HHN XX Discussion

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rumor I have heard that has not been corroborated, concerning the appearance of a character often referenced but never before seen at HHN. The rumor strongly suggested that this fellow would make his odd appearance at last in what is now known to be the Zombiegeddon house.

I think though, that it is safe to say that Patrick did not merely mean any character we have not seen before as that would apply to every new character present at the event including FEAR himself. Rather he seems to imply as I suspected to someone we have heard of but never have seen at the event.

It may be that Patrick was actually speaking of someone entirely different, especially if it is in relation to your house Catacombs: Black Death Rising. I am at a loss as to who could possibly be in this house that we have previously heard of but not yet seen. If I read the description correctly the house would be set in modern day France, but the dead who rise are from the 16th Century? This would preclude certain notorious Frenchmen as the Marquis de Sade who lived centuries later, or Gilles de Rais who lived a century earlier. But Nostradamus would be from the correct era. Perhaps it is a contemporary person who descends into the Catacombs? If so, oddly enough it may be that fellow rumored to appear after all.

But I though this fellow wouldn't be capable of visiting anywhere after that joker procured all of the odd-one's assets in 2007.

There is a classic character that they might be referring to....a quite unsightly fellow who rings bells at a big church....don't quote me on it...just a thought :)

Perhaps, but he also lived in the 15th Century - 100 years too early and actually has appeared at HHN before. I do not have the technical know how to rip a flash image and put it up here, but if you go here>http://websites.horrornights.be/2006site_Before/orlando/behindthescreams.html and click on the drawer maked 91 - 92 you will see in the 1991 Fright Nights drawer a picture of then Universal President Tom Williams opening the event. To the left crouching below him is the Bellringer of whom you speak.

I suspect he never made a return appearance due to a certain animated version of his story being produced by the competition.

But I though this fellow wouldn't be capable of visiting anywhere after that joker procured all of the odd-one's assets in 2007.

Physical death has not stopped anyone from returning before, after all this fellow killed that joker before the harlequin came back to return the favor.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Perhaps, but he also lived in the 15th Century - 100 years too early and actually has appeared at HHN before. I do not have the technical know how to rip a flash image and put it up here, but if you go here>http://websites.horrornights.be/2006site_Before/orlando/behindthescreams.html and click on the drawer maked 91 - 92 you will see in the 1991 Fright Nights drawer a picture of then Universal President Tom Williams opening the event. To the left crouching below him is the Bellringer of whom you speak.

I suspect he never made a return appearance due to a certain animated version of his story being produced by the competition.

Physical death has not stopped anyone from returning before, after all this fellow killed that joker before the harlequin came back to return the favor.

Touch'e.

If he happened to return, it would definitely change the tone of the house.

Watch him show up in Havoc.

I have to admit at first I was a little disappointed with the website not having more info and things to look at.....but after giving it a couple days I think it is actually better this way it kinda adds to the "fear" element. It has a dark and mysterious feel and i dig it. I cant wait for this and I think the website is one of the reasons why im so amped this year. On that note is there anyonwe out there who can make some screensavers? last year I got some from the "other place" ( maybe here?) of the houses and scarezones and rotated them through during my count down to hhn., would love to do that again. I just have no ability to make them lol!

I think this billboard looks better in the day. At least you can clearly read it during the day. They should of had the HHN XX light up at night or something. I still think 2008 had the best billboards with Bloody Mary and the mirror.

"Zombie Gras - This Mardi Gras parade has gone severely off course. Infected by the North American Zombie Infestation, the undead walk among us, searching for their next meal... "

looks like the war of the living dead reached mardi gras

Good find. I wouldn't have noticed that.

Yes, unless something has changed, the Lantern will be at the archway as our entrance piece this year. I'm sure they will be using the screen again as well.

If I walk in through a giant lantern, I will shit brix.

I assume you're reply is going to be something along the lines of, "Well prepare to shit brix then."

=]

Dr. Odd Fellow. He was the owner of the circus Jack used to work at. When Jack realized he was close to being cauptured he went to Odd Fellow for help, but Odd Fellow was wanted by the law as well so he murdered Jack and hid his body in a trunk to protect his "good" name.

That clue you quoted specifically is a little half-formed and not who most of us are anticipating to see in the Catacombs.

What? :huh: what quote? I was just wondering who this character was, I really had no idea who everyone was talking about, Who are you guys Expecting? I am so confused right now

Edited by black7mask

Cinder blocks are more like it. :lol:

Awesome. The arch is going to look incredible this year.

I'm hoping that the 'fire' aspect will be worked into the rest of the park decor, too. Not just in scarezones, but with the lighting and emptier areas. I love the areas that are less travelled, and think that flickering lamp light and 'flame' shadows would be fantastic. Maybe even the sound of a candle sputtering every now and then. The beautiful open area by the lagoon would be especially lovely with the abience.

Mae

What? :huh: what quote? I was just wondering who this character was, I really had no idea who everyone was talking about, Who are you guys Expecting? I am so confused right now

The hint you have quoted was referring to Qusimodo since you didnt get any hints Legacy was giving you. But he is not the character the rest of us are expecting to appear, so you quoted the wrong person. Look back at some of the posts to discover a the FELLOW we anticipate...he is an ODD one