HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I where a betting man, I would place all of my money on what "Side B" is saying. ;)

Also, while not entirely accurate, I personally feel the answer to what a Dow is, is fairly simple.

well, about what dr. Jimmy said, I reaaly wish and hope that is side B as well, and with all this speculation and ideas, It should be,

But I am afraid that it will end up being Side A, and It would just be a Reunion, the reason for this is that Uni gets to use the same icons and props, and also The GP would probably like this idea better, If everything is new and awesome, It would not make any difference to the GP, I doubt the GP will pay too much attention. Same with the movie houses, I am almost convinced by you guys that there are no movie houses, but then again movie houses can be a big ticket seller for HHN, depending on the movie. I don't know,

From what I posted in the construction thread :

Disaster's facade is being worked on, and it has two fixed ladders on either side. Not ladders being used for construction, but actually part of the facade. A grey and black color scheme (the same color scheme around the garage door in the house)

I've heard it looks more like a mental asylum than a mechanic's shop, which is what is being speculated. The facade seems to be positioned at the same spot at the Doomsday facade. As for the inside of the house, wallpaper is already being put up and there's a door in there with writing, but the person who saw it, couldn't quite make it out.

New positions:

# UPDATE: Ice Queen - New York

# UPDATE: White Rabbit - Location needed (assuming Hollywood)

# UPDATE: Zombie - Parade Building

Ice queen and chainsaws... hmm.

Was it year 13 that had lost continent split between fire and ice? There was an ice and fire queen in that scarezone.

well, about what dr. Jimmy said, I reaaly wish and hope that is side B as well, and with all this speculation and ideas, It should be,

But I am afraid that it will end up being Side A, and It would just be a Reunion, the reason for this is that Uni gets to use the same icons and props, and also The GP would probably like this idea better, If everything is new and awesome, It would not make any difference to the GP, I doubt the GP will pay too much attention. Same with the movie houses, I am almost convinced by you guys that there are no movie houses, but then again movie houses can be a big ticket seller for HHN, depending on the movie. I don't know,

I feel like we as fans just naturally expect for this year to be a reunion year with movie houses and the return of the icons because thats what we know from the past. We have gotten our selfs into a position where we have just assumed that everything is a repeat house this year so we've started making conclusions from things like vans and non-descriptive role titles. We're not taking the time to think outside the box.

It's also been assumed that this years theme has to directly relate to the scarezone that popped up last year. Maybe at one point in time it did. But haven't inside sources stated that the event was overhauled significantly after certain individuals had left.

I also think we are also misinterpreting the website. I feel that people are reading to much into statements like "a new era of horror begins" and "built upon nineteen years' worth of ghoulish creatures and nightmarish frights." Lets look at these statements for a second.

First the obvious, a new era of horror begins because we have reached a new plateau in the number of years the event has been running. HHN has had multiple Era's already and the website split them up into four sections: Origins, Early years, expansions, and iconic era. If we are entering a NEW era, then the event has to distinguish itself from PAST eras. I don't know about you but a reunion year doesn't sound like something NEW to me.

Now the statement I think people are putting to much stock in is "built upon nineteen years' worth of ghoulish creatures and nightmarish frights." I think this is where everyone has gotten the idea that this year is a reunion year because they are taking the statement to literal. Every year of HHN has been built off the last. Each year the powers that be try to find a new way to further the event while learning from the past what works and what doesn't work. You can reference the past without ever actually including the past.

I think its very plain to see we are in for an entirely new year this year with a subtle nod to the past. This event will not be a re-visioning of the past through old houses and icons but instead will be built on the lessons and legacy of the past while delivering all new scares and themes based on original ideas.

Okay...sure, you could be right. But then we have TJ on record, and on tape saying otherwise.(click here to hear that) He says and I quote "next year will be a scrapbook of years past...we'll see characters from all the other years come together".

Sounds like a reunion to me. People always read too much into these things, and in the end they always say "See I told you!" but rarely say "Yeah I was wrong".

But remember, HHN 19 was brought to you by the word "classic"

Okay...sure, you could be right. But then we have TJ on record, and on tape saying otherwise.(click here to hear that) He says and I quote "next year will be a scrapbook of years past...we'll see characters from all the other years come together".

Sounds like a reunion to me. People always read too much into these things, and in the end they always say "See I told you!" but rarely say "Yeah I was wrong".

So your going to base this years theme off of what TJ said in a podcast that was post SEPTEMBER of 2009. You don't think things could have changed since then? Insiders have already stated that this years event was overhauled from the original concept.

Since no one has mentioned it yet.

Bedclothes or bed clothes are not pajamas.

From Free Dictionary

Wonder if it will be like the plushie from chucky?

Then that makes me think more of like NOES... with the (bare with me on this, i forgot the exact detail names...) burned house and Nightmare Man.... like you go into the burned house and all of a sudden you see this HUGE bed and you have to go under the bedclothes (seeing as they like to put things in your face that you have to push aside) and Freddy gets in for a scare. Just something to swish around in your mouth. ;)

There was talk to have figures made in 07 but they ran out of money, so they didnt go into production.

They've attempted to expand their merchandise beyond just apparel or cups and have had little success.

A handful of sales doesn't offer nearly enough profit for them to warrant the need to have such an item crafted and sold to the public.

It should be noted that at the time that particular comment was made, the event had yet to be finalized.

Naturally, concepts shift or "evolve."

Based upon what concrete information is offered, the official web-page, we can presume that there is indeed still some validation in that statement.

However, whether the semantics of the basic pitch change or not won't be known until the official press release from Universal tentatively hits towards the end of August.

TwistedHHN, we've been over the whole NOES concept a few times. Quite a few people agreed with you that it was going to be a NOES house but some were quick to point out that there was more than likely not going to be any movie based houses this year. It remains to be seen, but not to worry you are not alone in your thinking :]

TwistedHHN, we've been over the whole NOES concept a few times. Quite a few people agreed with you that it was going to be a NOES house but some were quick to point out that there was more than likely not going to be any movie based houses this year. It remains to be seen, but not to worry you are not alone in your thinking :]

People are too quick to say there will not be movie BASED houses. Some great "Activities" await us this year... Ghost.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe the code names are being deliberately used to throw everyone off? They just might want you to believe that NOES and The Crazies will be mazes at this year's event.

Edited by BruinsFan

That's a good point. But on the flip side of that, they could be trying to get us to beleive there isnt going to be any of those movie houses. Honesly, none of know who Universal is thinking right now. For all we know, we could ALL be wrong and this year turns out to be pirate themed! Lol...that was a jk.....I'd be so pissed if we had a pirate theme >,<

All I can say is if NY streets are filled with killer clowns with chainsaws it will be the best scarezone ever!! My 17 yr old daughter is terrified of the chainsaw drill team and all of her life has had a fear of clowns!! A mother's dream come true :lol:

The "Clowns with Chainsaws" concept is merely the combination of speculations about previous California scarezones never brought to Florida before and wishful thinking. There has been NO actual confirmation of this as of yet.

Although this would be a truly epic idea, the presence of an Ice Queen in the same scarezone would make it far less likely.

Ice Queen, hmmmmmm. This brings to mind many evil frosty creatures of fiction and fable:

WhiteWitch.jpg

The White Witch from The Chronicles of Narnia

2088723400_b38bc02fd4.jpg

The Snow Queen of Russian folklore

yukionna22.jpg

The Yuki Onna of Japanese ghost stories

But none of these would make any sense in an NY scarezone with big guys weilding chainsaws!

So, what sort of Ice Queen would we find in an urban setting? From the Urban Dictionary we find the following definitions of Ice Queen in American slang:

A sweet and beautiful girl, who is rumored to be cold blooded and heartless.

A beautiful woman with an ugly personality; one who disregards the feelings of others.

A cold and haughty woman.

A heartless bitch.

This leads me to the following wild speculation: What if our Ice Queen is a cold heartless bitch queen of the New York Fashion industry? A magazine Icon like Anna Wintour or a supermodel like Heidi Klum? Could this evil woman enlist chainsaw brandishing maniacs to enforce her twisted concepts of what is "In" and "Out"?

The thought of C_D or Giant portraying some demented Tim Gunn using a chainsaw to "Make it work" tickles me no end!

That's a good point. But on the flip side of that, they could be trying to get us to beleive there isnt going to be any of those movie houses. Honesly, none of know who Universal is thinking right now. For all we know, we could ALL be wrong and this year turns out to be pirate themed! Lol...that was a jk.....I'd be so pissed if we had a pirate theme >,<

That's a weird idea Lambier, if so we would not get any information about it at all until the official announcement - because after all "Dead Men Tell No Tales"!

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I think they know that almost everyone on this board is so used to the past few years (Judging from the various polls and threads on the matter, a lot of the newer users came to HHN around 2006 and 2007) that they'll immediately begin thinking of movies that they can do houses for, rather than thinking of original ideas.

I think they know that almost everyone on this board is so used to the past few years (Judging from the various polls and threads on the matter, a lot of the newer users came to HHN around 2006 and 2007) that they'll immediately begin thinking of movies that they can do houses for, rather than thinking of original ideas.

You know what that's a good point. I became a fan between 05-06 so all I kno is movie houses pretty much! I do kno one thing is I trust the powers in control to give us a great year full of terror. Me? I like the original stuff because in horror movies the people survive, in the storytellers demented stories noone survives hence more terror. Sorry for the cliche-ness in the middle of this rant.

Just a little something I found to further speculate on the whole NOES thing....

I was just on a website called "HorrorNights.be" Idk if many of you have heard of it, but it's a site where you call go and look at photos, media videos, and other tibits of HHN year's past.

But anyway

I was on a part of the site that allows you to look at HHN website from years past (ex. the interactive Universal Palace Theater, Mary Office, etc.) and I just happened to be on the Carnival of Carnage Website.

I looked at the clickable yearbook from NOES of that year and in one of the little scribbles on it, Freddy is directly refered to as "Nightmare Man". Now I know this is vague and Universal probably wouldnt be dumb enough to give us such an obvious code name, but I just can't seem to shake the notion that maybe we MIGHT see a return this year. i know people have said over and over there won't be any movie based houses this year and, while many have said otherwise, I would have to agree with that. I just thought I would bring this to your attention and see what the committee has to say :P lol

Was it year 13 that had lost continent split between fire and ice? There was an ice and fire queen in that scarezone.

You would be correct on that. It was called "Immortal Island". Here is proof we have seen the Ice Queen before (although Dr. Jimmy's speculation is what I would love to see lol) ;) Please note that the "Rat Lady" was wheeled around this sz in 2003.

icequeen.jpg

IIStreets099.jpg

IIStreets009.jpg

You would be correct on that. It was called "Immortal Island". Here is proof we have seen the Ice Queen before (although Dr. Jimmy's speculation is what I would love to see lol) ;) Please note that the "Rat Lady" was wheeled around this sz in 2003.

Ah yes, in those years we always had hot babes and hot guys gyrating up on pedestals in scarezones like you were in a strip club or something. The idea was that they were distractions, while you were ogling them a scary scareactor would sneak up on you and nail you with a terrific scare!

UPDATE: Undertaker - Parade Building

So zombies and undertakers... sounds good to me!

Oooh, creepy catacombs/cemetery house? Doesn't explain the vortex. I picture it being a Corpse Bride complex, like an underworld where all the corpses from the cemetery go. That would partially explain the Vortex. The Rat Lady in this case totally makes sense, if we're going to have corpses, caskets and undertakers!

It'll be a classic!