Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

I am so sad I won't be working this year. ): Been waiting for Trick r' Treat since I started working, or even just going before that... And now I live in Norcal. Wasn't even able to visit last year. I'm going out of my way to visit this year, but still. Really wish I could work. D:

1 hour ago, dereksdominance said:

Trick r Treat is going in Mummy queue so don't get too excited. I'm predicting this will be the cheap maze. 

A concept; we don’t necessarily have to have a cheap maze.

Remember 2016? I mean we did have The Exorcist, but that was done by design. 

From what people with inside information have said, the event went over budget in 2016 which caused the budget cuts of 2017 (mostly seen in Ash and The Shining). They weren’t planned to be the cheap mazes, talking with John on Twitter there was a lot more planned for Ash (even he was disappointed in it not turning out the way he wanted) and there was a bit more planned for The Shining. 

But back to the Insiders, I think a little bit ago one of them mentioned that the events budget has increased as a whole. Seeing as we’re keeping the same maze count as 2016 and 2017, a higher budget year will most likely mean no cheap mazes

*aggressively runs through a forest punching every single tree*

cause knock on wood. 

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:55 PM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

A concept; we don’t necessarily have to have a cheap maze.

Remember 2016? I mean we did have The Exorcist, but that was done by design. 

From what people with inside information have said, the event went over budget in 2016 which caused the budget cuts of 2017 (mostly seen in Ash and The Shining). They weren’t planned to be the cheap mazes, talking with John on Twitter there was a lot more planned for Ash (even he was disappointed in it not turning out the way he wanted) and there was a bit more planned for The Shining. 

But back to the Insiders, I think a little bit ago one of them mentioned that the events budget has increased as a whole. Seeing as we’re keeping the same maze count as 2016 and 2017, a higher budget year will most likely mean no cheap mazes

*aggressively runs through a forest punching every single tree*

cause knock on wood. 

That would be a DREAM. Mummy queue has seen both the best and worst mazes so I'll stay cautiously optimistic. Trick r Treat really isn't a challenging maze concept/ theme so it could work for this location. 

• 2 weeks later...

So out of curiosity I checked the Jabbawockeez performance schedule and noticed on their official website that tickets were on sale for September and October in Las Vegas.

Unless they have multiple, alternate dance groups, I wonder if this means they will not be at HHN Hollywood this year?  If I remember correctly, in past years when they performed at HHN they didn't have a show in Las Vegas at the same time.  I personally am hoping they won't be back only because I don't care for that type of entertainment.

As a side note, Bill and Ted part 3 has been officially green lit which gives me a fool's hope that they may bring back the Bill and Ted show.

Edited by Hanniel
  • Like 1

Looks like we’re saying goodbye to The Thing and It this year. These two IPs got purged for what seems like a while now and our replacements are Poltergeist and, drum roll please...The First Purge.

I wish I was kidding.

Again this has not been confirmed and we should all take this with a grain of salt. For all we know this could be the Conjuring/Leatherface/TOT scenario all over again. If this is true, then I knew the original leaked lineup was too good to last.

1 hour ago, Henry14 said:

Looks like we’re saying goodbye to The Thing and It this year. These two IPs got purged for what seems like a while now and our replacements are Poltergeist and, drum roll please...The First Purge.

I wish I was kidding.

Again this has not been confirmed and we should all take this with a grain of salt. For all we know this could be the Conjuring/Leatherface/TOT scenario all over again. If this is true, then I knew the original leaked lineup was too good to last.

Yikes, that's rough Hollywood, sending positivity.

On 6/10/2018 at 5:36 AM, Hanniel said:

So out of curiosity I checked the Jabbawockeez performance schedule and noticed on their official website that tickets were on sale for September and October in Las Vegas.

Unless they have multiple, alternate dance groups, I wonder if this means they will not be at HHN Hollywood this year?  If I remember correctly, in past years when they performed at HHN they didn't have a show in Las Vegas at the same time.  I personally am hoping they won't be back only because I don't care for that type of entertainment.

As a side note, Bill and Ted part 3 has been officially green lit which gives me a fool's hope that they may bring back the Bill and Ted show.

Jabbacrappeeez do in fact have regional groups, which means they spread the suck throughout the world.  

Even if Orlando does by some miracle have a reunion tour for B&T, I don't think Hollywood would ever have the guts to do likewise.  We will have to settle for The Hanging until Cedar Fair someday buckles to someone who is offended.  Fortunately,  The Hanging is far raunchier than B&T ever was.  That being said, when Hollywood cancelled the B&T show, the UCB improv troupe did a one night only B&T show.  I attended and have an audio of the whole thing.  It was for all intents and purposes a typical B&T show (without the dancing).  So now that B&T is truly gone, who knows - maybe they will revive it this year.  I just shot off an Email (info@ucbcomedy.com) begging them to bring it back this year.  You might want to do the same...

On 6/10/2018 at 7:38 PM, Henry14 said:

I wish I was kidding.

I just threw up a but in my mouth.

At least we know where The First Purge would go.  Is a Blumhouse 2 still rumored?  Because Purge + Blumhouse makes HHN look like a Blumhouse event, not an HHN.

• Like 2

So I found out that Jabbawokeez does not have multiple teams, though they do have associated acts, so it appears they will not be going to HHN this year.

I am sure HHN will have some entertainment act on stage, so let the speculation begin!

Edited by Hanniel

On 6/14/2018 at 1:23 PM, Hanniel said:

So I found out that Jabbawokeez does not have multiple teams, though they do have associated acts, so it appears they will not be going to HHN this year.

I am sure HHN will have some entertainment act on stage, so let the speculation begin!

giphy.gif

If Jabbacrappers don't appear, I may actually go just to say thanks.

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2018 at 6:58 PM, zombieman said:

I could give a ratz asz (new scarezone, Murdy?) about HHN Hollywood this year.  They lost a customer after last year.  Murdy needs to stay in Ireland.

If I go, it will only be to take my daughter, who loves ST.

Will fly out to Orlando if the originals look good

My first HHN Hollywood experience was 2016, after being a strict Orlando only goer for years, and I guess I got lucky by that year being amazing and I thought Krampus was one of the best houses ever. It left such a strong positive impression on me I had to return for 2017 but boy did it suck and just left me wanting to head back to Orlando's event. I want to be hopeful and positive but after last year it is sure hard to. I already have my Orlando trip booked but trying to leave a weekend open to possibly travel to LA if some miraculously wonderful reviews for this year start pouring in. But I sadly agree last year was so bad it tainted my wonderful 26 experience and I can't even book a weekend in LA till I hear some feedback....so I am in the group of also lost a customer :(

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Henry14 said:

I wish I was kidding.

Why are we not surprised lol it just kills me that HHN gets one great property each year and kinda ditches the rest of the IPs any time a conflict arises. I'm not knowledgeable on the process but if HHN previously did The Thing remake/ prequel why could they not obtain rights to the original?! Not giving up hope on the lineup yet but definitely not splurging on FOL or VIP this year.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:23 PM, Hanniel said:

Not sure how you've come to this conclusion because they most certainly do have multiple "teams" just like Blue Man Group. I met one of the ORIGINAL Jabbawockeez last year after one of the shows at HHN, he came to see how the full show turned out for HHN and hype up the crew. He had been helping with their new show in China or wherever. They have shows all over the place, not "associated acts". Point is.. Never say never with their return as our entertainment, especially after last year's amazingly well done show.

in other news...

Midsummer Scream

Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood presentation

Sunday - July 29th (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM)

With the whole Warner Bros Studios doing the IT experience again this year for Halloween, I gurantee they won't let Horror Nights use the property, that's why they couldn't use IT last year either, which honestly is a massive letdown, I went to the Niebolt Street IT experience when it was in Hollywood and it was a failure all around, I know Horror Nights would do the movie justice, there's always next year...

28 minutes ago, DRLOTS said:

With the whole Warner Bros Studios doing the IT experience again this year for Halloween, I gurantee they won't let Horror Nights use the property, that's why they couldn't use IT last year either, which honestly is a massive letdown, I went to the Niebolt Street IT experience when it was in Hollywood and it was a failure all around, I know Horror Nights would do the movie justice, there's always next year...

There are so many things flawed with this statement its hilarious. Let me enlighten you:

1 - The IT Niebolt Experience was a FREE attraction to promote the new movie. Again... FREE.. WB once again did a FREE walk-through experience on a slightly bigger scale for "Ready Player One" this year to promote the new movie. Again... FREE.. They didn't have to do these FREE attractions to promote the films, but they did. Instead of sh*tting on it, you should be grateful & thankful.

2 - The IT attraction was NOT a failure all around. It introduced you to the world & environment of the Neibolt House with some fun "scares". It was never meant to be a full blown haunted house experience that you pay $80+ to go through at a theme park. 

3 - HHN not getting "IT" last year isn't a letdown at all. You also don't actually know that HHN would do the movie justice because HHN has had many IP maze failures (a few just last year). Don't get all high & mighty about HHN being superior when you have to pay $80+ to attend an event that could end up being mediocre or completely terrible.

4 - There is no "always next year". Universal isn't getting "IT" anytime in the near future. With the sequel coming out next year, I can assure you that WB will be featuring IT at their event again since they own it.

4 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

4 - There is no "always next year". Universal isn't getting "IT" anytime in the near future. With the sequel coming out next year, I can assure you that WB will be featuring IT at their event again since they own it.

...unless the event completely fails and loses WB a ton of money, which is honestly pretty far-fetched.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

There are so many things flawed with this statement its hilarious. Let me enlighten you:

1 - The IT Niebolt Experience was a FREE attraction to promote the new movie. Again... FREE.. WB once again did a FREE walk-through experience on a slightly bigger scale for "Ready Player One" this year to promote the new movie. Again... FREE.. They didn't have to do these FREE attractions to promote the films, but they did. Instead of sh*tting on it, you should be grateful & thankful.

2 - The IT attraction was NOT a failure all around. It introduced you to the world & environment of the Neibolt House with some fun "scares". It was never meant to be a full blown haunted house experience that you pay $80+ to go through at a theme park. 

3 - HHN not getting "IT" last year isn't a letdown at all. You also don't actually know that HHN would do the movie justice because HHN has had many IP maze failures (a few just last year). Don't get all high & mighty about HHN being superior when you have to pay $80+ to attend an event that could end up being mediocre or completely terrible.

Well... Thank you for the enlightenment I didn't know I apparently needed, I appreciate you being calm and collected with your response by the way, but anyways I actually hope the IT experience does well, I plan on going to the Warner Bros event this year because unfortunately I missed out on it last year, that being said I would love to see Horror Nights take on an IT maze is all, yes I'm aware some of their mazes haven't been the most successful but I have faith in them and I enjoy what they do there, that's just my opinion on the matter, did anyone on here happen to go to Warner Bros event last year? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

...unless the event completely fails and loses WB a ton of money, which is honestly pretty far-fetched.

it didn't fail the past two years... and this event is like spending chump change to them (aka- getting a coffee). They're just playing with their toys.

unlike Universal who hasn't learned that playing with other people's toys can royally screw them over (aka.... when we lose IPs)... My point: Universal doesn't need IPs, especially ones they don't own