Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

10 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

It's been 9 years, so a solid 80% of the attendees this year have never seen a TCM maze. It's based off the original, so technically never done. And it's being done by a largely different creative team from 9 years ago.

I can't fathom why someone would think this IP is a tired out one at Universal, especially during a year that may end up having 2 IPs from just last year. If the complaint it chainsaw overload, especially after last year, then I could understand. But this should turn out as well as Halloween and FvJ. I'm very excited. 

Let's hope it's as good as Halloween, and better than FvJ.

I would like to see the house quality return to 24's status. Thinking back on that year...Halloween, AvP, Dollhouse, and Giggles were top notch.  Would like to see at least 50% of the houses be that good.

Actually Leatherface has been used at HHN in Orlando 4 times. 

A scene in Universal's House of Horror in 1995. A brief cameo in Universal's New Museum of Horror in 1998. A scene in All Nite Die-In in 2003. The house, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds in 2007.

That's less times than Jack, The Caretaker, the Director or even the Lord of Darkness.

That's exactly the same number as the Storyteller, The Cryptkeeper, Chucky or Eddie.

• Like 5

I honestly see Eddie as this year's icon

My speculated house line up:

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Orlando Only (obviously) 
  2. Krampus - Shared IP
  3. The Walking Dead - Shared IP
  4. Penn & Teller house - Orlando Only IP
  5. Ash vs. Evil Dead - Shared IP
  6. Alfred Hitchcock house - Orlando Only IP
  7. Eddie house
  8. Nightingales 2
  9. All new original house 

My speculated streets:

• Purge: Election Year - entire park scare zone (mainly due to construction just like 2012)

My speculated shows:

• Bill and Ted (obviously)
  • New show on a temporary stage
Edited by hhnfan95

i dont think we getting a pen and teller house but maybe a magic show on the one stage from last year

i have a hunch we might see killer klowns from outer space

no icon this year if we do it going to be eddie 

Edited by timbo8

Eddie won't ever be an icon, get over it. Especially not this year unless they want to downplay TCM. If anything, last year was the year of the chainsaws, with Eddie & Sam Meetz at the end of M&M, Chainsaw Drill Team, Clownsaws, and Orange is the New Black with Chainsaws.

I've noticed a trend in the houses these past few years as well:

2013: An American Werewolf in London

2014: Alien Vs. Predator

2015: American Werewolf in London

2016:?

All These used Puppets

2013: Urban Legends: La Llorona

2014: Roanoke: Cannibal Colony

2015: Body Collectors: Recollections

All These (Loosely) Historic

2013: Havoc: Derailed

2014: Halloween / Alien Vs. Predator

2015: Freddy Vs. Jason

2016: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

All These Featured Tall People

2013: Cabin in the Woods (~)

2014: Dollhouse of the Damned

2015: Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem / RUN: Blood, Sweat, & Fears

All These Are Compilations

2013: Afterlife: Death's Vengeance

2014: Giggles & Gore

2015: Asylum in Wonderland 3D

All These Are Fun(?)

I find it likely we'll get some houses that fit the trends. Krampus for the Puppets, Nightingales or something for the history, we already have TCM for tall people, Don't know about compilation, and maybe Penn & Teller again for the Fun(?)

Edited by Mrevio

On 4/16/2016 at 8:50 PM, hhnfan95 said:

I honestly see Eddie as this year's icon

My speculated house line up:

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Orlando Only (obviously) 
  2. Krampus - Shared IP
  3. The Walking Dead - Shared IP
  4. Penn & Teller house - Orlando Only IP
  5. Ash vs. Evil Dead - Shared IP
  6. Alfred Hitchcock house - Orlando Only IP
  7. Eddie house
  8. Nightingales 2
  9. All new original house 

My speculated streets:

• Purge: Election Year - entire park scare zone (mainly due to construction just like 2012)

My speculated shows:

• Bill and Ted (obviously)
  • New show on a temporary stage

The Purge as an entire park scare zone?  I think not.  We've already had the friggin Purge in various forms for the last couple years.  Also, when they did TWD as an entire park scare zone, they got mega shit for it (as they should).  I don't think they would do that again.  

• Like 2

Entire park of The Purge characters.  That could be interesting.  I didn't go the all TWD year so I have no point of reference for that, but having different SZs around the Purge Trilogy could be interesting.  Like an area that is the lawn area from the first one, then one that is the house.  Then from the second one have general area, bread truck zone, and then a shootout zone.  And then whatever there is from part 3.

NOT a roaming (aka no props) type thing, but different zones all themed to different parts of The Purge could be interesting.  Like the shoot out zone would be REALLY dark, have some dim green lights for the night vision type thing, some easily moveable (ie not affect the parade) fake statutes/fountains and stuff.  Could be interesting.  Maybe a hero car from 2 where someone playing him periodically pulls into each zone, starts blasting the scareactors who fall down "dead", and then get up and leave when it's a cast change.  That could be cool.  Every now and then, walking around, you'd catch the guy from 2 come in and wipe out all the purgers and get in his car and leave.

Doubt it would happen, but could be interesting.  Just zombies...zzzzzzzz.  Different "gangs" from The Purge in distinct zones....maybe.

What I REALLY want to see is a return of the projections that had parts of NY disintegrating (Acid Assault maybe?).  I LOVED that affect.  If they did a similar affect throughout the park of it burning that would be awesome.  Like lighting and real flame bars on the roofs and then projections of just everything on fire and burning and falling apart.  Would love something like that.  Hell, tie in some new "mini icon" that....ummmmm....lost her whole family in the fire, yet she was blamed for it for witchcraft or something, and she was burned at the stake and seeks her revenge.  Or she was burnt at the stake on some BS charge and came back to haunt the town and set it all on fire killing everybody.  Would love to see something like that.

I like the projections as well.  I would LOVE to see that again - it adds so much to atmosphere.

However, I 100% disagree with ever making one thing the theme of ALL the scare zones.  I don't care if they are roaming or set - one theme is BORING.  Also, not everyone likes the Purge.  Not everyone likes TWD.  HHN has a mix of houses for a reason - to appeal to as many people as possible.  Frankly, whatever idiot forced them to do TWD as a full park scare zone that year really stepped on his dick, and he should be beaten (yes, I'm still bitter).

Scare zones are one of my favorite things about HHN. I spend a great deal of time in them. I like to watch people.  I like to absorb the feel of it.  It's something I can't wait to learn about every single year.  When they did a whole park of TWD, I was shattered.  For the love of god.. I hope that never happens again.

• Like 3

I wish they could do a firework show but that will never happen. I know they did a show with the sphere things when they were still on the water. Have they done a horror themed show since we got the new screens and fountains? 

The Purge taking over the whole park is not something I think will happen. However, I really enjoyed it as a SZ compared to the house. The trailer has some awesome looking costumes that I would like to see roaming around a SINGLE zone. While I wouldn't mind if they bring it back or not, it's at least a decent enough IP that at least has a wide variety of costumes and weapons to work with. TWD gets so boring when you see the same zombie slowly walking around attempting to bite you.

I am just waiting very impatiently for more announcements and tickets. Will be so excited if they announce a Krampus house. By far my most anticipated rumored house/IP.  

10 hours ago, Badge said:

I wish they could do a firework show but that will never happen. I know they did a show with the sphere things when they were still on the water. Have they done a horror themed show since we got the new screens and fountains? 

The Purge taking over the whole park is not something I think will happen. However, I really enjoyed it as a SZ compared to the house. The trailer has some awesome looking costumes that I would like to see roaming around a SINGLE zone. While I wouldn't mind if they bring it back or not, it's at least a decent enough IP that at least has a wide variety of costumes and weapons to work with. TWD gets so boring when you see the same zombie slowly walking around attempting to bite you.

I am just waiting very impatiently for more announcements and tickets. Will be so excited if they announce a Krampus house. By far my most anticipated rumored house/IP.  

It would be amazing if they utilized the new lagoon show for HHN. :D

As far as the Purge goes, I agree. Mike Aiello has stated on multiple occasions that scarezones are back for good. He even cited popular demand as the reasoning. They've already done their experimenting with full-park scarezones, and for the most part, they all flopped. I could be wrong, though. Crazier things have happened. :rolleyes:

On April 19, 2016 at 0:12 PM, hunnylvr said:

The Purge as an entire park scare zone?  I think not.  We've already had the friggin Purge in various forms for the last couple years.  Also, when they did TWD as an entire park scare zone, they got mega shit for it (as they should).  I don't think they would do that again.  

And again, marketing is running the event now so they really don't care. Plus we have so much construction going on now they may pull a 2012. With the Purge, they don't have to do much street decorating (just throw damaged crap around the streets and let scare-actors run around with weapons and masks).

22 hours ago, traveller said:

Hey Hunnylvr , tells us how you really feel....ha ha. I do agree that was the most dissapointing "scarezone" ever.

But the moving black tarp fences in Shrek alley is a very close 2nd.  

Oh, I agree - the black tarp thing was a huge turd in the punch bowl.  However, at least it was just one little scarezone and it could be avoided.  The whole park scarezone was just my worst nightmare.

Sorry if I offended anyone.. I get foul-mouthed when I get overly passionate about something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hhnfan95 said:

Plus we have so much construction going on now they may pull a 2012. 

They better not pull a 2012. People complain about the 2013 TWD whole park scare zone experience, but 2012 was by far the worst year for scare zones (since there pretty much weren't any at all). The only horde I even enjoyed were the Traditionals. Come to think of it, the houses weren't that great that year either (except Gothic). I think that was also the 1st year without the Jaws ride. On top of all that, I think there was a hurricane (Sandy) churning off the coast the weekend we were there that ended up hitting us when we eventually got back home too. All in all, 2012 was definitely my least favorite year of HHN. It was so bad, during it, we discussed whether to come back again.

I'm going to hope they don't do a Purge full park scare zone. I would much rather have a variety to check out. 

Black tarp thing? You mean the Nightmaze scare zone? This?

I'd still rather have that goofiness than nothing at all, or just roaming hordes.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

On April 19, 2016 at 0:12 PM, hunnylvr said:

I hope they do a variety of concepts. When I speculated the SZ I was thinking "what would marketing do?" and that is the first thing that popped in my head simply due to a lot of construction and how they handle HHN when there is a lot of construction.

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Oh, I agree - the black tarp thing was a huge turd in the punch bowl.  However, at least it was just one little scarezone and it could be avoided.  The whole park scarezone was just my worst nightmare.

Sorry if I offended anyone.. I get foul-mouthed when I get overly passionate about something.

Ha ha ha - I'll defend that scare zone in that in theory / on paper / in a vacuum it was a great idea.  I thought it would be awesome when I heard about it before I went to the event.  However, in execution, it was just TERRIBLE.  But I give them credit for trying out such a novel idea that sounded great in theory.  You don't know what's going to happen until you try it.

I hope they sorta/maybe/kinda try it again, but in a different way.  Back in the first or second year I went they had a chainlink maze (not house, but a real maze) set up somewhere.  Jack was up in a tower yelling insults at you and stuff like that.  If they did something like that (I know, there's nowhere they can do it now) with multiple paths and screens up so you couldn't see around the corners and people were there to scare you, that could be cool.  Or some kind of sheer fabric that you coudln't see through, but scareactors on the other side could.  It couldn't be in the streets not only for obvious reasons, but it would be a huge bottleneck and would be a stampede of people trying to get through.  But if they had a wide open area that they could put it in I think it would be interesting and hopefully not super busy as many people would hopefully not go off the beaten path.

I think that's what they were really trying to do...but having it in a street and not wanting the bottleneck problems, they had to do it in a way that just didn't work and wasn't really a constricting maze, but rather someone closing a gate that made you have walk around it.

9 hours ago, hhnfan95 said:

I hope they do a variety of concepts. When I speculated the SZ I was thinking "what would marketing do?" and that is the first thing that popped in my head simply due to a lot of construction and how they handle HHN when there is a lot of construction.

The thing is, there is not much construction going on in "guest" areas. The current construction effected two houses (one gone and the other's queue). It worked back then because a massive section smack dab in the middle of (Manhattan) the park was under construction. This year, two areas on the edge of the park are under construction so using construction as an excuse would really suck.

I feel like after last year, going back to the "whole park" concept would be an awful idea. Sure, marketing unfortunately has some say now, but I think 22 and 23 and their negative feedback helped. We got 24 with scarezones again (with IP's...since marketing loves them). Then, 25 rolled around and we got 5 non-IP scarezones and 2 "unofficial" zones and it seemed like the streets were the best they had been in a LONG time. Having basically 7 zones without much dead space in the park is what they need to continue to do. Ideally since Disaster house and the stage are gone, they can extend the All Night Die In zone down the rest of the street. 

Nightmaze sucked. Period. But with that said one of the people in the black spandex hula hoop outfit things got a legit jump scare out of me. I mean I'm 6'5" 225lbs and this person got me off the ground. After it happened I commented to my wife that it was the biggest scare to date from possibly the worst SZ ever. So as poorly executed as it was it will always hold a place in my heart.

• Like 2

Just wondering if anyone has a full rumored line-up yet? Sorry if it has already been posted, I couldn't see one. If it isn't supposed to be shared can somebody pm me with it? I know by now someone usually has a good idea what the line-up is. 

2 hours ago, mmc said:

Just wondering if anyone has a full rumored line-up yet? Sorry if it has already been posted, I couldn't see one. If it isn't supposed to be shared can somebody pm me with it? I know by now someone usually has a good idea what the line-up is. 

As a matter of fact, this year we have not had such a major leak. Certain people who used to receive inside information have declined to do so this year (blinks eyes), and I have heard some whispers through the grapevine that those who may have actually leaked such info in the past are under tighter scrutiny and have been made to sign more binding Non-Disclosure Agreements. This makes such leaks more difficult to acquire. Although that may not stop the leakage from eventually occurring.

However back in January a list of 8 houses was posted on HHN Rumors, and one of those has now been officially confirmed: The Texas Chain Saw Massacre based on the original 1974 film.

Does that mean the other 7 houses on that list will also happen? Personally, I believe that list was NOT obtained by any sort of leaked info but was compiled through a combination of trend analysis, speculation, and wishful thinking. My own thinking on that list is that some of those houses may very well be accurate, but not all of them.

For the record the other 7 houses from that January list are:

The Walking Dead - based on season 6 of the program.

Ash vs Evil Dead

American Horror Story

The Purge - likely based on the upcoming Election Year film.

Krampus

A house based on the films of Alfred Hitchcock 

A house based on the Cthulhu Mythos stories of H.P. Lovecraft

In addition to that list of 8 houses there have been many other rumors. It has been strongly rumored that there will be 9 rather than 8 houses and the rumored 9th location is the Men in Black extended queue area. That location would present some interesting logistical problems if indeed it is used.

There have been two rumors of original houses one with some sort of "Western" theme, the other the Chupacabra house that was scrapped in 2012. It may be possible that if these rumors are accurate that these could be the same house.

All the remaining rumors are IPs, I have heard all manner of speculation and rumor about the following:

The Exorcist

The Conjuring

Tremors

Penn & Teller - either a house or a show

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Phantasm

Jeepers Creepers

Candyman

Green Inferno

Thus by my count there have been 19 different house rumors, one of which has actually been officially confirmed.

• Like 2