Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

2 minutes ago, DRLOTS said:

I found a bunch if videos on YouTube from last year's event and it looked pretty solid, I'm excited to what they do this year

And thats the thing, last year was not a full blown haunt event like this year is supposed to be. They just threw some stuff together & called it a day. Last year was just to test the waters.

Their stand-out features: Pennywise in the sewer drain & Gremlins shadows in the windows causing chaos.

Meanwhile for HHN this year....

- Terror Tram = ORIGINAL THEME

- there WILL be an IP scarezone

- Parisian Courtyard maze will apparently have an outdoor segment in the Universal Plaza like the previous 2 years (Purge: Gauntlet of Fear & Horrors of Blumhouse)

- No returning mazes (although that could be questionable due to IP)

- The flame bar will return in the Upper Lot entrance scarezone

3 hours ago, Stilesvision said:

Are we gonna see killer klownz from outer space in a maze or scarezone this year since it’s the 30th anniversary?

It's actually rumored it might be one of the mazes this year but we will see,  it might be the maze in Waterworld que since there not alot of rumors about that one yet

4 hours ago, Stilesvision said:

Are we gonna see killer klownz from outer space in a maze or scarezone this year since it’s the 30th anniversary?

It’s rumored to be a scare zone and if it does come hopefully the reception is good so we can get a maze in 2019 :)

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, WESKER69 said:

except for Halloween... unless it gets thrown into Blumhouse 2.0

Considering what rumors are going around for Blumhouse, don't go looking for Halloween in there...or any good property for the matter if the rumors end up true.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

Blumhouse speculation is all over the place so hold out hope for any BH property getting dumped into that pit of fire

Oh god what are these rumors? Man 2018s lineup seems to be getting weaker and weaker

As someone who usually hears the leaked line-up and can confirm here/there with its accuracy... this year from the start made me scratch my head and go "Hmmmm".. So I've just put myself in the "I'll believe it when I see it & hope for the best" camp. Despite the unnecessary stumble with The First Purge, there are still 4 more mazes to be announced & at least 2 more scarezones. 

Oh yea.. we also have this tentative confirmation the other day via Instagram

GtD4aIH.jpg

52 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

As someone who usually hears the leaked line-up and can confirm here/there with its accuracy... this year from the start made me scratch my head and go "Hmmmm".. So I've just put myself in the "I'll believe it when I see it & hope for the best" camp. Despite the unnecessary stumble with The First Purge, there are still 4 more mazes to be announced & at least 2 more scarezones. 

Oh yea.. we also have this tentative confirmation the other day via Instagram

GtD4aIH.jpg

Same man! I'm just hoping for the best as well, oh god don't even get me started on the Jabbawockeez

Trust me... I'm a huge fan of Bill & Ted, and I was kinda "meh" towards what I saw in 2015 when Jabbawockeez debuted at HHN. 2016 gave us the exact same show only the better version of it, so while it wasn't terrible it was still the same (and it was also just a shorter version of their Vegas show "Dreamz". So yes, I was not thrilled about their return for another year after 2015/2016. ....HOWEVER......

Everyone likes to talk shit about the Jabbawockeez, but they DID do an amazing show last year. They put a lot of effort into providing an ALL NEW show, with a plot & theme. Even went the extra mile to create a queue video/preshow for the holding area outside the theatre. So IF they put that much effort into another NEW show this year, then I will be happy. I met Phi last year after one of the shows because he was in town & wanted to see the finished product since he had been in China helping open a new Jabbawockeez show their. Very nice guy. Told him they need to do a monster themed show for HHN with "Zombiwockeez" :zombie_attack:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DRLOTS said:

1 hour ago, WESKER69 said:

...... there are still 4 more mazes to be announced & at least 2 more scarezones. 

Was a scare zone announced? I must have missed that. So far I've heard of Stranger Things, Trick R Treat and The First Purge.

39 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

You guys thought The First Purge maze was a bad idea, ...it gets so much worse!

Considering nobody actually knows 100% what Hollywood's line-up actually is (except for Universal), not me or any of the other so-called "insiders"... That is a very bold statement without providing any form of intelligent back up to your claim. And nobody said The First Purge was a "bad idea" (certain subject matter as far as costumes go? sure), just a very lazy one at this point in time considering what they could've done instead.

Unless you actually provide something substantial as to what kind of alleged "gloom & doom" you're trying to insinuate, its best to keep an open mind about the rest of the line-up.

• Like 2

I gotta go with wesker on this one. What is the point of saying "neener neener, I know some rumors and you won't like it," except to pretend you might know something to which point we could care less because clearly you don't have any info.

This is a speculation thread. If you're not going to give any info and instead taunt people, which is effectively what's happening, then GTFO.

I've only been on this thread about a year and a half. I have nothing to contribute but opinions and good holiday effing cheer. As such I rely on the kindness of these fans to help me get excited. Stop ruining it for me. Lol

Edited by dykealiscious
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dykealiscious said:

I gotta go with wesker on this one. What is the point of saying "neener neener, I know some rumors and you won't like it," except to pretend you might know something to which point we could care less because clearly you don't have any info.

This is a speculation thread. If you're not going to give any info and instead taunt people, which is effectively what's happening, then GTFO.

I've only been on this thread about a year and a half. I have nothing to contribute but opinions and good holiday effing cheer. As such I rely on the kindness of these fans to help me get excited. Stop ruining it for me. Lol

I just keep hoping we get a surprised like last year, everyone was saying the mazes were going to be one way and then Murdy came out with a Titans of Terror annout which nobody speculated, at least to my knowledge so it was a nice surprise

6 minutes ago, DRLOTS said:

I just keep hoping we get a surprised like last year, everyone was saying the mazes were going to be one way and then Murdy came out with a Titans of Terror annout which nobody speculated, at least to my knowledge so it was a nice surprise

Right?! I like being surprised AND I also like the leaked lineups as something root for like a bad baseball team. 

2 hours ago, DRLOTS said:

Well, to my knowledge, ToT wasn’t a surprise as much as it was a quick overlay after they lost The Conjuring, akin to Orlando’s The Hive.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit