Halloween Horror Nights 26 Wishful Thinking

Mark M.

No inside knowlage or anything, but I would love to see another video game house based only on the Level "We don't go to Ravenholm from Half Life 2, although the rest of the game is not horror, this level is scary as hell and Its self contained storyline (with the pastor helping you escape) and the setting that is just dripping with atmosphere would fit perfectly for a house in my mind.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet,  but with the Conjuring and Insidious both being possible mazes this year, would they really have two paranormal like houses in the same year? If they were to choose do you think it would be Insidious or the Conjuring?

Insidious is not a possible maze this year. There's no new release coming out in 2016 for the franchise, so there would be no reason. If there's a fourth movie, that's the next time we'd see the IP, and even then I'm not so sure. The Conjuring has the biggest chance of all 2016 IPs, imo, so if that's on both coasts' lineups this year, I wouldn't be surprised.

Insidious is not a possible maze this year. There's no new release coming out in 2016 for the franchise, so there would be no reason. If there's a fourth movie, that's the next time we'd see the IP, and even then I'm not so sure. The Conjuring has the biggest chance of all 2016 IPs, imo, so if that's on both coasts' lineups this year, I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, that's a  good point. For whatever reason I thought I saw others talking about Insidious as a possible maze.

this is off topic so please forgive me for asking, just been wondering for a long time, 
I dont know it was last year or 2013, but one day of going to HHN i remember seeing a group of monks with orange robes, shaved heads I think. Does anyone know if they were invited or something? did they pay to go to HHN? I didn't see any of them go into the houses but they were just chilling in the streets of the park. 
Did I have a hallucination? lol. it was cool but weird because I never expected that. did anyone else at least saw them? (am i going crazy?)

• Like 1

this is off topic so please forgive me for asking, just been wondering for a long time, 
I dont know it was last year or 2013, but one day of going to HHN i remember seeing a group of monks with orange robes, shaved heads I think. Does anyone know if they were invited or something? did they pay to go to HHN? I didn't see any of them go into the houses but they were just chilling in the streets of the park. 
Did I have a hallucination? lol. it was cool but weird because I never expected that. did anyone else at least saw them? (am i going crazy?)

They come to the park too. They were there last week on Thursday; I believe.

With Hollywood getting a permanent horror fixture back, in a maze that will turn into some type of attraction after hhn? (via screamscape) Dp you think this is on the table for orlando maybe next year or coming soon? Maybe see how it goes over out West first? I would assume walking dead relation (possibly new sally corp? has uni worked with them?) Or if Sally Corp has rights...what property will the attraction be themed too?? Thoughts? Anyone know more?

I would love to say Fallon is a coverup to a real dark matter, but doubtful i guess...lol (not sure that is a perfect choice for a ride theme still)!

I hope the nightingales house is base of the medical tents in the civil war 

Just think about the blood all over the tent body parts laying around people crying in pain if you got the time look up how horrorable them tents was if I was in that war I'd rather die then be in them tents. 

Edited by thewordwisper
Typos

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this is definitely wishful thinking since it involves a freaking Disney property at HHN, but hear me out. Does anyone remember from late 90's and early 2000's ther was an attraction in tomorrowland called ExtraTERRORestrial alien encounter. It had its own world, aliens, and mythology around the fake company X-S tech. It is now a stitch ride, because it was deemed two scary for Disney and removed. I would love to see universal horror nights do something based on the world of X-S tech. 

http://youtu.be/i6I7vrusAWw

On 12/30/2015 at 7:36 PM, Jediwhit82 said:

Ok, this is definitely wishful thinking since it involves a freaking Disney property at HHN, but hear me out. Does anyone remember from late 90's and early 2000's ther was an attraction in tomorrowland called ExtraTERRORestrial alien encounter. It had its own world, aliens, and mythology around the fake company X-S tech. It is now a stitch ride, because it was deemed two scary for Disney and removed. I would love to see universal horror nights do something based on the world of X-S tech. 

http://youtu.be/i6I7vrusAWw

Nah

No real thought put into this...just me thinking of crazy crap and typing it up.  I did order it from "likely" to "possible" to "ridiculous" so they get more absurd as you go along.  Didn't see many horror movies this year at all so short on recent movies.

The Walking Dead - Not really on my wish list, but going on my list since it’s pretty much set in stone.  This past season had some cool set pieces that could make the house at least look interesting.

Ash vs Evil Dead - Because Ash is awesome.  ‘Nuff said. 
(Too bad it couldn’t be Ash vs Walking Dead and it’s just him chainsawing up zombies and no stand alone TWD house.)

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - This will be on my wishlist forever.  Though bringing back the HHN parade and having it just be clowns with big hanging/swinging/screaming cotton candy sacks and popcorn and confetti guns shooting the crowd would just be amazing.

Krampus - Didn’t see the movie, but sure looked like a great house from the previews…plus I always LOVE the winter houses.  Krampuses....or Krampusi?  Or Krampuses?  Whatever, multiples walking around on stilts. 

Lumberjacked - Just big bearded hillbillies that work for a logging company with HUGE fake trees inside.  Like a full room with a giant stump in it that you have to walk around…with some kind of mirror/matte painting gag on the ceiling to make it look like it’s 300 feet tall.  A room that you walk on a rickety bridge type thing that looks like it’s 300’ up in the air.  Just lots of dismembered plaid limbs all over the place.  The big, burly, bearded scare actors always seem to get the most…so just making up some nonsense to put them all in a house instead of roaming the streets.  CSDT will be outside the exit dressed as lumberjacks and continuing the mayhem in the street.

Scary Movie / Stabbed - Comedy house.  Just to screw with Scream pulling the carpet out from under A&D last year, have them just parody the hell out of the franchise in ridiculous/stupid/over the top fashion.  The last room of the house has a killer scene that every 5 min someone dressed as a staff member with a clipboard and everything comes out and says, "Dementia Pictures pulled the plug on the house, sorry, we're shutting it down" and the scaractors sulk away.  Maybe have some rooms have an area covered with a big boxed off area with "removed due to litigation by Dementia pictures".

Mythbusters: Murphy's Law- Show is ending and Adam and Jamie (plus Keri, Torrey, and Grant) are such recognized figures you would just need a guy with a bald cap and walrus mustache to play Jaimie, goateed redhead to play Adam, etc.  Have them setting up a crazy experiment in one room, followed by the aftermath of it going HORRIBLY wrong in the next.  Like unleashing hell, lazering the cast in half, drowning, whatever.  My favorite show of all time so including it to see if it gives anybody a chuckle.

Hell to the Chief! - A parody house of a presidential candidate with horrible hair that does all kinds of crazy crap resulting in him dying a horrible death.  Like his hair getting caught in a helicopters rotor and chopping him up.  And his adversary, a crazy bitch who gets in just as much trouble.  Then they duke it out in ridiculous fashion and one comes out the winner at the end ala Freddy vs Jason.

Tool in 3D - This is obviously 1000% impossible, but it’s on my list.  Tool music blasting, with someone in a Sober video costume jerking around in a strobe lit room, and 3D eyes painted all over the walls.  Contortionists.  Menacing bald guy, painted blue, just out of site due to lighting.  Not "living the songs", just throwing all the imagery associated with the band into a house and blasting their music.  Would just be awesome.

And of course....

Hellgate Prison Unleashed - The ever rumored upcharge house.  Rated a hard R and you have to have a 21+ wristband on to get in.  Just balls to the wall insane house with gore, cursing, nudity (on dead "props", not real scaractors), everything.  Largest house ever because huge portions of it are "constructed" outside.  Like a full scale prison riot in a wide open prison yard and you have to walk through it without any guides or anything.  Have "plants" in the line that get grabbed and killed by the inmates.  Every 3 min they pulse the line there....so that you never know where your conga line is heading.  CRAZY amount of fog machines (aka tear gas).  Scareactors purposely block the line to break it up.  At the beginning of the line there is some exclusive premium drink stand that serves different beverages than in the event proper.  Plus this area of the park has it's own all over scare zone...aka inmates that broke out all over the place.  Just break all the rules and have it be as crazy as can be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Hell to the Chief! - A parody house of a presidential candidate with horrible hair that does all kinds of crazy crap resulting in him dying a horrible death.  Like his hair getting caught in a helicopters rotor and chopping him up.  And his adversary, a crazy bitch who gets in just as much trouble.  Then they duke it out in ridiculous fashion and one comes out the winner at the end ala Freddy vs Jason.

Oh my God yes! Too bad it would never happen.

• Like 2

Ha ha ha, thanks for appreciating my ridiculous sense of humor brought on by boredom on a conference call at work (and not taking my political house as a provocation against either side of the isle) :)

Glad nobody took it too seriously...thought I'd probably relocate to Florida for 6 weeks if my ramblings actually came to fruition.

I'll actually give some thought to a legit speculation lineup and post it in the near future.

37 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

i kind of want to  see killer klowns form outer space i mean it one of mike favorite movies that he want to do

I think we will...eventually.  I think they respect the movie too much to do "Karnival Klowns from Outer Space" or some knockoff, they want to do the real deal.  I keep hearing about the Chiodo Brothers doing a sequel...so there's hope if they can get that off the ground that Uni would be all over it.

EDIT:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979370/

Edited by Oysterhead00

There's some really awful wishful thinking. Why are y'all centering the focus on IPs instead of original content? If you're choosing IPs pick ones that are genuinely horrific and will translate to fantastic experiences.

Do you know why, for example, The Exorcist wouldn't work? Because most of the scenes are in one room. There is no translating that bedroom's multiple scenes into a house.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

My original concept wishful thinking is in my profile, or posted in the Creative section of Nightmares.

That said, I still desperately want to see every aspect of Literary Terror (event based on books and literature), more stuff based on true events/places (Donner Party, Chernobyl, Island of Dolls), a house set in an airport, and "Mob Zombies" (prohibition/gangster zone or house).

I believe the best horror stems from twisting what you experience regularly. A house is more terrifying than a morgue. A restaurant is scarier than a train depot. I want to go through a house at HHN and then visit that same location on the way home so all the visceral "what was that?" nerves hit you again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

There's some really awful wishful thinking. Why are y'all centering the focus on IPs instead of original content? If you're choosing IPs pick ones that are genuinely horrific and will translate to fantastic experiences.

Do you know why, for example, The Exorcist wouldn't work? Because most of the scenes are in one room. There is no translating that bedroom's multiple scenes into a house.

Opinions are like @$$holes.  Everybody has one, and everybody else thinks they stink.

Chill out, it's WISHFUL thinking.  We aren't even to the speculation point yet.

The IPs are what bring people in, so why is it shocking that people are focusing on them?  We always have like half IPs, so why are you surprised that people are speculating on them?  It's hard to anticipate something completely original and unknown, so if you're trying to be accurate it would make sense to focus on IPs that you MIGHT get right.  Regarding horrific IPs, some people find Blair Witch scary...it's just a shakey cam running through the woods so one person's horrific will be another's boring (for the record, I'm on the boring side there).  

I know you're trying to live up to your name and be critical of everything...but calm down.  There are still 4 months until Dr Jimmy's tongue in cheek April Fool's escapade that always has some truth hidden in it and kicks off the true speculation.

• Like 2