Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Going to be disappointed if Krampus is Hollywood only. Feel like we have enough "older" IP's at this point so we need something more current. Three classics and three "new" IP's is the best mix. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

Going to be disappointed if Krampus is Hollywood only. Feel like we have enough "older" IP's at this point so we need something more current. Three classics and three "new" IP's is the best mix. 

TBF, even if through some twist we didn't have Krampus, that split would still be in, considering Conjuring probably would be in instead, IMO.

The more I see of this line up for IPs, the more disappointed I am that we don't have the 

Usher. This year would have been perfect for his theming. It's not that I dislike chance, it's just that chance works better for a less up focused year.

• Like 2

I would have agreed with you yesterday but after listening to an interview this morning that Mike gave on a podcast and talked about how they loved now Chance's theme could live along side every other house this year and the thought they put into that I am excited to see how it can all possibly tie together 

Edited by Hhnsophmore

12 hours ago, Gambit said:

And with that, here's the current SPECULATION map. I know I say this every year but this is a map based on current SPECULATION and there is nothing official about it. As of right now the only confirmed house locations are Halloween, TCM and Cobwebs I believe. Scarezones will be added once we get some more information on them.

HHN%20Spec%20Map_1.png

Nice design! However, Exorcist is going to be in SS22 (B) and TWD is probably in 24B based on the permits (D)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Someone over on the Hollywood side said we might be getting Jabbawockeez for our 2nd show. Please tell me this isn't true. Are we even getting a 2nd show for certain?

The Jabbawockeez I doubt would come over. So far the only thing that is implying more than one show is the word usage on both HHN's website and USO website that both use the plural form by saying "shows". Bill and Ted of course but the other is not known. Hopefully Chance.

2 hours ago, Dead Inside said:

Nice design! However, Exorcist is going to be in SS22 (B) and TWD is probably in 24B based on the permits (D)

Yes but SS22 has had it's entrance at both "A" (Dusk Till Dawn) and "B" (AWIL) so both could be correct. It really all depends on if SS21 is the being used again or not but that's not know at this time. Same goes for TWD entrance, SS24 B has had it's entrance at both "C" (Freddy VS Jason) and "D" (Dracula Untold) so both could also be correct.

• Like 3

Given what we know about locations and what is speculated, it appears Krampus (if it's coming) and the final IP only have two possible locations. 

Soundstage (25?, it's really frustrating that there's no location of 3 permits)

Sprung 3 or MiB Sprung (not sure what we will end up calling it.)

I think we would all agree that Krampus should not be in a tent. 

So, is Krampus the potential megahouse? The soundstages typical hold the megahouse. Or can they do a megahouse in the new tent?

The new tent has almost 1000 more square feet than the existing ones. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

So, is Krampus the potential megahouse? The soundstages typical hold the megahouse. Or can they do a megahouse in the new tent?

I know a lot of people want Krampus to come, but does it really deserve the megahouse treatment? I'd be shocked if it was.

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I know a lot of people want Krampus to come, but does it really deserve the megahouse treatment? I'd be shocked if it was.

That's why I asked the question. I don't think Krampus has enough material for a megahouse. 

Which makes me wonder if:

A - Krampus isn't coming

B - Krampus is going into a tent (this seems unlikely)

C - The megahouse is going into a tent. 

Are we for sure that Chance is going in Shrek and TWD is in a SS? I would rather them put TWD in the new tent (lets them work out and test a new location with a property they are sick of working with and know fans don't want anyway) and stick Krampus in a soundstage. Is the showstage that can be chilled already taken? That would be ideal for Krampus.

Also, I could see them changing the line setup a bit this year. I could see the old Twister line (C on the map) going to where Body Collectors was last year (D on the map). Then move D back where RUN was last year and just go left behind the Mummy. Two reasons for this:

1) Twister (and the area around it) is very much an active construction site and so they can't have people in it. They can't cram both line (4 in total) into D's location either and it can't go near the old bathrooms because of the line requirements of another house using that path. 

2) With no house for a LONG stretch of road, that area will see a lot less foot traffic and everything else will feel busier. This gets a house entrance in an empty area to help draw people back there. With no rides from Mummy until Gringotts, that is a lot of empty space. It looks like they could make it work with a fairly clear shot back to the soundstage areas running behind Mummy with the only big issue being the train tracks above. 

20 minutes ago, Badge said:

Are we for sure that Chance is going in Shrek and TWD is in a SS?

I don't know about the Chance original, but TWD is sharing a SS with an original.

June 3rd tweet... This = TWD

This will be a located in one of our soundstages and be shared with an unannounced original maze.

All I know is that Krampus better not end up in a tent... That would be pretty weak.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I think Chance being in Shrek is speculation. 

Krampus really needs the temperature controls a soundstage offers unless they do an original spin on the IP like they've done in the past. 

07's The Thing worked in a tent because the backstory was "original" like the AvP backstory and Cabin backstories. The Thing was set in Florida. The heat fit the story. 

I suppose they could attempt a similar twist with Krampus, but I would prefer a soundstage and snow and cold. 

The new tent is 5,750 sqft (if memory serves). The existing tents are 4,800 sqft. Is that 950 extra square footage enough to create a megahouse in a tent?

I personally don't like all of this newfound talk of "the megahouse" If there isn't something that justifies it, I would rather see that much put into making every house a bit better. Or even better, I think a mega scare zone that runes New York to Siagon Alley would be much more interesting.

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Krampus really needs the temperature controls a soundstage offers unless they do an original spin on the IP like they've done in the past. 

07's The Thing worked in a tent because the backstory was "original" like the AvP backstory and Cabin backstories. The Thing was set in Florida. The heat fit the story. 

I suppose they could attempt a similar twist with Krampus, but I would prefer a soundstage and snow and cold.

While people would like if it's in a soundstage and cold, it's best accepting that's probably not gonna' happen. An' to be fair, how many houses with a winter/arctic theme were actually cold? I don't recall hearing Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays or 2011's Thing were cold. Cold Blind Terror sure as heck wasn't since nothing in that house fit the name. The last house I can remember hearing being cold was Winter's Night in SS 22. An' the Exorcist is going in that one, where I think we can all agree that bedroom needs to be cold since it's a distinctive element of the movie.

The priority for Krampus is the creature effects/puppets, much more so then the overall temperature of the house. Yes, it would be nice if it was cold. But the one place that can be legitimately cold is already taken for a IP that honestly needs it a lot more. (That and Hollywood's Krampus ain't going to be cold either, they don't have a SS this year.)

• Like 1