HHN 2017 Discussion

7 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

Well, 2 weeks away and our beloved event starts. I got RIP passes and I'm hitting it up with family. I went from just getting GA 2014, to FOL in 2016 and now I get to experience the event with VIP, lesgedit

Have fun! I hope you love it! We're doing VIP 9/16. Sooooo excited!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

Well, 2 weeks away and our beloved event starts. I got RIP passes and I'm hitting it up with family. I went from just getting GA 2014, to FOL in 2016 and now I get to experience the event with VIP, lesgedit

Kind of the same for me! We're coming out from Orlando. did FOL in 2013 and 2015 and jumped at the chance to do RIP this year, can't wait!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AsylumSB said:

Give it up for the 9/16 VIP crew!  Whoop Whoop! Hoot Hoot! Yelp Yelp! (Or whatever the kids say these days). 

I missed out by a day! Were 9/15 RIP! 

Side note, it's going to be weird doing Hollywood before Orlando this year. Usually at Orlando every day opening weekend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deliciousoatmeal said:

Did we ever find out whether or not the opening ceremony was happening?

Yes, he confirmed it on twitter. I remember reading it because he mentioned that opening ceremony is at 7, whereas early entry begins at 5. So he said it kinda forces guests to choose one or the other. 

Imagine if we still had The House of Horrors up, The Titans of Terror maze with more slashers such as Michael Myers, Ghostface & Chucky actually in it and The Blumhouse of Horrors with more Blumhouse properties all at the same event, the same year. That would of been 3 eras of Horror right there. The Classic Universal Monsters, The Slashers and we're basically in a new era of horror that's just about demons such as Insidious & The Conjuring which is ran by Blumhouse.

Edited by StraightEdge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

Imagine if we still had The House of Horrors up, The Titans of Terror maze with more slashers such as Michael Myers, Ghostface & Chucky actually in it and The Blumhouse of Horrors with more Blumhouse properties. That would of been 3 eras of Horror right there. The Classic Universal Monsters, The Slashers and we're basically in a new era of horror that's just about demons such as Insidious & The Conjuring which is ran by Blumhouse.

Conjuring isn't Blumhouse. While that maze would be nice in thought it wouldn't work very well in execution and none of the sets would match properties, aside from the Classic Monsters section. House of Horrors was an amazing location but nothing really fit it for an overlay, aside from the Monsters Remix mazes. 

41 minutes ago, wow said:

Conjuring isn't Blumhouse. While that maze would be nice in thought it wouldn't work very well in execution and none of the sets would match properties, aside from the Classic Monsters section. House of Horrors was an amazing location but nothing really fit it for an overlay, aside from the Monsters Remix mazes. 

well you can actually

catacombs [ insidious further ]

mummy [ mummy ]

chucky [ you can keep it since chuckys already there ]

psycho [ freddy's dream world ]

zombie [ leatherfaces meat locker ]

wolfman [ jason

Frankenstein [ Frankenstein ]

end [ last scare from leatherface ]

7 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

well you can actually

catacombs [ insidious further ]

mummy [ mummy ]

chucky [ you can keep it since chuckys already there ]

psycho [ freddy's dream world ]

zombie [ leatherfaces meat locker ]

wolfman [ jason

Frankenstein [ Frankenstein ]

end [ last scare from leatherface ]

It honestly probably would've been really confusing for guests because of the layout and there were no real transitions (besides some stairs sometimes). They didn't really add much in terms of design with their overlays. If they did though, it would've worked. But it's also too late for that now.

Although tbf, monsters remix and Face/Off were prob really confusing too..

I'm trying to say that we could of basically had 3 seperate mazes with different eras of horror at the same event in the same year such as the classic monsters (House of Horrors), the slashers (Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface & more, titans of terror) & this new era of horror we're currently in which is mostly demons and stuff (insidious, conjuring, purge, sinister, etc.) Idk I think that would of been pretty cool.

Edited by StraightEdge
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

I'm trying to say that we could of basically had 3 seperate mazes with a different eras of horror at the same event in the same year such as the classic monsters (House of Horrors), the slashers (Freddy, Jason, Michael, Leatherface & more, titans of terror) & this new era of horror we're currently in which is mostly demons and stuff (insidious, conjuring, purge, sinister, etc.) Idk I think that would of been pretty cool.

oh i see sorry i thought you meant all in one maze lol

Edited by themazethinker

4 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

A SINGLE maze based on "The Evolution/History or a Timeline of Horror" would actually be pretty cool too. 1 Section with all the Classics, a time machine sort of transition, then the next section with all the slashers, then another with all the new horror figures.

That would be a badass maze. Would definitely require a soundstage though

8 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

A SINGLE maze based on "The Evolution/History or a Timeline of Horror" would actually be pretty cool too. 1 Section with all the Classics, a time machine sort of transition, then the next section with all the slashers, then another with all the new horror figures.

I think the perfect transition would be hallways with different posters of the monsters/movies the next section of the maze would be. Imagine going through a hallway with movie posters of Insidious , conjuring, and all the new movies and the posters being trap doors where they pop out before going into the first scene of the modern horror section. 

9 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

It'd be both a great HHN maze AND it'd be a great dark ride for USH.. kinda like the USH answer to Disneyland's Haunted Mansion :)