Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2018 Speculation

59 minutes ago, dykealiscious said:

Great there's 2 more stupid movies I need to watch. Bloomshouse....really?

Well with Truth or Dare, watch with the mindset that it's a comedy and it's decent. (There's a scene with a character on a roof which is downright hilarious for all the wrong reasons.) Now for Unfriended...I'd go with Zombieman's suggestion of not watching it so it'll just come off as a original.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

Well with Truth or Dare, watch with the mindset that it's a comedy and it's decent. (There's a scene with a character on a roof which is downright hilarious for all the wrong reasons.) Now for Unfriended...I'd go with Zombieman's suggestion of not watching it so it'll just come off as a original.

How the hell are they gonna do Unfriended anyway? Also, would it be based on just the first one, the second one, or both? 

I might be alone here, but I really am not too big of a fan of this years line up.

Why Halloween 4? Does anyone know? I was hoping for a maze similar to Hell comes to Haddonfield with a bit of the first movie and then a transition to 2018 half way through. 

But Purge AND Blumhouse ? 

Very meh. The rest of the mazes look promising though. Murdy talked about the Terror Tram a lot on Twitter today. Might be pumping some life into it this year (hopefully). 

Edited by ZTO8411

3 hours ago, ZTO8411 said:

I might be alone here, but I really am not too big of a fan of this years line up.

Why Halloween 4? Does anyone know?

I'm not exactly fapping over this year's event line-up so far. It seems pretty weak, but the only thing that redeemed last year for me were the scareactors.

And its obvious. So they can do Halloween 5 next year, 6 in 2020, H20 in 2021, & Resurrection in 2022..... 5 more years of Michael Myers! :wacko:

Hey @themazethinker I never said it wasn't happening because of fox. Fox was only associated with the remake genius. So before you get all high & mighty like you know what you're talking about, just remember Orlando lost "SCREAM" after it was completely built. And this new maze for Poltergeist is owned by Warner Bros. it was even the 3rd IP they mentioned during their panel. Due to IP contracts, yes... they could have pulled it from Universal IF they had really wanted to. nothing about this year's event is normal.

Also, notice how they don't use any actual footage from the film itself. Only the basic static tv gimmick. Seems odd to have an IP and not show anything from it for those who are unfamiliar with the movie. Oh and they don't even have the image of Carol-Anne infront of the tv. Gee.. i wonder why.

OKAY let's all play nice now. Back to the event! I'm excited we're having another classic this year. I loved Exorcist and Shining the past two years, looking forward to how they're going to do Poltergeist. 

I do really wish they'd bring back original houses though. Looking at Orlando, they have a TON and they all sound pretty amazing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bggrenville813 said:

OKAY let's all play nice now. Back to the event! I'm excited we're having another classic this year. I loved Exorcist and Shining the past two years, looking forward to how they're going to do Poltergeist. 

I do really wish they'd bring back original houses though. Looking at Orlando, they have a TON and they all sound pretty amazing

Yes same!! I would love to see some original content mazes, I am stoked for Poltergiest I know alot of people complained about Shining and Exorcist but honestly I thought they both were great

In my opinion Ash V Evil Dead and SAW we're disappointing, SAW especially, I had almost no scares, it just felt very last minute and slapped together 

38 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

unpopular opinion. i liked the saw maze, look as a saw fan i thought they did the scenes incredibly. sure it lacked scares but everything else was good [besides black halls].

Oh they always do a great job at making the scenes incredible, the scenes in Ash V Evil Dead were great (besides the black walls) the details in AHS last year we're insane! 

2 hours ago, themazethinker said:

unpopular opinion. i liked the saw maze, look as a saw fan i thought they did the scenes incredibly. sure it lacked scares but everything else was good [besides black halls].

As a fan of SAW, the maze sucked in every aspect. It was NOT on par with what they did back in 2009/2010. Even Orlando's SAW house back in 2009, which was plagued with issues due to its location & lack of A/C was better than what we got last year. The execution was terrible. The scares were lacking & the scareactor placement was awful. This was basically a "hey look at this trap from SAW 1, SAW 2, SAW 3 etc...). There is nothing more boring than watching people get killed (yes I know, I'm keeping it how its worded for my own amusement). Just like with almost everything at the event last year, SAW looked like it was thrown together last minute with little to no effort. The scenes were not incredible, unless you attach the words boring and/or forgettable.

The worst part about SAW was that the issues it had could've easily been fixed. The Murdy of 2009 is different from the Murdy of 2017.

13 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

@themazethinker Did you happen to see the Saw mazes in 09-10? What did you think of those?

(Side note, never went to the mazes before,so if I have a different opinion then I'm sorry)

That maze in 2009 and 10 looked incredible .perfectly used distractions to scare guests, and even used victims as scares too. Sucks 2017s didn't do that.

Edited by themazethinker

5 hours ago, themazethinker said:

I agree, scares were definitely lacking but I loved seeing all my favorite traps from the movies. I always said that it was like going through an interactive Saw museum. Also, the smell in the bathroom from the first movie? WOW