HHN 2017 Discussion

I still have not gone yet to Hollywood event this year.  But I can only assume attendance is down by looking at the ticket page.

We are now into October and not a single night has any ticket option sold out.

Less than half of the nights of HHN were sold out this year.

For TONIGHT, all options still available.

In past years, at least FOTL and RIP would be sold out through the weekend at this point.  I wonder if they turned up the crank on number of FOTL sold.

I have not read ANYTHING in this thread yet.  Trying to keep free of any outside opinions on HHN-H before I go.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

After going for a 2nd visit last night, my friend received a survey of our experience by email, but I never did. Are these surveys randomly given out? Can I request one? Have any of you guys gotten one emailed to you? 

I got a survey by email and I don't know how I got it. Maybe I got it because this was my first time ordering a ticket myself and before, someone else would always be ordering a ticket for me. Either that or it could be possible it's just random.

• Like 1

I got one of those emails for the survey. I told them to use less black hallways and less masks. 
 I told them flat out that I might not be back and I had a great time there. 
  I just hope for a better event overall. 
 I like that they noticed that they need to give the adult event some kind of adult drinks. IE Duff Gardens. 

• Like 1

So I think I’m going to hit Horror Nights again this year on Nov 2nd. I wish I can do closing night but I won’t be able to. The date will land on a Thursday IN November and after Halloween so it should be pretty empty. But asking for advice again, should I hit Insidious first then backlot, lower lot and upper lot to get on all the mazes & rides? I’m getting GA this time so yeah just need to be sure. I want to say goodbye to the event properly, lol.

17 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

So I think I’m going to hit Horror Nights again this year on Nov 2nd. I wish I can do closing night but I won’t be able to. The date will land on a Thursday IN November and after Halloween so it should be pretty empty. But asking for advice again, should I hit Insidious first then backlot, lower lot and upper lot to get on all the mazes & rides? I’m getting GA this time so yeah just need to be sure. I want to say goodbye to the event properly, lol.

That's what I did last time on GA and it worked all fine. And this was a Saturday so you should be good! Insidious and Saw have definitely had the highest waits both times I went. Shining and AHS can also have high waits at certain times of the night. Same with upper lot. Insidious- Saw- AHS- Ash- Shining- Tram- Blumhouse- Titans is my personal plan but on a Thurs. in November you shouldn't have a problem switching your plan around. 

13 hours ago, Horrorisprettyrad said:

Not sure if it was always a thing, but good lord is Horror Nights terrible with atmosphere. Wish they had more decor around the park (and I don't mean more scare zones, just some more festivity in general).

Agreed. I feel like all other theme parks have theming down pat and Universal has stopped trying. 

On 10/25/2017 at 11:56 AM, Horrorisprettyrad said:

Not sure if it was always a thing, but good lord is Horror Nights terrible with atmosphere. Wish they had more decor around the park (and I don't mean more scare zones, just some more festivity in general).

It’s two things construction and Walking dead attraction  

the construction shortens the range of how far the front scare zone can reach 

but the biggest issue is the walking dead attraction it straight up kills two scare zones and The Despicable Me ride. When turning House of horrors into TWD they flipped the queue/entrance to where the exit used to be last year they claimed the queue would block traffic if it ever did I haven’t seen it but it cuts a good quarter of the Park off   So no scare zones make them feel like they don’t need to add atmosphere or decor 

Well, won't be going this year. Had planned Nov. 4th like over two months ago and every person fell through except me. Since I'm in NorCal, it's not really worth the drive to go alone. First year I'm gonna miss since 2009. ):

Does anyone know if they sell some sort of wristband/bracelet and are there still limited edition Chucky pins? Also, does anyone have an extra sipper cup from last year?

Also Great America's run is over. Was an interesting experience. I'll talk about it in the other thread if anyone cares.

4 hours ago, Kurseddragon said:

Well, won't be going this year. Had planned Nov. 4th like over two months ago and every person fell through except me. 

I know how you feel bro! Moved out to flagstaff Arizona for college and had planned a trip with one friend ever since July. She bailed on me a couple days ago. Some people, just aren’t reliable at all. 

Still gonna go closing night, I’m lucky enough to have an awesome family who want me back home for a weekend and will let me drive up there (I don’t have my car out here) for closing night 

So that’s my official saying on here, to anybody that still goes on these forums since they seem to practically be Dead year round, that I’ll be going to HHN for round two on closing night. If anyone sees me there come say what’s up! I’ll be vlogging so I shouldn’t be too hard to miss 

6 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Anyone know about any price drops for the final weekend? I know Thursday went all the way down to $59, so I'm hoping Friday and Saturday may look similar. Or any other special last weekend surprises?

I don’t think it’s gonna go as cheap as $59 but I know that Saturday night dropped to $79 for GA sand $105 for day/night GA. I don’t think we’re getting any final weekend surprises, no unlimited front of the line like 2015 and no Harry Potter like last year. At least that we know of 

Went last night and was done with everything by about 9. I took a lot of my sweet time though, like eating, getting rides in, friends taking multiple bathroom breaks, etc.. Went ahead and did another sweep of the park and left at 1.

Overall consensus is not much has changed since opening night, oddly. Usually there's many more changes. The most changed maze is AvED, which had a LOT of cuts from it. They completely took out the first scene's scareactors. As someone said before, Cheryl doesn't wrap around Ash in the room but they're now placed across from each other. And in the cabin scene before Henrietta, there was legit 4 booholes with demons in a zigzag formation that scared the hell out of me. Imagine the ending of Insidious but actually themed into the middle of the maze and out of nowhere, bouncing you around like a pinball. Saw's actor's definitely improved and are more vicious. I enjoyed that maze a lot more this time around. However, they got rid of the saw that goes towards you at the end which is the thing that scared me most. In the Shining, the "great party" guy did a tongue lick thing, which was very weird and creepy and of the 4-5 times I've been in there, never saw him do that before! It threw me off in a good way. Not sure if he was just bored in that moment, last weekend shenanigans, or if that's just something he's doing now. Blumhouse still sucks - didn't see the projector screen scare whatsoever and the final Big Daddy just looks stupid now. Titans, Insidious, TWD, and Roanoke were basically the same, but still good. My rankings of the mazes stay the same and I still think this is the worst year, but it's not AS BAD as it was before.

As for merch, at one point it was 50% off. I went to another store around 1 AM and suddenly everything was 70% off. My friend got a shot glass for like $2-3 bucks. And since this year doesn't have souvenir cups (BLASPHEMY, btw, how has this not been mentioned?!), I got a tumbler for about 8 bucks which is usually $26ish. Some shirts were about $8 and hoodies were like $16.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 2:34 AM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Goodbye HHN 2017,

to all of you who I met at the event tonight, it was great meeting you! 

Sad to see it go but so glad to have been there to see it all go. Now begins the long trip back to Arizona and the long wait for 2018! 

Nice meeting you too.

• Like 1