HHN XX Speculation II

Hello everyone have been gone for a while but now I am back!:D Time to shed some new light on the Lantern. A week ago the Lantern bursted into flames revealing many things which have caught my fancy(and attention for that matter). The lantern holds some secrets for the event as honestly the website makes no bloody sense! I mean I am not even sure if the character page is just teasing us and just showing stuff from past years or if is what will show up. I am going o be buying a ticket soon but I am almost not sure about that because of my confusion with the event so far. So moving on. The lantern holds many of the objects of past I cons, Storytellers glasses, Ushers flashlight. You know just some little stuff. But what I wanted to get to was the Faces in the flames... HHNRumors has posted pictures of that that quite frankly are odd. I looked at them but cannot see the faces that people have swore up and down about. What do you guys think about the whole thing? A bunch of rumors or is it for real? The flames do look like faces but just ordinary wacked up face... not those of our precious icons. And whats with the fact that Bloody Mary was cut out of that picture with the four characters?

I'm not sure why the faces are contorted, but perhaps the new icon is torturing our icons by keeping them in his lantern? Someone has already mentioned this theory with a little more detail earlier in this thread.

Anyway - read back through the threads or read the thread about Bloody Mary's copyright please. That question has been asked/answered a million times on these forums.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone have been gone for a while but now I am back!:D Time to shed some new light on the Lantern. A week ago the Lantern bursted into flames revealing many things which have caught my fancy(and attention for that matter). The lantern holds some secrets for the event as honestly the website makes no bloody sense! I mean I am not even sure if the character page is just teasing us and just showing stuff from past years or if is what will show up. I am going o be buying a ticket soon but I am almost not sure about that because of my confusion with the event so far. So moving on. The lantern holds many of the objects of past I cons, Storytellers glasses, Ushers flashlight. You know just some little stuff. But what I wanted to get to was the Faces in the flames... HHNRumors has posted pictures of that that quite frankly are odd. I looked at them but cannot see the faces that people have swore up and down about. What do you guys think about the whole thing? A bunch of rumors or is it for real? The flames do look like faces but just ordinary wacked up face... not those of our precious icons. And whats with the fact that Bloody Mary was cut out of that picture with the four characters?

youve missed alot in a week, i suggest you go back through the thread as all of this has been discussed. but as recap, some people see the faces some dont but they do appear in the flames that ficker outside of the lantern, bloody mary wont officially be there this because of some copyright thing.

I have questions regarding the RUN houses. Were they ACTUAL mazes that you could get lost in? Or were they just called mazes, with one path. Also, are you actually running? Because with cramped lines, i dont see how you can run, unless they space out the groups (I am very unfamiliar to these houses) I know these are dumb questions, but I have never been in a RUN house, and I missed it in 16, if that was the year :/

Man, that original RUN house must of been terrifying. It's sad at time that HHN has gotten too big to create houses like this in the future. I've been to a Haunted House in the Denver theme park Elitch Gardens during their fright fest in 2008 (my desperate attempt at feeling better about not being able to make it to HHN that year), and it was terrifying because they sent us in 6 at a time. That meant plenty of free space, and I really was running to keep up with the group of teenage girls I'd been sent in with so I wouldn't be alone! It was a huge difference from the comfort of having someone in front and behind at HHN. I've only had that experience once at HHN during a rainy night when the park was nearly deserted. I can only imagine how scary it must have been to have the possibility of getting lost!

P.S. Regarding Dr. Holmes, I can say with confidence (not just because he is a personal friend of mine) that he has been right quite a few times in the past, but also wrong sometimes. Don't take his word as gospel, but don't discount it out of hand. I have seen for myself that he has sources in rather high places.

It was not Charles... It was someone who named themselves Dr. Raymond Holmes INC.

this person created upwards of 60 reverse or twisted names of other members... which I helped to track down and have deleted.

Charles blocked his own I.P . So that's why he hasn't been here... not really sure why.

Edited by JWFearman

As people are talking about the names being codenames, this might also mean that we cannot take ideas from the website. It is most likely just getting people interested in the event before giving us a real theme.'the only thing we can depend on is the lantern.'the rest of the site is dedicated to HHN Past, and may have no correlation to this year.

Edited by Sohrin

I really wish i could see the faces in the lantern. I sat on the page for about 45 minutes, and not one showed up.

Pick a general area (like 1/4 of the lantern) and focus on that quadrant...you should see a FLASH, really quick, that is different. Those are the faces. I don't know how many FPS (frames per second) that the flash runs on, but you really can't see and discern the pictures with the naked eye. You need someone who has the flash applications and can go into the SWF file and "take it apart" or decompile it. Someone did that and took out the single frame images. So don't feel bad that you couldn't see it...you aren't meant to.

51.UPDATE: Dentist #1 - Disaster!

so uh... Carnie.. Mechanic... Dentist...

It job day at school gone horribly wrong...

I know that most of these roles may (or may not) be codenames to throw us off, but man...a Career Day at school gone wrong would be a pretty unique idea.

You know...like pitching a giant tent over the park...;)

Edited by nellie_lovett

51.UPDATE: Dentist #1 - Disaster!

so uh... Carnie.. Mechanic... Dentist...

It job day at school gone horribly wrong...

What if there was an entire town where EVERY single person there was seriously f****d in the head? It would be kinda cool if this house was: You maybe breaking down or getting lost and being stuck in this crazy place. The town dentist might enjoy pulling teeth until you choke on your own blood. The town mechanic bludgeon you with that giant monkey wrench he's holding while you're not looking. They might be having a carnival that night. Perhaps (probably not) this is the town where Jack's CoC resides on a permanent basis. Maybe (maybe not) it's Carey, OH. Who knows? And it might just be because its about 4:20 over here right now (figuratively), but that house would be an awesome experience.

It was not Charles... It was someone who named themselves Dr. Raymond Holmes INC.

this person created upwards of 60 reverse or twisted names of other members... which I helped to track down and have deleted.

Charles blocked his own I.P . So that's why he hasn't been here... not really sure why.

From my understanding, he was still reading the boards.

PhyscoScarpy-There Goes The Neighborhood HaHa that would be a cool name i mean you had Ps/Ps-H.F.T.H. what if this was like a trilogy and this was the final and last house since this is pretty much a Final Farewell to Past HHN/ICONS and welcome in the New Era of Horror just saying

PhyscoScarpy-There Goes The Neighborhood HaHa that would be a cool name i mean you had Ps/Ps-H.F.T.H. what if this was like a trilogy and this was the final and last house since this is pretty much a Final Farewell to Past HHN/ICONS and welcome in the New Era of Horror just saying

Psychoscareapy has already had 3 rounds, You forgot Maximum Madness.

The video said prison facade... "don't steal" or you'll go to prison. These clues are relating a little too much for them to be false...just sayin

as much as im against this all the clues do seem to be spot on intreasting <_<