HHN 2017 Discussion

39 minutes ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

A frequent customer at my store is an Uni employee (she works foods) you can get beer in duff garden BUT it's highly controlled it's a 2 drink maximum per guest and you can't leave duff gardens while drinking 

anyways back guys just a lot of changes in life finishing school and working 24:7, plus family stuff but won't be bore you with the details but wanted to be back for the season so how's everyone 

Hey Grind how's it been?!?! Me and you chose to come outta the shadows at the same time lmao good to see you back :)

• Like 1

Just now, dereksdominance said:

I think you can get butterbeer during early entry but I'm not entirely sure if they will let you into wwohp with your wristband on 

Life Hack: don't put your wristband on until after going into WWOHP, they don't check them until you reach near the entrance of The Shining anyway (which seems weird... the line for Insidious is way before that). Maybe second weekend they'll move it to before the Starway like previous years. But either way, you don't need it on until than.

12 minutes ago, Darkblackrain said:

Does anybody know if you get like a special lanyard or like a pass when you get the RIP tix? Like to do front of the line? And if you do, is it unlimited? Like do they need to check off those little boxes on the regular front of the line pass?

If you do RIP in Hollywood, you will get a lanyard,  It will be scanned at the entrance to every house.  It is UNLIMITED entrances for the night of the event.

FOTL also has a lanyard.  They scan it just like an RIP lanyard, but it is good for only one entry per house.  

If scanners are not working, sometimes they punch the card or use a sharpie on it.  Do NOT let them do that to an RIP lanyard.

6 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Got my bus tickets booked and tickets for the event for October 7th, my first year going without RIP or Front of the Line... should be interesting

If there's a year to go without RIP or FOL, this is it. Lines weren't as insane as last year and often the wait times were shorter than the advertised wait. Titans had a 40 min posted wait but there were around 30 people in line at most. 

• Like 1

As stated above, and I can't speak for every unique night or sell out nights, but I went opening weekend on that Saturday, and the lines were like going on a Thursday. If you read my review, after 12 for The Shining and Ash, they were literal walk ons. With Titans and Blumhouse being less than 15 minutes. And Insidious being advertised with crazy times but only being 20-30 at the most. I think the only things with consistent lines were Roanoke and Saw, but even if you do those first thing during Early Entry, you'll get zero lines for those and you are pretty much made in the shade. I have heard stories of long lines though.

Honestly when I went on Saturday the 23rd the only two consistently long waits were Saw and Insidious. I only returned to Insidious later with FOL and it was actually around 120 minutes, with the line winding around the entire upper deck. Everything else was probably 40-60 min despite wait times saying 80-120 minutes. And from midnight- 2am the lines were completely manageable except for Saw and Blumhouse, surprisingly. 

15 minutes ago, djevilclown said:

Do you guys think the early entry now being the choice for 90% of the people that get there early made the wait times lessen this year? Kind of spreads out the crowd later in the night.

Might even be less than 90%. I see lots of people go do weird random stuff right as they're let in. Like go hit rides, line up early for Terror Tram, go eat, go see the first Jabbawockeez. But I do think it has a major impact, luckily.

Is alcohol served at the event?

Alcohol may be served at select locations during certain hours, subject to availability. Outside drinks not permitted at Universal Studios Hollywood during Halloween Horror Nights.

faqs.php%27%29%7D&oidt=2&ot=IMG&s=1600x9

Wording has been changed on this question in the FAQ. I'm guessing alcohol has tested well (obviously) and will stay for the rest of the season.

At what is typically peak HHN hours for wait times, nothing over 45 mins. Not too shabby. I'm going next Thursday with the day/night combo hoping crowds are similar to tonight.

IMG_3002.PNG

IMG_3003.PNG

Edit:

I remember in the past a Thursday night was no different than a Fri or Sat night in terms of crowds. So this is a good sign for the fans.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:05 PM, dereksdominance said:

If there's a year to go without RIP or FOL, this is it. Lines weren't as insane as last year and often the wait times were shorter than the advertised wait. Titans had a 40 min posted wait but there were around 30 people in line at most. 

Well, you should consider that this year has been different than past years already.  The Frequent Fear in past years was good for part of the first two weeks, and one or two days every week.  This year the only Sep night was 9/28.  It doesn't really kick in until toward the end of the event.

Specifically, this year, FF nights are:

Sep 28 (Thu)

Oct 5 (Thu)

Oct 12&15 (Thu & Sun)

Oct 19&22 (Thu & Sun)

Oct 25-27&29 (Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun)

Oct 31, Nov 2-4 (Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat)

So these days may truly be off peak:

Oct 1 (Sun)

Oct 8 (Sun)

Oct 31 (Tue)

Nov 2-4 (Thu, Fri, Sat)

I think Oct 15, 22, 29 (all Sun) will be pretty busy

Also, I find it pretty interesting that even 30 minutes before event start tonight (FRIDAY), GA, FOTL and RIP are all still available.  Not a single type of ticket sold out.

In past years these would have been long gone by now.  No other future nights are sold out of any FOTL or RIP.

• Like 1

Gosh...I already talked about this when the event opened but the reviews continue to be poor and I am still freaking out. 'Cause last year was my first year and was so impressed I bought three FOL nights for this year and saved for it and now I am like uhhh....thinking of possible ways of selling some of the tickets...or idk I know I will still have fun going but like damn...people are saying it is the worst year that have ever attended or one of the worst and ugh....just feeling nervous and insecure 

On 9/27/2017 at 3:35 PM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Got my bus tickets booked and tickets for the event for October 7th, my first year going without RIP or Front of the Line... should be interesting

working on planning a second trip for closing night as well! 

It’s a lot more work planning a trip from out of state but no way will I miss HHN 

That's dedication!! Will you be going alone?  I'll be going October 7th as well And would love to say hi if you're there, YouTube fan haha. Maybe go through a maze as well.  

8 hours ago, Rikku said:

Gosh...I already talked about this when the event opened but the reviews continue to be poor and I am still freaking out. 'Cause last year was my first year and was so impressed I bought three FOL nights for this year and saved for it and now I am like uhhh....thinking of possible ways of selling some of the tickets...or idk I know I will still have fun going but like damn...people are saying it is the worst year that have ever attended or one of the worst and ugh....just feeling nervous and insecure 

You'll have fun, don't worry. Also, it's your second year, so you'll still be mostly impressed with stuff. Just don't expect it to be as good as 2016. And when you leave this year, just know the event is much better usually. Not quite 2016 status, but close... sometimes.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:26 PM, zombieman said:
9 hours ago, Rikku said:

Well, you should consider that this year has been different than past years already.  The Frequent Fear in past years was good for part of the first two weeks, and one or two days every week.  This year the only Sep night was 9/28.  It doesn't really kick in until toward the end of the event.

See that's true, I think the Frequent Fear pass's dates either keeps the frequent visitors out until later in the season, or people didn't like those dates and didn't purchase it. I feel like there's many reasons why this year's event isn't as crowded but I'm not complaining. I am going again with GA and I already know I'll easily be able to do every maze with ease and that definitely takes away some stress. 

Also, don't worry, even though this is my least favorite year of HHN I still had a blast. Mazes each have their moments and I got quite a few scares in AHS, Shining and Titans. I've seen friends be able to sell FOL tickets in the past pretty easily, just make them a bit cheaper. 

Edited by dereksdominance

On 9/29/2017 at 1:06 PM, deliciousoatmeal said:

Well now I feel like I should have gone with GA instead of FoL. Oh well.

Where are we supposed to wait for the opening ceremony this year once we're inside the park?

They had directed me to the Wizarding World entry area, but you have to keep telling them that’s what you want, otherwise they’ll push you to the backlot.