HHN 2017 Speculation

16 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Not going to lie, I kinda want to be in tunnel this year, I worked it as a lead last year and it was hell on earth for everyone involved, but they get a really awesome, secluded breakroom. 

What were they (if anyone has any pictures that'd be pretty cool) my first year going to HHN was 2015 but I didn't get to see much since I was also working the event. 

Bill & Ted was cancelled mid 2013 because they made a joke about gay superman. I never saw the show at the event nor did I ever hear the joke so that's really all the explanation I can give. Perhaps we could have someone who knows a bit more about the Bill & Ted show chime in. Grindhouse? Freak? 

46 minutes ago, LetsMakeBiskuts said:

Scarezone 1's breakroom at the MCB is the best hands down in my opinion. Has showers and lockers and a makeup room with outlets and everything as wel as couches and tvs.

MCB? I haven't worked inside the park since February so any and all abbreviations are going over my head. 

20 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

And then he deleted the picture. Kinda fishy... his reason was "too gory" but I think getting called out by the leak was the true reason for the picture being deleted 

Your response to his 'too gory' twitter post was great. Gave me a laugh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Bill & Ted was cancelled mid 2013 because they made a joke about gay superman. I never saw the show at the event nor did I ever hear the joke so that's really all the explanation I can give. Perhaps we could have someone who knows a bit more about the Bill & Ted show chime in. Grindhouse? Freak? 

During the course of the show, Zod came in to destroy the land of Oz (if I'm not mistaken), but gay Superman was busy getting it on with Captain Kirk. To help him with the fight, he had to take steroids which made him a "tough man" who eventually fought Zod off. 

That's all I pretty much remember from the incident, and I never understood why that was the reason. Sure, the show was offfensive, but they warned audiences about that beforehand. And that honestly wasn't the worst joke in the show. It had some pretty racist bits during the start with some naughty humor at the end.

2 hours ago, JonaMar said:

What were they (if anyone has any pictures that'd be pretty cool) my first year going to HHN was 2015 but I didn't get to see much since I was also working the event. 

992010_orig.jpg

Essentially they would be stationed in New York Street and give information to people passing by, but mostly make jokes about the guests. I thought it added more depth to the environment (only really remember the clown from 2012 and the student from 2013) and at times made it scarier that this calm person was surrounded by bursts of flame and chainsaws. 

• Like 1

It's kool hearing all these iconic stories aren't well known by everyone here. Makes me feel just a tiny bit more special. :P

I remember them closing the Bill & Ted show, if I recall correctly, I hated it that year. I thought it sucked compared to previous years and only like one joke made me laugh, but even I was disappointed that it was shut down. The show could've so easily been rewritten for that scene and fixed by the next weekend, but it was just gone completely and never to return. Pretty sad. That was the same year with the Mexican superhero too, I believe, and I feel like race is more of a touchy subject than homosexuality. But people want money/to be offended, so there goes that.

I also used to go out on my break and watch the barker make fun of people, but two 14 year olds cried and ruined a huge part of the event for thousands of other people, literally forever. 

The dialogue thing became such a huge deal. I was cast a survivor on terror tram and they were like "Here's a list of the things you can say, and ONLY this." and it was literally just like "No." "Help me." "Save me." and minimal shit like that. There were literally like a total of seven lines consisting of one to two basic words and they were like "Do not go off script." That's so depressing. 

And just to add onto the props thing. Besides chainsaws, there is no rehearsal. I'm way too small and weak (and probably shitty) to do chainsaws. But I feel like, for new people especially, the lack of direction is one of the most difficult parts of this job. My first night was so uncomfortable, and though I didn't have a prop, I was just so confused. Anyway, if your role has a prop, they just give you it and you go out and start scaring with it. And they just trust you not to hit people with it. It happens, though. I prefer scaring with my hands. I definitely feel like I have way more control and can get really close without hitting people. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Pretty much. It was canceled by a blogger from some dumb website who trashed the show to get attention. Universal made a much bigger deal about it than it really was and now here we are. For a state that never snows it sure is full of snowflakes.

Bloody heck…..you people have no idea when to accept reality. I'm going to tell you three things that are going to really piss you off.

1. It is not happening.

2. It is not happening.

3. There are only two genders. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, SnuggleKillz said:

New to this forum but have been reading through and now joining in here. Hi all! :) I guess everyone is exhausted as I am while waiting for this reveal? Sigh. Was really thinking today would be the day we would get a little more!

If I'm not mistaken, I think the next reveal will happen sometime next week. Not sure if it correlates with anything, so possibly Monday?

11 minutes ago, bendelthegreat said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think the next reveal will happen sometime next week. Not sure if it correlates with anything, so possibly Monday?

I was expecting it this week because John said maybe this week, but then he said maybe next week. Whole lot of maybes and soons but hey at least we have more announcements than Orlando right? 

10 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I was expecting it this week because John said maybe this week, but then he said maybe next week. Whole lot of maybes and soons but hey at least we have more announcements than Orlando right? 

True! I just hope they're all annoucned before opening! Someone at work joked the last annoucement would be the night before opening.

4 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Can guarantee you I'll know the last three mazes by the 16th. I'll post everything they tell me as soon as I get home. 

In a construction video of the JP maze (Insidious) the right window on the facade  inside it looks like a silhouette of a traditional ghost. Idk if it was just a reflection or a prop or just a random sheet, but from the chapter 4 screening I do not recall seeing a traditional ghost , maybe they added it after. 

1 minute ago, aam1995 said:

In a construction video of the JP maze (Insidious) the right window on the facade  inside it looks like a silhouette of a traditional ghost. Idk if it was just a reflection or a prop or just a random sheet, but from the chapter 4 screening I do not recall seeing a traditional ghost , maybe they added it after. 

Was the JP house in Chp 4 or no?

57 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

It's a sheet to cover whatever the prop is so it doesn't reveal too much 

Sorry to be 'rude' again. But dude, if you really did see a screening of Insidious ch. 4 you would've had to sign an NDA. Posting publicly about the film is not a wise idea. I haven't believed you from the start that you've seen a screening of Insidious 4. But if you have, and if you're claiming that Insidious is not in fact in JP, then what would that maze be? And can you provide a connection to Writer's Block to support whatever property it may be? As well as provide evidence against the leaked lineup which says Insidious is in JP? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

It's a sheet to cover whatever the prop is so it doesn't reveal too much 

Sorry to be 'rude' again. But dude, if you really did see a screening of Insidious ch. 4 you would've had to sign an NDA. Posting publicly about the film is not a wise idea. I haven't believed you from the start that you've seen a screening of Insidious 4. But if you have, and if you're claiming that Insidious is not in fact in JP, then what would that maze be? And can you provide a connection to Writer's Block to support whatever property it may be? As well as provide evidence against the leaked lineup which says Insidious is in JP? 

Yeah, thanks for being 'rude'. You don't have to sign anything at test screening , st least not at the ones I've gone to. Didn't have to sign anything for Annabelle: Creation or for IT. They probably added scenes of the outside of that house. The questionnaires , which were very extensive, and interviews regarding the film had a lot of "what if we add this..." but did not mention anything of house change. Unless they had not finished exterior shots , because the film was very choppy. Like for Annabelle, when I saw that movie there was no reference to the Nun besides the wheelchair scene. There was no scene of them looking at the Nun church photo as well as no post credit scene. I'm very excited to see IT since that interview and questionnaire was most extensive and detailed of the 3. Have I continued to claim that it is not chapter 4? I said so in the beginning , but also said they may have changed the house form the film. You keep going on about me claiming that it is not, which I happened to have said maybe it is hence the screenings they do , which possibly changed the house. We get it, you follow concrete evidence. We still need to find a solid connection to N and Insidious and writers Block.

AND also, NDA is to avoid people talking about the plot lines , revealing anything important and casting . Mentioning the way a house looks would no where near me breaking the "policy". 

3 hours ago, wow said:

Was the JP house in Chp 4 or no?

Not when I saw it. They could have possibly changed it or not included it . It did seem very choppy and there were minimal outside shots of exterior buildings, which Insidious is known for having. 

Edited by aam1995

1 hour ago, aam1995 said:

Yeah, thanks for being 'rude'. You don't have to sign anything at test screening , st least not at the ones I've gone to. Didn't have to sign anything for Annabelle: Creation or for IT.

AND also, NDA is to avoid people talking about the plot lines , revealing anything important and casting . Mentioning the way a house looks would no where near me breaking the "policy". 

I've never heard of a film screening not having you sign an NDA beforehand. Literally all the ones I've been to (for big and small Studios equally) have both made me sign those and leave all electronics behind. Even the rushed screenings where they say "the movie is starting in half an hour, do you want to go?". I even saw a screening of 'It', and haven't seen such intense security at a screening, so I don't buy that at all.

As well, the NDA restricts you from talking about the film in any regards. The house could be a bigger deal than you think, so the safe thing is to just not say anything at all, because that's still a breach in contract. I'm still on the fence about 'Chapter 4' taking that spot, but I believe HorrorNightsFan13 more than I believe you because his logic is more grounded than your claims. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bendelthegreat said:

As well, the NDA restricts you from talking about the film in any regards. The house could be a bigger deal than you think, so the safe thing is to just not say anything at all, because that's still a breach in contract. I'm still on the fence about 'Chapter 4' taking that spot, but I believe HorrorNightsFan13 more than I believe you because his logic is more grounded than your claims. 

Can Confirm about the NDA at movie screenings. My most recent viewings were for 'Life' and 'Kong:Skull Island' and I had to sign an NDA for both and leave my phone in my car. So I'm incredulous at the idea that you didn't have to sign one. 

Can also confirm that the house is Insidious Ch 4. I am willing to bet my left kidney and my right lung on that statement and if I am wrong, I shall leave this thread for all of eternity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aam1995 said:

Also, do you think we'll be having an announcement this week? Tomorrow (Tuesday) is the one month mark. It'd be great to announce something then. 

I heard somewhere Jigsaw could be announced today