HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 minute ago, Drummanmatt said:

Completely agree. Looks like 1950's sci fi with the national guard called to keep the alien forces at bay. I'm gobsmacked by how great it looks. That and trick 'r' treat too. Super excited!

Absolutely.... we leave in 29 days! My body is ready!!!!

39 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

31 days until my R.I.P. Tour. But as I'm in the area before that would be rude not to check the scarezones out before then :lol:

Ive been toying with the idea of job hunting in Orlando (area) so I can go to HHN every single open night for a month and a half. Plus IL is going into the shitter, might be a good move if I can find a job that pays well. I dont think HHN decor stalker would pay my bills though... dammit.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

Good golly, Miss Molly!

So I didn’t make it on to this forum for spec/conversation for 26(I did make the event though!), and I’m severely late to the party this year. My apologies and deepest regrets. But, I just spent the last three days doing nothing but reading all 148 pages of the spec to catch up. It honestly doesn’t look like I missed much, though it was very interesting (I'm talking aobout you, vampire clowns). And I don’t think that that is a good thing, either.

I just want to say I’m glad to see a good amount of active and new people on this forum. And Hello!

Quick comment to hunnylvr and phreeq, ya’ll are life goals. I wish I had the clapback abilities you guys do.

I’m having mixed feelings about this year; I am absolutely devastated that B&T is leaving. I literally force my group to see it every year, since I started in 2014. I’m not really upset that Purge is back, because I do love that franchise. I’m eager for Saw and I think if they do it right, The Shining. The originals I always love, and I’m not sure what to think about AHS(I don’t really watch it) and Blumhouse(It’s a mashup, and I hope I know what’s in it). I honestly didn’t care for AoV last year, so there’s that. I think the scarezones are pretty good this year, and Invasion! is my most exciting, I think (I love Sci-Fi). I agree with those who say the scarezone with the baddies from the houses is a little much, I personally like waiting to see who’s the villain in each house. But to each their own.  Trick r Treat is my second most can’t-wait-to-see-it zone, I love the rules!

To comment on that shirt, I hope that’s not it because I really liked last years v-neck it was simple on the front and I was comfortable wearing it pretty much anywhere. I mean, I’m a mom now, so I don’t really wear graphic t’s anymore.

On another note, I’m turning 21 in September, and I am essentially going to celebrate my birthday. Are there any must have drinks off the top of anyone’s head? I want to try something in Diagon, because I absolutely love HP but I definitely will be having more than one drink throughout the night. lol.

Man, I’ve missed this forum and I didn’t even realize it was this much till I got back on it.

Welcome back, sweetie!  I can't believe you took the time to read all 148 pages of this.  OMG.  

As for your drink question - I don't often drink at the event because I want to be stone-cold sober and remember every detail.  However, we usually buy one of the themed drinks in order to get the blinky cup.  So far, I haven't been disappointed.  The red one last year tasted like watermelon Jolly Rancher.  That did NOT piss me off.

Thanks for the compliment, btw. :)

11 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Except when your event is right around the corner... and you have ONE house that is an IP... it'd probably be smarter to announce your 4 originals until you get the IP crap sorted out.

Oh this is cute. But your attack efforts are futile when you don't know what you're talking about or how to actually read the original post carefully. But here, I'll play along and break it down for you...

When it comes to "Altars" having "mascots/icons" from the houses all in one scarezone, it actually has been done before. In 2005, the "Terra Gaurd Run" was the entrance scarezone in Port of Entry. It featured characters that represented each house/"land" of Terra Cruentus. So don't kid yourself into thinking this is a "new" concept.

Trick R Treat... I'm well aware of what the movie entails, I watch it every year. As for being authentic? Its recreations of front doors, that doesn't exactly make it any better than 2008's scarezone (nor something to rave about). The ONLY plus is the inclusion of Sam & the fire-spewing jack-o-lantern.

You clearly missed the point in my response about "Invasion". It was snark in regards to it not being something rehashed. However, they dropped the ball with doing this one AFTER closing Disaster. Maybe they saved tentacle tank prop, but I doubt it.

I never said anything about a scarezone matching the environment in regards to "Festival of the Deadliest". I said they don't know what they're doing with that particular street in the park. They call "FOTD" all the scarezones, they call it street experiences, they call it a scarezone itself. They're doing a terrible job at knowing what it is they're advertising. Never once said it didn't match the environment... that'd be stupid.

The 'Good luck next year" is in regards to them canceling B&T after this year. A show that has been with the event for 26 years out of 27 years. Never once said it had anything to do with their "announcement planning". And thats cute that you praise Universal's event so much, keep drinking that kool-aid, but there are better events & even singular haunts out there that are leagues ahead of HHN, even if they don't have the "known" brand. But just remember, Knotts has been doing it first & for 45 years in California.

Dude.. can I ask a question?  Why in holy hell, if you have such animosity toward the event and how it's run, are you even here?  Why bother?  Is it in your nature to look for things you can tear apart?  I realize there are certain personality types who need this kind of stimulation, but for fuck's sake, why this?

Clearly, this is a forum for the "fan boys and girls" who you seem to look down on as well.  Does this make you feel superior?  I mean, good for you if you get your rocks off on this kind of thing, but for me, it's rather tiresome.  If there are other haunts and events that you believe are "leagues ahead of HHN", then why don't you find forums for those and go nitpick with those people?

I have no problem with people voicing opinions and commentary and even some bitching.  I thought Critical had a stick in his ass, but you take the cake.  Critical is a "get off my lawn" crabby pants.  You're more like a sit-in-a-bunker paranoid who flies out of control at the slightest provocation.

I suppose I can just find a way to block your posts so I don't have to read them, but that is not in MY nature.  I  participate in this forum and read what everyone says - good or bad.  So, I guess my other choice is to respond with my own thoughts.

And yes, I am a PROUD Kool-Aid drinker of HHN.  It will always be my favorite event for many, many reasons.  I don't have to explain it to you.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I find that when people long for HHN of the past they remember the good and the great ( Body Collectors, All Nite Die-In, Hellgate Prison, etc.) and forget the bad (Jungle of Doom, Disorientorium, Dungeoun of Terror: Retold, etc.) ,whether purposefully or not, and it creates a rose-tinted glasses situation. I think there's definitely pros and cons to both the HHN of Yore and the "Corporate HHN."

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Except when your event is right around the corner... and you have ONE house that is an IP... it'd probably be smarter to announce your 4 originals until you get the IP crap sorted out.

Oh this is cute. But your attack efforts are futile when you don't know what you're talking about or how to actually read the original post carefully. But here, I'll play along and break it down for you...

When it comes to "Altars" having "mascots/icons" from the houses all in one scarezone, it actually has been done before. In 2005, the "Terra Gaurd Run" was the entrance scarezone in Port of Entry. It featured characters that represented each house/"land" of Terra Cruentus. So don't kid yourself into thinking this is a "new" concept.

Trick R Treat... I'm well aware of what the movie entails, I watch it every year. As for being authentic? Its recreations of front doors, that doesn't exactly make it any better than 2008's scarezone (nor something to rave about). The ONLY plus is the inclusion of Sam & the fire-spewing jack-o-lantern.

You clearly missed the point in my response about "Invasion". It was snark in regards to it not being something rehashed. However, they dropped the ball with doing this one AFTER closing Disaster. Maybe they saved tentacle tank prop, but I doubt it.

I never said anything about a scarezone matching the environment in regards to "Festival of the Deadliest". I said they don't know what they're doing with that particular street in the park. They call "FOTD" all the scarezones, they call it street experiences, they call it a scarezone itself. They're doing a terrible job at knowing what it is they're advertising. Never once said it didn't match the environment... that'd be stupid.

The 'Good luck next year" is in regards to them canceling B&T after this year. A show that has been with the event for 26 years out of 27 years. Never once said it had anything to do with their "announcement planning". And thats cute that you praise Universal's event so much, keep drinking that kool-aid, but there are better events & even singular haunts out there that are leagues ahead of HHN, even if they don't have the "known" brand. But just remember, Knotts has been doing it first & for 45 years in California.

lol what attack efforts? Don't be such a ham dude its just a debate about a theme park event. So silly 

Dude that is the biggest stretch I've ever heard. Never has a group of radically different IP's all forged themselves into one street with elaborate sets and such. Yeah we've had stage like scare zones especially in past years with chance, icons and face off (way better examples than Terra guard run of all things) but never with giant IP's. It'll be cool and fun man, worked then and will probably work now.

Those doors and sets are exactly like the movie. The ghosts put out in the lawn could've been props they're that identical. You're comparing apples and oranges. We got a stage where the old skoolhouse used to be and its a different area than it once was. SH was one of the best zones of all time and I think its unfair to compare especially since the only thing similar to it will be pumpkins and a couple creepy kids. Plus its based off a movie you said you love and watch every year, whats bad about that?

I got it man, theres just no reason to be all pissy around it when you could just say  it genuinely looks cool. Idk about that dude, that UFO looks pretty damn incredible, way better than that tank.

I bet you they do know what they're doing. The concept art on that zone looks sick and marketing won't change that when you're there having an awesome time. lol I still don't know what you're getting at with it so I'll just drop it

You are so ridiculous its genuinely hilarious. I'm not drinking kool aid man I just admitted the event has dropped in recent years. Still,  I'm gonna go to this event with my best pals and have an awesome time. No need to compare and contrast haunts when you can go and enjoy them all, its not a competition. That knotts point makes zero sense, like lol man I know.

Overall don't be such a baby man we cool

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, lespectre said:

UJhSYCLmT-mLQL0VOetWig.png 2owhvtDcT1aRYh_E-D3GOA.png

???!!!!????

am i just seeing clues where there aren't any?? is this just a character for the commercial?? or could she be something more? she definitely fits in with the soul collectors aesthetic that we've seen thusfar

We have a voodoo house.......

That commercial was pretty cool!  Love Eli Roth, too!  Anyone see him in Inglourious Basterds?  He played a guy from Boston.  After he bashed in that Nazi's head:

(Thick Boston accent) "Oh he went yahd on that one!  That's  on fuckin' Landsdowne Street!  Give it up for Teddy Fuckin' Ballgame!!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

Welcome back, sweetie!  I can't believe you took the time to read all 148 pages of this.  OMG.  

As for your drink question - I don't often drink at the event because I want to be stone-cold sober and remember every detail.  However, we usually buy one of the themed drinks in order to get the blinky cup.  So far, I haven't been disappointed.  The red one last year tasted like watermelon Jolly Rancher.  That did NOT piss me off.

Thanks for the compliment, btw. :)

I got that a lot over the last three days. LOL. Anytime! And watermelon Jolly Rancher sounds delicious. 

And I totally think that lady is hinting towards at least a mascot, she goes very well with a lot of the graphics on the website and such.

10 minutes ago, lespectre said:

UJhSYCLmT-mLQL0VOetWig.png 2owhvtDcT1aRYh_E-D3GOA.png

???!!!!????

am i just seeing clues where there aren't any?? is this just a character for the commercial?? or could she be something more? she definitely fits in with the soul collectors aesthetic that we've seen thusfar

Could she possibly be a glimpse at the scareactors in Festival of the Deadliest?? 

16 minutes ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

I got that a lot over the last three days. LOL. Anytime! And watermelon Jolly Rancher sounds delicious. 

If you like beer, The Leaky Cauldron has some great craft brews.  But...as you'll be legal drinking age at HHN for the first time - they sell shots at most of the bars :D.  I know I need them the first weekend to help me forget how much money I just spent.

20 minutes ago, Pandry said:

If you like beer, The Leaky Cauldron has some great craft brews.  But...as you'll be legal drinking age at HHN for the first time - they sell shots at most of the bars :D.  I know I need them the first weekend to help me forget how much money I just spent.

Don't forget...Butterbeer with a shot of Fireball.

• Like 2