HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

I completely forgot about another one of my favorite moments from last year. On the second to last day, I went into Krampus and it was one of those beautiful moments where no one was behind me and no one was in front of me. I walked into the living room scene and one of the elves jumped out but then started dancing so I danced with him. But shortly after, another elf snuck up right behind me and made the most god awful inhuman noises I have ever heard in my life and chased me out of the room. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Over so much time, we've had some spectacular interactions with scareactors.  It's hard to narrow down to just one.  I toss a few:

1.  TCM house last year, the actor was the long haired skinny guy that is the hitchhiker in the movie.. this actor had come to play our escape room, and we met him.  I was wearing our Dare 2 Escape t-shirt, so I know he really recognized me.  He jumped out from behind furniture or something and literally put me in a headlock and put his knife up against my throat.   I am sure it freaked out the people behind us, but I LOVED it.  He pretend slashed me, too - well enough, I actually had a small red line on my neck until two days later.

THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! He did that to all of our friends, lol. 

...*shifty eyes* I may or may not have been pulled into the boo-hole and got to press the e-prompt on the last night, too. Can't confirm or deny that :P

• Like 2

I have a couple more moments from last year's event that our my favorites:

1.) In Lair of the Banshee, the "Tiger" faced guy must've recognized me since I'd gone about 20 nights over the course of event. I swear he must've been looking for me because, after the first couple of times that he'd gotten me, I'd make sure to look around for him. Somehow, almost EVERY SINGLE TIME  he'd end up right behind me and growl loudly into my ear. On one of the last night's I was like "Dude, you've gotten me like 10 times over the course of HHN" and he bowed back at me. I find this ironic because on my first time walking through the scare zone, he seemed to have the least scary costume. 

2.) Halloween II - My fiance and I were walking through the house for probably the second time. His greatest fear is Michael Myers and I'm not really affected by slasher flicks so I felt a little cocky compared to him. When we were walking through one of the hospital hallways, I could see Michael just standing and waiting at the end of what appeared to be a very long hallway and I waved because I thought it was bad show that I could see him. Well, it turned out to be a mirror and within a second he was up in my face. The look on my fiance's face was priceless, and I learned to never taunt scareactors. 

3.) I think all of Vamp 55 was just amazing. From the greasers singing Johnny Be Good to the Homecoming Court girls yelling about who got the crown, to the marching band girl holding the cymbals who somehow always ended up behind me. Just a fantastically fun experience. 

6 minutes ago, Alice said:

THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT! He did that to all of our friends, lol. 

...*shifty eyes* I may or may not have been pulled into the boo-hole and got to press the e-prompt on the last night, too. Can't confirm or deny that :P

*In a childlike voice* It's a small world after all.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Omg I was there when the prison girl yelled at someone for touching her boob! Holy crap I was like a few feet from you I distinctly remember that. It took me by surprise too because that was one of my first HHN and I was just at Not So Scary the day before. 

That's insane! I highly doubt that it happened more than once. The crazy thing was, I was recording video during the time it happened. I will need to see if I can track down the footage. I remember watching it back and it wasn't very good (the audio sucked) but if I can find it, maybe you will see yourself!

EDIT: Found it! Like I said the audio sucks. Can't hear (or clearly see) what started it but you can clearly hear the actor making the comment about getting touched and the surprised look on the other workers face. I remember I stopped filming and decided to head back the way I just came from to see if anything else would happen and that's when I notice the guest had come back and the actor made the "This is prison rules, you touched my t***y so now I own you" comment. I regret not filming that moment. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/O7C8CWFH66NZl8nn2

Edited by Badge
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2017 at 6:28 PM, Sledge said:

^But Jay-Z sucks.

Yup, but was trying to be PC.  Was trying to think of a super popular hillbilly and pop band too....but drew a blank and decided just to stick to stuff that my generation would get excited by (which includes Jay-Z for some of my friends).  I LOVE NIN and they're always played at the event so included them.  Was going to include Marilyn Manson for the same reason, but feared getting off track on another religion-based discussion.

Was just trying to think of an analogy about why they would want a big announcement and the way concert festivals announce like 3 or 4 bands, then trickle out the headliners, then dump the umpteen "other bands" seemed like a good one.  It's a proven marketing campaign.  And I go to a yearly music festival here and (usually) buy at the first announcement as a fan of the event (much like I do for HHN), then they announce each individual headliner over the next couple months, then they announce the BIG headliner and all the other bands and the shows, vendors, etc.  They raise the tickets each phase too, but know that the MAJORITY of sales comes after the big reveal.

The festival is in June and they actually have a Black Friday Blind Faith sale where you can buy your tickets 8 months in advance before they announce a single band for a significant discount and/or pay in installments with no interest.

I see the Orlando HHN twitter has taken to tweeting links to selling tickets and various extras such as the unmasking tour etc. Really? That's the best they can come up with? I'm not sure what's worse that (a) the people running their Twitter are totally oblivious to the fact that their followers are likely NOT casual fans ... or (b) they are trolling their hardcore fans. I hope it's option b with an announcement around the corner but I fear it's option a. 

I went for the first time last year and loved it. Booked way ahead of time this year. I plan to have a great time regardless but am dismayed with how poorly a media giant would handle their marketing and social media. Seems like a missed opportunity to engage and retain fans ... but hey, at least there is a social media pyramid scheme in place.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

13th Gate, bar none, is the best haunted attraction I've been to. Simply OUTSTANDING. Makes HHN look like a child's haunt.

Agree 100% that it's the best single haunt I've been to as well. For one building they cram a ton of stuff in that building and the variety is what always impresses me. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

13th Gate, bar none, is the best haunted attraction I've been to. Simply OUTSTANDING. Makes HHN look like a child's haunt.

Going to be honest here and say that I've yet to be scared at HHN. I think Fright Fest does the Halloween thing WAAY better. 

• Like 1

Bit off topic but as it's likely I'll be travelling to Orlando alone now, would people recommend the RIP tour as a good way to experience HHN in a group, rather than do it alone?  As I'd need to cancel my original ticket anyway thinking might be better to do the tour, then if I wanted to go again get another ticket for one night? Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated 

You know, I can't really recall any time I've gotten a good scare.  Nothing usually gets me.  There have been a few jumps when I've taken pictures only to find a scareactor snuck up behind me.  My girlfriend, however, is a different story.  She's scared getting out of the car.  And my friend has been a scareactor for the past 10 years.  He's good a few times a season with getting his whole crew to chase her.  Even though she knows it's coming.

Here's my girlfriend, my friend Sha-Ron (he was the kidnapper in the last Purge zone with the "Dog" mask) and get this - the female scareactor is "Rat Lady!"

HHN 25

• Like 3

14 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

You know what would get it going again? Something new to tweet other than that same old "your soul is requested" one

That's sort of what I was getting at..

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Bit off topic but as it's likely I'll be travelling to Orlando alone now, would people recommend the RIP tour as a good way to experience HHN in a group, rather than do it alone?  As I'd need to cancel my original ticket anyway thinking might be better to do the tour, then if I wanted to go again get another ticket for one night? Any thoughts/comments greatly appreciated 

I think the RIP tour would be a wonderful idea - especially if you're doing this alone.  At least then, you get the opportunity to see so much more.  And who knows?  Maybe you'll have a decent group that you're paired with.  I also hope you continue to reach out to this forum.  I"m sure there are fellow Nightmares members who would love to have you hang with them.  Maybe we will see you there.. if you don't mind going through a house or two with three middle-aged women. :)  What dates are you going again?

I almost hate to bring this up. But, does anyone want to take bets on whether that counter will either get reset at some point, OR when it hits zero nothing will actually happen.

I'm thinking it's a possibility since they obviously had one plan, but with one or two (possibly more) announcements getting delayed, that may have gone out the window.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I almost hate to bring this up. But, does anyone want to take bets on whether that counter will either get reset at some point, OR when it hits zero nothing will actually happen.

I'm thinking it's a possibility since they obviously had one plan, but with one or two (possibly more) announcements getting delayed, that may have gone out the window.

If the announcement timer is for our "original pour out", there should be no reason to delay that either way. But yeah, who knows?

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

That's sort of what I was getting at..

I think the RIP tour would be a wonderful idea - especially if you're doing this alone.  At least then, you get the opportunity to see so much more.  And who knows?  Maybe you'll have a decent group that you're paired with.  I also hope you continue to reach out to this forum.  I"m sure there are fellow Nightmares members who would love to have you hang with them.  Maybe we will see you there.. if you don't mind going through a house or two with three middle-aged women. :)  What dates are you going again?

Haha I honestly don't mind who I go with. Just as long as I'm not the "sacrificial lamb" so to speak. 

I'll be in Orlando for two weeks, from 19 September to 3 October.  So probably do the rip tour early on, and get a standard rush of fear ticket without express so can enjoy the ambiance on other nights. 

So, what is everyone's excitement level for the house lineup being speculated?

My rankings:

1--Shining

2--Bayou of Blood

3--Harvest of the Souls (in both this and Shining, wind effects are a must--also, I think having the sound of a banjo playing "Brother Can You Spare A Dime" out front, think like in American Adventure, would be a really cool touch)

4--Angels/Demons

5--Black Eyed Children (this is one in which a queue video would really help--newspaper clippings on reported sightings, to convey a sort of mystery as to whether they exist like any good urban legend)

6--Ash v Evilness Dead

7--Blumhouse

Tied last--AHS and Jigsaw (no desire to go in either of these two)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

24 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Haha I honestly don't mind who I go with. Just as long as I'm not the "sacrificial lamb" so to speak. 

I'll be in Orlando for two weeks, from 19 September to 3 October.  So probably do the rip tour early on, and get a standard rush of fear ticket without express so can enjoy the ambiance on other nights. 

We will be there on your last weekend.  However, i would never go to HHN without express.. I'm too old to stand in line for two damn hours.  You may want to seriously reconsider any ticket without express.  In fact, I think Rush of Fear with Express is probably the best ticket they sell for getting your money's worth.  

Anyway, I'm sure by the time the event starts, everyone will be posting what nights they are going and even what they will be wearing.  It's possible we may find you. :)

17 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So, what is everyone's excitement level for the house lineup being speculated?

My rankings:

1--Shining

2--Bayou of Blood

3--Harvest of the Souls

4--Angels/Demons

5--Black Eyed Children (this is one in which a queue video would really help--newspaper clippings on reported sightings, to convey a sort of mystery as to whether they exist like any good urban legend)

6--Ash v Evilness Dead

7--Blumhouse

Tied last--AHS and Jigsaw (no desire to go in either of these two)

1.  Shining

2.  AHS

3. Harvest of the Souls

4.  Angels/Demons

5. Bayou of Blood

6. Blumhouse

7.  Black Eyed Childre

8. Ash

9. Jigsaw