Seeds of Extinction

Mark M.

Seeds-of-Extinction-at-Halloween-Horror-

What would it be like to live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland overgrown with invasive vegetation, and the human race wiped from existence? You’ll find out in the Seeds of Extinction haunted house at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I’m really interested in seeing how Seeds of Extinction turns out because that just doesn’t seem like that scary of a concept. 

It might be a lot harder seeing the scares coming. If they have a bunch of scareactors dressed as plants, and there's also a ton of plants decorating the areas...

• Like 4

I like the idea of this house, but it seems like it may the lower budget house this year.....but I could be proven very wrong.

Not saying it will be a bad house or lacking in detail. I just think they have a lot of the stuff that is going into this house, so won't have to purchase much to give it the feel they are going for.

39 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

It might be a lot harder seeing the scares coming. If they have a bunch of scareactors dressed as plants, and there's also a ton of plants decorating the areas...

Not only that, but it's alien vegetation...so they can make the trees and stuff more human looking in their form factor making the camouflage that much more effective.  And Tree Man from past scarezones better be in there :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tman875 said:

I like the idea of this house, but it seems like it may the lower budget house this year.....but I could be proven very wrong.

Not saying it will be a bad house or lacking in detail. I just think they have a lot of the stuff that is going into this house, so won't have to purchase much to give it the feel they are going for.

There's going to be a crashed plane.

4 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I’m really interested in seeing how Seeds of Extinction turns out because that just doesn’t seem like that scary of a concept. 

I've learned never to think this way.  I will never forget when I was lurking on these forums years ago, and the concept for Gothic was announced, and everyone was talking about gargoyles.. and I thought.. Well THAT is STUPID.  That house will be a waste.

Needless to say, I was so very, very wrong.  Turns out that house was AMAZING and it makes my top 5 HHN houses of all time.  You can never, ever write off an original until you experience it.  I have full faith in those guys to pull off something epic with this.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Tent house. 
 I will get scared, but I think it is a dumb idea or seems lame. I could be wrong that yet that is my take on it. 

Not a tent house, it's in one of the parade buildings. 

• Like 2

The idea sounds like The Last of Us to me which I am all about even the teaser gave me TLoU vibes. While no it isn't my most anticipated I still expect great things from it like Lightning Gultch was not a scary house to me in the slightest but still enjoyed my walkthroughs for details and scenery. Also some of my least anticipated houses have turned out to be my favorites or close. 

3 hours ago, Futurion said:

Not a tent house, it's in one of the parade buildings. 

So another year of complaints from the masses about walking an extra mile to get to one house. great. 

1 hour ago, HHN Pro said:

This goes in the new Parade Building, correct?

They could just had empty out all the super star parade stuff into the new building and use old building as two different houses. the entry could be where sliver screams and older parade house and other side could be used for different house. Yet I think they are using it all for trick r treat.

4 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

So another year of complaints from the masses about walking an extra mile to get to one house. great. 

They could just had empty out all the super star parade stuff into the new building and use old building as two different houses. the entry could be where sliver screams and older parade house and other side could be used for different house. Yet I think they are using it all for trick r treat.

The old parade building has been re-purposed to a different department other than Entertainment.  None of the parade floats aren't in there any more.  The new department was kind enough to let us use the building again this year.  The new parade building is so huge that it has all of the SSP floats and room for the new house (and more).  That does mean the entrance to SOX is even FURTHER than the old parade building entrance though. 

Edited by Futurion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

I want you to go out and get me a shrubbery

Oh Nights of Ni you are just and fair, and we will return with a shrubbery. Lol

im loving all these original house concepts. I’m hoping the house starts off with the meteor that hit earth and then as we progress through the house it continues to grow as time passes. This house has a lot of potential to have very surprising scares. I’m looking forward to it! 

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 8:34 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

I don't mind at all. The Houses located in the Parade Building tend to be some of my all- time favorites. It's part of why I'm so thrilled 'Trick 'r Treat' will be held there.

btw, I hope this House won't be too dark. My girlfriend will be coming with me some days of HHN, and she's interested in this House's concept, but she has night- blindness and thus doesn't do well in Houses that are really dark (i.e. Two years ago, when we went through Tomb of the Ancients, she said she couldn't see a thing). So, hopefully, they won't go with the "Canopy of shrubbery overhead completely blocking out all light above" motif too much if at all.

Edited by Nightcrawler