Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, MGregorio594 said:

Does anyone think they will do stay and scream the opening night of HHN? Do they usually or is it just the opening "scaremonies" at the front gate then everyone is let in? 

They did it last year and I believe the year before. If you're a passholder be on the lookout for the early entry signups for the first 2 weekends.

7 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I can not think of anything I'd rather do less than get on  Jimmy Fallon ride. I hated him on SNL and nothings changed. Im sure he's  a cool dude though.....

Just wait until you ride F&F...

• Like 3

Hey everybody! I know I never post anything but I've been keeping up on these speculation boards here and on IU forever. Super excited for the announcements so far and the retro theme! To get to the point, today I had been spoiled the entire list of houses that are going to be at this year's event. When I went to check the source later in the day, the titles of each house were changed to codenames, but ones I've never seen before. Examples of some: Stinky, William, Luigi, Lighthouse. In retrospect I'm not sure why I'm posting this since I'm not really mentioning anything important but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Boosaphus Rex said:

Hey everybody! I know I never post anything but I've been keeping up on these speculation boards here and on IU forever. Super excited for the announcements so far and the retro theme! To get to the point, today I had been spoiled the entire list of houses that are going to be at this year's event. When I went to check the source later in the day, the titles of each house were changed to codenames, but ones I've never seen before. Examples of some: Stinky, William, Luigi, Lighthouse. In retrospect I'm not sure why I'm posting this since I'm not really mentioning anything important but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.

...Luigi?

It's a ghost house, isn't it?

• Like 1

Sorry to go slightly off topic of speculations, but I need your opinion. I’ve been reading this message board for a few weeks now and you guys are awesome. 

Coming to HHN night for first time in 7 years and super excited. Unfortunately it’s a short trip and other parks are also planned and with the people I’m going with, money needs to be watched (as I’m the only one super excited for hhn) so I only have 2 options for tickets.

Wednesday Oct 24-1 night ($70) +  Express (this was my original plan but they just raised express to $109 so about $180 total

Wednesday Oct 24 & Thursday Oct 25-2 nights but no express pass is $106ish 

So which should I do??? I’m a huuuge horror movie and haunted house fan and want to see as much as I can. The express now at $109 makes me pause. However, I am not a fan of waiting in a long line (not that anyone is-but I really get anxious).

I still think I want to do 1 night w express (to avoid the lines) but the others want to do the 2 nights to save money.

What do you guys think? 

• Like 1

@TimothyJ are you able to do one night with Express and one night without?   I would hate to say do both nights without and you end up in lines all night and no chance to really enjoy scarezomes.  But maybe that just me.  I like to just sit down in good zones and chill and watch.  The Chance zone and the Vamp55 were awesome for that a couple years ago.  The scareactors eventually notice your sitting and try to get you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@TimothyJ If you're going to parks during the day then I would suggest doing Stay & Scream and doing 2 nights without Express. You'll probably get everything done that way but understand you WILL have to wait in very long lines at some point in the night. If no Stay & Scream then Express for one night for sure. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways and you'll either have to pay the big bucks to skip the lines and guarantee getting everything done or save some money to wait in longer lines and probably not see everything. Ultimately what's more important to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Gambit said:

@TimothyJ If you're going to parks during the day then I would suggest doing Stay & Scream and doing 2 nights without Express. You'll probably get everything done that way but understand you WILL have to wait in very long lines at some point in the night. If no Stay & Scream then Express for one night for sure. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways and you'll either have to pay the big bucks to skip the lines and guarantee getting everything done or save some money to wait in longer lines and probably not see everything. Ultimately what's more important to you?

That’s the problem-I want it both ways haha 

@TimothyJ I strongly recommend doing Stay and Scream. That’s what I’ve been doing for the past 4 years and I’ve been able to hit every house and at least 1 show before the end of the night. Depending on the layout and where you decide to go for Stay and Scream, it’s possible to do 4 houses in the first hour. Once the lines start to get long is a good time to go hang out in the scarezones or go see a show. Do the 2 nights without express. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

express is gimmick tho. 
 I heard people getting an express and still waiting excess of 45 or more for big name houses. I know it's not over an hour, but in theory that's crazy The event is roughly 8 hours.. . I partially blame all the fear pass with express.  They don't put a cap on those and sell the same amount of express. I remember back in 2007 and 2008 Express after 11pm was half off.  
 I would say two nights no express it Is possible to do at least 6 houses by 9pm if you have a master plan. Most people don't want to pay for parking which is discount or free after 8pm 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never done express. My GF and I give ourselves at least three days at the event, do stay and scream every time and are generally able to see whatever we want and re-do ones we liked the best. This year we'll be there for many days and five HHN nights. We did four last year and liked not having to do everything every night. It is fun to be able to spend some extra time in the zones. I've been lucky enough to be there for two chainsaw clown years and they are often my favorites to watch in action. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you all for your responses!

now back to speculating: I want to know more about this Meteor house. I’m very intrigued by it and that it seems to be the only one left that people don’t seem to know much about. Any more info on it? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TimothyJ said:

Thank you all for your responses!

now back to speculating: I want to know more about this Meteor house. I’m very intrigued by it and that it seems to be the only one left that people don’t seem to know much about. Any more info on it? 

I think we are far enough along with speculation that I can say it is a similar concept to the Lonesome Death Of Jordy Verrill from Creepshow. That was originally based on a Lovecraft story about a meteorite crashing to earth and  bringing strange, dangerous alien vegetation with it. I think that is the gist, but I know no details other than maybe a crashed plane set piece. I think that's been mentioned.  

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

I think we are far enough along with speculation that I can say it is a similar concept to the Lonesome Death Of Jordy Verrill from Creepshow. That was originally based on a Lovecraft story about a meteorite crashing to earth and  bringing strange, dangerous alien vegetation with it. I think that is the gist, but I know no details other than maybe a crashed plane set piece. I think that's been mentioned.  

And the moon being the only source of light. Legacy said that DE was the scariest house announced “so far” and he called Meteor his most anticipated.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

express is gimmick tho. 
 I heard people getting an express and still waiting excess of 45 or more for big name houses. I know it's not over an hour, but in theory that's crazy The event is roughly 8 hours.. . I partially blame all the fear pass with express.  They don't put a cap on those and sell the same amount of express. I remember back in 2007 and 2008 Express after 11pm was half off.  
 I would say two nights no express it Is possible to do at least 6 houses by 9pm if you have a master plan. Most people don't want to pay for parking which is discount or free after 8pm 

Can confirm that two nights with stay and scream is adequate. We split the front and back portion of the houses for either night. We can do 3-4 per night within the first 60 minutes and then circle back to do a favorite or two another 1-2 times before it gets too crazy (more than an hour wait).

I've been going for over 10 years and travel from Wisconsin. I've got this process down. One night we stay in Finnegans for dinner and front lot. The other night we stay at Simpsons for burgers and back lot. Feel free to message me with any questions so we can keep this thread on topic :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, homelessjogger said:

Can confirm that two nights with stay and scream is adequate. We split the front and back portion of the houses for either night. We can do 3-4 per night within the first 60 minutes and then circle back to do a favorite or two another 1-2 times before it gets too crazy (more than an hour wait).

I've been going for over 10 years and travel from Wisconsin. I've got this process down. One night we stay in Finnegans for dinner and front lot. The other night we stay at Simpsons for burgers and back lot. Feel free to message me with any questions so we can keep this thread on topic :)

Great strategy. I travel from Vermont so also like to go in knowing what I'm doing. 

On 7/19/2018 at 3:17 PM, MGregorio594 said:

With the new Potter coaster next year, Nintendo Land, replacements to older rides/lands like Shrek, Terminator, KidZone, and Lost Continent coming someday, the eventual 4th gate, and years of HHN to come, I'm positive creative will redeem themselves for just replicating rides at their other park on the west coast.  

Lost continent does not need replacing, it, especially the Greek section is the best area in all of universal.

Also, 3rd gate not 4th, don’t believe marketing’s lies, water parks do not count as anywhere close to equal to a real park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We always get the fast pass. The ONLY time Ive ever waited more than 20 minutes for a house was when they had to stop the line bc of an accident of something. And in 10 years I can only think of that happening twice. Krampus, but they gave us a super secret password to come back and go to the fast pass line bc they had already scanned it.... the other time was last year when the power went out. We were in line for The Hive. We were shit out of luck for that. If you want to be sure to see all houses in one night. Get the fast pass. Can you hit 10 houses in one night w/o one? Possibly, but highly doubtful. I think the star would have to align for you for that to happen. Its 10 houses and its gonna be PACKED.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1