hahah. I think one word is death, it looks similar to the French word for dead, morte.

Esqueleto Muerte means Dead Skeleton. ;) It will probably be like a Mexican Day of the Dead theme with all blacklights.

Edited by Gambit

ok so will this be our beloved icons last year is this a bon voyage of some sorts??

I really kinda hope so. I'm getting really tired of Jack and the Caretaker (even though I love Albert Caine). I like the idea of them starting fresh.

Oh, I think a part of them will remain with us.

Like a hand... or a foot...

The whole seeing them in a way we havnt before makes me think the icons will be in a more monserous form like fear

Part of the Adaru legend involves the fire demons being wrapped in brambles as a sacrifice (if I remember correctly). I think THAT would be seeing them in a way we haven't: writhing in pain, pleading for mercy. Furthermore, just how bad-ass would that make Fear?

IMHO, i think we will be seeing the icons in the future. but i think not for another 2 years. this year will focus on FEAR and im sure next year will be an off year (maybe another movie like year). but thats my opinion. dont hold me to it. lol

I personally believe that we will see a new icon next year.. Following the more demonic look, like Fear. "A new era of darkness is upon us."..

If any returns, I think Eddie deserves his own year... Maybe thats the reason we haven't seen/heard much about him, other than one LT pic.. But I think he will have a small roll this year somewhere... Prolly the 'HHN History' house

The whole seeing them in a way we havnt before makes me think the icons will be in a more monserous form like fear

Part of the Adaru legend involves the fire demons being wrapped in brambles as a sacrifice (if I remember correctly). I think THAT would be seeing them in a way we haven't: writhing in pain, pleading for mercy. Furthermore, just how bad-ass would that make Fear?

Perhaps this will be our 'Hades' house.. All the icons in this (non-religous) hell being tortured by this (non-religious) Devil... FEAR... Imagine the Icons burning or being tortured & wrapped in theses brambles begging for forgiveness for the past twenty years.. Begging for us (the people they have tortured, abused, & "killed" for the past XX years) for help.. Sincerely apologizing....

Wrapped%20in%20Thorns.jpg

I think this concept would make Fear look like a total bad-ass.. But I don't think that HHN would present there creations in that manor.. I think that the icons for once will be the minions... Doing Fear's dirty work in the 'XX Revealed' Zone.

(I'm just wondering.. Is Hades the majority speculation for Icon House?.. Is that indeed Fear on the official page for that house?)

Perhaps this will be our 'Hades' house.. All the icons in this (non-religous) hell being tortured by this (non-religious) Devil... FEAR... Imagine the Icons burning or being tortured & wrapped in theses brambles begging for forgiveness for the past twenty years.. Begging for us (the people they have tortured, abused, & "killed" for the past XX years) for help.. Sincerely apologizing....

I think this concept would make Fear look like a total bad-ass.. But I don't think that HHN would present there creations in that manor.. I think that the icons for once will be the minions... Doing Fear's dirty work in the 'XX Revealed' Zone.

Yes, that would scrape the ceiling of awesomeness alright. I keep imagining the Caretaker or Jack hanging over our heads in a tightly-woven thorny cage, like a Vietnam-era POW. It's quite a powerful image.

You're probably right, though. They'll just be minions to the big bad. But...if HHNXX really IS to be the complete mindfuck that we've been told it will be, having FEAR utterly humiliate and crush the previous icons would be a giant step in the right direction.

I also want FEAR to have big-ass demon wings. Dunno why, I just do.

Could someone explain to me what exactly the Psychoscareapy house is supposed to be? Is it supposed to be haunted by ghosts like Legendary Truth or are there just real crazy people running around? I figured it would be real people running around but the ghost looking thing on the house logo is complete throwing me off.

I wish I could answer the question but i'm in the same boat as you. The descriptions this year are very vague an confusing. I get the feeling that its the presence of past patients.

Glad I'm not alone on this one! I fully agree with you that it's "the presence of past patients" but what kind of presence? Physical of spiritual? :blink:

I'm guessing obviously there will be scareactors but its to be viewed as things that have gone on in the past. Basically like we are seeing the past in the present??? Ahh the hell with it idk lol

No wait...that actually makes sense! Although how they are going to get this point across to the general public I have no idea. But I'm sure, I hope, Universal can word things better because I don't even know where to begin.

No wait...that actually makes sense! Although how they are going to get this point across to the general public I have no idea. But I'm sure, I hope, Universal can word things better because I don't even know where to begin.

Well, I guess it would be kinda easy...old/abandonded facade and in the inside make it look all "new" like it should be...making it seem we went to the past and stuff. Get what I'm saying??

Well, I guess it would be kinda easy...old/abandonded facade and in the inside make it look all "new" like it should be...making it seem we went to the past and stuff. Get what I'm saying??

I was thinking about that actually and it would work for me but I'm just afraid the general public won't pick up on it. Kind of like when in Interstellar Terror you went through the vortex and then everything was upside down. Hardly anyone noticed that but luckily it wasn't all that important to the story. IDK, I have faith in Universal though.

I'm guessing that PS will be a ghost house like Wyandot Estate. The write-up talks about the "souls" of former patients and there is, obviously, the disappearing figure in the logo. Actual studies of the paranormal have even compared the ghostly sightings to "Echos" of what happened in history.

This brings up an interesting point though. Looking at the houses, most feel like they could incorporate Legendary Truth in some way, shape or form. Wyandot is obvious. A haunted, ghostly Shadybrook would make perfect sense for the same reason. Catacombs could be an international investigation, as they try to find the truth of what happened 500 years ago. Hades could be a portal in a lost cave that they are exploring. The Orfanage would be similar to Wyandot and Shadybrook (since the house seems to already be burned down). Hallow'd Past would be a search for the Lantern itself. The only two that seem out of place in this idea is Zombiegeddon and Havoc.

This is off topic but if you look at the hollywood website "La Llorona" looks exacly like bloody mary!

that has been discussed. and yeah its wierd they changed the name of it. and also i love how most of the time the Hollywood takes the concept from Orlandos previous year or years.