Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

15 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Not true... advanced screenings are a beautiful thing. Unfortunately, due to work, I had to miss the advanced screening a few months ago for Halloween. But the reactions from that screening were very positive.

Unfortunately, I was off to do the advanced screening of The First Purge back in May... even though it was free, I still wanted my money back <_<

All I meant was that a majority of us who have not seen the advanced screening cannot speculate as to the possibility of whether a theater marquee could be the facade for a Halloween maze

21 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

All I meant was that a majority of us who have not seen the advanced screening cannot speculate as to the possibility of whether a theater marquee could be the facade for a Halloween maze

Psh I wish I could have screened the new Halloween, I know it's most likely Blumhouse 2 but I was just trying to keep a little optimism, I dont quite comprehend how Truth or Dare or unfriended would make good maze material

1 hour ago, DRLOTS said:

I dont quite comprehend how Truth or Dare or unfriended would make good maze material

Simple... You have big creepy anime grins.. very easy to execute for scareactors. Plus in the dark maze setting, they'll be very effective for scares. I have not seen it (yet), but I think it will be just fine.

Unfriended however, I'd have to see it to get a better idea because unlike Truth or Dare, the trailer didn't really help.

So it doesn't seem like anyone acknowledged this yet (the previous pages on this thread are clogged with pointless rambling wish lists)...

There weren't any "dancer" auditions this year for HHN... aka- No Go-Go Dancers for Scarezone 1 this year. Which honestly, is rather disappointing  because I found it to be a very positive unique tradition for Hollywood's event. It helped solidify that it wasn't a "family friendly" event like Mickey's Halloween Party. Personally, the girls brought energy to the scarezone and helped as a distraction for scareactors to get that unsuspecting scare.

We actually have no rumors at all what our entrance scarezone is going to be. And that is a little unnerving Universal has been able to keep it top secret. The good news is, we're at least getting our flame tower of doom back!!!

10 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

So it doesn't seem like anyone acknowledged this yet (the previous pages on this thread are clogged with pointless rambling wish lists)...

There weren't any "dancer" auditions this year for HHN... aka- No Go-Go Dancers for Scarezone 1 this year. Which honestly, is rather disappointing  because I found it to be a very positive unique tradition for Hollywood's event. It helped solidify that it wasn't a "family friendly" event like Mickey's Halloween Party. Personally, the girls brought energy to the scarezone and helped as a distraction for scareactors to get that unsuspecting scare.

We actually have no rumors at all what our entrance scarezone is going to be. And that is a little unnerving Universal has been able to keep it top secret. The good news is, we're at least getting our flame tower of doom back!!!

Wow this is the first time that I'm hearing this Information, and it's crazy, they always have the dancers right at the entrance or sometimes down on the back lot, hmm I wonder why, I was thinking the exact same thing though I think it's weird how these mazes get "leaked" and yet we have no information on scare zones or how many there will be this year, to be honest I like not knowing whole lot of information

Well they haven't had the Go-Go Dancers on the backlot since 2014... That was the last year for them down there.

It will be very weird not seeing them when near the entrance of the park/scarezone. The reason why is "budget cuts" & the new park president being anti-fun.

One other thing I forgot to point out... Due to the delay with casting this year, it was also mentioned "They are still finalizing  some other matters related to HHN" .....which is NOT a good sign when the event begins in 49 days. To me it translates as "Oh crap, we just lost another IP, so now we have to figure something out because we've only announced 3 mazes & 1 scarezone so far!"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Well they haven't had the Go-Go Dancers on the backlot since 2014... That was the last year for them down there.

It will be very weird not seeing them when near the entrance of the park/scarezone. The reason why is "budget cuts" & the new park president being anti-fun.

One other thing I forgot to point out... Due to the delay with casting this year, it was also mentioned "They are still finalizing  some other matters related to HHN" .....which is NOT a good sign when the event begins in 49 days. To me it translates as "Oh crap, we just lost another IP, so now we have to figure something out because we've only announced 3 mazes & 1 scarezone so far!"

That could be a good thing though, especially for people who aren't looking forward to Halloween 4 or The Blumhouse mashup maybe we'll get a surprise maze

Considering that neither Halloween 4 or Blumhouse 2.0 has been announced yet, it shouldn't be treated as fact just because of what "insiders" say or not. Nothing is official until you walk into the park on opening night.

Also keep in mind that it is entirely possible for the Blumhouse Theatre facade to be reused for something else (not likely, but always possible). Personally, I think it'd be even more hilarious if they somehow lost "The First Purge" after having just recently announced it. Again, not likely, but would be epic lol

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Considering that neither Halloween 4 or Blumhouse 2.0 has been announced yet, it shouldn't be treated as fact just because of what "insiders" say or not. Nothing is official until you walk into the park on opening night.

Also keep in mind that it is entirely possible for the Blumhouse Theatre facade to be reused for something else (not likely, but always possible). Personally, I think it'd be even more hilarious if they somehow lost "The First Purge" after having just recently announced it. Again, not likely, but would be epic lol

I think that would be great if they reused the facade to throw everyone off! That's what I'm hoping they do, I was talking to my friend and he's like how awful would that be if they didn't announce any mazes at Midsummer but just announced scare zones and talk about the 3 mazes they already announced the whole time

Well we already know they're announcing a shared IP maze with Orlando, allegedly "Poltergeist", so I would not expect anything else in regards to our event. The only exception is them pulling a 2016 with TCM, but of course mention that Hollywood is also getting a Killer Klownz From Outerspace scarezone (Backlot Tunnel)..

I honestly would be perfectly fine with them reusing the Blumhouse Theatre facade for a maze because it was a great facade, even with it being defaced for The Purge last year.

9AVlfXx.jpg

Is it as fancy as the Universal Palace Theatre facade in 2009 at HHN Orlando for Silver Screams? No.

I5jLWRO.jpg

xVK4fdu.jpg

^sorry for the poor quality, don't have my hi-res copy anymore

Is it better than El Cucuy's theatre facade in 2013? slightly.

WreCpiF.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm sure we are getting Blumhouse, its just what films, we'll have to wait & see... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's another bit of speculation for you...... with the Jurassic Park River Adventure closing 2 weeks before HHN begins, will there be something to help draw people away from the mazes to reduce waittimes? Keep in mind, some of these people attending the event have never been to the park before (its sad, but true) and others want to ride the rides due to- 1: Being to chicken for the mazes. 2: Being too stupid to do the mazes while the waittime is short because they want to ride ________. So with JPRA off the list, that only leaves- Simpsons, Mummy & Transformers.

While I'd love to see them put the DreamWorks Animation Theatre to use (Singapore does during HHN with Shrek 4D. They replace the attraction film with the short film "Scared Shrekless" without motion-seating). I doubt USH will because they've failed to do so in the past with Shrek 4D. However, with the new D.A.T. attraction, they could use a variety of the Halloween based DreamWorks short films (Scared Shrekless - 20mins long, Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space - 20mins long, Monsters vs Aliens: Night of the Living Carrots - 10mins long, Shrek: The Pig Who Cried Werewolf - 5mins long, and of course Shrek: "Thriller" - 5mins long). If you're wondering "Shrek 4D" (aka- "The Ghost of Lord Farquad") was 12mins & the current "Kung Fu Panda Adventure" is roughly 10mins. And B&T/Jabbawockeez were roughly 30mins long. So these short films would be perfect for daytime/hhn to help enhance the Halloween vibe at USH.... now enjoy...

The other alternative?.... well there is always the Universal/HHN Japan route....

8EAwLhU.jpg

Hogsmeade filled with fog and Deatheaters.... but also, to fill the void of JPRA- Forbidden Journey (and hell... maybe even Hippogriff). Orlando has Gringotts open during HHN. So maybe, just maybe we could dine at Three Broomsticks again instead of Springfield like that final night of HHN in 2016.

Anyway, here is Japan's Deatheater attack show..

*NOTE: IF YOU'RE GOING TO QUOTE ANY OF THIS, ONLY QUOTE THE TEXT! NOT THE VIDEO/PIC BECAUSE IT WILL CLOG THE THREAD. THANKS.

(or just directly comment & reference something specific without quoting any of the post <----Best Option)

• Like 1

Oh my god I remember downloading that Shrek thriller parody on my 3DS back in the day, I know it by heart. Shrek straight up calls Donkey an ass at one point, it’s fine cinema.

Now THAT would be something I would be jealous of not getting in Orlando, Shrek’s Thriller put on the big screen, especially because of this year’s 80s theme. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Shrek straight up calls Donkey an ass at one point

Its not new territory....

Shrek 1 - "Well I have to save my ass!" (Shrek to Fiona)

Shrek 1 - "Stubborn jackass!" (Shrek to Donkey)
Shrek 2 - "You still look like an ass to me" (Puss n Boots to Donkey)

• Haha 1

I totally forgot what the El Cucuy Facade looked like! Well that gives me more hope it could be something different, hopefully they aren't dumb and get rid of truth or dare and Unfriended, there are many other choices they could do Instead 

For shits and giggles... since speculation is a tad slow right now with the severe lag in casting, facade construction details & event announcements.

Here are the two DreamWorks short films I mentioned in the previous post regarding DreamWorks Animation Theatre & HHN. First up "Scared Shrekless", which HHN Singapore uses inside their Shrek 4D attraction during their event. Then "Monsters vs Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space" (which is set in California). I personally believe these two short films would be a great addition to the park during haunt season (daytime & HHN). ENJOY!

"SCARED SHREKLESS" (Be sure to turn the volume up because this copy is very quiet)

• Like 1

So apparently some got  an advanced warning from PR that there would be NO ANNOUNCEMENT at the HHN panel yesterday. Despite the "Trick R Treat" scarezone offhandedly mentioned by Murdy... its true. The Midsummer Scream panel was a total waste of everyone's time. I firmly believe they were supposed to announce "Poltergeist" and/or "Blumhouse 2.0" due to them being shared on both coasts. However, its highly speculated that Warner Bros threw a huge monkey wrench into their plans...

1- Poltergeist was MGM. WB owns all of MGM's films. Even the Poltergeist remake is WB & 20th Century Fox (....now owned by Disney <_<)

2- Blumhouse has had films released by Universal, however, guess where Blumhouse's offices are located? The Warner Bros Lot.

3- During the Warner Bros "Horror Made Here" panel, a question was asked about their IPs being used elsewhere. They said their IPs will be more restricted/exclusive (aka- Not used at HHN)

Now there have been rumors the past 2 years of HHN getting a maze for "The Conjuring"... well, WB is doing a "Conjuring Universe" maze (Conjuring, Annabelle, The Nun). So it is very possible that WB somehow someway pulled the plug on Poltergeist and maybe even Blumhouse. If you've noticed from any of the recent construction updates that there has been ZERO scenic progress (except for Parisian Courtyard) with the facades. Even the maze facade in Waterworld has yet to see anything beyond plywood.

Thoughts????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

So it is very possible that WB somehow someway pulled the plug on Poltergeist and maybe even Blumhouse. If you've noticed from any of the recent construction updates that there has been ZERO scenic progress (except for Parisian Courtyard) with the facades. Even the maze facade in Waterworld has yet to see anything beyond plywood.

Thoughts????

I completely agree with this, I found it extremely odd and suspicious that Stranger Things was the FIRST maze announced and Murdy even said that a bunch of the maze isn't done yet, I'm like what??? It's pretty much AUGUST what's going on? And they showed alot more progress being done at Orlando vs Hollywood as far as maze progress goes, even the Trick r Treat Facade they showed didn't have any paint or decorations on it yet

I don't know if Warner Bros would just pull the properties from them like that, that would be pretty shitty, I did find it interesting that WB is doing a Freddy V Jason, and Exorcist especially Horror Nights did them not too long ago, I believe that they threw a huge monkey wrench into their plans though