Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

13 hours ago, Mrevio said:

Now would be the perfect year to westernize that Politician/demon dictator icon

It would be a terrible idea in my opinion. "Scary politician" doesn't exist here culturally.

On 3/19/2016 at 8:52 AM, Dr. Jimmy said:

Everything seems to be scheduled earlier this year? I mean it was just a few years ago that we only got permits in June? Of course, that year there was a delay because of Harry Potter or something, but it does seem like it's all way ahead of schedule compared to recent years.

I think they just talk more openly via social media about what's going on. Permits are still obtained in June. The planning always goes on about this time frame.

I'd LOVE to have a schlocky horror year with B-Movies like Tremors, Killer Klowns, C.H.U.D., Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, and stuff like that.  Won't happen, but it would be interesting.  Nothing as silly as Scaractors dressed up as Killer Tomatoes, but just ridiculous tongue in cheek horror. 

And I think we now have our store for this year's TWD house in the "insert store here" template someone outlined earlier :)

• Like 1

WOW...I hope this means that it will a prime candidate for a house in a year or two!

Classic 1988 sci-fi horror comedy "Killer Klowns from Outer Space" is making a comeback - as a TV series. The original film, directed by Stephen Chiodo, centers on alien clowns invading a small town and has become a cult success over the past three decades.

Chiodo, speaking with The Movie Crypt this week, revealed that plans are in the works for a "long arch series for cable" and went on to describe his vision which sounds like the story will serve as effectively a restart set in contemporary times:

"We wondered, 'Should we do a sequel to the first one or do we do a remake?' We came up with a 'requel' – it's a sequel and a remake. We've been developing this for a while. It's a trilogy in four parts, and it really follows the continuing adventures of new people who are experiencing this phenomenon of a Klown invasion, and once in a while you see some of the old guys pop up and hear their stories - find out what happened over the last 25 years. It's f--king great."

Talk of a film sequel has been making the rounds for years, though this marks a change even if it's not quite clear what Chiodo is planning as the description suggest films but a cable series was definitely mentioned. Either way no network or streaming service has been linked at this time.

Source:  http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/42032/-killer-klowns-remade-as-a-tv-series

Edited by Oysterhead00
Added Source

According to Dr. Jimmy's analysis (which he does not have inside information this year with intention):

* No icon

* More than half of houses are IPs (5 to 6), nine houses if they can find a location for the 9th (might build a tent)

* TWD

* The Purge

* A classic horror movie house from 70s --> 90s, possibly Texas Chainsaw Massacre (which Screamscape reported on today along with The Exorcist), The Conjuring, Tremors, Killer Klowns, American Horror Story, Alfred Hitchcock, Krampus. But TWD, The Purge, and TCM are likely.

* Ghost Town 2 perhaps, otherwise no clue with original houses. Expect some sequel houses of old franchise houses. Nightengales 2? Giggles & Gore sequel?

* Bill & Ted with emphasis on an election year. Trump / Bernie Sanders with a bird.

* Maybe a magic show? Brian, Penn & Teller?

Yeah that all sounds logical.

Cobweb is some kind of abandoned temple. Could this be the Chupacabra house come back to haunt us? The pillars are the wrong shape so... not sure.

Could it be Lovecraft? Doubtful. It's an original so unless it is an original ripping off a public domain story... probably not.

They are too thick for a mansion of a plantation.

Catacombs don't really have pillars. The ossuary church doesn't either.

My guess, based on the shape and size of the pillars would be Greek, Roman, or Egyptian. The entrance is all wrong for Greek or Roman and the room immediately inside appears to be a narrow corridor with shelves.

So I thought "New Mummy movie with Tom Cruise" but that doesn't come out until June of 2017.

Regardless it's some kind of temple. Cobwebs may refer to an "old idea" (such as scrapped house) or literally a spider's web, especially when old and covered with dust. IT implies old dusty temple ruins... and spiders! (JK but that would be cool. Not had a proper spider house yet)

also, this is the tent closest to the parade. The street is clear in the picture... I take that back it might be the one further away. The scale is off for the road to door ratio and makes more sense in relation to the walk way. Well, it's one of the tents. A least those are my guesses.

If they actually aren't pillars... then all of this is completely wrong. But for the life of me I can't think of anything that shape otherwise

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i'm new to the forums but i felt i might as well post here anyway

it'd be cool if we got more backstory on the icons or something, though that may not happen. or maybe a house loosely based off of Little Shop Of Horrors? i love that musical to bits, so i'd be downright elated if i saw something like that. or, honestly, any schlocky B-movie-esque content for houses, seeing as i love the the cheesy ambience of those movies. and after all, universal already did rocky horror picture show as a show, why not take a stab at LSOH?

or maybe we can see something related to adaru in more detail again this year i mean, that'd be cool

I wonder if they're going to bring his show back again, and if so, will it be in the same location? Although I enjoyed the show last year, I wasn't a big fan of where it was located. It seemed to get awfully congested over there at points and I felt like it took away from the scare zone over there (which is usually one of my favorite areas in the park). Why can't they use the stage where the Rocky Horror Picture Show/various magicians used to take place? 

20 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I wonder if they're going to bring his show back again, and if so, will it be in the same location? Although I enjoyed the show last year, I wasn't a big fan of where it was located. It seemed to get awfully congested over there at points and I felt like it took away from the scare zone over there (which is usually one of my favorite areas in the park). Why can't they use the stage where the Rocky Horror Picture Show/various magicians used to take place? 

The Beetlejuice show has been torn down.. They can do Animal Actors 

6 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum.  I loved the central location where crowds could disperse via several different routes and you could come and go as you wished during the show and didn't have to get herded into, and out of, an auditorium.  The freedom of movement and the organic experience it brought on was something I really enjoyed.  However, I do agree that it really took away from the scarezone in that area. 

• Like 3

So, not really wishful thinking but more of a thought/question not new thread worthy.

With all the construction going on we have lost both an entrance and an exit to a house plus a VERY popular bathroom location all because of the Twister changes. Current pictures show progress moving along at a high speed (like Universal always does now). It got my thinking though. We are around 5 months away from opening night right now if you toss in media and TM previews and stuff. Basically, 5 months until the houses need to be "show" ready. Do you think they will fast track the outdoor work of Fallon (facade and what I assume are new bathrooms) so that guests will be still be able to walk through the entrance (walled off of course to not reveal any details) to get behind the soundstage and have the bathrooms ready to go by the first night? 

It's always a tight fit with those soundstages because they have to keep the queue so long for each house and they need TWO queues for each house on top of that. It seems like adding TWO more queues to where Bodycollectors was last year would not work (just enough space for the two entrances and 1 exit). They can't put two more queues in front of the stage. They are really pressed for space there. Could we only see three soundstage houses this year or will they totally change the way they queue up each house? Using last years houses to set up locations, 25 years and AWIL would stay the same. Freddy would move to the Bodycollectors location and Bodycollectors would start where RUN started and go behind Mummy to get to the house entrance even though that would be a fairly long walk.

I am really interested to see what they do for locations this year with one queue gone, Disaster gone, and according to Mike and other people in A&D, higher ups were not happy with the lower capacity at Shrek last year during the summer months so that may or may not return. Mike didn't totally say no to bringing back a house either (and mentioned AWIL, Body and Cabin as his three favorites) and I feel like going backwards in house count is not the best step to take. Feel like 8 new houses and 1 fan favorite returning is a good mix. Just like AWIL, I never got to see Cabin and heard amazing things about it so it returning would be fine with me! Mike making a pit stop in Las Vegas sure added fuel to the fire to the rumors of Penn and Teller returning in some capacity as well. 

4 hours ago, Legacy said:

MIB is the 9th house location.

Well if it is, then you will hear B&T inside the house!

Unless they plan a really LOUD house there?

BTW on Mike's tweets the other night a few snippets besides maybe Jack returns.

One of his "Bucket List" passion project IP houses will be this year.

No HHN Bear *sniff*

No house based on Bioshock

Always one house that reflects horror's past - likely the Bucket List one.

No house based on Tusk.

He's a wrestling fan, but that doesn't mean there will be a wrestling themed house... this year.

Claims he's never seen The Exorcist. Think he's kidding.

8 or 9 houses? said Maybe  maybe not. Infuriating.

Has considered a Hannibal house. Doesn't mean there will be one.

Says reveals will be... "soon".

says Simpson Treehouse would be "complicated".

Asked about returning or sequel houses, said "perhaps".

Sais Zombies were "very hard to eradicate". Oh dear.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Badge said:

Mike didn't totally say no to bringing back a house either (and mentioned AWIL, Body and Cabin as his three favorites) and I feel like going backwards in house count is not the best step to take. Feel like 8 new houses and 1 fan favorite returning is a good mix. 

I really hope they don't start bringing back replicas of the same house like they pretty much did last year with AWiL. Fan favorite or not, they're just being cheap, lazy, or unimaginative if they take that road. People (like myself) travel across the country to see new houses and ideas each year, not repeats. I think their success might be getting to their head if they think this is a good business move. Personally (and I know some of you won't agree), I'd prefer 8 all new houses than 8 and a repeat. The amount of people an additional line would eat up (only positive) is not equal to how irritated I'd be with a move like this. With all the cash the event takes in, it's not like they can't afford having all new houses. If they bring AWiL back again for a third time this year exactly the same (a couple new wolves doesn't make it new), I'll be really really disappointed.  

People are so bent out of shape because of TWD being present for the past 4 years. At least the houses are completely different. If AWiL comes back for the 3rd time in 4 years, I expect the same people to be even more aggravated. Lets hope none of this actually happens.

Eh... I'm actually all for straight repeats... With a caveat that it's:

A. Not an IP. I'd rather not spend the licensing money on a straight repeat.

B. Something widely considered a "special" house. This is probably the bigger criteria. Not all houses are created equal, and every year doesn't need a repeat. Dead Exposure and the Inbetween, specifically, come to mind as unique, surprising houses that will difficult to ever top in what they did.

Granted, if they started repeating "classic" houses that are more than 10 years old, that would actually be amazing.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Legacy said:

A. Not an IP. I'd rather not spend the licensing money on a straight repeat.

B. Something widely considered a "special" house. This is probably the bigger criteria. Not all houses are created equal, and every year doesn't need a repeat. Dead Exposure and the Inbetween, specifically, come to mind as unique, surprising houses that will difficult to ever top in what they did.

Granted, if they started repeating "classic" houses that are more than 10 years old, that would actually be amazing.

A repeat of a house that took place 10+ years ago wouldn't be as big of a deal, but the same ip 3 times in 4 years would be bogus. Assuming they did bring back a "classic", it still doesn't mean that it should be a 100% copy of the original. Changes could be made (especially to an older house), to update it using newer effects, costumes, makeup etc. 

I'm not sure what everyone else thinks, but I really enjoyed the 1st AWiL house a lot. It was definitely one of the better houses they've done. I found that the 2nd one wasn't as good as the 1st. Sure the wolves were great, but I found that the transformation scene was nowhere near as good (maybe the scare actor?), and besides, the whole walkthrough all I could think was that I should be walking through something new. If they do it a third time, I won't even bother going through it. It's just a waste of a potential house spot. People who attend each year should be rewarded with new houses. Why cater to someone who missed it a 2nd time? 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I'd love for them bring back the Cabin in the Woods house!

Why?  Look at my signature, I missed HHN23 so I loved them having AWIL last year and if they had CITW then it will be like I didn't miss that year as I'd have gotten to do my 2 most anticipated houses I unfortunately missed :)

Then they just need to bring back Hellgate Prison with a full rated R warning attached to the house.

2 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I'd love for them bring back the Cabin in the Woods house!

Why?  Look at my signature, I missed HHN23 so I loved them having AWIL last year and if they had CITW then it will be like I didn't miss that year as I'd have gotten to do my 2 most anticipated houses I unfortunately missed :)

Then they just need to bring back Hellgate Prison with a full rated R warning attached to the house.

23 house wise was a killer year.... CITW was a great way to start off the night!

5 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Where would the HHN house be in the MIB queue?

http://www.hhnlegacy.com/uploads/6/9/8/5/6985850/1898192_orig.jpg

Where is there room inside the building? Isn't the ride there?

That picture is of the Shrek building, as is exactly the plan they used for Asylum last year, except with the queue wrapping around the building and starting in between Mel's and Transformers.

A fourth queue for the SSs isn't all that hard, even with the lack of space behind Twister (which will NOT be usable by October, no matter the state of the facade. They still won't be allowed to have guests that close to the construction for insurance reasons, I would presume). Just rework the Rockit plaza to hold 2 queues and give them room to expand longer on their way to their respective SSs and there you go.

12 hours ago, Legacy said:

MIB is the 9th house location.

There was a reason they didn't use it last year. Unless that issue was resolved, I assumed this still wasn't an option. 

6 hours ago, Legacy said:

This. Bring back a house from 05 or earlier. It's new to 90% of attendees, and old enough to be completely nostalgic and not boring for vets. Also would be easier than designing a completely new house, especially since many props are already in storage. Win-win-win.