Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

Oh good... so everyone else saw the hilarious (also sad sad unfortunate) confirmation pic as well. My expectations for this year have fallen even further. Hi HHN, you were supposed to be 2016 2.0, NOT 2017.... sigh..

44 minutes ago, DRLOTS said:

ive personally never seen Halloween 4, I just assumed they were all garbage after Halloween 3

^They were, except for H20 & Resurrection since those 2 feature Jamie Lee Curtis. Plus Resurrection also lets us see Michael Myers kill Tyra Banks, so that's a plus even if the movie is pointless after the epic opening.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, Hanniel said:

Murdy just stated in a Twitter Q&A that a scarezone called "Hells Harvest" will have chainsaw guys.  Sounds like it may be similar to "The Harvest" scarezone announced for Orlando, but maybe it'll be different.

Also, Murdy confirmed dates in November for HHN.

There is NO "maybe". It WILL be different. It is very very rare for Hollywood & Orlando to ever have a scarezone that is remotely similar. Last time that happened was 2014 & both were terrible. Also, there is a very very very good chance that "Hell's Harvest" is the official name for the Trick R Treat scarezone at the park entrance.

Murdy didn't need to confirm the dates, it was pretty much a given that the event would run until Nov 3rd like Orlando, especially considering Halloween falls on a wednesday. Besides, we've had November dates for the past few years now. 

@WESKER69 I have to admit I was also pretty saddened about the leaked photo, I at least wanted some big announcements made at Scare LA or have like a week long announcement session, I honestly still have no freaking clue how that could've gotten out

Also @Hanniel I believe was replying to me because I was wondering if they were having the event in November again this year, I went the past 2 years again in November and I love it 

1 hour ago, DRLOTS said:

@WESKER69 I have to admit I was also pretty saddened about the leaked photo, I at least wanted some big announcements made at Scare LA or have like a week long announcement session, I honestly still have no freaking clue how that could've gotten out

Oh god... that is NOT at all what I was referring to. Ugh.. the ONLY thing sad about the photo (which isn't exactly something to be considered "leaked" since it is not an official promo photo/ad from Universal), is that it confirmed "Halloween 4" is actually happening. THAT is what you should be saddened by.

Considering that the event starts in 39 days, they need to get their ass in gear with announcements since they have 4 mazes, 1 scarezone (2 technically), show, & terror tram to (officially) announce. Orlando only has 5 houses left to announce 2 originals & 3 IPs. Hollywood is A LOT further behind. I'd love to know what prevented them from making an announcement at MSS (besides the obvious c0ck-blocking from WB).

In regards to say- Poltergeist, it is OWNED by Warner Bros... They could've EASILY pulled it from HHN due to one simple minor little detail when it comes to using other people's IPs. All they'd have to say is that it does not live up to standards and/or expectations, which damages the brand. This is an actual loophole when it comes to contracts. When its all said & done, it comes down to $$$$$.

Also.... "leaks" have been happening for HHN for the past several years now, it is nothing new. No i'm not referring to the rumored maze line-up "leaks". I'm talking about unannounced maze leaks via commercial & other promo media. "SCREAM" was very clearly visible on the Publix HHN ticket standee that year before it was "Purged". Now they make the cardboard standees as basic as a pumpkin spice latte to avoid such incidents. One year, Burger King had their HHN cups/tray liners out too soon, again... hence the basic-ness. Of course, the best kind of leaks is either from Universal themselves mentioning both events will share an IP when one of those coasts hasn't made the announcement yet. And the classic european travel agencies mentioning certain details. Or certain people tied to specific IP's, like creator of Chucky, Don Mancini confirming on twitter that everyone's favorite killer doll would be at HHN last year. This is what happens when you deal with IPs and/or take 9 years to announce the shit. *ahem Hollywood*

i can think of some scenes that might be used in the blumhouse house. forgot how to spoiler tag so spoilers for truth or dare and unfriended 1 and 2.

truth or dare - gas station with burnt customer, small hallway with guy's arm with truth or dare being written on it, hammer to hand, pen through eye scare, servering tongue[water spray], mirror scare with demon.

unfriended - blender scene [water effect], hair dryer through mouth scene, room with laura's ghost.

unfriended dark web - red room scenes [similar to the torture scenes in hostel], bedroom with kidnappers, train push [similar to the train scene in american werewolf in london], girl with hole in head, hanging body scene.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 9:23 PM, Hanniel said:

Murdy just stated in a Twitter Q&A that a scarezone called "Hells Harvest" will have chainsaw guys.  Sounds like it may be similar to "The Harvest" scarezone announced for Orlando, but maybe it'll be different.

Also, Murdy confirmed dates in November for HHN.

Did they just rename the zone?  I thought it was called Holidayz in Hell.       "The 'Z' makes it Hollywood"TM   

The Harvest in Orlando will have nothing to do with Hollywood's event.  Well, maybe very tangentially...  Orlando's Harvest will be a photo op where they have "something"  (character, small set piece, etc) that represents their houses.  At least that's what we know at this point.   So because some IPs will be shared, Orlando's zone may have a character or two from the shared house.

Hollywood'z Scare Zone (damn, Murdy, now you're making me do it) will be entirely unique.

As for the facades:

Yup, looks like Poltergeist.  And thanks Universal for the leak.  Someone needs to update their LinkedIn profile...

Weird that they basically copied the existing theater facade from the upper lot in the lower lot.  I would assume this would be Blumhouse...  Is the rumor that there will be a First Purge house AND a Blumhouse 2.0?  I seriously care so little about the park 40 miles from my house...

And that crappy looking strip mall...  First Purge I guess?  The colors are so garish during the daytime (too playful), but it still has quite a bit of work left.   Where is this one again?  AHS location?  Saw location?

And how freakin' sad is it that we are discovering this from LEAKS and COMPLETED WORK and not from marketing??? 

If I lived halfway between Orlando and Hollywood, why would I possibly want to head west when they have provided so little?

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

Did they just rename the zone?  I thought it was called Holidayz in Hell.       "The 'Z' makes it Hollywood"TM   

The Harvest in Orlando will have nothing to do with Hollywood's event.  Well, maybe very tangentially...  Orlando's Harvest will be a photo op where they have "something"  (character, small set piece, etc) that represents their houses.  At least that's what we know at this point.   So because some IPs will be shared, Orlando's zone may have a character or two from the shared house.

Hollywood'z Scare Zone (damn, Murdy, now you're making me do it) will be entirely unique.

As for the facades:

Yup, looks like Poltergeist.  And thanks Universal for the leak.  Someone needs to update their LinkedIn profile...

Weird that they basically copied the existing theater facade from the upper lot in the lower lot.  I would assume this would be Blumhouse...  Is the rumor that there will be a First Purge house AND a Blumhouse 2.0?  I seriously care so little about the park 40 miles from my house...

And that crappy looking strip mall...  First Purge I guess?  The colors are so garish during the daytime (too playful), but it still has quite a bit of work left.   Where is this one again?  AHS location?  Saw location?

And how freakin' sad is it that we are discovering this from LEAKS and COMPLETED WORK and not from marketing??? 

If I lived halfway between Orlando and Hollywood, why would I possibly want to head west when they have provided so little?

Holidayz in Hell is our already announced scarezone located out on the backlot, same spot as Urban Inferno. Hell’s Harvest is a scarezone name let slip by John. My best spec since that’s said to be our entrance zone with chainsaws and trick ‘r Treat has been said to be the opening scaramony/New York zone is that we’re going back to 2011 style where there’s two zones in the entrance area (Scream and Klownz) with hell’s Harvest taking over the entrance fountain/universal boulevard area and trick ‘r Treat going by the New York facade by DreamWorks and universal plaza with the flame towers and the Sam photo op. 

Horrors of Blumhouse 2 is the rumor. I feel like this one was corporate pushed due to the rumored properties inside (Truth or Dare and Unfriended) that replaces john’s original maze. And he was probably already committed to the first purge as a full maze so just rolled with it as the full one and added Blumhouse instead of squeezing it in there. 

The strip mall facade is indeed for First Purge. The colors seem to be just the start. John stated in a tweet that they’ll be destroyed/burned out so we’ll be experiencing the purge while it’s already been happening for a while. This is located at the Ash vs. Evil dead/Krampus/crimson peak/TWD location. Poltergeist is outside of 747 same place as Saw and FVJ and Blumhouse is over at the AHS/FDTD spot

• Like 2

13 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Holidayz in Hell is our already announced scarezone located out on the backlot, same spot as Urban Inferno. Hell’s Harvest is a scarezone name let slip by John. My best spec since that’s said to be our entrance zone with chainsaws and trick ‘r Treat has been said to be the opening scaramony/New York zone is that we’re going back to 2011 style where there’s two zones in the entrance area (Scream and Klownz) with hell’s Harvest taking over the entrance fountain/universal boulevard area and trick ‘r Treat going by the New York facade by DreamWorks and universal plaza with the flame towers and the Sam photo op. 

Horrors of Blumhouse 2 is the rumor. I feel like this one was corporate pushed due to the rumored properties inside (Truth or Dare and Unfriended) that replaces john’s original maze. And he was probably already committed to the first purge as a full maze so just rolled with it as the full one and added Blumhouse instead of squeezing it in there. 

The strip mall facade is indeed for First Purge. The colors seem to be just the start. John stated in a tweet that they’ll be destroyed/burned out so we’ll be experiencing the purge while it’s already been happening for a while. This is located at the Ash vs. Evil dead/Krampus/crimson peak/TWD location. Poltergeist is outside of 747 same place as Saw and FVJ and Blumhouse is over at the AHS/FDTD spot

Thank you for that clarification!  When you say that Blumhouse 2 may have replaced "john's original maze", do you mean original as in original content?  Or the original IP that was to have gone there?

7 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Thank you for that clarification!  When you say that Blumhouse 2 may have replaced "john's original maze", do you mean original as in original content?  Or the original IP that was to have gone there?

Original content. On twitter John talked early on about how he designed an original maze for this year’s event but it was scrapped in favor of an IP maze, and he furthermore revealed that it would be another original maze set in Mexico

22 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Original content. On twitter John talked early on about how he designed an original maze for this year’s event but it was scrapped in favor of an IP maze, and he furthermore revealed that it would be another original maze set in Mexico

I'm....um...really?  Sure would have loved to see that happen.

leak me once, im mad. leak me twice, how could you. leak me three times, you're officialy that guy. you know the one, the one that goes to his twitter account and like "this leak was totally intetional,"I AIIIIIIIIN"T HAVING THEM LIES!

On 8/7/2018 at 3:01 PM, DRLOTS said:

@themazethinker uhmmmm where the heck did you find this!!! Woah

it was on the hhn hollywood website before it was taken down https://hollywood.halloweenhorrornights.com/

I'm an Orlando-goer, but just because I'm curious, this is Hollywood's lineup?

Classic Monsters - Persian Courtyard

Trick 'r Treat - Revenge of the Mummy Queue

The Walking Dead - The Walking Dead Walkthrough

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - Waterworld Queue

The First Purge - Metro Tent 1

Poltergeist - Metro Tent 2

The Horrors of Blumhouse: Volume 2 - AHS Tent

Terror Tram: Dreadtime Stories

9 minutes ago, HHN Pro said:

I'm an Orlando-goer, but just because I'm curious, this is Hollywood's lineup?

Classic Monsters - Persian Courtyard

Trick 'r Treat - Revenge of the Mummy Queue

The Walking Dead - The Walking Dead Walkthrough

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - Waterworld Queue

The First Purge - Metro Tent 1

Poltergeist - Metro Tent 2

The Horrors of Blumhouse: Volume 2 - AHS Tent

Terror Tram: Dreadtime Stories

Yup that.about sums it up!