Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

On 6/15/2016 at 11:16 AM, Oysterhead00 said:

A decade ago this would have excited me.  Now, my old ass is confident I'll be back at the hotel sleeping before the event closes each night I'm there :)   Maybe I'll put my Big Boy Pants on one night and try to power through all the houses one last time after midnight when the lines get remarkably shorter. 

Not to give you shit, but I'm going to give you shit.  Last year, on Halloween, we got married at HHN.  My mother wanted to be there, so I bought her a ticket.  She was 75 years old.  She got there at opening with us, and she stayed all the way through to 2am.  She LOVED it.  So, I think you can manage to get your old ass moving and stay out until close.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

What is interesting about this image, to me, is that it looks like she's wearing a straight jacket... not her typical costume.

We have seen her in the straight jacket already from the video. This is her look for the house when we are in "reality". The other costume will be used outside of the house when we are inside her mind.

Being a bit bored at work and anxious for more speculation, is the following where things stand in terms of houses/clues?  I don't remember reading to what clue a Chance house would match.

The announced -- The Exorcist

The announced: Second coming (Tent 2) -- Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The announced: The returning (Tent 3) -- The Walking Dead

The unannounced: The return (Parade)

The unannounced: The expected

The unannounced: The requeling

The unannounced: Claustrophic jewel

The unknown

Shall not be named
OR
Branded Hash

44 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

What is this about Kong getting pushed back?

It's buggy as all hell and the media events were all cancelled in the wake of the recent tragedies. They basically had little choice.

46 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

What is this about Kong getting pushed back?

Well, totally off topic, but it is on the official map now and is open almost all day, everyday. Just still in soft opening while they work out the kinks.

Back on topic, anybody have any idea why TWD is still not listed on the HHN website on the home page like the other announcements have been? Are they worried about promoting it to much in fear of it taking away from TWDA at USH?

• Like 1

On June 21, 2016 at 10:37 AM, HHN_jsg277 said:

Given everything that has happened, do you guys think announcements are being pushed back for a while? The HHN Twitter account has been quiet but it seems like the Universal Orlando account is starting to become active again.

Guessing they're worried about confusing the general public. Would have been smart for them to have built the attraction in Orlando at the same time.

3 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

Guessing they're worried about confusing the general public. Would have been smart for them to have built the attraction in Orlando at the same time.

Its on the announcements page, just not on the front page with the others. I can only assume the same. However it's been publicized everywhere that the other three announcements have except for the front page of the website. 

3 hours ago, Badge said:

Back on topic, anybody have any idea why TWD is still not listed on the HHN website on the home page like the other announcements have been? Are they worried about promoting it to much in fear of it taking away from TWDA at USH?

This is believed to be because they have to share top billing with the "shall not" IP. It's just a logical guess. But they may produce graphics and an offical place on the site when it is revealed... otherwise.. I dunno.

4 hours ago, JDW said:

This is believed to be because they have to share top billing with the "shall not" IP. It's just a logical guess. But they may produce graphics and an offical place on the site when it is revealed... otherwise.. I dunno.

Oh no...this better not mean we are getting a Fear TWD house too so they have to share the spotlight! Of course, maybe TWD has to share with AHS which would seem odd to promote in the game graphic but stranger things have happened. Dang it though, if they force FTWD on us too, that will take away a lot of my faith in this year being as good as last year. WE ARE SICK OF ZOMBIES!!!

33 minutes ago, Badge said:

Oh no...this better not mean we are getting a Fear TWD house too so they have to share the spotlight! Of course, maybe TWD has to share with AHS which would seem odd to promote in the game graphic but stranger things have happened. Dang it though, if they force FTWD on us too, that will take away a lot of my faith in this year being as good as last year. WE ARE SICK OF ZOMBIES!!!

We're not getting FTWD. They may do one or the other, but I could never see them doing the two in the same year. However, if the second IP that shares the top billing is the one I'm thinking of, I may see it take over TWD's ad space a little. 

13 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

We're not getting FTWD. They may do one or the other, but I could never see them doing the two in the same year. However, if the second IP that shares the top billing is the one I'm thinking of, I may see it take over TWD's ad space a little. 

And which ip do you think it is?

I'm going to assume that you're guess is another television show.

On 6/23/2016 at 1:36 PM, Badge said:

Well, totally off topic, but it is on the official map now and is open almost all day, everyday. Just still in soft opening while they work out the kinks.

There's no worry that it would take away from the attraction in Hollywood. It's clear that they don't want to promote it as heavily as they have in the past. There is no need to promote it in such as way, as the other IPs this year are of greater focus. Most people that have been attending in recent years know that it is coming back and the fans of the show that are drawn in because of it will know and be excited regardless. They are putting their effort into the other properties this year... and with good reason. 

Wow so I haven't been following along this year but saw The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre announcements and got stoked. The Walking Dead...not so much. They have more material then last year so it should be better but without the actual characters being a part of the maze (which I guess is never going to happen), I don't care anymore.

Shocked that the house lineup has not leaked this year. That's a first in a long time.

But really excited with the rumored houses: Would love to see Halloween 2 and Krampus (wasn't a huge fan of the movie because in tone it didn't know what it wanted to be but it would make a great house). I still would love to see Trick r' Treat over it though.

If true, a mega Hitchcock hits house would be very cool also. Bates Motel was fantastic this season but they can't make a house on that. There's just not enough material.

I'll wait to see what else is announced but I'll definitely be there if Halloween 2 is announced.

I missed it last year due to the lack of Scream but this years lineup looks much stronger. Just wasn't worth it to go to see Freddy vs Jason, Greatest Hits, and Body Collectors. 

Here's to hoping to no more cheesy gimmicks like I saw in the Freddy vs. Jason walk through though.

1 hour ago, somebody85 said:

Wow so I haven't been following along this year but saw The Exorcist and Texas Chainsaw Massacre announcements and got stoked. The Walking Dead...not so much. They have more material then last year so it should be better but without the actual characters being a part of the maze (which I guess is never going to happen), I don't care anymore.

Shocked that the house lineup has not leaked this year. That's a first in a long time.

But really excited with the rumored houses: Would love to see Halloween 2 and Krampus (wasn't a huge fan of the movie because in tone it didn't know what it wanted to be but it would make a great house). I still would love to see Trick r' Treat over it though.

If true, a mega Hitchcock hits house would be very cool also. Bates Motel was fantastic this season but they can't make a house on that. There's just not enough material.

I'll wait to see what else is announced but I'll definitely be there if Halloween 2 is announced.

I missed it last year due to the lack of Scream but this years lineup looks much stronger. Just wasn't worth it to go to see Freddy vs Jason, Greatest Hits, and Body Collectors. 

Here's to hoping to no more cheesy gimmicks like I saw in the Freddy vs. Jason walk through though.

Walking Dead is a compilation of all seasons, so yes they no doubt have material. More than they've ever have. :rolleyes:

While the lineup hasn't leaked, "outlines" are out there, even on this forum.

Word on the bird is no mega Hitchcock, but the mega mainly rumored at this point (minus any surprises or "Scream Incidents", which is possible with this property) is another TV show that's arguably been in the running for a few years now.

9 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Walking Dead is a compilation of all seasons, so yes they no doubt have material. More than they've ever have. :rolleyes:

While the lineup hasn't leaked, "outlines" are out there, even on this forum.

Word on the bird is no mega Hitchcock, but the mega mainly rumored at this point (minus any surprises or "Scream Incidents", which is possible with this property) is another TV show that's arguably been in the running for a few years now.

COUGH American Horror Story COUGH

• Like 2

Assuming it is AHS, they probably should have chosen to use it a couple years back. Even though it's still one of FX's best shows (ratings) and worth watching, it's popularity has lost some steam. Looking at the numbers, I think that they get a lot of people to watch the premieres because a. they advertise the show relentlessly going into it,  b. people wanted to see Lady Gaga (last season), and c. they take place in October which is obviously a time when people go out of their way to see spooky tv. Last season was the worst overall season yet and the viewership pretty much reflects it. At the premiere they had a solid 5.81 million viewers, but during the finale only 2.24 million were watching. Now I suppose there are other factors that could have contributed to this, for instance, maybe there was another show or sporting event taking place that pulled the viewers over. However, no matter how you look at it, it's not good at all. From the little I read about what's taking place this season, I'm not too overly excited about this season's prospects either (children and an opera singer). I know I'll end up watching it though (especially in October), since there really isn't anything similar to it on tv that I'm aware of.

• Like 1