Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

Halloween Horror Nights 26 (2016) will be on select nights from September 16 – October 31 (which is a Monday),

What would you like to see at Halloween Horror Nights 26?  Older Icon, new Icon?  8-9 or maybe 10 houses? Disaster house will be gone, Twister queue gone.  New tent?, new parade building? 2 houses in current parade building?  Where do we go now!?

• Like 3

Is there a reason they stopped doing Halloween Horror Nights in Islands of Adventure after 2005?

2006 was "Sweet 16" with the return of all the Icons, thus returning the event to where it started.  Capacity issues is the problem you wouldn't see HHN solo at IOA now.  It couldn't handle the crowds, along with issues of using Marvel, Seuss and Harry Potter.

• Like 1

Don't expect it. It would be very costly and very difficult for universal to acquire such a property from a rival company. 

It stinks it apparently got scrapped in 2013. A boy can dream.. :(

Well, for my WISHFUL thinking, I want-

Scream Queens

American Horror Story

^ Those two will probably never happen (stupid Fox)

The Final Girls (hilarious, good scenes, very touching)

The Conjuring (could be good if done right)

The It Follows soundtrack to be played again somewhere in the park.

NO MORE WALKING DEAD!!!!!

But I feel like the Usher will be involved somehow next year. Did anyone else see the picture of what was written on the booth window? It was somewhere on either Instagram or twitter, but it looked like it said "SEE YOU 26" or something along those lines.

• Like 2

even though im not a fan of the showb id like to see what they could do with it. It would have to be the "long house" as there's so much stuff that hasn't been covered yet. 

Agreed. The show has a good amount of things from each season to support a "best of house" I said somewhere last year in wishful thinking that a Murder House house traveling through the different decades of the house would be awesome. Hotel could work as well. I just hope one day something happens with the property, it's getting a huge cult following.

As an HHN frequent visitor/Frequent Fear Passholder for the last 14 years, all I really want are the feelings and emotions I got when I walked through the smoke screen of the Caretaker at the Port of Evil, or while watching the elaborate and well-themed Terra Queen’s ritual or the goose bumps of walking up to the BEATIFULLY decorated front entrance of The Carnival of Carnage.

I want the “retro HHN” back, instead of this conglomerate-ran sell-out of an event it has become. Bring back elaborate scarezones like Fright Yard and Field of Screams. Bring back the well-made queue videos reminiscent of the original Body Collectors or Hellgate Prison. Bring back the thrilling and INTERACTIVE houses like Terror Mines. And PLEASE get rid of the terrible dubstep garbage music that was pumped through the park this year and bring back some Midnight Syndicate.

And don’t even get me STARTED on the websites and back stories. How in the world do you go from creating websites like you did for Ripped From The Silver Screen and The Carnival of Carnage, to just filling your site with copy+paste images and text with embedded YouTube videos?!

I don’t think I’m asking for much, especially when the prices of these Frequent Fear Passes go up every year.

As far as HHN 26, I’m more excited to see how they’re going to execute the event with all this limited space and with The Walking Dead “supposedly” being gone, than the actual event content itself. Is this the year we’ll get the “mega-HHN” people love to rumor about with both parks being completely open?

As far as an Icon goes, I don’t really care what or who it is, as long as we have a “face” for HHN. I’m tired of IP logos being the “Icon” of HHN for the past couple of years. It’s so sad to see where the event has come. Maybe I wouldn’t be nagging if they were making-up for all their aforementioned “mistakes” if they were pumping out some quality houses and scarezones. Mind you, Universal’s houses are the best in the business when it comes to design and theme. But we’re not getting BETTER haunted houses. We’re getting the same houses we’ve been getting the past few years, if not worse. Removing effects from houses just because a microscopic percentage of your guests complain or get “hurt” is not a valid reason in my books.

But hey, at the end of the day, yes I will be there on opening night with my Frequent Fear Pass (with Express) in tote and I will enjoy myself as much as my nostalgia will let me.

• Like 7

Agreed. The show has a good amount of things from each season to support a "best of house" I said somewhere last year in wishful thinking that a Murder House house traveling through the different decades of the house would be awesome. Hotel could work as well. I just hope one day something happens with the property, it's getting a huge cult following.

a friend and I were talking about a decades house last night actually. Seeing Red and the Rum Runners in Run is a reference to the 20's and we kept coming up with ideas on how to do different eras in history

• Like 1

I'm thinking we get MIB Queue as our new ninth and they find an alternate way into SS24(A).  That's the impression I'm getting.

IPs:

• No Walking Dead, gonna cross my fingers. I feel like we'll get FTWD, and marketing will say "IT's DIFFERENT!"
  • With Ash Vs Evil Dead, I'm thinking maybe that or Army Of Darkness. Likely Army since apparently A&D does want that?
  • Conjuring feels like a gimme.
  • Purge feels like a gimme, house, scarezone, or even roaming hordes.
  • If we continue the "Throwback" IP houses, A&D wants to do Killer Klownz right? Feels like this could be the time.
  • IP Predictions (I'm shitty at wishful thinking, so I'm just predicting): Fear The Walking Dead (I'm not believing it's gone until I see it's gone), The Conjuring, The Purge - Origins, Army Of Darkness / Ash Vs The Evil Dead, Killer Klownz From Outer Space

Originals:

• I'm crossing my fingers myself for Jack Vs Eddie.
  • I feel like Nightingales could finally get it's goddamn sequel, which has been rumored since what, 23?
  • Legendary Truth, after what's been heard from the experience this year, seems like a somewhat shoo in for this year, even if it doesn't relate to the story presented, I could see the name itself being used, similar to Wyandot Estate. Perhaps that scrapped house from 24, about the creatures under the bed, that was 3D?
  • I'm hoping Urban Legends continues this year myself, because there's so much out there to use.
  • I'm thinking we either have Eddie and Jack coiconing or the other person, who I won't mention since LT spoilers / leak.
  • Original Predictions: Jack Vs Eddie (Them as Icons or Not), Nightingales 2 (with Street Crossover would be nice), Legendary Truth 3D, Urban Legends 2

Trick R Treat and Krampus / Dark Christmas as wildcards.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 3

It stinks it apparently got scrapped in 2013. A boy can dream.. :(

Well, for my WISHFUL thinking, I want-

Scream Queens

American Horror Story

^ Those two will probably never happen (stupid Fox)

The Final Girls (hilarious, good scenes, very touching)

The Conjuring (could be good if done right)

The It Follows soundtrack to be played again somewhere in the park.

NO MORE WALKING DEAD!!!!!

But I feel like the Usher will be involved somehow next year. Did anyone else see the picture of what was written on the booth window? It was somewhere on either Instagram or twitter, but it looked like it said "SEE YOU 26" or something along those lines.

I would be too afraid of another SCREAM fiasco with American Horror Story. I would hate for the park and for the fans to have to go through that again... 
That IP seems like it is impossible to get and they keep trying and they keep having problems... 

imagine this nightmare all over again with that IP.... fk that

As an HHN frequent visitor/Frequent Fear Passholder for the last 14 years, all I really want are the feelings and emotions I got when I walked through the smoke screen of the Caretaker at the Port of Evil, or while watching the elaborate and well-themed Terra Queen’s ritual or the goose bumps of walking up to the BEATIFULLY decorated front entrance of The Carnival of Carnage.

I want the “retro HHN” back, instead of this conglomerate-ran sell-out of an event it has become. Bring back elaborate scarezones like Fright Yard and Field of Screams. Bring back the well-made queue videos reminiscent of the original Body Collectors or Hellgate Prison. Bring back the thrilling and INTERACTIVE houses like Terror Mines. And PLEASE get rid of the terrible dubstep garbage music that was pumped through the park this year and bring back some Midnight Syndicate.

And don’t even get me STARTED on the websites and back stories. How in the world do you go from creating websites like you did for Ripped From The Silver Screen and The Carnival of Carnage, to just filling your site with copy+paste images and text with embedded YouTube videos?!

I don’t think I’m asking for much, especially when the prices of these Frequent Fear Passes go up every year.

As far as HHN 26, I’m more excited to see how they’re going to execute the event with all this limited space and with The Walking Dead “supposedly” being gone, than the actual event content itself. Is this the year we’ll get the “mega-HHN” people love to rumor about with both parks being completely open?

As far as an Icon goes, I don’t really care what or who it is, as long as we have a “face” for HHN. I’m tired of IP logos being the “Icon” of HHN for the past couple of years. It’s so sad to see where the event has come. Maybe I wouldn’t be nagging if they were making-up for all their aforementioned “mistakes” if they were pumping out some quality houses and scarezones. Mind you, Universal’s houses are the best in the business when it comes to design and theme. But we’re not getting BETTER haunted houses. We’re getting the same houses we’ve been getting the past few years, if not worse. Removing effects from houses just because a microscopic percentage of your guests complain or get “hurt” is not a valid reason in my books.

But hey, at the end of the day, yes I will be there on opening night with my Frequent Fear Pass (with Express) in tote and I will enjoy myself as much as my nostalgia will let me.

definitely preaching to the Choir. I wish for all of that too (even though I didn't get to experience some of that stuff) I agree, agree with everything. 
It is funny about the music because at first I really hated the music playing at the gate, but by the end of the event I was dancing to it while going inside. the music every night definitely won me over (And since this is a carnival, at the end it felt like it definitely fit) I guess the music playing made sense in a weird way. 

I do not think good, elaborate websites are ever coming back, but that's not even Uni's fault. That's just the fault of the rise of the Smartphone. Most people check the site on the phone,

they probably think why invest time and money on elaborate stuff and backstories when all people are going to do is check the site on their phone for all of 4 minutes 

Edited by clash

My money's on Ghostbusters, either the classic as the throwback house or the forced IP house of the remake where you walk through the house listening to Melissa McCarthy and Leslie Jones trying to be funny. TWD is imminent, though I am noticing that mainstream is getting a little zombie-fatigued (Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, really?) so I'll wager that we'll definitely see it this year, Idk for 27 though. The Third Purge movie is also scheduled for release in 2016 and given the success of the scarezone & house(?) we'll see it return. The past few years FOX has proved that they don't want AHS to be involved so that and Scream Queens are probably out.

As for originals, I would like to see something entirely new. If they were to make a nightingales sequel, maybe incorporate the geisha thing they wanted to do for 24. Speaking of nightingales, they should eventually retcon Lady Luck to be a nightingale. Deep down I want a  Leave it to Cleaver sequel but I'm having trouble thinking of a way to make it an entirely new experience from last time. I would like to see Legendary Truth expanded again to the whole event, and have the storytelling & some tech they used for 25.

Disaster Queue is entirely out in terms of house placement. Shrek theater proved to be useable. Twister itself is not used for the house so the queue for that soundstage can be wrapped around someplace. To have both parks open wouldn't be as troublesome as some expected, there was no issue with Diagon Alley being open without theming, so why can't Hogsmeade? Seuss Landing would be barricaded straight through from Poseidon to Port of Entry, and I'm unsure about Marvel because if Potter was open, I don't see why Marvel can't see extra hours without theming.

• Like 2

My super early predictions for HHN26:

1 park, 9 houses, 2 shows, 6 zones. 

4 IP, 5 original houses, 1-2 IP zones. 

NO Walking Dead. There is too much evidence pointing towards it NOT coming back for me to believe this is finally happening. Possible IPs: Purge (90% sold on a house in Parade building and a zone in NY), Conjuring (very likely, especially after Insidious' immense success), something Evil Dead related, Ghostbusters, Underworld, Resident Evil (Mike said he wanted to tackle it again), etc.

For originals, I say 2 sequels, 3 new. Nightingales, Urban Legends, LT, and Catacombs all have the potential to return. My money's on the first 3.  

Only reason I say no to 10 houses for next year is this year one house was a complete repeat, save new wolves and transitions, and a LOT of content this year, from props to costumes and more, were reused. Yes, they reuse stuff every year, but with the amount of sequels and callbacks this year, I've a feeling it was more than normal. So next year's budget will have to cover 9 regular sized new houses, and having 1-2 sequels will help lessen the blow. IF (and it's a big if imo) we see a 10th house, then it would have to be a 2 park event . 

My first prediction on a house lineup:

Purge (parade building)

The Conjuring (tent 1/2)

Army of Darkness (SS)

Current IP (SS)

Nightingales 2 (SS)

Urban Legends (Tent 1/2)

original (SS)

original (Shrek, technically a 5th SS)

original (NEW location. My guess is the new parade building being built) 

*Legendary Truth (possibly an up charge  interactive experience) that's more wishful thinking than anything

Twister's closing doesn't affect queues for SS's enough to cancel the 4th SS. There is SO much room around the SSs to make up for the thin strip of real estate behind Twister used for a queue. Have an entrance next to DM, Rockit Plaza and NY facade like normal. Then, have the 4th SS enter next to the Twister restrooms. Use the M&M/AWiL exit for Rockit Plaza express queue, have all 4 exit by NY facade like 2013, and you're set. 

• Like 1

who owns the rights to Bloody Mary???? It's an urban legend.

I believe it's in the 25 years section. Hold on.

Reaper said in the ICONS-HHN thread:

"Bobby Weiner, the owner of the name and aesthetics of Bloody Mary has the licensing rights on the market currently, last time I heard. If that is true, then there's a possibility of seeing Bloody Mary again at the event."

Edited by Averixx De Avalon

I believe it's in the 25 years section. Hold on.

Reaper said in the ICONS-HHN thread:

"Bobby Weiner, the owner of the name and aesthetics of Bloody Mary has the licensing rights on the market currently, last time I heard. If that is true, then there's a possibility of seeing Bloody Mary again at the event."

at least it's not a big company that owns the rights. I feel like horror nights has done everything. Yes there's more places to go but you've done almost everything. I'm gonna talk reckless for a moment and say I think they should make a new icon.

Edited by Johnnyawesomev1
  • Like 1