HHN 2017 Discussion

2 hours ago, wow said:

Just finished watching the AHS: Cult season premiere and it's a definite house for a future year. Those clown masks.... sheesh that episode was creepy

It was an amazing episode. So intense and creepy. I can definitely see this as a maze. The three sided clown mask is creepy!! 

Edited by aam1995

2 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Haven't read the thread recently, so if asked and answered - apologies.

Is tonight an employee preview night?  I was about to head over to the park (Friday evening) and noticed it closes at 6pm - super early for a non HHN Friday.  

No, team preview is Tuesday. Not sure why the early close tonight. Maybe just slowing things down since summer season is over. 

Yay Hhn is 6 days away!! But... where the hell are upper deck scarezone props?? I mean the event is 6 days away!! That's my fav part before the event, seeing scarezone props! Also, are we not having a fire tower?

Edited by hhnhart

2 hours ago, hhnhart said:

Yay Hhn is 6 days away!! But... where the hell are upper deck scarezone props?? I mean the event is 6 days away!! That's my fav part before the event, seeing scarezone props! Also, are we not having a fire tower?

For this year the upper deck scarezone props are going to be wheeled in/out every night, so the only time there's going to be pics of them are during the event.

As for the fire tower, well I hope it's down in Urban Inferno since that would be the most appropriate zone for it. (Not to mention the fire tower debuted in the Welcome to Hell scarezone.)

13 hours ago, deliciousoatmeal said:

After seeing IT, I don't see how it wouldn't be a house in 2019 after the sequel comes out. Everything about it is perfect for HHN.

It's probably gonna come next year and they'll market it as "a living trailer". Next year should be verrry interesting when it comes to the IP's since it might be a ton of new ones(side note but if It comes AHS Cult might not since they're similar; we might finally get Asylum). Anyways yeah It is made for HHN and needs to come asap

16 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

Which maze do you all predict will have the consistently highest wait times? I'm thinking The Shining since it's the classic of this year, but with mazes with multiple IPs, they may also draw a large wait. 

There was a guy on Youtube who made a wait time prediction video. He was thinking ToT would be one of the most popular. 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, themazethinker said:

either shining, saw, ahs, or blumhouse

For some reason I can't imagine Jigsaw having the highest wait times. AHS is a very popular series but Roanoke was practically hated by everyone so I wonder if that will affect it. 

9 hours ago, Barbie06 said:

There was a guy on Youtube who made a wait time prediction video. He was thinking ToT would be one of the most popular. 

Do you remember the user? Titans sounds like will be a huge draw because it has three legends of horror that even casual horror fans know and love. Maybe Shining will dominate the lower lot and ToT will dominate the upper lot? 

Shining dominating the lower lot and ToT on the upper sounds logical.

I doubt Blumhouse will get that big of a line. I assume most people will just be confused by that concept, and the IPs in it are either old (Sinister, like who tf cares anymore), not popular yet (Happy Death Day, not like it will be popular though), or worn out (The Purge, being used for a 4th year in a row, hooray -_-).

Insidious will have a pretty good line. The series is still pretty popular, however, it is dwindling. But the last 2 mazes were easily maze of the year material and the property always delivers on Haunt goodness, so I'm sure word of mouth about the maze will spread as one not to miss.

Roanoke is actually more popular than people think. As much as I personally HATED the season, there's an equal amount of people who LOVED it. The divisiveness won't keep people away and will definitely make it the most popular maze on the backlot, considering the other two mazes are pretty low profile...

Saw is not as a big of a juggernaut as it used to be. The new movie will fail pretty hard and even a name change to get new audiences won't help it much.

Ash vs. Evil Dead is only popular in cult circles as it is anyway. I'm sure there will also be confusion as to what the maze entails in terms of monsters. Mainstream fans who know of Evil Dead because of the remake, probably don't know of the TV series, and even than, they'll still be pretty lost considering it's a continuation of the original films and not the remake. So I think that will just have the shortest lines all event long, even shorter than The Walking Dead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

This is actually year 5 of The Purge... it's been at the event in one way shape or form ever since 2013 which is a streak I hope ends after this year because 5 years of the purge got really old. Atleast we only got TWD for 4 years before it became a permanent attraction that nobody cares about during HHN 

I doubt it, just because a.) it's easy to do and b.) there's a new movie and possibly a TV show coming inspired by it