HHN XXI Construction

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick notion, what if that stage that "befuddles" JW is a reference to those 2 houses being connected in some way. Imagine someone on top screaming to choose your fear/ death/ what ever floats your boat. For example, one side is the deterioration of the good; the other the rise of the evil. Both runs hand in hand but has their leader showing their accomplishments, boasting them on top of a stage.

hey ive stumbled upon this forum and it seems like exactly what i want in an hhn chat

so now that ive gotten the "me being new" out of the way

reguarding the shrek alley scarezone, i have also seen it and was quite interested in the fact that the walls seemed to move, unfortunately i dont believe they will be changing thruoghout the event. taking a closer look i saw that the holes in the ground for when they are placed are already there and there seems to be only enough for one figuration of the zone. my thoughts on why they are foldable is so that entire area is still usable during the day and not blocked off or obnoxious for the guests to walk around, keep the park flowing more or less espically with the 300 person dump every 15 minutes out of the shrek attraction.

i am going to be there tomorrow so i am going to try to map out the final positions for the walls to see if we can get a groundplan for the "maze" that this scarezone is looking like it is going to be

another thing i was thinking was with the black scrims they couls do a back reveal of a scare with strobes because of its transparency with light. i noticed during the day you could see right through the material when the sun was shining behind it but not so much when it was in shadow. they have used similar effects in the past using double sided mirrors and such. the only problem is it is everywhere so that most likely wont be the case because that would be too much of the same thing, but just its something to think about

reguarding the shrek alley scarezone, i have also seen it and was quite interested in the fact that the walls seemed to move, unfortunately i dont believe they will be changing thruoghout the event. taking a closer look i saw that the holes in the ground for when they are placed are already there and there seems to be only enough for one figuration of the zone. my thoughts on why they are foldable is so that entire area is still usable during the day and not blocked off or obnoxious for the guests to walk around, keep the park flowing more or less espically with the 300 person dump every 15 minutes out of the shrek attraction.

This is what I was leaning towards. It would be an interesting idea to use a maze-style pathway through a zone to corral the guests driectly to scareactor locations, rather than let the guests walk at their leisure. The best way to do this without affecting daytime park flow would be, as we see right now, walls that can be moved without having to be set up from scratch each night.

Why do they begin so early with building the scarezones?

Considering the sheer magnitude of HHN, Universal has to start early enough so they can have everything finished and ready in time for the event to start. Usually they start flushing out all the street/scarezone details a month before the event begins. In the HHN Art of the Scare DVD they mention that Universal starts working on next years HHN event right after the current one opens... :)

Why do they begin so early with building the scarezones?

Considering the sheer magnitude of HHN, Universal has to start early enough so they can have everything finished and ready in time for the event to start. Usually they start flushing out all the street/scarezone details a month before the event begins. In the HHN Art of the Scare DVD they mention that Universal starts working on next years HHN event right after the current one opens... :)

Rehearsals start the beginning of September (September 5, this year). The scarezones that are rehearsing first have to be completed by then. They rehearse three scarezones a week, prior to the employee preview on September 21.

So, for the most part,everything is done by the third weekend of September. They have to start building early because the event doesn't just happen.

This is what I was leaning towards. It would be an interesting idea to use a maze-style pathway through a zone to corral the guests driectly to scareactor locations, rather than let the guests walk at their leisure. The best way to do this without affecting daytime park flow would be, as we see right now, walls that can be moved without having to be set up from scratch each night.

Great news

i checked out the scarezone today and mapped out the whole thing

looking more carefully i saw more lock holes that werent marked by orange paint like everything else was, meaning the possibility of a shifting maze is definatelt a possibility

i made a plan of the zone but its really confusing unless you share my brain so im going to remake it now that im not leaning on concrete outside so it will be much clearer and understandable for everyone

once i do ill post a picture and ill give my ideas on the matter with the visual as an aid

Guest HHNPicMan

Sadly, due to the possibility of the hurricane, street construction has been temporarily halted until the storm passes. This was stated at the resort today... :( Of course, this is not official. Just rumored!

Sadly, due to the possibility of the hurricane, street construction has been temporarily halted until the storm passes. This was stated at the resort today... :(

Just curious who told you that? We aren't even in the projected cone anymore.

They did put some lights up today.

298787_237260622985506_170325193012383_721533_2202963_n.jpg

Guest HHNPicMan

It doesn't look like the storm is going to hit us. I'm sure they are holding back a little bit, but I doubt they will stop all construction.

You are probably right now. When I made my original post, I was at work and hadnt seen anything about the storm yet. I'm sure that tomorrow morning, things will probably have changed. Just like all things realated to Florida weather, it changes so fast that by the time you are able to talk about it, something else has occured. Oh well. I must say that I quite enjoy walking through the park on my lunch break seeing what is new from the nights work.

Someone mentioned that the black fabric in the Shrek alley was fairly see-through. You suppose they might use it as a scrim? I've never seen that effect in a scarezone before, and I don't know if they could keep light off the foreground, but it would be a cool thing to experience.

Someone mentioned that the black fabric in the Shrek alley was fairly see-through. You suppose they might use it as a scrim? I've never seen that effect in a scarezone before, and I don't know if they could keep light off the foreground, but it would be a cool thing to experience.

Yeah I thought that a while back but... inside projection would be impossible with the framework and outside would be plagued with problems. Also, I didn't see it, but apparently the tower in Oz started this way so I think this is just a way to start building before Rock the universe.

It's there to stop people from trying to climb the scaffolding/framework. They put it over the ladders too.

Guest HHNPicMan

The towers in New York are for projections. The now have multiple projectors mounted on them. Pictures will follow, but I cannot currently upload pictures right now. Sorry!

Only the towers in New York have projectors. All other towers around the park are the same.

The projectors are facing the New York backdrop, Macy's, and the Metropolis Tribune Building.

Guest HHNPicMan

That lines up with some things I have heard for that area.

So projection onto the buildings in NY.

Sounds like you were right on?

Also, incase anyone cares to know, the projectors are Sony brand! How do I know? I read the side! That there is pretty much useless information!!!